Lost 40 lbs after dieting for three months

>lost 40 lbs after dieting for three months
>finally reach a healthy bmi (24)
>go back to eating at maintenance (~2000 cal. a day)
>gain all the weight back in less than a month
>bmi 29, almost obese

I want to fucking die.

Why do people here say getting fat isn't genetic?
I know tons of skinny fuckers that eat way more than me and don't gain a single pound. Both my parents are morbidly obese, along with all of my brothers and sisters.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bEyk4u-rnYE
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/oby.21538/full
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you aren't eating at maintenance if you gained the weight back , sherlock. nice b8

If you gained weight then you aren't eating at maintenance fucking mongoloid.

>gain all the weight back in less than a month
>genetics

How did your genetics make you gain weight? :)

If you gained weight back, then you were eating above maintenance when averaging out your calories throughout the week. Meaning some days you'd eat 2000 calories, others you'd eat 2600.

Weight gain, weight loss is a simple mathematical formula for 99% of people. So unless you're the rare 1% that has some special disorder that makes you gain weight for no reason, it's just a matter of you miscalculating your calories.

>40lbs after dieting for 3 months
>2000kcal per day maintenance

Yeah no this is b8, you'd need to be eating at a 1700kcal deficit to lose that much weight that quickly. I highly doubt you only ate 300kcal (or 700 since it would be higher 40lbs ago) this whole time.

Do the math next time you troll post lad

>2000 TDE tho

maybe hes like 4'8?

I mean, my IQ is 145. I am in the top .01% in that regard. So why would it be impossible that I am part of the 1% that is destined to be fat for eternity?

The fact is, the body is more complex than calories in/calories out, and anyone who spouts that meme is a simpleton.

Exercise is a thing

Yeah, for faggots maybe

What about calories in and actually fucking exercising? Up the cardio.

You're a fucking retard

Can an engine run without fuel you idiot no it can't

If you don't FUEL your body with too much food there won't be an excess of energy to create the fat

You lost the weight RECALCULATE your fucking BMR and eat at that max

Your BMR changes when you diet. Your body is smart and knows to use less calories when you're not providing it with the food it needs.

That's why fatties always gain their weight back.

youtube.com/watch?v=bEyk4u-rnYE

The body is more complex than 'calories in calories out' in terms of health and well-being and general operation, but strictly regarding weightless that phrase is literally the be all end all.

Genetics can be a factor in your metabolic rate, sure, but wholy blaming caloric surplus on it? Come on, now. The one truth is the first law of thermodynamics: consume surplus, gain weight. Consume deficit, lose weight. Yea, psychology plays a factor too: how disciplined is the person, how much willpower do they have? But it's not an absolute excuse for change in weight, skinny, OR fat.

I've kept mine off for a few years so far. Most fats go right back to their old lifestyle after reaching their goal.

I know it's likely you're trolling, but on the rare chance that you aren't...

You're just miscalculating your calories. You can make excuses all day long, but in the end you're only hurting yourself. IDGAF what you do.

Going by your story you gained 40 pounds in a month

If this is true this makes you not only completely retarded because you can't count, but it also means you were eating like from a guess 10 thousand calories a day at least.

If this isn't just bait, but I hope you're stupid enough that this is a true story.

20 lbs of that could easily be water weight though.

Also, OP's metabolism may be as low as 1000-1200 calories, especially since metabolism drops dramatically after weight loss. It's definitely believable.

>10kg of water

20 minutes of riding dick burns at least 300 calories.

He dropped down to a weight where his maintenance is 2000 cals. Which is under 5'5 130 pounds.

That sort of frame doesn't have room to easily drop or gain 20 pounds of bodyweight. Even so, he would have still gained 20 pounds of fat if we use all the excuses within a month.

It's been shown people who lost weight don't have the same BMR has a person who was never fat, at the same weight. I doubt his BMR is at 2000.

This is bait. No way you add 40lb in a month. That's a 5000 calorie daily surplus.

You couldn't make 40lb of fat if you ate 2000 calories a day and it all went to fat.

I'm 5'6, 150 lbs and the fitnessfrog calculator says my TDEE would be 2010 with 'little or no exercise'.

>He dropped down to a weight where his maintenance is 2000 cals.

Doesnt work like that.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/oby.21538/full

Or he's old or extremely sedentary or not counting well. Probably all four.

I have trouble believing someone with such a high IQ could be capable of making consistently poor choices and becoming obese. Not saying genuises have to be shredded, but at least be smart enough not to eat their self to death. My bet is you're as delusional about your intellect as your maintenance calories. Nice try though fatpai.

Holy shit, someone on Veeky Forums that actually uses scientific studies to back up their claims.

Thank you.

lmfao

>eating at maintenance
>gain 40 lbs in a month
stop lying you dumb faggot

3'2 Masterrace

You claim you gained 40lb in about 4 weeks. That's 40/4*3500=35000cal of surplus every week. Yes, that means that you claim you have been eating 5000cal more than you should have everyday.

I'll just go and assume that most of it was water, that you deliberately inflate your numbers, that you don't count your calories anyway, that you don't lift, and that you we on a nice 1200cal program and slowed your metabolism.
>and I am all of these things at once

Tell me about fat cells, are fat children easier at gaining fat as adults?

The cals in/out meme doesn't account for slowed metabolism and inefficient thermogenesis in dieter individuals.
Basically if you were fat growing up,/not active, once you diet dats it mang, no going back to a regular meal again

It does, lad. It's just that the BMR you use in the cal out side of the equation is lower than that of someone with a normal metabolism.
Calorie in/calorie out works. You just have to realise that not everybody will use he same amount of energy (ie calories) for a given task - be it for exercising or just staying alive.

Also, you can accelerate your metabolism. For this you have to BOTH :
1. Lift
2. Eat more than your current maintenance

The calories above you maintenance won't be used by your body to store fat or synthesise muscle. Instead, it will be used to perform the same tasks it already does, but by using more energy doing so.
>wich is exactly the definition of a faster metabolism

A "damaged" metabolism can always be fixed, and it doesn't even take too long. It's a matter of weeks, of months at most. It's just that people who suffer and complain from a slow metabolism are non lifters. And usually they are people who chose to go on a very low calorie dit to lose weight, instead of lifting. So yeah, they are pretty much stuck with their shirty metabolim.

Lastly, fat (ad in obese+) people don't have a slow metabolism. They usually have faster one. Because their body is given more energy, so I uses it (thus accelerating their metabolsim) and then the extra surplus is stored as fat. That's partially why very fat people lose weight quickly.

Overweight (slightly or moderately) people on the other hand often have a slow metabolism. These are the type of person whose weight goes yoyo2. They do low Cal diets to lose these 5-10lbs, slowing their metabolism in the process, then eat at their previous maintenance, ending up heavier. But because they are he kind of person to do diet on the fiest place, they won't allow themselves to go obese, contrary to the previous category. Their only fault is ignorance (it's actually more the fault of plebs wisdom, women's mags etc, and the fact that they don't actively seek knowledge).

Google adaptive thermogenesis.