/owg/ /wlg/

A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults, bullying, and shitposting to a minimum.

>Pas stop shitposting edition

>Everett Basic Novice Program
imgur.com/pCKsrOM

>Takano Example Programs [CIII, CII, CI, CMS]
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M8AqZyApAyeSx-AoX3drVwpQEAJzVDvAJsE9PKoPwZw/edit?usp=sharing

>How to Snatch w/ Klokov
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FYhl4P8OnCd_C2v2tjOC55X

>How to Clean & Jerk w/ Klokov
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FaJbNrQrwYXkP0BVDKdTpPy

>Useful videos
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

>Helpful blogs
yashathoughts.com
chinfl.blogspot.com

>Commisar's notes on the dank, zesty Meme Method (DZMM)
pastebin.com/u0jiY8sM

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BFwnRkIhKUR/
imgur.com/pCKsrOM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZDDzuRviFKA
youtube.com/watch?v=dm7ZbgjZklE)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

im out never gonna post agen

daily reminder to let threads made by this fag just die

Finally. Good riddance. I'm not even trappy-chan but you were ruining /owg/

alex you dont even lift anymore

i say i dont post but i actually post hahah

Not to be mean to trappy but pas has a way better op

glad to see Dmitry is a /DARK HAIR/ alpha male. It's a shame that he doesn't spread his seed more to remove the light blonde inferiors

>still 3 posters

Fake commisar pls go

He was actually blond when he was young.

i'm da real guy yo

i have some back squat volume planned for the future because i'm a week faggot who shouldnt even be attempting 150 if i only fs 157

instagram.com/p/BFwnRkIhKUR/

Is Phil the strongest person on Veeky Forums?

Has anyone on /wlg/ ever been able to squat more than him?

you're gonna fucking break your wrists one of these days maxing out when you're not ready for it and ur gonna cry

bitch

Trip on deliuge

ok

Will i ever be as good as you? Im so fucking trash feels bad man. I started in the fall and am still shit

I don't trip, I name

Hey dw I started in the fall too

Not to be mean to you but you're objectively wrong

only if you let me coach you :^)

and if you post in the proper thread

>everett/takano
shit
>same klokov vids

the blogs are gud

hey that pastebin at the end is pretty great :^)

Pas has more useful shit in his

'No'
He has a dumb blog where he tells people dumb stuff like don't deadlift hurr durr

I used to listen to him. Then I decided to start deadlifting and my numbers in the cj shoot up like never before.

Klokov videos > Fatfuck Pendlay videos and leddit faq

I think the blogs tend to be more useful because they explain things in a way that someone learning can understand
the klokov vids are ok in isolation when you are referring to a specific issue like not pulling under but they don't really suit a 'watch this to learn everthing' approach

also from personal experience I have not really found everett's programs great. It was something I assumed was ok when I didn't know any different but I have done better on programs with less frills and memes like push jerks

The blog is in the OP though.

Where are you seeing push jerks? imgur.com/pCKsrOM

your technique is probably pretty shitty, man

unless your body is really undeveloped

yeah, then he became a man

yeah
I simply dislike the addition of the first 4 links, placed in pole position

I'm steadily realizing how shit I am at this, but the more I do the more I realize that a lot of this isn't too useful

meant power jerks, but now that I see your post maybe I'm thinking of his other beginner routine

incidentally where are the pulls in that pic

>commisar telling other people their technique is shit

I've seen it all now.
Please don't become Pas 2.0. You're still young, don't grow like a manchild.

Literally on friday.

yeah only one day whereas pullups get 2 days
I dunno why he doesn't just put GPP and other BB work at the end in addition to classics pulls and squats

If deadlifting made your clean go up you have shitty tech

You're ignoring that you're deadlifting on tuesday, and doing the classics on monday and thursday.

Your tech is probs really shitty then
Also are you sure he meant don't deadlift clean pull instead?
Chinese do a shitload of pulls, more than squats even

USSR weightlifting does lots of deadlifting.
USSR countries >>>>>>>>> chinese

I'm not ignoring it
I'm saying that ignoring pulls doesn't make sense especially when you see a shitload of pullups

Lol

You're pulling every workout, whether it's deadlifting, full classics or clean/snatch pulls.

How long have you been training commi?

nice haircut

>agen

not sure you usually count classics as part of pulling volume but then this isn't my area of expertise

idk just from personal experience, pulls are the most important assistance lifts and should be upwards of 3x/week at least

>giving priority to pulls instead of classics

'No'

didn't say that senpai
I said you should do the classics and independently increase pulling volume relative to the pic you showed me

I heavily implied that the routine would be better if you swapped out pullups for pulls

I think it strikes a good balance between strength training and speciifc weightlifting training for a newbie lifter.

I have no idea how you expect to do pulls after 30 reps of sn and cj
your legs and lower back will be fried

pull-ups and chin-ups are good for the upperbody, traps lats and to keep your biceps safe from injury.

Commy that qt in the pink is mirin you

Talk to her

>filename

My sides

>I have no idea how you expect to do pulls after 30 reps of sn and cj
your legs and lower back will be fried

'No'

>max out cj for 15 total reps
>max out snatch for 15 total reps
>wants to do pulls after

If you're gonna do Commisar style of pull where you do a shitty deadlift with a shrug at the top it doesn't count.

POST BOYPUSSY NOW GODDAMMIT

its surprising just how safe oly lifting is

What kind of program are you running where you max out both lifts everyday for 15 reps?

Must be some dumb shit

You're talking to caladan the whole time

He's right you're wrong

End.

very safe

imgur.com/pCKsrOM
what the hell do you think we were talking about?

Half of those are warm ups counted for the 15 reps. So basically just one max attempt for the day and the rest are light lifts

Someone who has lifted even for a few months can do that and still do pulls after

It's a stupid beginner program was his first point which is correct

'No'

vanev is my fav

youtube.com/watch?v=ZDDzuRviFKA

Christ how horrifying

Lol
Also check out this sik captcha

Reminder to stay away from steroids kids.

Haha that's similar to your name dewd1¡¡¡

juan, you and i have really similar positions in the classics but you can almost do full splits and i can't get anywhere near as far down as you

how does that work?
how into splits?

I am a beginner but holy fuck this thread.
Just stretch more for splits. Flexibility and strength in split position isn't mobility.

Also, to anyone in this thread, as a beginner myself doing pulls often which was suggested by someone here, more so than the classics and squats are making my classics shoot up. I regret following the focus classics and squat advice.

Why do you lie. You start oly way longer ago I remember your videos of you with just the bar

Soviets didn't do any conventional deadlifting ya sperg

You realise just because it worked for you doesn't mean it's what other people need? You were probably weak with a shit pull.

That's the problem with diagnosing beginners issues with no videos and no history. 'Do more pulls than classics' is fucking retarded if your problem isn't with the pull.

Open the takano spreadsheet and ctrl+f for clean deadlift

>inb4 clean dl isn't conventional dl

People in the back mirin hard :P

Not to be mean to anyone else but Durks has a way better OP

He just needs to find another gf now... kek

isaac pls stop the bullying

lol @ this discussion
Chinese and Bulgarian don't like Deadlifting much, Soviets do. Just different methodologies, don't mean someone is right and someone is wrong as all of those methods have produced results.
Sure it's not as specific, but neither is the back squat (inb4 ohs = back squat meme).

I also don't like the Everett program much... but it's better than nothing. And for someone who has been doing SL/SS and wants to get into WL, it's a fine place to start. If you guys want something better, you could make it or suggest it.

As for complaining about Klokov's videos, I'm still waiting for someone to provide something better. The videos won't teach everything someone needs to know about WL, but it's again, a good place to start (and better than Pendlay's imo).

As for the OP, I've already apologized to Pas for removing his blog (I didn't realise the blog was his at the time).

As for changing the OP, it's an obvious problem that needed addressing. Just because I had one shot at it doesn't mean it's perfect and no one else can have their input or change it to what they think works best. Please stop sperging out because of minor stuff.
Just add the stuff you think are gonna be helpful for new people when you make a new OP. Or just do what people do half the time and don't add anything.

Remove the links with PLG with the URL
It fucks up my searches and now owg shit comes up when I search plg (you know the thread for actual strong people and not the ones who like vicariously through Clarence, klokov etc)

It literally isn't a conventional dead

If you think it is you're a fucking idiot

Soviets didn't do conventional deadlifts tho

Most of the deadlift work they did was based on snatch deadlifts (which is just a partial pull essentially) as they taught it had to be a certain % of the full snatch

Everett's program isn't for total noobs, it's for people who know how to do the lifts in at least some capacity, that's my main beef with it being given out to people with zero lifting experience.

>Chinese and Bulgarian don't like Deadlifting much, Soviets do
Soviets aren't alive anymore, andt hey did pulls anyway, not deadlifts.
Chinese pull heavier than Russians do / Soviets did too btw
Abadjiev didnt really advocate pulls at all afaik (lower level Bulgarian lifters did not train using Abadjiev's system)

You may be getting confued over terminology; some people like to call heavy pulls deadlifts, but these are not and should not be anything like a conventional powerlifting deadlift.

>As for changing the OP, it's an obvious problem that needed addressing. Just because I had one shot at it doesn't mean it's perfect and no one else can have their input or change it to what they think works best. Please stop sperging out because of minor stuff.
>Just add the stuff you think are gonna be helpful for new people when you make a new OP. Or just do what people do half the time and don't add anything.
Since when have the point of /owg/ been to be a free of charge coaching central for beginners who are stupid enough to ask questions on Veeky Forums? You are very new to the sport, and does not have very much knowledge about weightlifting. Why do you think you are in a position to teach others about weightlifting? /Owg/ was literally fine as it was before you showed up, just admit that you want to turn /owg/ into another /noobs jerk off to trappy general/.

>Soviets aren't alive anymore

The system is. To some extent. That's what I'm talking about.

>andt hey did pulls anyway, not deadlifts.

They did deadlifts all the time, at least when they were in their "strength period". Eventually they moved into periods that were a lot more focused on classics and speed.

>some people like to call heavy pulls deadlifts, but these are not and should not be anything like a conventional powerlifting deadlift

The soviets train the conventional deadlift (which they simply call Clean Deadlift).
It's not a clean pull. Though they also do pulls.

They did. Where the hell are you people taking the info from that the soviets didn't do deadlifts?
Seriously, point a single source. I'm willing to ignore that different coaches have different methods, but just point one that doesn't have deadlifts in their programs.

Everything you read about them you'll see they talk about how much more focused on strength they are than chinese or bulgarian.
Every program I've looked at so far has deadlifts and snatch deadlifts. If you look for videos you'll find them doing heavy deadlifts all the time.

Alright, let's play a game then.
Point the differences in the Clean Deadlift and the Conventional Deadlift.

Here your (you)

In the book that's literally the program he has for total noobs. He literally talks about how the lifter won't have a 1RM yet, and how the lifts have no prescribed load.

>Point the differences in the Clean Deadlift and the Conventional Deadlift
Clean deadlift is same motion as the first part of the clean, while conventional positions you to pull the most weight off the ground mechanically. Very significant differences in angles and stance

>inb4 first part of clean is just a deadlift
A clean pull is a movement that positions body in where power is optimally generated. A deadlift is a lift that allows most weight to be pulled off floor. Nobody can generate enough power to clean a heavy deadlift(near max), so strength off floor is less of a limiting reagent than explosiveness in extension. Therefore, the deadlift (designed to pull most weight off ground as possible) is largely irrelevant in wl and should be wholly replaced by clean pulls

>Very significant differences in angles and stance

Point them out so I can point how this is not entirely accurate.

>Therefore, the deadlift is largely irrelevant in wl

For Chinese weightlifting.
Russians will disagree. The strength and mass you build with deadlifts are all directly transferable to the classics, just like with the back squat.

Chinese do 'hard pulls' which are probably what you call a clean deadlift. afaik chinese tend to do these are higher percentages than the soviets/russians.

I call these pulls, and I feel thats a more accurate way to describe them to avoid confusion.

>Point the differences in the Clean Deadlift and the Conventional Deadlift.
surely you've seen good powerlifters deadlifting?
also klokov's heavy pulls aren't the best example for what a heavy weightlifters pull looks like

>For Chinese weightlifting.
if you stopped trying to talk about stuff you obviously are very ignorant about you'd avoid lots of this drama

why doesn't he finish the end of the rep by squeezing his glutes? it looks like he does 90% of the motion.

>surely you've seen good powerlifters deadlifting?

I've seen many people deadlift. Strongman, Powerlifters, Weightlifters. People who don't even train for any of those.

>also klokov's heavy pulls aren't the best example for what a heavy weightlifters pull looks like

I'm not talking about Klokov.

>you'd avoid lots of this drama

What drama?
We're just talking about weightlifting, training, and technique here. Not every discussion is supposed to be a fight.
Chill down.

You are a very annoying person, and love to create drama and try to blame others.

You also love to argue for idiotic points and refuse to clarify your points, claiming others misunderstanding is their fault and not because you are shit at articulating your dumb points.

Fuck off.

Learn to talk to other people and discuss stuff without getting angry and wanting to fight and create drama.
Be more humble and open. You don't know everything.

Be more self aware

Project less.

I'm here to talk about weightlifting, not fight in your childish ego drama.

the guys that stood up and clapped in the background made me laugh

why the fuck are you clapping?

You can also gain the same strength through clean pulls
In a deadlift, hips are high to put load in glutes and hamstrings, arms perpendicular to ground in narrow grip, with narrow stance
As opposed to clean pull, with low hips, arms at rack width, tight upper back, feet at extension width

>Chill dude, don't let mere conversations become fights

Snatch it off

I'll answer in multiple posts so I can post vids.

>In a deadlift, hips are high
>As opposed to clean pull, with low hips

This is dependant on the load. If the load is heavy, your hips will always raise high before the bar leaves the ground.

Novices are taught to start the DL with the hips already in the high position, but you'll find many of the strongest deadlifters actually prefer starting with low hips.

See vid.

Hehe i meant to greentext the "fuck off" part not myself

>arms perpendicular to ground in narrow grip
>arms at rack width

Personal preference. Many of the strongest deadlifters have a rack width grip.
See vid.

>Novices are taught to start the DL with the hips already in the high position, but you'll find many of the strongest deadlifters actually prefer starting with low hips.
>
>See vid.
His deadlift doesn't start with low hips.

>with narrow stance
>feet at extension width

Personal preference. See >tight upper back

While there are some very strong deadlifters who do it with a rounded or slightly rounded upperback (vid), this is not the norm.
What most people will consider a "proper deadlift" includes extension and tightness through the entire length of the spinal erectors, and scapulae depression for lats tightness (see youtube.com/watch?v=dm7ZbgjZklE)

Read again
>This is dependant on the load. If the load is heavy, your hips will always raise high before the bar leaves the ground.

Trappy, the Russians did clean and snatch deadlifts

Not conventional deadlifts

Show me one source that includes conventional deadlifts

All deadlifts programmed in Soviet programs is basically a clean pull with no extension, not a normal deadlift

You're wrong here.

There's irony here, you've dismissed everyone on certain points just like pas is

He's saying clean deadlifts are conventional deadlifts

Look up his posts

both of these guys also have very distinct tech
personally I DL with really high hips, a lot higher than hall and marcel, and it would be a very different movement if someone told me to do a clean deadlift. Torso needs to be a little more upright in clean dl than it does in the majority of deadlifts

also I think clean deadlift/pull rely a lot more heavily on extremely controlled upper and lower back because you need to keep that tightness on extension, but the requirement is relaxed in deadlift because there's no requirement to keep the bar close once you pass power point

I think you're right in that some deadlifts resemble clean deadlifts but certainly not enough of them to consider it a blanket pronouncement that the lifts are the same

Clean deadlift = Conventional Deadlift
Only difference is that it specifies that you should use rack width grip (which many deadlifters naturally prefer), and more focus on form than weight.
The movement is the same.

See What am I dismissing?
I'm discussing all the point being thrown at me.

>This is dependant on the load. If the load is heavy, your hips will always raise high before the bar leaves the ground.
Unrelevant to your point unless you argue that people should use different form on light and heavy weights. A conventional deadlift starts with hips at he point where the lifter can get the best starting position. A clean deadlift tries to mimick the first part of the lifters clean.

But they aren't. The point that some conventional dead lifters have a deadlift resembling a clean is irrelevant. That's how they pull the most.

Implying the Soviet system employed a conventional deadlift (in which you move the most weight)/is wrong. They'd teach it the same as the pull in the clean. Wether that matches someone's conventional dead is irrelevant.

The movement isn't the same, because most people's conventional dead isn't the same as their clean, and they are taught for different reasons.