Vegan Bodybuilding

Thinking about going vegan. What are the pros & cons? Are there any 100% vegan bodybuilders for inspiration?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_BONIINpVK0
youtube.com/watch?v=FBb5THJ8jOQ
cooking.stackexchange.com/questions/8684/what-can-i-do-to-help-prevent-flatulence-from-beans
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiflatulent
youtube.com/watch?v=GR_XfQ4je9s
greatveganathletes.com/strength
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The only true cons are primarily social.
You can expect to be ridiculed, mocked, hated/disliked, avoided, and lonely.
Everything else is pretty much an upgrade, some areas more than others.
Taking B12 can be seen as a con to some people if you don't eat fortified foods but this really only buttblasts normies.

Pros:
Better for the environment
Leads to better cardiovascular health
Living a cruelty free lifestyle
Losing fat easier while gaining muscle just as easily as always

Cons:
Simple, obnoxious people with tiny penises will insult you (think Joe Rogan)

That's about it!

Samefagging this hard.

>4 posters

Vegan for 6 months, feeling great and making gains.

As long as you take b12 and eat enough protein you'll be fine. But people will be annoying as fuck about it.

Also, other vegans can be pretty annoying. I never talk to anyone about it irl. Personal choice.

Anyone got any good vegan meals?

Jon Venus has a good channel where he shows a lot of his meals

youtube.com/watch?v=_BONIINpVK0

He eats a lot of oats, beans, fruits, and split peas

>Boil quinoa, lentils, chickpeas
>Sautee onions, jalapenos, peppers, etc. Add black beans, pinto beans, can diced tomatoes. Cook it for a while.
>Mix it all together, throw in frozen veggies

Just finished second lunch of the day on that shit. The farts will commence soon. But it was delicious, filling, and packed with protein.

Report and hide you know the drill.

Like changing IPs is any trouble for a degenerate trying to seduce innocent minds.

Cons: it doesn't work

>being this delusional

I'm not interested in 'all vegan' but I read vegan veggie recipes to pick up some tasty green veggie low carb sides. No hate, whatever floats your boat and makes you feel good.

Thanks user, I really appreciate this.
I do sometimes worry that vegans eat too many carbs though?

I've noticed an increasing amount of flatulence too in changing diets. It's a good job I'm single.

I've also found a great level of love for mushrooms.

What do you guys use as your go-to sources for protein?

Do you know what the macros are?

I've been thinking about going vegan lately. I'm no expert, but it seems like it is a little more challenging to get protein and calories. I don't know, maybe I'm not knowledgeable enough, but most plant-based protein powders that I have seen are very low protein per scoop.

The best I found is 30g protein per scoop, was called vega. 3 scoops of that a day, and a clif builder bar is 110 g of completely vegan. Depending on what your weight/goal is, it probably would not be difficult to make up the remaining with quinoa, rice, beans ,etc, but the downside is you may have to pay a little to get these supplements.

you forgot one
Con: can't climb mount Everest

Pros: None

Cons: Everything

Don't be a pussy. Eat some meat faggot.

>simple obnoxious people will insult you
>goes on about some guys penis
>fails to see the irony here

I get ~130g protein a day.
1 Scoop of soy isolate 26g in my morning smoothie and 50g from tofu for dinner. The rest is just eating my chickpeas to seeds and nuts. If I liked beans I would go for that over the tofu each night.

>tofu
>unironically eating meemee food

youtube.com/watch?v=FBb5THJ8jOQ

There aren't necessarily cons as much as complications

- B12 deficiency. Will not show up until you've been a vegan for 5+ years, since your liver stores that much B12. Then bam, CNS diseases/altzheimers. Supplementing is an absolute must
- Iron deficiencies. Some veggies have some iron (like tomatoes), but overall it's still a small amount. The iron in veggies is also not as bio-available as iron from red meat. Will likely have to supplement, but not as critical as B12.
- Creatine: Will likely have to supplement, I don't think there is any natural creatine source for vegans. Creatine Monohydrate is relatively cheap and completely artificially synthesized, hence vegan.

And last but not least, the big one

- Protein. You wanna build muscle as a vegan, you will have to do some very indepth research on how to eat in order to obtain enough protein and to obtain a good protein-profile. Depending on how many different types of supplements you're willing to take (soy protein, pea protein, peanut powder) etc, you will get way too many calories from fat and carbs, and you may have to do large amounts of cardio to burn them off. Yes, if you do not get this in check, you can kiss your gains goodbye.

Note that there is a HUGE difference between being a vegan strongman and a v. bodybuilder. Many people often cite e.g. Baboumian as example, who is vegan, but remember that 1) that guy hasn't been a vegan for all that long, and 2) he is way WAY too fat to be anywhere near a bodybuilder. For a strongman, the cals that come from protein are by far not as critical as for a bodybuilder, who's diet needs to be 100% on point and who needs to be lean as hell.

If you want to know more, read the article about it in Applied Metabolics (the Applied Metabolics guy also has a video about it called "proteinaholic" or so) and/or scoobys video on the matter (only very general advice)

As for the pros? well, a BIG one is that you will get more fiber than 99% of the population, which is great.

Top kek

>As for the pros? well, a BIG one is that you will get more fiber than 99% of the population, which is great.

Mate, anyone can get enough fibre just by eating like 20 grams of Psyllium husks.

The only pros are that you don't feel guilty for playing a part in the mistreatment of animals farmed for their produce.

B12 is right, everyone should supplement (even if you don't eat vegan)

Iron is bunk though. Iron supplements aren't safe outside of prescription for medical emergencies. Beans, veggies, and whole grains actually do contain a lot of iron. 1 cup of dry lentils has 80% of the DV for example. Adding vitamin C, like from a side of green veg with a meal, or fruit for dessert, improves absorption of plant iron. Heme iron in meat is too easily absorbed and is actually considered one of the reasons red meat is known to cause colorectal cancer.

The natural source of creatine is your own body, which produces it. Lots of bodybuilders use creatine supplements because the amount in a supplement is way more than you'd ever get from eating meat.

>anyone can get enough fibre just by eating like 20 grams of Psyllium husks.

Psyllium husk doesn't have any of the benefits that fiber from food does

Vegetarian is a lot easier than vegan. Those eggs and milk will go a long way in simplifying your protein dilemma.

basically it's a "don't bother finding sources and learning anything" version of doing steroids

>eat meat
>lift
>claim to be vegan
>get given money by bullshit products to hype their vegan shit on instagram
>profit

Torre Washington is a vegan pro-bodybuilder.

Protein is not too much of a problem if you try to mix pulses, (whole) grains and seeds/nuts throughout the day (you would not eat only lentils one day and only plain pasta the next day anyway).

You must look like complete shit, estrogenic faggot.

>what are soybeans
Veeky Forums is so retarded

Y tho

Pro
>It ensures cocoon mode
Con
> you will have no friends because they can't be fucked dealing with your meme diet and don't want to listen to you talking about being vegan every 3 minutes

>I've noticed an increasing amount of flatulence too in changing diets
Coriander seeds helps against flatulence, and the same with ginger and lemon balm. If you use them when cooking legumes it decreases the gassy effects. Cumin and turmeric is also supposed to help.

cooking.stackexchange.com/questions/8684/what-can-i-do-to-help-prevent-flatulence-from-beans

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiflatulent

Adding some links. Pepper, cloves, cinnamon and garlic is also mentioned here.

Great argumentation there. I will do as such immediately.

LOL at vegans getting BTFO.

youtube.com/watch?v=GR_XfQ4je9s

this guys pretty cool and actually made me consider going vegan

greatveganathletes.com/strength

ADAPTT has a list of vegan athletes, some of them are impressive as fuck desu.

If your calories and fat/protein needs are met the carbs don't matter unless they're somehow all simple carbs. Carb the fuck up desu.

What? Soy products are the highest protein available without taking hemp/pea protein powders.

Benefits such as?

Sorry for the late reply btw

Lol @ ur heart failure in 20 years senpai

> Soy products are the highest protein available

> 8 grams of protein per 100 grams of tofu

hmm...

umm, it's harder to eat healthy when you restrict your diet to only vegan food.

try again sweetie ;) x

Reminder that vegans can't be CHAD because they can't eat PIZZA

>ywn be chad

This. Fuck dealing with other vegans. Let no one know you are vegan unless you have to, normies will be insufferable dumbfucks about it for the most part, and other vegans are almost as bad for the most part.

Having to be associated with other vegans was harder for me to deal with than quitting meat/dairy.

Pros: feel great, be happy you dont fuck with the environment or innocent animals

Cons: deal with people who claim meat to be the only reason they live, while telling everybody how annoying vegans without any self-awareness

how annoying vegans are, without having any self-awareness*

>fucking veganism made me incapable of typing

Man, what's up with the farts?

10 years I ate 90% paleo. Always healthy farts and shit.

Switch to vegan and mang, the farting is just miserable. It tells me the diet isn't what I'm biologically designed to eat, so I need to adjust and manipulate the diet to work.

Any tips on high protien, low fart, foods?

Mushrooms are filling, but have fuck all nutritional value. It shocked me to discover that.

Top info. Thank you!

>As long as you take b12
and zinc and calcium (non-animal form are not absorbed well) and choline etc etc etc. Enjoy your IQ going down the drain too,and becoming very very sensitive to everything and everyone.

Seems like its y'all who are super sensitive.

I eat meat, but I'm under no illusions that it's pure cognitive dissonence. That's probably why meat eaters are usually so inseucre about their indefencable stance.

I'll go vegan. Until I can raise, hunt, butcher, and cook my own game.

look at Christian Orthodox lent cuisine,where you basically go vegan for short periods of time.

You know that there are vegan pizzas, right ?
Oh wait, you don't because you are not chad

Oh hi, its the soy-estrogen myth again.

Thats a pretty shitty tofu.
The one in my store is 22g.
I can also buy pure, dried spy thats 44g of protein per 100g.

>hurr durr i cant justify killing animals so i better say nutrients that you can get without killing animals to prove my point

>sonic does intermittent fasting

vegans never get BTFO

Most corpse munchers cannot defend killing animals so you always get butthurt

>huehue look at this video
>if meat eaters acted like vegans (does not act like vegans and does not justify causing suffering and death to animals. )huehuehuehuehuehuehue i win

looooling @ your gyno next week tbpf

I know the tastiest beans
beans beans they're good for your heart
the more you eat them

not a myth

yes it is.

Ive been vegan for four years and recently retried an omnivore diet. All i got from eating non vegan was fat and not as good shits. Went back to vegan and feeling great. Meat is a meme.

First post, best post.

Also some might think that you are a raging liberal, which pisses me off most

Cheaper food, better macros and micros. No animals harmed.

Not necessarily
No
Yes
No

When I run out of meat I switch to vegan protein till I buy meat again. Kek

When you go that long without eating meat you lose enzymes in your body to process that meat. My sister is a hipster fag desperate for validation so she went vegan for years. Then she fell into a "foodie" crowd that was all about head to tail cooking and that shit and eating meat made her ill for a long while before she became normalized again

I have no problem with vegans so long as you are properly ashamed of what you are instead of morally elated.