Why lift when playing an instrument will get you laid 100x more?

Why lift when playing an instrument will get you laid 100x more?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VTILXMMXIc8
youtube.com/watch?v=MTNHqqeTreo&sns=em
vocaroo.com/i/s1k3xRbg2qco
youtube.com/watch?v=yi8811qAWfc
youtu.be/s-w0WcXRWUE
youtube.com/watch?v=Amzp7W0RkPA
youtu.be/b29wfBiUEX8
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Playing clarinet has never gotten me laid, whereas being strong has

100 x 0 = how much sex you're actually getting

Because the flute makes me look gay

>whynotboth

guitar players are a dime a dozen, hundreds of hours of practice so you can play the same shit everyone else plays, gear costs a shit ton. if you have the practice space, get a drum kit instead. Most Veeky Forums instrument. Look at Zach Hill, raises hell with drums and is one of the most Veeky Forums musicians

Why lift when it's all about the FACE HEIGHT FRAME

Why leave the house when this time next century you'll be dead

Fair point, actually

being a good guitarist doesn't make me physically strong

also, as usual
>why not both?

Musician speaking. This is 100% false. Nobody gives a shit about musicians anymore. In the 80s and early 90s, when people went out to see live bands every week for fun, then you could parlay your music skills into bedding a broad, but nowadays when music is background noise, your ability to play an instrument excites precisely no one.

>your ability to play an instrument excites precisely no one.
Except yourself.

>meme gripz

I go to a lot of live music shows and concerts, they get smaller every year.

The worst part is how much respect and large crowds DJs get for hitting play on an ipod and bobbing their head while smoking a cigarette. The lines are outside the door and real musicians are getting a handful of ugly men and their ugly wives.

You guys should DJ.

drum kits can easily be more expensive than a guitar rig

Came here to post this.

I'm fat
I don't want fat chicks
why should chicks like fat guys if I don't like fat chicks?

I mean, just to reiterate- both is best. I play multiple instruments- guitar, bass, piano, drums, viola, clarinet, I sing, and I'm really, really good at making computer music. Being a musician is something you start for reasons like that then just end up doing for yourself, same as liftan.

>Zach hill
>Raises hell

The only ones who admires Zach are people from Veeky Forums. Its clear that anyone who think he is anywhere above average has never touched a drumset

You can actually play songs with just a guitar though, drums have to rely on other instruments.
They're also bigger and louder, not ideal if you're living in an apartment.

>The worst part is how much respect and large crowds DJs get for hitting play on an ipod and bobbing their head while smoking a cigarette. The lines are outside the door and real musicians are getting a handful of ugly men and their ugly wives.

Time for the drum solo so its a good time to use the restroom if you guys need to but didn't want to miss the real slow.

you realize the djs still take hours to make their songs, right?

I do both and I barely get laid. H hold me fit ;_;

(I'm a bass playert though)

You know how I know you're just another shitty musician playing in a cover band who nobody listens to?

>skinny beta kid thinks he can get laid by playing guitar to a grill
>starts playing
>she likes it
>i finish my PIZZA and go over to the girl
>introduce myself as CHAD
>ask the girl to dance with me
>"hey KID, keep on playing"
>beta is intimidated by my FACE, HEIGHT and FRAME
>his face when he's playing, and i'm dancing with the qt

Real musicians spend years, not hours. Anyone with a basic knowledge of rhythm and tonality can create computer music and hit play anytime they want, it's not impressive. Just play with fruity loops for "hours".

Because the triangle never gave me pussy.

>and I'm really, really good at making computer music
>"computer music"

No, no you are not. Source: I'm also very good at making """""""computer music""""""

>tfw you play the harmonica and people seem to enjoy it

Don't think it's even been the cause of getting laid, but playing is extremely fun, and people liking it feels pretty good. Being incredibly easy to transport is also a plus.

>play guitar for 10 years
>kissless virgin
Yeah, play an instrument.

You actually enjoy the music or what? I thought it was just herding teens together to dance and do drugs but no, people really like the music, grown adults crowding to stare into oblivion at the back of a laptop and cheering wildly for the next songs, the drop and 4 second samples of real songs repeated 128 times.

Are you implying Nero, Daft Punk, Skrillex, and El-P haven't spent literally YEARS if not decades getting extremely fucking good at """""""""""""computer music""""""""""""""? Why are you under the impression that all hip hop/EDM musicians are all sweaty teenagers making shitty loops with free trials of FL? That's like saying all guitarists are just Chads who only know how to play Wonderwall

did the girls SAW you play?

it doesn't work from your room alone man.

I played in a band for a few years, but quit to focus on uni and an actual job.

This.
Talent always gets recognized in some form

Jokes on you I lift and play guitar + bass and it got me nowhere

Its extremely easy to learn. Anyone could recreate their best samples by watching a 20min YouTube vid with the same DAW. You know when they did something well because itll be copy and pasted for 16 measures which shows how much they actually care about musicianship.

youtu.be/VTILXMMXIc8

God look at this idiot doing nothing but dragging and dropping loops into FL, what a dumbass amirite? I bet he doesn't even know the first thing about REAL music

I can appreciate him trying to be entertaining, he obviously has talent, likes the music and knows most DJs are posers but still
>Copy and pasted samples in the sampler pad
>Looping a measure of chords played on keys
>Scratching in general

I'm guessing you're impressed by the pads but it's just a matter of hitting them on tempo and he doesn't have to worry about hitting a note out of key when he improvises, just be on time.

Not the guy youre replying to, but I think his point is that you could recreate everything that in a computer and noone would even know the difference.
That said, the guy looks talented and like he knows what hes doing and sure it looks impressive with all that equipment, but you do realize all of that is pretty much an interface for a DAW (except maybe for the turntables). I did like the track tho, it was nice.
Also did this dude just take the muse logo and put his name there? lol

bass will not get you laid. It's guitar. But OP is a faggot anyways bc lifting will get you more sloots on Tinder than being a musician

/thread

>Not the guy youre replying to, but I think his point is that you could recreate everything that in a computer and noone would even know the difference.

I can also play the chords of Wish You Were Here on my own guitar and most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference. What's your point?

But aside from that, if someone actually tried to make copy of a famous EDM song (which they literally couldn't, because the amount of complexity in not only the production but also in the mixing/mastering in a very good EDM track is impossible to figure out by ear. Plus, you are not going to have the same virtual instrument, EQ, other mixing plugins as the person you're trying to imitate), most people would hear it and say "wow what a shitty imitation of [famous EDM song]." You don't understand how EDM production works, and I'm not sure why you're making all these false assumptions.

>What makes EDM unique is pirateable softwares.

Hey man, Im not trying to undermine this genre of music or its artists. In fact, I quite like some of the music.
That said, the average listener will not be able to differentiate one track for another, youre talking about people that actually know these artists and can spot a difference from a mile away. Just like the people that listen to Floyd and will spot the difference right away.
I will say I am not familiar with EDM production, however I have experience with production in general and youre making it sound like its a god given talent and its super unique in that noone will be able to recreate it. I have respect for musicians in general, just being able to make something that gets peoples attention is noteworthy, Just enjoy music for what it is and dont let people undermine what you like man.

Repugnant is a creature
who would squander the ability
to lift an eye to heaven
conscious of his fleeting time here, breh

Drums are usually more expensive than guitars until the higher end stuff.

>zach hill
>anywhere near a good drummer

I love death grips but ur a retard, famalongdingdong

I play eight different instruments and only one has ever directly gotten me laid.

The Harmonica. I was fucking railed like two years ago sitting out back of a bar. Pulled it out of my coat and started playing, girl walks up and starts grooving along.

Playing the guitar and lifting are my two hobbies. Been doing both for more than a decade. Played in bands live countless times.

You're wrong. Both make you more deirable than the average joe with no interests and a couch body, buto none of them will get you laid per se.

That's the problem all robots have to face. They think by lifting or being good at some shit alone you get a gf/laid ticket handled to you. No dude you have to work for it and face rejection and smile at the stupid things she has to say in order to get inside.

RASMUS

Because no one wants to bang an oboist.

Lol retard. EDM is literally a template.
Everyone uses the same kickdrums, synths and samples.

Look for 'Steve Angello - Knas' for a good example.

The melody is literally a sample from a samplepack

And it's all the same mixing and mastering.

> Hipass everything that isnt bass and limit everything to hell.

But you wouldn't know, because you have no idea about music

Musical prodigy here. When you're actually a really serious musician, there comes a point when you stop giving a fuck about impressing girls with your playing and you're entirely doing it for yourself. On occasion I'll invite girls to my performances, but impressing them isn't my focus when they're there, and I play the exact same as if they weren't there at all.

That being said, there's nothing like a good sax solo for getting girls wet.

Daft Punk literally stole everything.
They just added a phaser and a 909 kick.

Plenty of electronic artists are keyboard wizards that can outshred most guitarists

youtube.com/watch?v=MTNHqqeTreo&sns=em

It's also quite difficult to sculpt good electronic timbre. While with guitar you just buy a tube amp. Electronic artists can spend days on just finding sounds let alone notes.

It's also hard to make very rhythmic music sound tight. A band like Jamiroquai that plays fast paced dance music with real instruments has more talent as a band than pretty much anyone in the rock genre. To play that tight with that many instruments is hard and mistakes are far more noticeable with dance music.

No, you just buy massive, serum or sylenth

God you have no idea lol

And then you have boring timbre that sounds like shit.

You just have no ear for tone.

Link to your sc?

I've been playing the accordion and the cello for almost fifteen years and not once has it gotten me laid. Probably two of the least sexiest instruments you can play.

Because playing an instrument won't get me into the RAF, at least not in my chosen branch.

I do both tho

Posts here that imply that electronic music is considered as "less" of a music are laughable.

The process of making a song doesn't matter, only the final product matters. It doesn't matter if it took you 25 years to make a song with an full orchestra or 15 minutes with a few pots and pans if you get the same result in the ending. The fact that it took 25 years doesn't change the end product. The argument is the same as when people refer to the movie Boyhood as good because it took 12 years to make it. That doesn't change the end product, that doesn't mean it is good. Good music is good music, however it was made. Some of the "great hits" were made in half an hour while the stoned guitarist played some catchy riff, some took a decade of rearranging to fullfill the artists desire. But none of them would say that there should be a set way of how a good song should be made.

vocaroo.com/i/s1k3xRbg2qco

There's a clip

because I'd look even more pretentious if carrying around a fucking instrument. my own body on the other hand... It's about looking like you have a life

I think you're confusing pretentious with autistic

Who /bass guitar/ here?

Fuck treble man fuck treble i don't want it

or mids

youtube.com/watch?v=yi8811qAWfc

Bitch yeah

Only if you play funk/fusion bass. Everything else is lame.

youtu.be/s-w0WcXRWUE

Tell me you don't just play root notes.

my nigga

Check this out

youtube.com/watch?v=Amzp7W0RkPA

Check out Dexter Wansel

youtu.be/b29wfBiUEX8

John Mayer strikes me as the kind of guy who pulls lots of tail, then said tail immediately regrets being pulled.

>engaging in something you should be doing for yourself to get laid.

Which is precisely why doing that activity will never get you laid.

>99.99% of electronic music is shit
>no matter how you slice it

I play guitar, piano, drums, and sing and none of those have ever gotten me laid.

You know what has gotten me laid? The ability to carry a conversation and flirt here and there