QTDDTOTT

Old one is at 300+
Earlier today waiting for a bus I got a tightness in my chest. Its gone now and I feel ok but should I lift tomorrow instead, just in case lifting makes it flare up?

Do some cardio fatty

Do you have a previous heart condition?
If you do, I have no idea what you should do.

Do you not have a previous heart condition?

I still don't know what you should do.

Mix grip for deadlift better than regular grip?

mixed for work sets, regular for warm-ups

+ do some static holds during your warm-ups

I had a heart defect that cleared up after birth if that's something to take into consideration? Been lifting for around 10 months just fine.

Anxiety?

Probably, I had an exam to take earlier and was fretting over it... but what that other user says about heart conditions makes me worry.

How?

How long does it take to adjust to a cut?

I hit an OHP plateau of 60kg. Been progressing at linear pace every workout now I am stuck failing on my third set of 5X5 with 60 for 4 sessions. I tried doing push-presses and then slow negatives after failing with 60, doing higher volume with 55 and 57.5 but nothing helps. I'm making linear progress on all my other lifts. What do?

Similar to this guy only I'm at a bench press plateau - can't 3x5 above 75kg for the life of me. I've heard it can help to deload and add volume - any suggestions? Maybe 5x5 72.5kg, or 3x8 70kg?

With OHP it's often form. Use a belt and SQUEEZE those abs, butt, quads. Bending at the waist, lean back just enough so the bar doesn't knock your chin but no more, keep your centre of gravity over your mid-foot. There's a great Rippetoe form video on YouTube.

Assuming an ideal cut, what is the ratio of fat lost to lean body mass lost per lb/kg of mass lost?

How often do you guys do your lifts?

whatever happened to that asian tripfag girl who wet her pants doing a deadlift? i think her username started with s.

This is not fitness related, but health related. I think I have hemorrhoids. There's some sort of swollen lump near my asshole. Anyone got some advice, tips or stories they want to share about this subject?

All over the internet I can read that eating more smaller portions through the day is better than eating fewer, bigger ones. But I work a three shift system, and I don't really have time to eat every three-four hours, so I just eat a big dinner (made with healthy stuff, I want my main source of carbs to be veggies, proteins from chicken/fish and fats from olive oil, cottage cheese). Then at work I eat a salad with chicken/fish or eggs or a whole-grain bread sandwich. For snacks I usually eat nuts, bananas, oranges, apples.

So, long story short: is my diet fine with above ingredients, but all crammed in two-three big meals, instead 4-6 recommended by most sources?

I started avoiding pasta and rice to lose fat quicker (I have high BF%), but if it sounds like a dumb idea, I can reintroduce it into my diet again.

Also I run regularly, 4-5 times a week, started 4 months ago.

>Anyone got some advice
yeah, go to a motherfuckin' doctor you fuckin' chimp

I've been "lifting" for a year (quotes due to shit diet and going straight from 3day whole body to 4day u/l splt, not squatting freeweight until 2 months ago, etc) and this is my general progress:

bench 12rm 165
squat 6rm 245
ohp 9rm 105
dont deadlift (never learned, just squat every lower body day)
bodyweight ~245 to ~188 (started eating 1800 cal/day so i can lose these moobs)

the question: is my progress suitable for a 1 year /fat/?

Should i just focus on learning how to diet properly so i can look good or should i drastically restructure my training program

p.s. if i stopped doing high rep range bench at 165, what should my bew weight/reps be

i feel like everytime after i squat, this area gets weaker, parricularly on the left side. i've adjusted my stance several times, no difference. squat barefoot btw. how do i strengthen this area or what am i doing wrong?

3 meals is perfectly fine.

Don't make 2 a habit.

I've gained nearly 4 pounds in two weeks on a bulk. Is this too high?

i slept like 3 hours today and just came back from the gym, had to cut the workout because i felt like my chest was slightly closed, lost my breath easily, and i couldnt run for more than 10 min
and i dropped half a kg
is it because i didnt sleep well?, or are the cigarettes starting to affect my lungs, im 21 been smoking for 4 years

That is high, but it's more likely you fucked up weighing yourself.

You're weighing in the same conditions right? First thing in the morning after shitting and pissing and before eating anything?

Does Tinder work outside the USA?

You know user, I'm not sure what it is but let me tell you that weight is a crazy thing. It's constantly changing one day you have another kg extra, the other day you've lost a kilogram.

Yes

but im actually eating more, unless the lack of sleep made me lose weight

So what's this shit I hear about oats containing acid and you need to soak them in water to neutralize it?

they contain phytic acid but it's less than many other things you eat and that acid has health benefits too. probably shouldn't be of concern unless your doc has instructed you to eliminate it from your diet.

thanks for the answer

I got no health problems and don't eat like half a kilo of oats a day so I'll be fine

I probably fucked up my initial weight cause it was in the middle of the day but it's been first thing in the morning when I wake up.

what's your diet look like?

Small can (160g) of tuna everyday, yay or nay? Will I get mercury poisoning?

Eating at 3260 calories/day. Sometimes I'm under by a few hundreds though.

Height/Weight. I guarantee you're eating too much.

Is there any way to target fat loss in a specific area of the body? Im doing my first real cut and my lower abs are lagging way behind my upper abs/rest of my body.

>Is there any way to target fat loss in a specific area of the body?
no.

Yea that's what I'm starting to think. I'm 6'0, 151.

No. This is the biggest lie in the fitness industry.

Regular grip is always better than mix because the force on both shoulders is even and it works you're forearms. Therefore, the only time you should use mixedbis if you can't grip the bar with regular.

Your TDEE is 2064. You definitely do not need to eat at a 1200 calorie surplus.

Try 2600. You shouldn't be gaining more than 1 lb per week.

Welp. Back to the treadmill for me then

diet >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> exercise.

Damn. I'm on MFP and it's telling me to eat at 3260 calories which sounds right. Will anything bad happen like me getting fat (which I highly doubt with my lifestyle) or something?

Thanks senpai. Also, what foods are best for clean bulking? I am a skelly and find it hard to swallow 2500 calories per day so which foods are calorie-dense but contain healthy macros?

The two last workouts, I've been experiencing light pain in my right hip joint when doing squats. It pisses me off, because it makes me pussy out on putting on more weigh on the rack. It eased up a bit as I got warmed up. Now, I am chilling in bed, but I can feel it even more now. Is it because I haven't warmed up enough?

This.
When one fitness expert, forgot his name, was asked what he would do to burn fat if he could only excercise for 15 minutes each day, his answer was "Spend those 15 minutes chopping up veggies for the coming week".

Unless you have trouble gaining weight, my suggestion is to err on the safe side... Dont eat too much.

Myfitnesspal is inaccurate as fuck, don't listen to their recommendations.

>Will anything bad happen like me getting fat
Yes. You gained 4 pounds in 2 weeks. You maybe gain 1/2 pound of lean muscle per week. If you gain 2 pounds per week and 75% of it is fat, you're on a path for failure. Say you gain 25 pounds: You'd have 6 pounds of muscle and 18 of fat.

I'm bulking and just started lifting. Should I bother doing cardio? I feel like it will work against me at this point

Last week I definitely hurt my shoulder. It retained full mobility, but it was not comfortable in the slightest. This monday I did a very light OHP 5x5 of 65lb, it was great and easy. I could not bench even the bar, it was not comfortable at all.

Today I deadlifted 2pl8 very skeptically, but it went up very easy and I did not feel any sort of strain or pain. Only thing I feel is the top of my shoulder on the bone hurts, because im likely retarded (but it has hurt for 2-4 days).

pls help

Holy shit. Wtf do I do then? If MFP is supposedly inaccurate, how the fuck do I count my calories?

rest. Don't fuck with injuries.

MFP's RECOMMENDATIONS are inaccurate is what I'm saying. Most of their entries are fine, though you should always double check them.

Due to being a poorfag, I only lift with dumbbells at home. I do db squats but find my grip lacking (am using 30kg of weight per db)
would static holds be a good idea in general, alongside lunges to help my squat?

Alright but I have fast as fuck metabolism. If I don't eat as much, I will either maintain or even lose weight. Does that matter?

Plus, what's a good full-body program? I'm thinking bout switching from body split.

Do I take the plunge with meme flavours of whey? MP have a birthday cake flavour just out but no samples yet. Would it be best to just stick to say salted caramel?

Cut snack ideas?

I'm doing fine 6 days a week, but on sundays I keep on wandering to the fridge since i'm actually home. Goes over my cal limit every time.

I wanna get stronger (Doing PHUL atm) but damn I've been bulking for almost a year (started skinnyfat) and I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanna cut juuuust a little bit. I don't wanna cut a lot tho, I'm around 27% maybe and I wanna go down to 25%, just to lose a little bit of my stomach.
I do enjoy bulking, not for the food but for the strenght. What do Veeky Forums? I look pretty good with clothes and I love how I look when I'm at the gym, but it feels weird when I look at the mirror (Mostly bloating desu, in the morning I look ok)

carrots,celery, w/e with hummus, tuna wrap with lettuce instead of bread, cottage cheese

today i tried to do some cardio but this fucking headache couldn't stop pounding as i tried to go more intense on the treadmill. anywho. is it alright to run the workout declined on the treadmill?

6ft1in 255 lbs, fatty living a healthier lifestyle including diet and exercise (lots of lifting with 1 or 2 heavy cardio days a week)

Currently I'm taking 25 mg of zinc, 400mg magnesium and 2 fish oil pills a day (2.4 g of omega 3(honestly I forget if it's in mg or g))

Anyway, is that too much zinc? Am I missing anything? I'm looking to slowly lose the weight to avoid excessive skin as well as build muscle. End goal is bear mode around 200-210 lbs.

breathin x failure

been doing that for a while, what are you trying to say?

just fucking around m8, what i'd always do since its pretty warm for us califags is i'd always have a 1gal bottle of water in my hand and drink the hunder pangs away

If I eat half a kilo of sauerkraut will I die?

Hey Veeky Forums, any opinions on showers/hottub/steamroom after a workout? I usually down a protein shake right after my workout and shower, but sometimes I like to do one of the others. Does too much heat fuck up the protein synthesis or whatever, or is it fine?

why don't you try it out and tell us later? please senpai

Then cut? What the fuck are you trying to ask? Do whatever the fuck you want.

It's fine. Just don't get a heart attack in a sauna.

If it's really worth cutting if I wanna get stronger.

> but I have fast as fuck metabolism
no you don't you fucking dense shit. You have, give or take, 100 calories on your TDEE. YOu don't magically need 500 more calories than is required for bulking.

>Plus, what's a good full-body program?
STARTING STRENGTH, READ THE FUCKING STICKY

If I did, I might get to see zyzz. But right, thanks.
Your call man, your life, depending on what you value most. You could maintain for some period of time and burn off a bit of fat if you kept with the program as well, but that'd be slow and frankly fuck maintenance. I'd cut if I was you, but I like being aesthetic/low bf so that's my bias.

depends. Some flavors are good, some suck. Stay away from fruit flavors imo.

I eat shitloads of the stuff in bigos and I'm still alive.

Not sure what's gonna happen if you just eat all that raw. You should check

StrongLifts, so bench mon fri one week, wed the next - 1.5x / week.

Bump for knowledge pls

No, the bacteria will likely have no effect on your intestinal flora and if they do it'll be a positive one. The acidity isn't any worse than a lot of other foods you eat and not as strong as what happens in your stomach anyway. You'll get more nutrients from fermented food than raw or cooked so eat away. Just... brush your teeth afterward.

You can, but you should eat more when you do. Cardio is good for you after all.

brown rice is a good source of calories senpai

on a bulk, yes. On a cut? Fuck no.

>half a kilo of sauerkraut

it will be extremely painful

Why dont you people bulking use "mass gainers" from supp shops? Very easy way to get in an extra 800 calories with lots of prots nd carbs. Is it just a money issue, or am i missing something

How to fuck did old time lifters get so big and strong? They didn't have steroids, and they had no idea how to efficiently lift weights and exercise, so how the hell did they get so incredibly strong? Pic related, this dude is my hero, despite the fact that I have access to immensely more know lage and equipment then he did, I'll still never be as strong as this guy. How the fuck did they do it?

Is creatine worth taking if your main goal is bodybuilding?

How much should you take a day?

What are some good brands?

How many scoops

Back then, natural test levels were much, much higher.

My bodyfat is pretty much like pic related, less quads and more boobs, but I look pretty much that soft, it's just that layer of fat in the stomach that makes me feel uncomfortable sometimes.

Before anyone asks girl is @helena.strong

I'm looking to join the home gym master race, got some questions
>where should I buy?
new/used, dicks, academy, craigslist, ebay
>squat rack/bench
what should I look out for? are all created equal?

5g a day
get anything thats monohydrate

You have access to more knowledge, yes. But you clearly don't have the mindset to get big. You made an excuse by the very act of posting what you did. You will never be big and you will never make it with your attitude. Lift until you puke. Eat big and grow. You're meekness is palpable.

Do you guys know any websites/blogs with some good recipes, preferably cut-focused only?

SS is a meme I hear. It leaves you in TRex mode which isn't full body. Try again.

It's your body to build as you see fit. If you want to go 27 to 25, then do it, and it shouldn't take too long. Worst case scenario is that some of your lifts flatline while you do it, but there's no reason for them to shrink. Or don't. We aren't here to tell you what mode you should gun for. That's on you.

Ate big and lifted heavy things

I am 220lbs down from 300 in a couple months, is it safe to go running? And how long am I expected to be able to run? I don't want to fuck up my joints.
>Lift weights fatty
Tfw no money for gym

Yeah, you're right. I'll keep the slow bulk until I reach 60kg (Initial weight last year was 52kg), sitting at 58 atm. Winter is coming here anyways.
Thanks user

Beer belly manlet here. Started working out last week, been lifting at the gym and at home everyday since. How long until I see results? One month, two? I take powdered protein and vitamin supplements as well.