Training to be a vigilante thread

training to be a vigilante thread

post plans, routines, ideas, even experiences.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3bRp2-ihx10
comicastle.org/manga-irredeemable-2009.html
youtube.com/watch?v=C3fBkNIROg4
amazon.com/dp/B019EU22UC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_MKXrxb59CZHA2
youtu.be/WaNsVEGbc5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk
nydailynews.com/news/national/vigilante-ninja-arrested-pennsylvania-article-1.1429621
thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4696393/man-dresses-as-ninja-to-fight-crime-but-ends-up-getting-arrested.html
10tv.com/content/stories/2008/08/22/ninja.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bumping out of curiosity

it usually goes somewhere with some guy from spain, or another one from detroit talking about how they re beating up niggers and gypsies, but as far as i know they have yet to deliver photos

Me too

Does this include building things?

bumping with photo of batman pressing lmao1jap

1 Watch kick-ass X F
2 Eat Doritos
3 Wear that weird leather mask you found on the basement
4 ????
5 PRO/FIT/

it isn't even sunday

Don't forget that one Batmanfag

Did anyone screencap the guy who was planning on beating up armed criminals with only his fists and stealth as the "Menacing Marauder"?

>training to be a vigilante thread
Become a hero, then do a 180 and become a villain

Haven't been on Veeky Forums for like two years.

What happened to that guy in Eastern Europe who was vigilantebro and was beating the shit out of drug dealers in the woods?

What's this story about?

dunno about these guys but i'd like to hear more.

I don't have any of the screencaps for Eurobro but there was one guy who said fuck it and started posting here about how he was going to kick the shit out of a bunch of drug dealers in Eastern Europe and did so.

Then he crashed some deal indawoods and the shit turned sour and he had to crawl through underbrush avoiding 6 angry European drug dealers or some shit.

Then he posted again being scared as fuck for his life.

pretty fucking interesting, i was considering pulling shit like that myself when i was younger, but i started making it a little and i stopped entertaining the thought.

either that, or i legitimately got scared for my gains

youtu.be/3bRp2-ihx10

Check out the summary and give it a read if you're interested
Very simplistically it's a story with evil superman
>comicastle.org/manga-irredeemable-2009.html

My sides are gone

shoot yourslef with low caliber to build up your bullet tolerance

Make some armor out of titanium. Seriously, just get your hands on some titanium and make armor out of it. Shits expensive, but your life is worth it bitch. You don't wanna just go out there and get killed or put out of commission cause some monkey decided to shoot your dumb ass.

>tfw these newfriends weren't around for guardian threads

holy fuck. this is great

I'm curious about what grade titanium they used in this vid
youtube.com/watch?v=C3fBkNIROg4

care to go into detail

We need to keep this thread alive, it's an interesting concept. Let's talk routines tho, what's the best one for vigilantism? I'd imagine it would be orientated around strength, cardio, and some form of martial arts

Yes.

Get to work, OP.

this is fucking gold bro

>21 brownjack

MY FUCKING SIDES

You know as a kid when you see someone in movies pressing another grown individual you dont think

>wow that's amazing! He picked a guy over his head!

You were slightly impressed. Now that everyone here worksout to some extent and realizes the difficulty it is/was to get 1pl8 over your head you think of all those movies where a fucking beast of a man easily picked someone up and threw them.

i'd say training in striking martial arts like boxing, muay thai and old-school karate if you can find a good teacher, grappling, sambo or rastlin, and some weapon courses, fma and range training with fire arms.

also when it comes to conditioning i'd say training in heavy compounds and gymnastics movements is pretty important.

but there is much more, that's why i made thread to discuss things like SERE-type shit, tending to wounds, free running, tactical situations and so on.

that's hard but not impossible breh. a couple of years training like a powerlifter and anyone could theoretically do it

I'm saving this shit twice

No one said it was impossible you mouth breather. I said it's fucking impressive but we don't appreciate it as much until we actually try.

Just like you said it takes years of training as a powerlifter to do that. That's impressive you cuck.

>WHO IS THE CATFISHMAN?

11/10

You know what's strange?

It took me longer to go from 110lbs to 135lbs
than it did
To go from 135lbs to 170lbs

probably because of the traps every noob falls into, like a bad diet, not getting enough rest, shitty routines and poor form

I already did well at each of those. The thing was, I just didn't have any delts.

I've been in various sports for a while and knew decent nutrition from the beginning.

I made small improvements to nutrition-but I think what made the difference was training both higher and lower rep ranges instead of riding out at 5 reps.

I did both 10 reps and heavy singles in the same week and got to over a bodyweight press.

>cool thread about vigilantes
>2 of dyelzbulb's children shit it up

well make it great again faggot, contribute to it

I was going to post advice, but got interested by a reply.

>Heavy tactical gloves
amazon.com/dp/B019EU22UC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_MKXrxb59CZHA2
>Useful for striking

>Steel toe boots
Easy for kicking

These are my top two recommendations.
Next, we go to general gear.

>Batons/asps
are nice if your state laws allow-or if you don't plan on getting caught. Have a disposal plan prepared for the asp-especially if you are likely to get caught trespassing

>Bolt cutters and a crow-bar
$40 max for both. You can literally get into anywhere that doesn't have a pricey lock or actual guards

>Headlamp
Good, but best not to use one that isn't red or green. Best not to use at all unless it's set to strobe for disorientation.

>motorcycle armor
Good if you plan on getting hit.

Important skills for training

>Rock climbing
>Bouldering
>Buildering
Get good at climbing. Always helps. Metolious grips for finger/tendon strength is the best route. Hang them on any PULLUP bar.

>Muscle ups
Common motion for topping buildings (except you can use your legs)

>Long jump and vertical jump training
Obvious benefit for easy maneuvering

>Jump landing balance
Practice jumping far and landing in precise spots. It's useful for landing in areas that aren't perfect

>Practice running on rough terrain like in the woods
Helps the mind process small obstacles such as roots or rocks.

>Olympic ring training. Chins, pull ups, and dips
Obvious pull and push strength

>Grappling

>Wrestling

>Striking
Get a heavy bag to hit. Even if you aren't getting coached, there are tons of online tutorials

>Flexibility
Specifically legs to get better kicks

>Dodging
Set up a ball on a string hanging from a ceiling. Practice dodging it. Great drill if you don't have a partner

>Heavy bag throwing
Good for grappling training without a partner. Pick the heavy bag up. Practice heaving, throwing, etc.

>Pole/staff training
Using a gun isn't ideal unless you are within your legal rights. There will always be a broomstick or something lying around.

I had nothing to do for 1 year when i was 18-19, and i spent a lot of time just trolling around my town at night, eventually i decided to fuck up some criminals

My routine for doing this:

MMA 3x week (most suited martial art imo because it filtered out all the bullshit thats infested other martial arts through trial and error)

Krav Maga 2x a week (basically adding eye gouges, small joint manipulation and lowblows to my skillbox)

Parkour 3x a week (mostly running, climbing up walls fast and jumping down stuff without hurting myself)

Lifting after MMA and krav maga

I also always had to brass knuckles on me readily available

after doing this routine for 6 months i felt prepared and hit the streets

dunno what drove me into this really, my life was shit at the time and it felt justified to beat up criminals. Had to run a couple of times. Never had anything serious happen to me.

>that day 4 ending

goddammit, I didn't see that one coming

jesus fucking christ, not even joking, this could actually be made into a movie

Thanks for advice mayne

>endless people in the world
>you'd think at least a few autists would wear a costume, fight crime successfully and make the news

where IS everybody?

About 2-3 years ago, there was a tripfag called Guardian that posted updates on his vigilantism maybe once a week. He wasn't going out every single night and stopping petty crime shit. He would post about him getting some informants on some organized crime groups, and how he would try to fuck up their meetings if some deals were going down. Nobody knew if he was serious or not, but he had detailed some of his methods and equipment enough that it seemed plausible. I don't know how long he did this for, but it was common enough that I'd see his threads pretty regularly.

He eventually quit because he said he wound up knocking some girl up, and wanted to be in the kid's life

>you'd think at least a few autists would wear a costume, fight crime successfully and make the news
They do, but only the supremely autistic,and it depends on your definition of successful here
youtu.be/WaNsVEGbc5Y

It's bretty good mate

we should all start this in our cities, after all catfishman can't be killed or arrested for he's an idea, a symbol.

THIS, any ideas on how to do it in tinder without giving them my real number tho?

i don't know man, sound like someone had a lot of fun b8ing Veeky Forums, but i guess it's possible

That's part of the cool thing about it. Probably half of the posts in the threads were incredulous responses to him because it was just as feasible that they were bullshitting everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if it was all some dude getting off on typing out some power fantasy. But I still like to think that there was something to what they were sharing

This is kinda mean though. I just hope it's fake.

>"you walk downstairs, you have breakfast, you say hello to your girlfriend..."
>"so you have a girlfriend?"
>"well i was just metaphorically speaking"
Unsurprising kek

Parkour and a grappling art would be great. Hard to punch your way out of a rear naked choke, and hard to catch someone capable of running up walls.

If you have the time to learn a striking art too, then muay thai with its elbows and low kicks would be pretty fucking great. Of course, the minute someone pulls out a knife or a gun, you want to be leaping fences pretty fucking quickly, so train your 400m sprint too.

>Pressure points

Yeah, that's not going to work.

it would seem that the only ones making the news are out of shape turbo autists who don't do shit and are just role-playing

if i were to go out and beat the shit out of petty criminals i'd build my own gear. it's not that hard to come up with basic prototypes for some gadgets, building them might be harder but assembling a basic workshop shouldn't be too hard for your average man

Plan: become vengeance, become the night, same my city

Who are you callin' a turbo autist, criminal scum?

Depends on what gear.

Staffs and what-not?

Maybe.

Small add-ons or armor, I can definitely understand.

Other materials are just cheaper

yeah shit like that. modding weapons and adding plates made out of stronger materials on the costume/armor

Bringing a disposable staff is goat.

sink all the refugee boats in the Mediterranean this summer

>squats 5x10 @ 525lbs
Jesus fuck. I Wonder whats Batmans raw 1 rep max is.

Or just have one yourself.

Getting a gun with rubber bullets will not be frowned upon by society and it can just as easily be intimidating and it can disengage someone pretty quickly.

Also some self defense stuff.

Get an app on your phone thatll give you a new number to recieve and make calls with. Give the tinder sloot that number

do useful rubber bullets guns even exist ?

I think I'm going to do this. Catfishman can be the new Anonymous.

I wanna be a real pirate. Can I just go to Somalia and join up?

no you'd probably get raped and ransomed, or sent into the slave market

It's dependent on the gun. A hand cannon can break bones which could obviously disarm someone and might make them go into shock. However center mass shots become that much riskier as you could cause long term damage and potentially death in some cases. But most handguns with rubbers will likely just serve to piss someone off more at the worst, and scare them off at best.

i was wondering if a bow and arrow could work on the streets. either by using blunt head arrows or by aiming them at the limbs in order to not kill the guy you're aiming for.

this guy looks pretty fucking impressive with a bow and arrow youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk

>who is the catfishman poster

Haha holy shit.

It would only work in specific situations, so it's not entirely useful in higher stress situations.

Basically you'd be able to get in 2 shots at most if you have the element of surprise. You wouldn't be aiming for the limbs because the target is far too small to hit reliably in quick situations and will also very likely be moving. Notice how the dude in that video is hitting center mass with his quick shots. That's going to be your best chance of hitting things, but again, depending on the material of the arrows and the poundage of the bow itself, you either run the risk of causing serious long term damage or you'll just piss off your target.

Not to mention the quick shot of an arrow is still several times longer than the action of just pulling a trigger

of course it could only be used in specific situations, but i was thinking about the effectiveness of a bow in those specific situations as an alternative to fire arms, or weapons that aren't effective.

it is implied that anyone going out with a bow hoping to survive chimp out is supposed to git gud

Also, puncturing limb shots would also be potentially fatal unless you provide immediate first aid considering the potential for arterial severing

It would be useful for those specific situations, however those situations would be too uncommon to justify carrying that shit around

Man, that was a trip, almost batemanlike

i guess so. it would be anymore useful than a sniper rifle. good against standing targets when you're at a relative long distance away from them. it does however have many cons.

>ever seen hunger games
Holy fuckin shit

get a good lightweight shield and you're golden. also irl roided captain america when ?

> kata
> pressure points
> 1 hour sparring a week
This is written by someone who has literally never done martial arts

It's also written by someone who knows fuck all about lifting
>mfw 10x5 squats at more than 5pl8

Some people have actually tried to seriously do this with a predicated outcome for them:

nydailynews.com/news/national/vigilante-ninja-arrested-pennsylvania-article-1.1429621

thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4696393/man-dresses-as-ninja-to-fight-crime-but-ends-up-getting-arrested.html

Wait, that's not the end of it.

10tv.com/content/stories/2008/08/22/ninja.html

>Baker was ordered to carry out 60 hours of unpaid work after being prosecuted for carrying an offensive weapon in a public place
>He fashioned a Samurai sword out of wood
Fucking Welsh...

doubt anyones posted this yet. hopefully youre the same user from /co/ OP, i was enjoying that thread

You're off by several hours, m9

True, but in fairness to the routine, Batman is supposed to be a "peak human" as in the greatest physical specimen of man that can exist without being considered superhuman. As far as his writers are concerned, that includes casually benching 1000lbs and squatting 6pl8 for reps. Whether that's right or wrong is irrelevant.

Hey, Bokkens fucking hurt.

Yes, but he didn't make a bokken.

It's my goal to become Captain America desu. It's one of the reasons I got into lifting and I'll be pouring time into martial arts training. I also always knew I'd go into the military, but I've resolved to stay in until I become a Captain and then piss off before they can demote me.

This guy must be the biggest fucking loser on earth if you met him. What a broken sad person. Its probably fake too which means this is like a written out fantasy which is even more pathetic.

Just because you cant.

I didn't say it was impossible. I'm saying it's a retarded protocol that would cause more harm than good