/plg/ Powerlifting General

>H-Hey wanna go to the dance with me edition
Powerliftinggeneral.com

Other urls found in this thread:

strengtheory.com/high-frequency-training-for-a-bigger-total-research-on-highly-trained-norwegian-powerlifters/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

holy shit
how old is this pic

lol

that's a p rare bodorio

Trappy:

Why is it that most people can bench more than they can barbell row, but dumbbell press less than they can one arm dumbbell row?

-a confused Veeky Forumsizen

I barbell row more than I bench

am I mutant?

Me too

hey /plg/ i am a newb powerliftie guy and I want your opinion on my DUP scheme for lifting 3 days a week. I'm an intermediate and can still progress weekly..

Monday
4x6 @ 70% 1RM

Wednesday
4x4 @ 80% 1RM

Friday (Bench ) or Saturday (Squats)
3x3 1xAMAP @ 85% 1RM

>work under 80%

>I barbell row

G nucks has

3x8 @ 70
3x6 @ 75
3x4 @ 80

That can't seriously be better for pl than what I posted, is it? And his "intermediate" scheme has a new 1RM set every 4 weeks, which is way too slow for me senpai.

Weeeew lads just caught a nasty case of the feels driving past a rec soccer game because tfw no athletic gf, think I can drink it away?

>I'm not saying that they're natty
Sure, they have the same stats as Arnold Schwarzenegger and did it natty, that's what is going on, natural bodybuilders in 2016 are just bigger than roiders from the 70's and 80's

dreamer is a fucking moron theres a reason why i ran him out of here and he stayed gone

What's wrong with barbell row?

Switching from high bar to low bar. How long does it take to get used to it? My wrists hurt like hell btw.

go back to highbar right fucking now or I will hunt you down and systematically eradicate you and your family

Driving away the feels on the parkway with windows down and music blasting helps, but as soon as I get home I feel down again

Use wrist wraps

Is that you Blaha?

The one on the right is the best looking, the one on the left is the strongest

I can barbell row considerably more than I bench, always have, same goes for dumbells.

Learn rippe grip

Seconded, also stretch more or widen your grip on the bar.

tbhwy I just don't personally like them. Higher cost:benefit ratio than other lifts imo.

>two adult males, regardless of sexual preference, decided to take this photo

band shoulder dislocates before every squat session, don't do rip meme grip or any other stupid shit these faggots say

they are super natural bodybuilders!

Like Yates rows or pendlay?

that looks like a kroc row to me

>ywn be a little girl

wut?

just so you know it was I, Sean, that rekt you with that post

oh dont worry I know youre the expert with kroc rows

I get what you are implying, but it makes no sense desu

>attention whoring this hard

Yeaaahh I'm in the boat with you

So anyway what happened? Where did you go?

he didnt go anywhere, he went into his alterego as, dreamerelda

XD

>reminding me of Hakim
MONSTER ;-;

>Swedish
Nice mistype. A proud finish man such as himself should be outraged.

had a lot of stuff going on + injuries + uncomfy /plg/

just stopped coming here

pretty good workout today. I would have added a video of my top sets, but I fear for the safety of chadorio's sides, so I won't.

took me like 3 weeks to learn and get comfy with

how to reduce wrist pain:
>wrist wraps
>wrist wraps
>wrist wraps
>learn rippe grippe

Random, but anybody have the comic of the depressing cycle of life where all you do is wake up, eat, go to work, eat, workout, shower, eat repeat?

Feeling that pretty hard lately

Pls no Alex don't do that

Please share

B-but it was only bantz

>Like, Alex could do that.
tfw you are the benchmark for shitty deadlifts

I actually didn't record anything today. I fear that I'm recording too much and revealing too much about the super secret experimental program.

How strong do I have to be to trip? I got a 545kg total. A-am I good enough?

got fired from my job for "showing no enthusiasm or caring about anything"

Do they not realize I have autism REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

what was the job?

Why are you asking someone who doesn't lift for lifting advice?

665 minimum

Fair enough, I'll continue lurking

Whoever made this, ironic or not, needs to be shot.

>full fucking IP address as captcha image

>film videos of my squat finally looking good
>too fat to post them
in a few months ill post some good looking squats senpaitachi

Lads,

U fat

the skin there is thicker and thereby more sun resistant

U fkn mirin m8?

Srs? That makes sense

>providing photographic evidence of the fact that you've been using the wrong bar

Sup spotobro

Hnnng

>Srs?
yeah, not sure about you, but my skin even has a slightly different texture where the bar sits

Dreamer is the only gay guy in my heart

Sorry friend

Honestly I'm not sure I can even touch that skin

Nothing much. Just slingin' and occasionally majiggin'.

>that solid core

N-nice

Depends on which lift you train with frequency.

But considering an equal scenario, the DB Press is not gonna be higher than the DB row because the muscles involved are much smaller, so they aren't able to produce as much strength. Moment arms are also a factor, but that difference can only go so far in the human body. So for the most part, size is what matter the most when comparing one muscle to the other.

The Barbell Bench is theoretically weaker than the Barbell Row. However, there are many ways in which you can improve the bench and reduce the range of motion while still being a legal lift.

For the barbell row, unless you start using your hamstrings and glutes to help lift the bar, there are no such "shortcuts". The barbell row also starts from a dead stop, so there's no stretch reflex, unlike the bench.

However, if you don't use leg drive, bench flat back, start with the bar set on pins on your chest (no stretch reflex), and use a vertical forearm grip - I reckon the barbell row would easily win. If both lifts were trained to the same extent, of course.

>Dreamer is the only gay guy in my heart
charmed desu
>Honestly I'm not sure I can even touch that skin
I'm not sure if I have good flexibility, or your's bad

Light day 2 today

Squats 2x5 @ 95lg
Bench 3x5 @ 65kg
OHP 3x5 @ 42.5kg
Bad Mornings 3x5 @ 30kg *PR
NG Chin Ups 2x10 (need to add weight next time) *PR
Leg Press 3x8 @ 74kg *PR
Tricep pushdowns 3x8 @32kg *PR

going to track accessories to make sure they are going up over time, good mornings felt better today, helped to do them in front of a mirror unlike last time. looking forward to Saturday PR attempts on squat (117.5kg for 5) OHP (53kg for 5) and sumo deadlift (145kg for 5) Might even try 125 or 130kg for conventional deadies as well

Light day 2 today

Squats 2x5 @ 95lg
Bench 3x5 @ 65kg
OHP 3x5 @ 42.5kg
Bad Mornings 3x5 @ 30kg *PR
NG Chin Ups 2x10 (need to add weight next time) *PR
Leg Press 3x8 @ 74kg *PR
Tricep pushdowns 3x8 @32kg *PR

going to track accessories to make sure they are going up over time, good mornings felt better today, helped to do them in front of a mirror unlike last time. looking forward to Saturday PR attempts on squat (117.5kg for 5) OHP (53kg for 5) and sumo deadlift (145kg for 5) Might even try 125 or 130kg for conventional deadies as well

also food

250g smokey bbq marinated turkey turkey
250g veggies in a soy, chilli and garlic sauce
2 pork buns for carbs

>Ywn get a boyfriend as attractive as boardie
Feels bad man

>Light day 2
How many light days do you need? Holy shit eat some meat and push some weight.

Dude. Holy fuck. Hepburn + food. Stop posting, stop tripping, start lifting and eating.

Stop. Dreamer is gay but we had to find that out. You're just an attention seeker.

Monday Tuesday are heavy days (90% 5rm), Wednesday Thursday are light days (80% 5rm), Saturday i try and set new PRs

File photograph of boardie

Why do you think this is a good program? Why do you think you're capable of designing your own, productive programming?

Why are you doing a 5 day instead of just the normal 3 day program?

I tried a week of split and a week of the 3day and I preferred the 3day much more, desu

I'm open about what I think and feel. It bites me in the ass a lot but I don't believe in beating around the bush. Not gonna try to convince you otherwise, believe what you want.

it's just a Texas method over 5 days instead of 3

I'm finding it a lot easier, even with the slight volume increase

Doesn't sound even a little bit like Texas method then. Nobody has done this, nobody has written about this. Various three and four day TMs are out there that follow the stress-recovery-adaptation model, and while I think I see what you're trying to do with increasing frequency, you're not headed the right direction.

strengtheory.com/high-frequency-training-for-a-bigger-total-research-on-highly-trained-norwegian-powerlifters/

it seems to be going ok, we'll see in a month if i make any gains

I kinda wanna bully him but i can't see anything really wrong with this.

Like I said, I saw what you were trying to do. What makes you think you need to train the same way as Stian Walgermo?

You could say that there is ""Norway" he'll make gains with that routine

Fuck, i was looking for a reaction image for this
And i found a pic of me before i started lifting
mfw

A current picture, then?

I don't know, I thought I would like it better since the only thing I really find enjoyable now is liftan'

It wasn't even the volume that I didn't like, it just felt like alot of the days I went in I didn't give it 100% because I was only doing 1 or 2 compounds and then accessories, and I hate doing accessories.

I'm to insecure and socially awkward to lift, wat do?

homegym

stop being a bitch

Wait a second are you unironically running the same program?

Just try it out and see if it works. Report back with your results. It's probably fine. I would do the 1xAMAP before the 3x3 and if you get 6 reps or more, move up your max 5 lbs.

No I tried a 4 day TM split that I read of in PP. I like the normal 3 day program much better

ok, but i just ate almost a kilo of food. i bulked...

1. Do I have a powerlifter's body?
2. Guess my stats (weight is 150, 5'9)