QDDTOT

I will not have access to a gym for three weeks due to traveling. What level of losses should I expect?

I didn't lift for 3 weeks a while back, and it set me back 4 weeks worth of progress --As in take where you are at now and subtract the last 4 weeks of progress you've made. But thats just me

i was unconscious in the hospital for 3 weeks after an accident and got skinny sorry OP D: but then again i had only been lifting for like 3 months so i wasn't very far along

for real tho can you hit up a gym while you travel?

just do a bodyweight routine a couple times a week to mantain muscle mass

The joints in my groin are in pain during my leg day. After i was doing squats yesterday the pain began. Am i doing something wrong is it totally normal for my joints to adjust to the weight?

You don't describe it too well, but it sounds like some kind of hip impingement, meaning that you're smashing something between your leg and hip when you're in the bottom of the squat. Usually this happens because you don't position your pelvic properly when you squat. Your pelvic musn't be anteriorly rotated. Make sure to keep a posterior tilt in it throughout the movement.
Might take some getting used to. As a bonus your low back will also be more neutral rather than hyperextended, which it probably is now.

Not that much a loss if you are generally active anyway.. maybe a few kilos lost on your excersises and the doms when you get back are gonna be insane!

Sorry, i meant to say the ligament. After i went home after the workour i tried streching and the ligament was very visible. It kind of hurt to walk but i just figured it was because i didn't stretch or something before

There are many ligaments around the hip. None of them are visible. I don't think you're qualified to diagnose yourself.

Are peanuts a good bulking food?

There's a reason peanutbutter is so popular.

High calories and healthy fats. Sounds good to me.

22 year old kissless virgin here. finally made it and got the first date of my life for tomorrow afternoon in a cafe

how do I not fuck everything up?

>dat chick
>dem tits
>dem nips
>enough to make me ignore her hobbit feet

get out of your head. Remove any agenda you might have (ie, trying to get laid). You're there to get to know her to for her to get to know you. BUT, you want her to get to know the best you. Don't tell her about your stupid hobbies that dry up vaginas. You also want her to have fun, so you'll have to be witty and know how to flirt with her. Also, don't be overly nice. You would think that girls would want someone who waits hand and foot on them and always says something nice, but they don't. They want a guy who is independent and has the confidence to speak his mind. You don't have to agree with everything she says, but if you do disagree, don't be a jerk about it.

What exactly do you feel will hold you back?

I guess my advice would be to not try too hard, express an interest in what they're saying, ask them questions they can talk about.
Most people seem to enjoy being the one doing the talking in a conversation so just ask her standard questions.
Talk/ask about her interests and stuff
Just my two cents, not everyone is the same so take advice with a pinch of salt.

how do I reduce my body fat without losing strength. Assuming I'm going to do a 500 calorie deficit and I'm currently doing an SS style workout. What do I have to change?

As long as you're within the 500cal deficit you should retain strength, if you're still near the novice stage you might even still see some strength increase.

from some recent article

>don't dress too formal, but don't dress too casual either
>don't use your cellphone unless you're showing her something, but even then, best to keep your phone quiet and in your pocket the whole time
>don't not talk, she would probably have you talk too much than too little

posted this in routine thread but got nil reply
am 6ft 78kg
dead 130kg 1x5
squat 90kg 5x5
bench 75kg 5x5
press 45kg 5x5
am still progressing very slowly after a year now so should I stick with pic related or is there any reason to change it up
I want weight and size but strength is always a bonus

>What exactly do you feel will hold you back?

I don't know man. I've always been 'that introverted weird guy'. Autismo might take hold.

I met my wife on okc and proceeded to absolutely not care about how that particular date went - which somehow made it turn into the best first date I'd ever had.

You got this.

Just ask questions about herself. What do you do, what are you studying, where's your hometown, what was it like growing up there, oh how long did you play volleyball, etc. She will be comfortable talking about herself so long as you seem interested. Careful not to step over into creeper territory by asking where she lives or what her schedule is.

If you have a funny story about a lighthearted topic she mentions that does not involve your WoW guild or memes, you can share it when she reaches a stopping point. If she likes you she will laugh, even a forced one.

Appear to be the more experienced one there even if you never go there. Only talk about yourself if it's in order to get her talking about herself again. Don't make it a job interview though. Pay attention to your body language. Make eye-contact, have good posture, and smile. Let her pay her share if she offers.

I stopped for 1 month and it set me back 1.5 months. Visible muscle loss and my strength was poop. Took me 1.5 months to get back to where I was

Last friday I had a minor injury deadlifting. I want to go back to the gym tomorrow and train the rest of my body (shoulders, arms, chest) while it completely heals. I'm pain free now and I can move normally. What temporary routine can I use? Obviously squat/deadlift free.

I've been having a knee issue so no leg stuff, basically been doing SS subbing in standard exercises.

A
Bench
Weighted Dips
Incline bench
Shrugs
Lying tricep extension

B
Press
Cable row
Chinups
Lateral dumbbell raise
Preacher curls

Have to do some rehab exercises after and obviously not ideal long term routine but short term seeing good upper body gains.

>questions don't deserve their own thread
Way to fuck up OP.

Anyway even though questions don't deserve a thread, I'm cutting to lose weight right now, currently 208 down about 7 lbs in the last two weeks. When I'm at my goal weight I plan to start lifting harder and eating more. My question is, when I'm eating at a surplus, how do I keep from gaining fat and make sure I'm gaining muscle? I want to be bigger in muscle size and strength, don't want to start being a fatty again. Does the body just regulate that itself in that regard? I'm just confused how the food I eat transfers to bigger muscles instead of Fat deposits since im already seemingly predisposed to carrying fat instead of muscle. I eat pretty healthy though eating at a surplus may be hard since I get full easily.

Once you hit that weight and go back to eating your newly calculated TDEE, just weigh yourself daily and look for trends, then adjust your diet accordingly.

It'll work fine unless you're being super obsessive about body fat %.

Tried chest flyes for the first time in ages yesterday. I'm feeling it in my elbows more than my chest. What's going on?

Abiut how many mg dietary cholesterol should I aim for a day for test and strength?

I can find dozens of websites talking about how higher cholesterol diets are good for this, but none of them give an amount. I remember seeing something like 800mg as getting results in a study, but that seems high for my size/diet and I don't want a heart attack (5'9", slow bulking ~2800cal rest, 160+lb). I do like 70 minutes of HIIT weekly on top of a lot of lifting but I'm not sure that's enough to burn away the gunk, assuming that's how it works.

I am young and white though, so that's a win for cardiovascular health.

dietary cholesterol has little to no effect on the cholesterol your body creates.

That's good news, but do I really need 800 or would, say, 4-500 offer the same benefits?

Don't lose any more than 0.7% body weight a week, otherwise you risk losing lean mass

cholesterol wouldn't be something I would focus on. Why are you?

Has anyone had treatment for varicose veins? I think my leg may explode soon, it looks hideous. Whats the treatment like?

how do I control my test levels? I literally want to fuck everything with a thick ass after I started lifting heavy

How do I relieve the stiffness in my elbows? my arms can't straighten on their own and as a result my forearms are hanging above my waist naturally.

This has been going on for almost a week since my last biceps/back day.

Foam Roller?

What fucked up city are you traveling to that doesn't have any gyms?

not him, but if I were traveling, looking for local gyms would be pretty low on my priority list.

What exercises train muscles that help in arm wrestle? Push-ups? Pull-ups? Chin-ups?

Foam Roll then stretch every night

There is a good chance you have fucked your tendons however

I would go to a doctor

1. Technique
2. Forearms

What's your favorite gym and how expensive Is a membership?

my garage and whatever the cost of equipment is, was and will be.

As a severe manlet, how do I not look like a fucking kid when I hang out with my similarly manlet-sized friends? I find that wearing athletic brands and having a stubble helps a bit, but I can't help but feel that we're grade schoolers trying to play pretend. Is it over? Should we just join a suicide cult?

the worst thing a manlet can do is try to hide the fact that he's a manlet. The reason is that no only are you not fooling anyone, you're pretty much yelling you're an insecure faggot who cares about his height.

That being said, dress like a man with clothes that fit your body. Youtube that alpha m. guy. He's pretty cringy but I'm pretty sure he's a manlet so he can teach you better than anyone on here.

I haven't been to gym since June/July 2015. Am I fucked?

Where can I find good home work outs I can do, the gyms in my area are shit and a better one closer by is over priced. I want to make them gains brah, I wanna make it.

Also no, the sticky didn't help with non gym/weight stuff.

>Also no, the sticky didn't help with non gym/weight stuff.
how didn't it?

and you can't say a gym is shit when you alternative is your home with no equipment.

You're fucked but not because you haven't gone to a gym in a year, you're fucked because you're a retard. The sticky has everythign you need.

1. find some even more manlet-y friends to hang with, making you the tallest manlet.
2. use your cool manlet powers of stubby arms and light weight to do all of the pullups and pushups.
3. take off your silly clothes and be yourself

How to GG at chinups? I got a chin up bar and can barely do 3 (with actually clearing my chin above the bar). Also are "hammer fisted" ones useful as well (palms pointing in towards each other)?

Everything on the sticky is GYM, EXERCISE, CARDIO. Which I can't do at home.

Local Gym is shit because, they have missing weights, not enough machines and usually they're always taken up. The other is a £50 joining fee which I am no way paying for that at all, more so I'd have to continuously pay to travel to that one.

I'm 5'10 180lbs, daily calorie expense has been calculated as being around 2,240. If I want to gain muscle while doing SS what should my daily intake be, roughly?

do you have weights at home? no? then how do you expect to lift? You can do body weight stuff, but you won't get anywhere really.

The sticky tells you everything you need to do, there is no work around to it. So if you want to workout at home and not pay gym fees, you have to buy that equipment so you can work out at home.

Fuck off mate, just go running, buy a pullup bar or find a park.
Stop trying to find fucking excuses.

I already had a major cut last year, lost about a third of the weight I once had. One of the things I want most right now is to get abs, it's simply one of those things I've always wanted. Problem is, I still have some fat/loose skin over my stomach area which is making it hard for my abs to pop out at all.

If I wanted abs sooner, should I just try to lose some more weight? Or would it be healthier for me to try and eat proper macros and go about the "gain muscles, lose fat" route?

DIET* not Exercise.

Nope. No home weights neither is there space for em.

Well I plan to do park exercises soon. It seems my only way is to go to the shitty gym to make real gains.

All my motivation and discipline died since then, it's actually depressing.

anything above 2240. How much is dependent on how comfortable you are getting fat or how slow you make gains.

Why don't you just buy some comfy shoes to run in and some dumbbells or kettlebells?

>"gain muscles, lose fat" route?
this doesn't really exist. Only two routes you can take: eat a lot less to lose a lot of weight (and muscle and strength) or eat a little less to lose weight slowly and hopefully no muscle and no strength loss

>It seems my only way is to go to the shitty gym to make real gains.
now you get it. No one ever got big and strong without lifting heavy things (and didn't juice)

Are any recommended on the sticky. I have big feet (UK 13) so I'm unsure if comfy running shoes come in my size.

Hey dude, it's hard at first but once you achieve a level of discipline it gets extremely easier.
IMO bodyweight is more fun than weights, even though it's suboptimal hypertrophy-wise. Pick a strength routine thou, like the one on r/bodyweightfitness, not some circuit training shit THAT will get you nowhere.

>Are any recommended on the sticky.
No, there are not shoe recommendations on the sticky. But read it anyway.

pretty sure there's shoes for you everywhere. Go to your local shoe store, one that specializes in running is better. Find shoes that fit, you're set.

> Trying to be a recovering fatty
> Eat nothing but some oats, some fat free yoghurt, salad for lunch (no oils or anything on it) and then a fairly healthy dinner
> Regularly under 1000-1200 cals
> Not even fucking about, don't have any sweets or chocolate at all completely gave them up
> 3 weeks of this and lifting 3-4 times a week
> Super hyped and jump on the scale hoping to see the rewards for my efforts
> Havent lost a single pound. Still 87kg

Absolutely gutted Veeky Forums, such a blow. I know it's only three weeks but I've been taking it super serioisly. Even gave up drinking and putting salt on my dinners. What are the chances it's becuase I'm putting on muscle? Just really gutted about not losing anything, was expecting at least water weight to cause a drop.

Thanks. Also yeah I'll read through it thoroughly
I'll check around then, thanks.

Best way to isolate glutes without doing those silly smith machine hip thrusts?

There are a lot of reasons. Set backs happen. It could just be water weight. Don't focus on single weigh ins, focus on your weight change over WEEKS AND MONTHS. 0% chance it's because you put on muscle and lost weight. This doesn't actually happen how most people think it happens.

Check your numbers again. Maybe you're logging something wrong. Be honest with yourself, maybe you ate more than you want to admit.

You're still eating a high carb diet, you're just starving yourself. Bad for gains.

Ditch the bunny food. Eat meat and fat.

Do the silly barbell hip thrusts on the ground.

Yeah, that diet is pretty bad. You should be eating a shitload of protein.

They're both equally silly though. fug.

HOW DO I EFFECTIVELY SHAVE MY ASS CRACK BROS

nair it. Get as close to the butthole as possible but don't get any on it.

After huge 2 week drinking binge I quit, started eating right(not much fiber before) and doing IF but every poop I've taken since quitting Monday has been forceful diarrhea and occurred just after I eat either salads or lits of fruit.
>Is my body not used to fiber?
>Not used to sobriety?
>Is it the IF
I just want my stomach to not hurt and to take a normal shit.

>5'9, 135 recovering skelly

Is my routine shit?

A: Chest/Triceps/Shoulders
>Bench Press
>Pec Fly
>Chest Press
>Shoulder Press
>Tricep Cable Pulldown
>Skullcrushers

B: Legs/Core
>Hanging leg raises
>plank
>Lunges
>Leg Press
>Squat
>Leg Curl
>Leg Extension
>Calf Press

C: Biceps/Back/Traps
>Barbell Curl
>Hammer Curl
>Reverse grip barbell curl
>Shrugs
>Lat Pulldown
>Seated Row
>Chin Up

Should I add OHP, Diddly, etc or is what I'm doing fine?

I go to planet fitness where the smith machine is my only option. What should I do for deadlifts? A multitude of replacement lifts?

be mindful of the maximum time limit you should have it applied. you dont want to get a chemical burn on your gooch like me

IF would only affect the frequency of your shits. And you completely changed your diet and you expect your stomach to just chug along like nothing happened?

yeah, looks pretty shit to me. Like someone who doesn't know what they're doing is just throwing shit at the wall hoping for a picasso to develop

go to a different gym

This. You won't likely make any gains but you'll at least maintain what you have if you work hard enough. There's no reason you should lose progress just because you don't have access to a gym.

Is it possible them microbiotic are pissed about all the beer they aren't getting anymore?

What should my routine look like in order to achieve this physique?

>Inb4 not natty

I really don't have that option

it should look like lifting a lot of heavy weights for a year or two and then spending time losing weight.

Yeah that's not how things work. No matter what routine you do you'll never look like that unless by total coincidence. That guy is him and you are you. You'll look how you'll look with more muscle mass and less fat, not how he looks.
"Goal bodies" are pointless for the same reason, although it's cool to have them as inspiration of course.

lol solid advice, thanks

you do.

How hard should I push for lifting gains while cutting?

>1/2/2.5/4
>No improvements on squat while cutting
>worried i'm going to snap my shit up if I push too hard.

Advice?

>How hard should I push for lifting gains while cutting?
you should push as hard as you can to maintain your lifts. You'd be lucky to make any gains. If you are making gains, you're not losing any significant amount of weight.

>bodyweight workouts
>solved

>If you are making gains, you're not losing any significant amount of weight

I've lost 18lbs in a month and a half. You're telling me I could be losing more?

what were you gains like? what are your stats? how long have you been lifting? how much do you weigh?

start a youtube channel like mike chang and sell your secrets.

Would 3000 cals across 5 meals be a good place to start? I really don't want to put on any fat but I don't want to lift for no gains either.

are deadlifts really that essential to a workout?

essential? no. But the deadlift is pretty great exercise that you get a lot of benefit from.

sure, but it doesn't matter how you spread it out. If you're that concerned about it, do 2750.

Or get a trimmer, one just for your body hair. Use no guard and make sure to baby powder yourself after or you will feel like Slippy Toad.

Don't use it on your face.

Sorry but what does QDDTOT mean?

Recovering fatty, been lifting four months, how do my 1 reps look?

>155 OHP
>210 bench
>305 squat
>370 deadlift

>What were your gains like?
Pretty consistent until I hit the 1/2/3/4 range

>what are your stats?
1/2/2.5/4 - 5RM

>When did you start lifting?
2009 when I was 17, took 4 years off during school, been back at it for 4 months now

>How much do you weigh?
Started at ~250lbs 6'3"
Currently at ~230lbs

I'm running 1000 kcal diet and lifting 6 days a week. No sugar, limited alcohol, healthy foods