Which is better and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
youtube.com/watch?v=BrGIh84HBzg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not this again....

Preference

Depends on your body

Depends on your goals, but generally speaking the ATG wins.

Literally this.

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw

the answer is clear

kek. the PL's legs were spread wider than those on a Babylonian whore

Front squat

Why squat? Why even train legs unless you are competing because they do absolutely nothing for aesthetics.

high and low bar engage muscles in different proportion. pick the one which better fits with the rest of your routine. Consider front bar as well.

3rd oly lifter looks like he's trying to unhinge his own knees by hammering his ass/quads into his calves. Not sure why he's included in the vid although he survived kek

That's normal for oly lifters, similarly to how squatting super wide with no knee travel is normal for geared powerlifters - they're both fairly stupid ideas unless you're under those exact conditions, but they make sense in context.

>oly squats

I do low bar on power days, then higher rep front squat on hypertrophy days in PHUL type routine. Best of both worlds mang

Highbar squats for building strength.
Lowbar squats for demonstration of strength.

>all powerlifters are fat westside shitters
fuck off literally no one takes equipped lifting seriously
youtube.com/watch?v=BrGIh84HBzg

Theyre both fine, fuck what people say. I have really long arms so low bar is impossible for me.

How much does the workweight vary for low bar vs high bar?

I always see the 3 pl8 mentioned here on Veeky Forums.
I assume that's low bar since that's the form adviced in the sticky?
What would like a similar weight for high bar squat then?

There is almost zero difference in the load if the same depth is hit on both high bar and low bar squats. As long as you are going below parallel you don't have to worry about which muscle each exercise hits

2.5 pl8

kekked hard at that pyrros dimas reaction 1:45

This guy looks awefully well-proportioned. Never expected him to be a powerlifter with a >2k total wow.