Join a normie gym, pick up a random routine one of their PTs recommends me

>join a normie gym, pick up a random routine one of their PTs recommends me
>do it for a year, can do 4x8 70kg bench press, 75kg with 4x6-7 if i ask for a spot
>most other guys bench between 70 and 90kg
>two PT's and half a dozen guys can do two plate or more
and people on Veeky Forums expect me to get to two plate in 1.5 years
either you're all lying about your stats or lying about nattiness

>lying about your stats
Welcome to Veeky Forums

>random routine
>from normie gym pt

Lol there's your problem

im benching 2 plate from around 6 months of consecutive lifting, and im not even on a fast-progressing program. jesus get your life together

>and people on Veeky Forums expect me to get to two plate in 1.5 years

That's because most people on Veeky Forums started as fatties

i wouldnt be surprised if someone talks about his half-assed one rep max like it's his normal weight but these people are actually putting effort into writing about grossly exaggerated stats
like everyone talks about 200kg deadlifts but i have only seen like two dozen guys even put three plates on the bar
and every thread you make about it there's more keyboard warriors around to talk shit
man i hate this community

I got 2 plate around 1.5 year mark, i didnt do some random ass routine though

>2pl8 in 1.5 years

nigga, you should be doing 2pl8 for reps in a years tops

>this thead
what a bunch of DYELs

Kek 70 kg bench in a year.

I started lifting two months ago (I'm a recovering fatty). On SL 5x5 and I already have a 44 kg bench. In two months. And I am nowhere near plateau, still adding weight every workout. I should hit 70 kg in 13 workouts if I keep progressing linearly, which comes out to around 2 months. Even if I hit a wall, no way it's gonna take me a year to reach 70 kg.

Your program sucks. That's the problem.

lol this guy

60kg bench my first day in the gym

>I don't follow a rigerous, strength-based, structured program and don't watch my diet, the thread

2 plate is achievable in less than 1.5 years if you bulk properly and don't fuck around with shit form.
Hell, I broke my collar bone 8 months ago, didn't lift for 3 months, and slowly built up to 2 plate again, I'm playing it safe and not pushing heavier than 2 plate for a while, because it inflames my shoulder.

>tfw started off at 22.5kg bench 1rm
>tfw its only 60kg 1 year later

:c

You guys need to read
It's not surprising that people with access to proper strength routines and detailed information on nutrition are able to lift heavier weights than the average blow-fuckaround-joe who does a routine his buddy suggested when he first started going.

I used to think I was king shit of my gym with a 1RM 3 plate deadlift that I got after a few months, then a dude came in and did 2 plate for 10, then 3 plate for 10, then 4 plate for 10.

>tfw now 195kg for 1
I'll catch up to you, mysterious hoodjumper deadlifter

>Coming up on the 1.5 year mark of lifting
>1rms are 185/270/450/515
>Started at 170lbs at 6'2
>208 now

Nah your program just sucks OP. I'm testing early next week and will probably hit 480/290/560 s/b/d.

I did 2 plate once my second time benching in january. Almost killed myself the first time I tried it. Now I'm up to 200 for 8 reps, but my form is good or better now and I kind of like benching.

All I did before hand was pushups and was doing elevated 1 armed pushups though so it's not the same as just walking into a gym fresh.

I'd also be higher but I dropped my weight to fix form and miss weeks at a time due to work.

I don't believe that for a second, an 83kg OHP after 1.5 years?
>PUSH PRESS

I'll be honest OP I was literally benching 3x10 at about 30kg when I started, it's only been 3 months of serious training (3 hours a day/5 days a week) and I'm at 60kg now, doing 4x5, maybe try different grips? I find wide grip a whole lot easier, it's the same with pull ups, with a close grip I'm at 15, a wider grip, I drop to about 6.

I don't even want to read this thread because I know its going to be full of guys talking about how they reached two plate in a few months.

100kg is heavy. Most normies can't deadlift that. The only guys I see doing 100 kg bench press are the few biggest of the biggest in the gym, like maybe three or four dudes in my gym, and my gym is usually packed everyday. They are usually in the older age range, 25 and up.

>fat
>44kg bench
>doesn't understand that he's on noob gains
>thinks he'll be @ 70 in "13 workouts"
>criticising somebody else

Mate pls

autism pls*

>doing retarded 4x8 rep range
>expects strength gains

I've been dicking around the last year or so because poor as fuck living on $20 income a day, but I managed to maintain with lmao1pl8 on bench with shit stats on everything else too.

Got on that 5/3/1 routine and started eating well, started gaining strength so fast these aat two months that I'm having to break more psychological plateaus than physical ones.

Not gonna lie, probably a bad routine going there bro.

well OP i did calisthenics for two years before I ever stepped on a gym. Walked into a gym last year in June benched 175 till November of last year.Decided to get into a powerlifting program. Now I bench 235. It's all in the programming breh.
>174lbs
>5'10

>lifting for 2 months
>implying you know anything
Fuck off, you weak lil bitch

Started lifting last July with two months off in Nov/Dec and I'm plateauing on 70x5x3 right now.
The Press is at 50x5x3 and I've been making some gains since the last deload with microloading and AMRAP sets. Haven't counted calories, tried to eat as much as possible but only food with nutritional value.

I bet this thread will have people claiming that they benched 1pl8 during their first session.

You're a clueless retard on newbie gains m8

When i started i was 5'9 105lbs and incline dumbbell pressing 30's, now 1.5 years later, i'm 5'11 158 incline dumbbell pressing 80's. My routine consists of the heaviest weight i can press for at least one rep for the first 3 sets and then do a descending set for my last set with no rest in between dropping 10lbs until i hit 20's always going to failure.
My workout yesterday was
80x,3,2,1
70-20 failure

80lbs not kg

I actually did bench 60kg when I first started. If you do anything other than butt fucking nothing prior to lifting you'll have a strength base of an average male.

Sure, if you've done physical labor or sports.

The people eager to post about stats or in cbt are always going to be the ones who are impressive. It looks like everyone on fit is benching 3 plaets, but it's just cause all the skinnyfags with shit genetics who are still benching 1 are obvs never gonna post about it in fear of DYEL responses.

>lifts for 4x8
>expects to gain strength quickly

No you are programming wrong for strength mate

For a start OP, you're on 70kg 4x8 which means your 1 rep max could be about 85k. do you really think 100kg in a year and a half isn't obtainable when you have already got 85% of the way there in a year?

Plus you've got to remember that a ot of people don't work as hard as they should at the gym and don't eat right. the reason ou don't see many people lifting heavy is because they haven't consistenly worked hard training and diet wise for an extended period of time they've fucked about or got bored and quit ad started again.

I started at 155lbs max, couldn't do 135x2. In 4 months I hit 2pl8. Work harder.

i hit 2 plate bench, 3 plate squat and 4 plate deadlift within a matter of 4 months from not lifting. are you even fucking trying?

Look its a shoulda done SS thread

Did you play sports or anything as a kid, or have you been a shut in your whole life? I can see not being able to hit 1/2/3/4 in a year and a half if you are the latter.

I started lifting in December and have 135/175/265/325. If I keep up with it I think I've got a decent shot at it.

Says the 300lb of pure lard

and you still look shit lmao.

Op is true
2 plt benching is hard af and I don't see people do it properly often
People claim they can bench 2plt in 2 years of lifting is such lier

and you still look like absolute rubbish

>most people are weak and small and make no effort to get stronger or bigger

Wow, who knew?

If you tried using your brain instead of some dipshit brain dead "I got my cert because I paid $1000 and took a multiple guess test" trainer you'd be stronger than 2pl8 in 1 year

You wasted the last 2.5 years with shit expectations and even worse programming. If you're calling it a routine it's shit. Probably even more shit than your thought process

Just give up man there's no hope for sad cunts like yourself anyway

t. Some faggot that benched 300 tng and deadlifted 500 at the 1 year mark natty

>go to gym
>a guy comes in and goes to the bench
>warms up with 70kg
>precedes to do 4 sets of ten with 120kg casually

9 mos in at 160 lbs. max is probably 225, i got 220 a cpl weeks ago. i should be repping it well within 1.5 yr time frame

what have you been doing the last 1-2 years then, is it true that you roided and didnt gain anything on your total?
so im right to assume that rate of progress =/ potential? is it true youre a genetic dead end?

345 bench, 610 deadlift, 485 squat at 2.5 years

99th percentile of this board according to the surveys held here. Couldn't give a fuck about user's opinions without video proof. I simply have to assume I'm stronger than you

>that sq/dl disparity

I have it too, is it just the curse of lanklets?

Hah, back in 2011, after just turning 21, hadn't touched weights since high school (had never even been able to bench my body weight) and repped 220 3 times at 170lbs.

I had cut down from 190 in probably two months just doing RIDICULOUS amounts of pullups, pushups, and leg raises. I looked tiny as fuck desu, but my abs were insane and I was far stronger than I looked.

I dunno. I recommend everyone to start out with pullups and to lose all their fat and shit because that's how I got started and I was astounded I was able to bench that much after not having done it in years and never even being able to bench that much period (I was 21 at the time) but maybe that is just how my body works. Maybe I was younger with high testosterone levels and could have seen progress even faster if I had been lifting weights in those couple months. Who knows?

I'm 6'4" so maybe baby

>not being in the 99.99999th percentile

most people lie about their lifts online, no shit

>naming your webms in 3rd person like you're important
>bendy bar
>sumo

That webm was made for me by trappy and the bendy bar is competition specific so that's spp training right there

>friends with mentally ill degenerate

How californian of you.

You sound mal adjusted

I either read all of your posts or you're just like every other child that cares about someone else's decisions

I'll bet you're weak as fuck too

What would you know about programs?

This is why no one should take fitness advice seriously from this board unless the person giving the advice posts a pic of their body.

I don't think most people intentionally lie about their stats on Veeky Forums. I think most are autists or former autists like say Supermang was who learnt to train alone or in a home gym and from watching internet videos.

Their lifts would never get green lights at judged comps, let alone not have an actual irl powerlifting coach screaming abuse at them for their bad form in regular training.

Even people who think they have good form. Unless you have an actual strength coach who knows what he is doing or have competed then it's most likely your real lifts are way way below what you think they are.

>falling for the trainer meme

>green lights

>tfw I've never gotten green lights in competition

How old were you when you started

>>tfw imaging big guy shorts defending trappy from bullies in a non sexual way

d'aaawwwwww

Not get Red lights. You fuckers knew what I meant. It's 4 AM here. I'm tired. Fuck you guys!!!

>genetics

fuck off

>!!!
Excessive exclamation marks, three red lights.

dyel?

Not very aesthetic though

I'm on Candito's 6 week program and according to my progression I should hit 225 for proper reps and sets (3x4-6) in 1 year. I started lifting 1 year ago from 150lb skelly mode. Now I'm 6' 185 lb, is this normal progress? I'm not looking to increase my weight anymore. I'm also scheduled to hit 315 squat for reps in about 8 months.

No you didn't

Mass takes a long time to cultivate.

>non sexual
lel

>3 hours a day, 5 times a week

Wtf?

Jesus christ these are the people criticizing and giving advice in CBTs?

Benching 100kg in a year is nothing. My gf is currently benching her bodyweight at 55kg after 6 months of going to the gym.

Also depends on what you weigh, mate.

after 6 months I'm benching 165, but I weigh 275, so still not bodyweight, therefore I feel like a loser faggot too.

You'll get there in the end.

Faggot! I will start SS in two month and I'm already benching 4 plates for reps.

>older age range
>25 and up

I couldn't keep up with the linear progression on ICF even in the very beginning despite gaining weight and eating more than 150g of protein a day: I've gained around 8kg of weight since January which is mostly fat and my dl has increased like 20kg from 80 to 100, squat 80 to 100 and bench 60 to 80. Those are for 5x5. Then I read about people squatting lmao 3pl8 after 3 months of lifting or sth.

I know it's tempting to chime in now that you're "part of the club", but you really don't know shit and it's showing.

>That fucking chest
>2 pl8

It's impossible to be so small and lift so heavy

>either you're all lying about your stats or lying about nattiness

Have you thought that maybe the problem is... you?

Do you have an athletic background?

Are you training for strength (not just working out)?

Are you training hard enough?

Are you eating enough?

Do you blame your problems on everyone but you?

Seriously. 99% of the time the issue is that the whiner is a limp-wristed bitch who doesn't try hard. Call it genetics if it makes you feel better.

That pic made me groan out loud.

the dude is 208 pounds, benches 270, seems like a solid OHP for him.

I'm can do 2pl8 after 6 months, most of which was spent on SS, it's not anything special

And I'm 6'1, not some manlet with tiny arms

>join a normie gym

There's your problem, really.

Train somewhere where people aim to achieve things at a higher level and it will rub off on you too. It's a completely different atmosphere and mindset. Like the other night at my gym, this 19 year old natty kid who is 100kg and pretty shredded deadlifted over 340kg.

Surrounding yourself with people like this gives you a different perspective.

I used to think 100kg bench was insane, now I bench 180kg and I'm really happy with my progress but I feel like I'm capable of a lot more, and still progressing.

That being said I don't mean this in a condescending way. If you're happy at a normie gym environment then do your thing.

But projecting that situation on to everyone is a bit ridiculous.

As long as you're progressing towards what you want it shouldn't matter if someone else is lifting more than you. Their lifting has no impact on you or your progress. Just don't lower your standards because you're not there yet - that's a good way to remain where you are forever.

>44 kg bench
>talking about lifting like you know shit

wew lad

just fucking add more weight
your bench press will never go up if you dont try

>35kg bench 4x9
>35kg rows 4x8
>25kg press 4x8
>65kg diddies 3x5

Been lifting for 7 months with barbell + proper equipment and 3 months before that with just dumbbells. Quite pleased with the aesthetic gains but that bitch weight ;-;

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

i'm a guy

;-;

Started ss in january.

Hit 200lb x 4

I pity you, OP

work on your reding comprehension

>I already have a 44 kg bench

No squat?

I started off struggling to do 95lb bench and with a decent amount of serious lifting I'm at 235lbs for 8. It's not unfeasible, it just takes some effort and determination

45kg 5x5, only do them once a week but I have skipped even that due to being busy working or something. Focused more on form than progression since I started them. Could easily up the weight.

>70kg bench after a year
>asking for a spot EVER
m8 I did 60kg after just 1 month on 5x5 SL and plateued there. Reached 70kg after just 2 months. Sounds like you got a case of accute brosplit syndrome and fuckarounditis.

i'm at 90 right now with 4 months to go until a year. My guess is you're one of those retards who train once a week.