Running

Apart from fat-loss, are there any benefits to running first thing?

I'm already pretty otter/athletic mode, but I want to run for the health benefits. Realistically, I could only add them in if I did them first thing in the morning, but I don't need to cut.

Pros, cons?

Running general I guess

I really wanna run for a good source of cardio but I feel too anxious to go running. Advice?

otter mode? how much do you bench and squat, be honest here bruv

I felt just like that until I realized that nobody gives a fuck. Everybody has their own shit going on and couldn't give a fuck about you running around.

>Better heart.
>More of a gas tank for difficult things ( Military, MMA, sports).
>Runners high.
>Better mental performance.

Don't run unless you're training to be a runner. There are more effective ways of cardio that burn fat (I.e rowing, stairmachine) that don't fuck up your joints in the long term. Running is detrimental to you in the long term

Dunno about other anons, but running definitely gives me a massive endorphin rush that I don't get from lifting.

In terms of other benefits, greater lung capacity, increased mobility (if you supplement it with some good stretching), increases your base fitness and lowers your resting heart rate. Running is pretty GOAT cardio.

Yeah, otter.

And your question, 1RM? Sets? Specify, bruv.

>Apart from fat-loss, are there any benefits to running first thing?

Destroying your knees and ankles

sprint instead.

This. No one cares if you're running unless you are right in front of their car. Go running OP, and don't get run over.

That is daily, endurance type running. It fucks with your heart too. NEVER do endurance running.

Running in dirt twice a week is awesome.
This is variable running with HIIT.
It is the weight lifting of cardio.

This. Lot of bad advice in this thread.

If you literally get all the benefits of running by doing rowing or stairmachine or biking without the detriments of destroying your legs and knees.

Have fun squatting and deadlifting with a bunk knee senpai

Yup.
Or HIIT.

Getting old fucks with your legs and knees.

Even old boxers have fucked up shoulders.

Time to get on the stem cell shit.

>Greater lung capacity
>More efficient use of oxygen in muscles
>Better endurance when lifting
>Higher energy levels
>Better sleep
>Cardio is pretty much #1 most important if you get into a fight
>Meet other runners or just normal women outside mirin'
>Can sex women for longer without getting tired
most (all) of these are just benefits of doing cardio, but you can run anywhere.
downsides are that long distance running frequently lowers testosterone and can fuck your joints.

When does running become endurance/long distance?

What timeframes and distances should I keep to?

>It fucks with your heart too
Explain
Humans are masters of endurance
No other animal can compete with us over long distances
We have no fur and we cool ourselves efficiently by sweating
Our legs operate like springs
We used to chase fucking antelopes on the savanna until they drop down from exhaustion and overheating

How is cardio good for fighting?

I'd imagine being fast and having short bursts would win you a fight not endurance.

good work bruv!

most fights are going to be messy affairs with untrained/drunk guys who get gassed quickly. struggling to breathe after a quick grapple

I run twice a week, I do HIIT one day and a solid single distance run 3 days after, and honestly it fucking sucks, I'm only doing it for military, I hate it, i love hiking, swimming, cycling, I can hike up mountains with 35kg rucksacks for 6-7 hours at a a time no worries, I love it, but as soon as I have to run I just want to lie on the floor and cry to death, it's always uncomfortable, I can't breathe properly and all I want to do is stop.

Any advice? Any tips on better breathing or running stances? I have to run mainly on roads, is it better to run on a beach or through wooded areas or something?

running in an environment that challenges or interests you makes it a whole lot more fun.

I ran cross-country and track for 6 years, and I was pretty damn good at it, and I still never reached some mythical point where I "loved" running. Even if you're good at it, running on the road or on a track is fucking shit. Its boring and all you think about is how much farther you have to go.

So run on trails, ideally ones with lots of turns, hills, switchbacks, etc. The only times i've ever really enjoyed my running has been on technical trails where youre too preoccupied with the scenery, and not tripping on roots, and navigating steep rocks to notice how far youve gone or how far you have left.

Thanks. Pic related was inspiration, he's another user. I'm still going.

there is no breathing technique with running. lots of people will tell you in the nose, out the mouth, get a strict rhythm, ect. but it's nonsense

as an amateur, it's all about getting as much oxygen as possible. all through the mouth as often as you need. just don't start hyperventilating

Go spar a round with someone and tell me endurance doesn't help in a fight. That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard. As someone who has sparred many rounds with many different people, endurance makes a huge difference.

Thanks man, cross country definitely sounds more like my kinda thing, I cpdone a couple of low-end Spartan races last year and really enjoyed them, at the moment I run on a single flat long road that I've walked down a billion times, and you're right all I'm thinking about is how far I have left, I have a 3 mile run tomorrow so I'm gonna go and do it in the woods on the edge of town and mix things up, thanks again.

Have this picture of my dream girl as a token of my appreciation.

Street fights aren't the same as martial arts spars, in duration, intensity or style.

Run more often and remember to run slow. You have to get used to it, and the HIIT isn't really going to help your long distance endurance that much. Don't be too worried about the distance you cover for the first month. You can start with running 30min three times a week and gradually build up from there. And I repeat, do not run fast: you're breathing intensity should allow you to keep up a conversation.

a short street fight is still fucking exhausting.

Running sucks. Buy a bike.

So getting tired in a street fight won't happen? What happens when the adrenaline runs out and you're both still standing (or on the ground)?

Come to your senses, walk away.

Bump

Why?

Barefoot running feels great, just be careful where you go

More wanted to know about running first thing in the morning, to which more discussion could be had.