Motivation thread Veeky Forums

Motivation thread Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MVvGvMevcqY
youtube.com/watch?v=7eJ_WNu4AfY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

flame on little candle

having experienced the bliss that is snuggling under a blanket browsing Veeky Forums while listening to contemplative jazz music, drinking tea and petting my cat, I can say this is false

why is the text so fucking janky

it adds nothing

This is from the "8 Must Read Success Lessons from Dr. Seuss". Good shit - the rest are:

1. Be Who You Are
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.”

2. Trouble Your Troubles
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”

3. You Decide
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who’ll decide where to go.”

4. It’s Up To You
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”

5. Think
“You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room.”

6. The More You Know
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn the more places you’ll go.”

7. Your Mountain Is Waiting
“Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting.

8. You Are You
“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

fucking this so much

>Σοχρατεσ

??? fucking ameritards

That's all from me, anyone else got anything to dump?

Get busy liftin or get busy dyelin
- Mo-gainz freeman

I don't have any cool picture lads, but I'll say this.

Imagine everything that was missing from your childhood being fulfilled.

Had a broken family? Now imagine having a large, warm family, and retiring in a well-off household, with children who are successful because you could give them everything you didn't get in your childhood.

Were you always unconfident and shy? Now imagine being a company's CEO, or leading an expedition to climb Everest, and being recognised as THE leader of the room.

Were you a frail social outcast? Now imagine being a sikk cunt and being the charismatic legend everyone likes.

Look to your deepest passions and scars to find out what you want from life, and go chase it.

Nice

I'll dump some of my shit

This reminds me of a very personal quote

"The greatest struggle in your life should not be, and is not, with society, but with yourself" - Prager University.

Give yourself responsibility for everything that happens. No matter who's fault it may look like, it is your fault. If someone else fucks up, you didn't check up on them enough. If an adverse event fucks you over, you didn't prepare for it. When you begin to claim responsibility for everything in your life, you become a leader. You begin to force yourself to do your best to build your fate, and you do.

Oh shit waddup

Fit for all of your bullshit, all your pettiness, all of the horrible advice and fake ass stats you give out, I'm proud of you. You may be assholes, but you're improving yourself, whatever the reason, and I'm proud of you for it. Keep getting those sweet gains son

They totally failed their graphic design courses.

I was depressed and suicidal for a long time before I just decided to take control of my own mind and emotions.

Emotional and mental strength is trained the same way your body is. You practice the skill of restraint and suppression and condition your mind to think differently.

An example of this is whenever something shitty happens to you, don't spiral into a pit of self-pity but try to see the good in it and change your mood to a positive one from a negative one. The more you do this, the less shitty thoughts you have, the less depressed you are, and the more in control of your mind you are when you feel depressed.

Mental strength is equally as important as physical strength. What good is a strong body that has a weak mind?

I'm proud of you user, fucking nice

This, attitude is everything.

When I was 15 I had a mega-conservative phase, was obsessed with self-discipline and the if-you-fail-it's-your-fault mentality. I sorted my life out, overcame depression, felt happy, and read ahead on material that made me excel academically and literally transformed my grades. I remember it because it was such a powerful time. We may dislike conservashits for their boring and senile way of life but they have the morals in place to raise strong successful people.

best quote ever

thanks for posting. started meds yestreday and needed this motivation.

I.e no pain no gain

Felt weird reading this with my hand playing with my dick.

this is an awesome post

Mental strength is your greatest asset. There is something strong in you, more profound, more primordial than anything you can ever imagine. Something that only comes roaring out in a life-or-death situation.

All this bullshit is just words, the internet, the chans, just a universe of meaningless words. Faggots trying to tear you down who think just because they got it in writing that it applies to you, that it's TRUE. It's only ever been your mind that makes you feel like shit. It's only ever been a feeling. Nip the feeling at the root, and boom. No feeling, no problem. Someone calls you a faggot, so what? If it doesn't bother you, what's gonna happen? Mouths are gonna materialize out of the aether to call you a faggot? Your brain's gonna hijack your body and make you more effeminate? No feeling like a faggot, no problem when someone calls you one.

It took me to get to the brink of suicide to realize there was a Self inside me that was so much larger and purer than the one that nearly killed himself over rejection, loneliness, what people thought about me, shitty thoughts, how I looked in the mirror, etc.

exploding your semen inside an attractive girl hours after being almost too nervous to talk to her trumps that feel tenfold

Another tip for conquering mental and emotional weakness is to look at your problems objectively.

Why am I sad? What is really going to make me happy? Where do these feelings of depression stem from? Is it just a phase? Is it temporary?

I have bipolar disorder so I overcome shitty feelings by telling myself that they're temporary. Same goes for emotional distress after a breakup or a loved one dying. Rationalize it as a temporary condition. You don't give up when you get a cold or the flu, why give up because of temporary shitty feelings? Depression is one of the most malleable mental illnesses because it's heavily influenced by your mindset, even bipolar disorder like I have.

It's really a question of whether or not you want to be happy. Do you want to be happy? Yes? Then you have to force yourself to be happy. You have to MAKE it work.

RIDERS OF THEODEN

Every single one of those things is something that either a faggot or a girl would do (apart from coming on Veeky Forums of course)

Get the fuck off this board and never ever come back

fuck someone please post a bigger picture of this, i want to save this
>maybe with a bit of arnolds butt in it too pls

Similar to this 2bh

I tried user

Heres the best available, not that you deserve it faggot.

Except money buys steroids, which are the only way to achieve it.

>Except money buys steroids, which are the only way to achieve it.

I am 100% sure that if all the steroids ever were given to you, you would not be able to achieve that body based on your whiny response.

I've never seen that image before but I get that.

dude weed lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=MVvGvMevcqY

youtube.com/watch?v=7eJ_WNu4AfY

The great irony is the people that currently support the wisdom of this man want to go about minimizing adversity

Climbers are so ridiculously fucking pretentious it automatically makes me feel less motivated looking at them

Crop him out, it's not like the quote is from a climber anyway

Except I fucked up on my cut and I'm two weeks behind.

That's a nice one bro

quality kek