/KET/ - Ketosis general

Ok anons im finishing up my summer cut and feel like trying something new at the end of my cut. Ive heard alot on here about this diet some saying its a god send and some saying its a meme.
Ive read a few articles about it and i think i get the basics. But lets share experiences with ketosis, diet plans, successes and failures on it and any useful tips and tricks.
Did you loose a good amount of weight?
Did it help or hinder your workouts?
Did you ever do a re-feed?
How long were you on it for?

Other urls found in this thread:

ruled.me/30-day-ketogenic-diet-plan/
authoritynutrition.com/ketogenic-diet-101/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I lost 10kg with it, most of it in the first month.

Didn't lift back then (3 years ago), so I guess if you lift this would work even better.

>I lost 10kg with it, most of it in the first month
Nice, was the weight easily lost? I mean did your energy levels plummit or were you experiencing hunger pangs?
Cause what ive read they say the advantage to this diet is you wont suffer those things.

currently /ketosis/.

it works but it sucks so goddamn bad

try going one day on it. basically no sugar, absolutely no bread, juice, milk, fruit, etc.

>but it sucks so goddamn bad
Why? Just because of the food restrictions?

You get used to it after transition, groggy for 2/3 days and after as clear=headed and energetic as before

yeah. normally I pretty much live on sandwiches and Chipotle burritos (dirty bulkan).

but I've lost about 10 pounds in a month. just stock up on eggs, sliced carb-free cheese (like kraft and stuff, most is 0 carb), lunch meat, eggs, peanut butter, eggs, and chicken breast.

fry up eggs for breakfast. I typically do about 3 or 4. eat some meat and cheese for lunch, or more eggs. for dinner, all meat, thus the breast.

if you've got a sweet tooth like me, eat some peanut butter or drink diet whatever.

Interesting
Nice, did you focus on making sure you got enough fats though?
Did you cook all your foods with butter, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil?

>one day
>currently /ketosis/

kek

Is that fat percentage accurate?

I'm currently on ketosis, been doing it for just over 2 weeks.

Here's my personal experience:
- 2 days of low energy
- supplemented salt into my diet to combat headaches (not gonna explain this one theres alot of stuff online about keto and salt supplementation)
- after 3 days, more energy than before
- if I was starting again, I would do 2 days of 100g of carbs instead up

yeah, I get lots of fat lol. I eat lots of salami and pb. I mostly use butter for cooking

Ive seen some others with more fat and less protein.
Ok cool i was worried cause ive seen that if i get too much protein and not enough fat that i wont enter into ketosis.
Any thoughts on this?
Nice, same question i asked above.

I find that the foods you eat are naturally high enough in fat that you don't have to worry too much. if you're still concerned eat more steak

I've never heard of any concerns about too much protein.

I'll go through a few of my staples that will really help you start off doing keto though:

- bacon
- eggs
- avacado
- chicken breast
- TONS of vegetables, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
- cheese
- salted nuts, I try to eat 1/2 cup of salted peanuts per day

ruled.me/30-day-ketogenic-diet-plan/

go to that link and download the meal plan, there are some fuarking delicious recipes in there for keto. I try to use one every day.

fantastic info thx felas

Well shit. I think I know why I might have been getting headaches and feeling weak. Not enough fat. I'll give it another try.

>Protein should be moderate, as a very high intake can spike insulin levels and lower ketones. Around 35% of total calorie intake is probably the upper limit.
Read that on a site, I suppose it makes sense.

authoritynutrition.com/ketogenic-diet-101/

My protein intake was never a problem. My fat though, I'm sure I wasn't eating enough of it. Maybe sodium too. I'll give this another go and make sure I get it right.

Magnesium

basically your body flushes out water when it burns the rest of the carbohydrates in your system which carry away the sodium, potassium, and magnesium which fucks with everything in your system.

You have to supplement all three to not feel too weird.

This a good reason to do cyclic low carb.

Bump

Anyone have any idea how a keto diet affects test levels/sexual performance? they say more fats equal higher test but since this is different and still loosing weight im not sure what would happen.

Are you illiterate?

If any of you truly lift 3+ days a week, and are looking for lean gains while on keto, I did four months of cyclical keto.

It's pretty simple, 5.5 days on, 1.5 days carb load. Typically I started my 1.5 on Saturday morning, and then ended with a single meal at breakfast on Sunday. Basically anything goes for these meals.

Your body stays in ketosis, and your body uses the carbs for repair.

Gained something like 15 pounds of pure muscle in about 4 months. Lost something like 5% body fat (this is an estimate, as I usually sit at around 12-13). I was working out about 15 hours a week, and eating 5-7k calories in a day.

The only downside was its awkwardness in the social realm. I've been back on keto 5 or so times since. Great "diet."

So is keto better than a regular caloric deficit for fat loss? I've been doing it and i lost 15 pounds in like a week but im guessing 90% of that was water.

If you haven't had any sugar for the day. You might be able to have an apple or a banana. I think 1 medium banana is like 22-23 net carbs.

I've been doing Keto for a long time and I've lost 31kg, I still do a calorie Def but the Keto keeps me from being hungry or have cravings and I have a lot of energy and I get to eat good stuff.

My recommendation is to have pocket cheese at hand in the beginning if you get hungry so you don't cheat, baby bel is a good brand with a few different kinds for variations.

Nice. I'm kinda feeling like doing low carb instead of strict keto. Is that out of the question? I kinda wanna still eat cheese and butter. But also fruits and oatmeal and lentils which this board raves about.

well yeah, but assuming 0 carbs. just depends on one's schedule and meals

mmm... well the point is to actually go into ketosis. hard to do that unless you're below about 30 carbs a day. which, once you figure out the meals, is very doable.

Not enough electrolytes more likely; low carb flushes water, and salt along with it. Salt your food extra, drink broth, use lite salt which is sodium + potassium, supp magnesium if needed, etc.
But extra water and salt will solve 90% of so-called keto flu.

Can I bulk on keto?

I doubt even half the people who are doing this meme diet are getting all the essential vitamins and minerals they need.

when i first started keto, i ate a lot more red meat and cheese than usual, and my cholesterol spiked through the fucking roof. it was not something i could continue. i also no longer eat processed meat (bacon, salami, etc) because of the ass cancer. so that makes keto tough.

now i just do this:
bag of Keto Fuel + 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream + 1/4 cup MCT oil = 3 tasty chocolate shakes a day.
for dinner I have 5oz salmon or chicken plus as much vegetables as i want.

this puts me around 1500cal daily. i've been losing ~2lb/week for weeks now. i like it.

no, CKD will leave you in perpetual adaption

Currently about ten days into PSMF, sucks but the weight melts off. Also is that graph internationally the Pepe colors?