How to get the v-taper waistline? Is it from cardio or lifting?

How to get the v-taper waistline? Is it from cardio or lifting?

It's less waist and more lats. Do some pullups, senpai. Unless you have major girlhips, that'll do the trick.

question. ive been lifting, but cant do a pullup without 20 pounds assist.. any tips how to do pullups better? i can do 110 pounds on the lat pull down but cant do a pull up

It partially depends on bone structure with your hips, your ribs, and shoulders. Some people have wider hips, or wider, even flared ribs, or narrow shoulders. All those would contribute to making it difficult to achieve a v-taper waistline butpractically anyone can achieve the illusion of a v taper by focusing on certain areas. If you have the proportions for it then all you have to do is drop body fat

As a skellyfag, pullups are easy as hell. For big guys, they're a lot harder. You gotta work up to them. Start with some arm hangs. Reverse pull-ups can help, too. Start from a pulled-up position, then slowly lower yourself, controlling the descent. Keep on working at it, my man. Once you can get one, you can easily work your way up to more. You can do it!

It's from being genetically blessed with a narrow waist/hips.

Everytime I post my body in CBT people say my back isn't wide. Then I post my body again with a tape measure around me and they realize I am actually bigger than them, much bigger.

A guy with a 25 inch waist and 50 inch lats, is going to appear to have a bigger back then someone with a 35 inch waist and 65 inch lats.

yes, i'm 6'2" 180.. I dropped from 197, so i figured it would be easier but nope. i never thought of doing a reverse pull up. thanks a lot for the advice man we're all going to make it

Mostly genetic, but it can be improved by lifting, which gives you actual delts/lats and cutting which should reduce fat around your waist

Remember that curl-ups are far easier than pull-ups. Less effective at hitting the lats, but it's also another good place to start if you're having trouble with pull-ups.

yeah i can do curl ups without assist. i can do up to 5 without assist

Mix in some curl-ups with those reverse pull-ups, and you'll be hoisting your tall ass up to the bar in no time. Keep at it, bro.

thanks brah!

That guy needs to stand up straight, holy fuck

Both

Jesus guys, it's not genetics. Where the fuck was my v-taper two years ago? Nonexistent, shoulders were the exact same width as hips. I wasn't gifted special ratios, narrow hips, blah blah. If anything I had slightly wide hips for my frame.

Some good advice in this thread regarding hitting your lats with pullups, lat pulldowns, etc. But you have to realize that will only look quasi-good from the back. When someone see's you front-on and you have huge lats with shit shoulders you're going to realize you got trolled by Veeky Forums.

Focus on delt (shoulder) development every bit as much as back. IMO honestly they are even more important because how often are you standing talking to someone with your back to them? 1/100th the time. You're talking face to face. There's a reason why all women say "broad shoulders" are universally attractive, not "broad back".

Lastly, your V-taper will look mediocre if you don't keep your waistline slim as well, especially when shirtless. She'll think you're really muscular for a second and then when you take your shirt off and you're hanging over your belt like a muffin top, side fat now evident, gg. Yes broad shoulders and wide back help give a CLOTHED-ILLUSION of a narrower waist, but that's like a girl slathering on makeup hiding her acne. Not saying you need to be shredded by any means, but no higher than 14%, which is quite gracious.

40% Shoulders, 40% Back, 20% waistline/bodyfat. Pic attached showing how each perspective is relevant.

I enjoy this positivity and wish upon you great gains and miraculous hypertrophy.

Man knows what's what. Lats are key, but shoulders are critical. Otherwise you just look like a meat kite.

>it's not genetics.

yes it is, pic related: I have a 40 INCH waist.

I look good from the side, but like a block from the front.

i dont think you can have v taper with 20% bodyfat
:^)

>shoulders are key

Fucking this

Start with negatives, its basically jumping up and holding it out as long as you can and slowly coming down.

Sorry if worded confusingly. I said ~14% BF tops. The 20% pertains to the overall visual impact waistline has on V-taper.

>Honey, what are you doing over there
>It's called Veeky Forums, Grandma, not that you'd understand!

Why does everyone on Veeky Forums assume my dad is my grandma?

LOL.

He has old woman hair, my man. Tell him to trim that shit up, and also not to wear a jacket in the house like a perma-cold menopausal cunt.

he is 65

Does that affect anything I said? Trim the hair, lose the hoodie. Boomer fuck needs to look like a man.

Arnold at 65.

i'll give you an honest answer.

when i did nothing but olympic movements for about 6 months, i noticed hips got a little wider. i wanted to give my body a break (joints/legs/back always killing me), so for about 3 months i did cardio 3x a week and upper body once a week. afterward, i looked the best i've ever looked with minimal effort.

so, it's what you do in the gym+your diet+ CARDIO

cardio helps. don't listen to the "cardio kills gains" fags

Best lat workouts
>Pullup
>Seated row
>Iso-lateral pulldown
>Lat pulldown
>Deadlift
I couldn't do pullups for a while either. You just have to hammer at your lats until you can. I abused the Iso-Lateral Pulldown for the longest time. Once you can do full bodyweight pullups, start doing them weighted right away. Weighted pullups are the number one workout you could ever do for your lats.

>posting old phtoshopped pics

Arnold's hair is pretty far gone though, he should just buzz that shit and grow a beard.

This might be a stupid question, but natty? If not, stack?

Of course he's natty. He's 155lb for fuck's sake. He's a manlet.

It's obvious your hips are still significantly wide. You're just turned at the right angle. Even in your back sot you are turned to hide it. Do you have any straight forward shots? Of back or front

That post came off as sounding like I was shit talking. Was not my intention. Nice body bro