Just graduated BCT

Just graduated BCT
Let's get a BCT PT thread going

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k6LBuyxy6Ns
terminallance.com/2010/03/02/terminal-lance-17-the-stare/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How was it bro? Does it really help to seed those who are not fit for the role?
I met some Marines in a bar and told me it's pretty heavy, they mentioned the "boots" they had:
>Dyel latino dude, one boot
>Buff dude, half a boot
>Kinda fat but strong dude, 1/4 of a boot
>Roided up nig, pretty big, no boot, fucking callouses and shit

They were pretty reserved when it came to talking about what they do and shit, arguing that they are "objectives", but overall, pretty cool dudes, had a good time drinking with them.

It's not all that bad...
I'm in the Army
But I was a fat body going in and lost 20 lbs and got in shape.
You get used to it really quick. Doing PT at 0400 everyday. Great way to get in shape.

Did you do anything special to get ready before you went? I ship to ft. Sill in july

Welcome to lawton where nothing ever happens

Are you getting deployed? Can you decide where you wanna go? Also, what made you choose the militar path?
>nigg roided dude had some ink, I assumed was the marines corp anchor logo and shit. It was a fucking Naruto tattoo, he wants to be an animator after. I found funny how someone so big spent his free time drawing and being weebish, but then again, they still are normal people with their own goals and dreams

I'm in AIT atm, I'll find out if I'll get deployed later on. You get a "wish list" on where you want to go. And I just wanted to better my life.

Boot

You go to your nearest meps and do physical, take a test to see what jobs you can do, and a PT test to see where you're at.

I recommend coming to Japan, it's the GOAT of countries, plenty of asian girls wanting some american cock and you look better than 90% of them fig japs

Also, a friend told me that you get a pretty good salary, he knew a dude that saved a lot and now is traveling the world with the money he saved while enlisted. Good luck bro, if this will make you have a better life, give your 110% to it and don't get killed plz

Japan is what I'm hoping for.
Gonna be a brown nose if I have to

>THE BEND AND REACH
the bend and reach
> IN CADENCE
in cadence
>EXERCISE
>1 2 3
> one
>1 2 3
> two
>1 2 3
> three

> OH WE'RE NOT MOTIVATED TODAY PRIVATES????

> 'TOON ATTENHUT
> HALF RIGHT FACE
> FRONLEANINRESTPOSITION MOVE

How many days a week can you go rucking?

Ive begun doing rucking for 4-5 miles with a 25 lbs backpack which usually takes me about 80 minutes every second day of the week and it feels pretty good, but will this ruin me soon or should I continue? I get into the military in one month.

Also anyone with shin splits that felt that rucking helped them on the way?

Hi there. I'm currently deployed (CENTCOM).
When in AIT you get a wish list to PCS L, not to get deployed. If your unit is deployed you will most probs end up living the sweet sweet garrison life.

Also, if you're a desk jockey or commo, yo ass is going to Korea.

Nope.
>The 8 count push ups!!

If you come here, let's have a beer bro. Godspeed

Anyone do rotc in college..I considered becoming an officer

After I finish my degree im going OCS. Word of advice, as an officer, be ready to deal with extra bullshit all day erry day. Theres a lot of it. A lot.

Lack of respect from enlisted ?

I XO'd a BCT unit for awhile a few years ago, y'all can ask away if you'd like

>former O-3

Lets not you cherry fuck

Ft sill more like ft.chill

I did a semester of AFROTC and I hated that fact that another college kid would correct everything I did, then went on to hookup with people on tinder after class. If you don't have a 3.5 gpa, pillar of justice personality, and enjoy cardio and body weight workouts I wouldn't recommend it.

Not at all. OERs, meetings, shit rolls down hill, but it mostly depends on the battalion level.

In my unit, respect from the enlisted at any level towards officers have never been an issue.

You only need to ruck once a week. Stop fucking yourself. When you got 55 lbs doing 12 miles, with another planned in two days, your fucking feet will snuff you out with a pillow that night

you do understand that is how rank and structure works.

someone out there will call you out on your shit.

P O G
O
G

>tfw you will never be 13 series
Have fun, senpai. I hear Arty is the shizznit.

but I want to strengthen my feet / lower legs from all this walking. I dont care if it hurts

Why don't they just write "general" or "major" or something on all the patches
seems like poor efficiency if you have to stop and count how many lines are on someone's shoulder to see if they outrank you every time

Recent ROTC grad here (actually last year,but that's fairly recent)
I'm Reserves, but officer life is not bad at all. Just recognize that your soldiers are the subject matter experts. Let them do their jobs and they'll look out for you. It's ez peezy.

>welfare queens
>welfare queens everywhere

Army 2LT here, what do you want to know.

THE SWIMMER

SOME OF YOU DO NOT WANT TO DO THE EXERCISE. THAT'S OK WE WILL WORK ON THAT RIGHT NOW

All my drill sgt made us do at Benning was fucking power jumps. We owed him like 1300 by the time we began FTX

fuck off with this shit boot

>except mexican influenced indian gang violence
>Oklahoma in July
You better hope youre from the south or else you're going to heat stroke the fuck out.

Graduated airforce BMT 10 days ago

Just took my aircrew fundamentals test 3 hours ago 6/21 kids failed it was pretty fucking hard desu

Leave for Randolph on Thursday for the basic sensor operator course

AFSC 1U0X1

BMT was fun and annoying as fuck but a good expierence

Pic related: physique after not lifting for 2 months

Finally gonna start lifting again today I just wanted to get the aircrew fundamentals test out of the way

I considered doing rotc for the last 2 years of college. I'd have to do some leadership 4 week course to get into the upper level of ROTC. Did you do that?

344th are pussies
secfo hua

Nah brah

Are you there right now though?

nah i graduated around 2 weeks ago on rap/leave right now

>it was pretty fucking hard desu

>anything airforce
>hard

The stuff you guys get away with in the Airforce is insane.
Really wish I would of joined, instead of going Army and being stuck at Bragg

>go airborne they said it would be fun they said
Running down Gruber road in the morning and having so much pollen hitting your face that trees are growing in your nose. just fml

>3 years at West Point
>flunked out (Math and Science is hard af... baka at myself)
>considering ROTC at my new university
>best shape of my life currently

The only thing I worry about is the shitbags. A lot of the prior ROTC people at West Point hated ROTC. At the Army Navy games I would see the ROTC guys in their Dress A's and they were so fucking sloppy. It pissed me off with their chef ass berets. Fucking hell

I just need to do well in uni classes because I want to do Aviation. All of my friends are Firsties (seniors) at West Point and will commission next year. It's pretty shitty seeing all of them almost commissioning, but I'm very happy for them.

Do your Soldiers well and know your job in and out, bros. You owe them that

6 year Army dude here. BCT is super easy. You really have to try to not get through easily. These days your drill sergeants really can't do much more than yell at you and make you do a few pushups. Shit is too easy.

That said, you will be awake at 0400 every morning and back in bed at 2130, but have to wake up at some point during the night to do a 1-2 hour fire guard/CQ shift. You will also be doing exclusively body weight and cardio workouts for 3 months, possibly more when you get to AIT. If you are a fatty then you will get slim. I was a fatty and last 35 pounds in 3 months. If you are kinda fit then you will stay kinda fit. If you are a Veeky Forumsizen then expect to lose your gains. I saw a lot of dudes come in who were ripped and last 15-20 pounds because you are constantly doing something semi-active and not eating quality food.

Good luck, user. It will be shitty while you are there, but you'll end up with some funny stories. I hope you chose a good job.

Will you be able to like skip all the way to the last year of rotc if you tell then you went to west point?

I'm pretty sure it is based on Military Science courses. I already have two under my belt from the Academy, so I'll probably pick up at MS300 or whatever it is a called at the college. I might try ROTC for one semester and see how I like it before I commit fully. I hear I can do OCS after college without ROTC, so I may go that route.

There are really so many ways you can commission if you really want to

From what I read, rotc can help with tuition if you commit. You also don't do basic training. You go straight to be an officer.

OCS you still have to do basic.

>tfw Navy
>Everyone keeps bitching about PRT standards and "muh old Navy"
>Have literally 10x more fat lazy chiefs than I have POs.
The deeper I get the more I realize the Navy is just a really shitty company.

If you joint with a degree then you can go to OCS after you go through BCT. It doesn't sound like it would matter, but your soldiers will respect you a lot more if you've gone through at least a little bit of the same suck that they did and aren't a ring-knocking West Point faggot.

>OCS you still have to do basic.

Oh shit, for real? Yea, I don't wanna do that again. I did it twice at West Point (Once when I was at the West Point Prep School and at West Point itself).

Yea, ROTC seems like a good option to stick with.

OCS is basic. You just get a bunch of additional training and classes.

Enlisting next year after I finish my undergrad. I want to be a Ranger Medic for 4+ years then attend medical school and do my residency in Emergency Medicine.

Current PT
14:00 2 Mile
55 Pushups
70 Situps
???? Ruck

Rotc you still have to do some outdoors leadership courses...

The american military is fucking ass

>ring-knocking West Point faggot

Yea, I met a lot of those while up there. The majority of the peeps at West Point are cool and will be good Officers, but there are still a lot of fuccboi faggots that will be shitty, ring knocking shit bags. It pisses me off to see a lot of those dudes go through.

I wish every year they had peer reviews to separate the awkward kids that will be terrible leaders

I definitely need to read up more on it

>Current PT
>14:00 2 Mile
>55 Pushups
>70 Situps

Terrible bro. You're not going to be Ranger Medic with those PT times and scores

What about your brain pt? Don't you have to score well on the asvab. I knew some cna that was joining the airforce to become a doctor.

>What about your brain pt? Don't you have to score well on the asvab. I knew some cna that was joining the airforce to become a doctor.
I scored a 95 on the practice ASVAB, and I'm finishing up my undergrad in Biochemistry. Brain PT stronk

>Terrible bro. You're not going to be Ranger Medic with those PT times and scores
I know m8, I know, you should have seen my PT 6 months ago... ;_; Any advice for me?

youtube.com/watch?v=k6LBuyxy6Ns
Navy OCS for reference.
>First phase pretty much Naval Basic, but harder and run by a Marine Drill Instructor as well as Chief RDC
>Second phase is pretty much Officer Basic. Super tough inspections and drills, lots of class time. Little more independence but same amount of punishment and bullshit to get in your head.
>Third phase Leadership Training. Pretty much become part of the training environment. Training new inductees and become RDC-lites. Last round of qualifications and testing and shit.

>Current PT
>14:00 2 Mile
>55 Pushups
>70 Situps
>???? Ruck

Not bad, but keep working. Ranger school requires that you get at least a 70 in every event at the 18-21 year old scale (all those numbers are easy to find online) and complete a 12 mile ruck in under 3 hours. The requirements really aren't that hard, but they are going to whoop your ass physically and mentally prior to you actually doing the APFT/ruck for record. From all the dudes I know who have been through Ranger school they say it is mostly a mental game. You are going to be cold, hungry, and tired the whole time and they are going to give you ample opportunity to give up and go home. If you don't break, can take instruction, aren't a buddy fucker, and don't suck at PT then you'll be fine.

>Any advice for me?

Run more as in at least one day with a long run

HIIT for the rest of your cardio

Focus your strength training on calisthenics with weight training intervals

If you really want to then get some rucks runs in, but rucking is easy t b h

Also, Ranger School is less about PT and more about rucking and persevering. My Sandhurst OIC at West Point Prep said that the only time he ran was when he did the Ranger PFT.

What was the morning routine?
How long?

any Ft.Drum bros?

Fucking airmen these days. Enjoy your nonner jobs

I'm a lazy pos and I made it through Benning, you'll do fine at Sill

Right here whats your unit man

They ditched the wish list, they just send you wherever the fuck they want you. You have no choice in the matter.

For 11B anyway

>Fail out
>Expects to be aviator
Fucking kek bruh

>95
Ha! Good luck on your MCATs

1-87

This looks difficult...

You know that means 95th percentile right?

>Fucking kek bruh

I know

That's my 1000m target if I do extremely well with my GPA at my new uni. It's the dream f a m

1/10 here

there is almost 0% somebody gets sent to Japan.

Don't know 1-10 that well. McGrath or Monti?

McGrath

Atta boy. If you see an aesthetic manlet doing skateboard squats in the corner give me a hollar

Yes. I got a 98 while slightly still drunk from the night before and not taking it seriously. It's 95% percentile out of all the poor rednecks going military instead of going to college.

This is actually a problem when you are a boot.

terminallance.com/2010/03/02/terminal-lance-17-the-stare/

Hey bud also at bragg, 2/501

It's actually nice that there are shit bags in ROTC because then you stand out, and look better in comparison (as long as you aren't a pretentious douche to their faces about it).

I spent all four years of high school "grooming" myself for West Point, plus. Then I got rejected, and took an ROTC scholarship instead. To put that in perspective, it's like training for a half marathon, and then getting to the race and finding out it's actually a 5k. I've done very well, and have been on the top 10 of the OML my whole time here.

Also it's nice because when you aren't doing PT or actual ROTC class, you can have a completely normal college life.

14 minute two mile is decent, but as a male there is no excuse to not be maxing the pushups or situps, especially if you're trying to be "Mr. High Speed Ranger" that everyone else wants to be.

Practice them multiple times per week. The best way to max pushups strategically is to break them up into increments. I usually do:
>40
>rest for 5 seconds
>15
>Rest
>10
>rest
>6
And that's 71.

Situps you should just be able to do all of them in a row. Keep working on it, but like I said, if you think you're just going to "be a ranger" you need to be maxing everything.

Yeah that's exactly how I took it. Just rushed through it. If I took my time and did the math on paper instead of my head I could have gotten a 99. My practice MCATS have all been 33+ so I'm not worried.

Thanks, I only recently started specifically training push-ups and situps, those scores were from doing SS/greyskull.

Anyone here NUPOC?

NRE here and it's nice getting paid just to go to class and be a good boy.

going to OCS in the next month. Wish me luck!

i am making an ogre bloodbowl team and i want to make it dutch themed, do they have any easy crests, weapons, symbols like the german cross, or is it 100% lions

Yeah its basically summer camp no sweat. Youll do one before they let you in which is legit summer camp if you have no prior service. The one you do junior year youll be doing leadership roles and stuff with other junior cadets from around the nation. No sweat. ROTC is probably the easiest way to commission.

what do leadership activities even mean

can a beta manlet into leadership roles? asking for a friend

make it orange

I was just in Navy Boot Camp a few weeks ago and got medically discharged.
I went through the entire thing besides battlestations and firefighting.

Ask me questions!

are you a faggot?

Yes

Then why aren't you an E-4? Were you a top?

Dude no one gives a flying fuck. You are literally not even a fucking boot you sub cherry fuckhead

Hence "I work for a living" memes

Not at armyfag but leadership is an acquired skill. I was pretty beta in high school. When I was in uni I had to do loads of group shit with ESL students. Got sick of no one making decisions and ended up saying fuck them and their shitty opinions and taking charge. Now it's just a natural thing in most situations for me.

POG detected

>Fucking boots on Veeky Forums
Only you boot faggots talk about basic training like it was anything difficult