Overtraining

>overtraining
when will this meme end?

Unless you can't get a boner, or you are getting weaker, you aren't over-training

Over-training takes WEEKS to happen, usually MONTHS. Professional athletes train more than 8 hours a day, yes natural athletes.

I agree. I take "active rest days" and do hiit or liss cardio on non lifting days. Never take a day off from goals

>that comic

hm...

You can overtrain in a way that makes it so you can still lift and perform in the gym but outside the gym your motivation will be way lower. I've seen people basically fail out of school because they put all of their effort into lifting

Pretty Boy was a much better comic than this

This is a step question but am I over training if my max pull up reps is decreasing? Was doing 15-16 total (3x5) every other day and then yesterday I got to about 8 and I couldn't do anymore.

If you are training so frequently it affects your progression, to me that is overtraining.

This is easiest to detect as a novice lifter progressing linearly...

If you cant add 5lb every workout, you are either training too much or too little.

Following linear progression programs give you a feel for how much training it takes to leave you stronger.

If your training is making you weaker, you are probably over or under training.

Even if your nervous system is still fully functional.

But i suppose it all comes down to how you define "overtraining"

I view it as training more than optimally, rather than clinical exhaustion

Plus 100% of people saying overtrainings don't real are either roid as fuck or super dyel. No real natty lifters preach this broscience

>If you cant add 5lb every workout, you are either training too much or too little.

False. You're either eating too little or not sleeping enough, but if you're leaving 48 hours between workouts on that muscle, you are *absolutely* not overtraining.

Not according to the definition
Uses.

But you trained yourself weaker, so probably overtrained by a reasonable definition. You caused a shock to the body you had not fully recovered from, and adapted too

If you dont care about strength, and just want as many bw pull ups as possible check out 50pullups.com. Which should give you an idea of how hard to train for improvement.

dont forget rest days.
You dont grow when you train, you grow when you rest.

>If you cant add 5lb every workout
let me know when you get past bodyweight bench

Obviously you arent overtraining if you are resting 48 hours, silly.

Even still, i would wager you could do a workout of such high training load it would take more than 48 hours to properly recover, even with sleeping and eating.

It just would never happen following an actual program of any sort

I bench 215x6 at 175 bodyweight.

Like i said, that applies to noobs on a linear program

Currently doing 2 a day training scheme 5 time a week with a PPLxULx with my main compounds in the morning for a 5x5 followed by a 20% deload for 2 sets of 8 which usually takes 35-45 minutes and then fallowing up with the accessory work about 8 hours later which takes another 60-75 minutes. I'm looking for the signs of "over training" but only fatigue I had was from under eating or under sleeping.

LITERALLY just happened to me. I'm taking a full rest week or even two. Glad to be out for a while

>50 sets of babbyweight doesnt shock my system, or noticeably fatigue me!
No shit, sherlock

IF you are eating and sleeping right it is almost impossible to overtrain.

But if you are getting 4 hours a night and skipping meals you might actually be overtraining.

>professional athletes
>Natural

Nice one. Overtraining is real, if you skip rest days that are present for a reason you will perform worse. Sure you won't get injured but you can miss new lifts you otherwise might ha e managed.

> You can lift so much all your lifts stall
> This isn't over-training

ok kind user, thanks for the pro tip

You can progress eating .4 g/lbs protein just like you can progress eating 2g/lbs.

You can have a great lifting session after 4 hours of sleep just as you can after 8.

You can squat once a week or everyday and you can get great results.

It doesnt matter. Just do whatever you want as long as youre hitting the gym for years to come. Youre only racing yourself and trust me you'll be fine until youre about 45.

Theres gonna be a time when you do everything optimally and still stall for 6+ months and theres gonna be times when you slip and fuck around and progress finally.

Just make it bearable or fun.

And to add to this, all your lifter idols are most likely writing time off which also makes them huge faggots.

If you really research it you'll find people with lets say powerlifting totals between 1500-1800 have been lifting for a decade or close to it. Candito for example has a 3year progress video but in it hes already been active and training for his sprinting contests. Truthfully hes been lifting over 8 years now.

Same thing with hancott. Wow amazing results but really his time lifting started is when he decided now im serious and hes already been lifting for years.

I dont follow body builders but i know lazar has been around for realllly long and ill still see him post 2-3 year peogress photos. Like dude you looked like this 10 years ago lol

Got be cynical guys.

Say that to my swollen ankles and screaming hips

>when will this meme end?
>overtaining
>meme

What is cortisol for 500 user.
We switch muscle groups for a reason, repeated use of the same muscle or the same bodily systems causes stress and keeps cortisol levels raised.

Athletes make a ton of money, and have access to things we don't have to reduce this stress and combat the fatigues associated with overtraining.

Though you are correct, it takes weeks for this to develop, but the average person doesn't take proper care of their body on a day to day basis, let alone planning weeks/months in advance.

I tried to train lifting, rowing and judo 3x a week each for two months.

I wasn't dying or anything, but I had to back off because I was too beat to do the work I needed to do in judo. I'd feel fine at the beginning of practice, but everything was harder, like paying attention to the demonstrations, staying aggressive in randori and recovering from falls.

I'd been lifting for ten years and know how to sleep, eat and stretch so this isn't some noob shit. It did make me want to roid so I can train that way for real though.

The way to detect overtraining is to measure your resting heart rate every day- if it spikes, you should take a break/deload/whatever you want to call it.