Veeky Forums healthy diet thread

>He eats pizza and mcdonalds to get his calc
ITT: post recipes and foods that are good for you while not being super fucking expensive. Also be mindful of macros.

Here's something I started eating every breakfast (and lunch too) which I found pretty good
Dry Bagel (can add butter)
2-4 boiled eggs (depending on how much beans you have) which are then scrambled into a mix pinto and lentils beans
+some milk for those dere fat/protien gains

gets me enough energy to power through my workout + 30 min cardio

is chicken worth the $$$? im thinking about adding it to my diet too

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.aicr.org/2015/10/09/study-vegetarian-meatloaf-just-as-satisfying-and-a-bonus-for-cancer-prevention/
ibcmt.com/2009-03-16-EffectsOfDietaryCholesterolOnSerumCholesterol-PaulHopkins.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

For chicken, it depends. Just calculate how much you pay your chicken and how many prots it have. Then do it with frozen fish and protein powder, you'll have your answer. But basically powder is cheaper.

>processed carbs
>butter
>eggs
>non-skim milk

sure is healthy in here

Why is a bagel with butter and eggs a healthy breakfast? That's typical SAD

I like a good bowl of whole grains and fruits for breakfast

Steel cut oats + dark cherries dates
Toasted buckwheat + figs and dried apricots
Popped amaranth + raisins and pumpkin seeds

Also been making PB&J type sandwiches with that Ezekiel cinnamon-raisin bread, natty peanut butter, and instead of jelly I buy frozen cherries and raspberries, thaw them out, and puree them in a food processor to spread atop the peanut butter

>falling for the eggs is bad meme
>implying bagels are bad
>implying milk is bad
>implying butter is bad
oy vey

So this is a "make up your own definition of healthy" thread

Might I suggest tumblr?

please enlighten me how those things are unhealthy

especially eggs

Saturated fat and cholesterol aren't good for you

1 buck each. Protein, fiber, carbs

I eat this when bulking or cheating. Best of both worlds.

what you are doing is called shitposting, please grow up

dietary cholesterol does not have a large impact on your cholesterol levels

fats are important to daily functions especially as a man who wants to actually produce testosterone, unless you eat peanuts 24/7 I doubt you get all your fats from unsaturated

Replace some meat in your diet with lentils

blog.aicr.org/2015/10/09/study-vegetarian-meatloaf-just-as-satisfying-and-a-bonus-for-cancer-prevention/

I'm not replacing my tuna bagel with a lentil bagel

and just replying with meme's backed by nothing except that fruits and veggies is good is productive?

>dietary cholesterol does not have a large impact on your cholesterol levels

It does when you eat 4 eggs worth, and it also increases the cholesterol-raising ability of saturated fats like the butter you're spreading on your bagel. Don't get your nutrition advice from amateur bloggers.

>used to believe all fats were bad for you so i tried my best to avoid them at all costs
>lean as fuck and always have energy
>come to fit
>LOL U NEED FATS U PLEB ENJOY YOUR NOTEST
>start eating lots of fats
>lose tons of definition, get a pouch of fat on my stomach that is impossible to get rid of, always lethargic

At least I have test now r-right?

>eggs and dairy are healthier than mcdonalds and pizza

most the time I eat 2 eggs, I only go up to 4 on some days
you could also get rid of the yolk too I guess

TIL I was vastly underestimating what 4 eggs will do
>always eat carbs
>start adding more fats
>energy goes through the roof and lifts improve
>horny all the time
git gud

I was eating tons of peanuts + drinking lots of milk at that point of my life

If your carbs came from things like bagels, I can see why you felt better

>le lets pretend its the 1970s again ecks dee upvot pls
Are you even trying to be funny anymore?

Come on now. Just let this meme die. Forcing it is cringy and not worth the extra effort.

pasta, rice, beans, etc nice try though

>pic
I guess its time to start buying peanuts again

The previous poster is correct. Dietary Cholesterol and blood Cholesterol are not necessarily related.

Carb intake is what needs to be avoided if you're worried about bad blood Cholesterol levels.

Literally nothing wrong with eggs, milk, butter, or moderate consumption of grains.

The figure you posted refutes your post.

Body physiologically adapts cholesterol influx and efflux mechanisms, depending on mean intake of dietary cholesterol, in order to maintain regular blood cholesterol concentrations.

I don't understand this "you're from the 1970s" meme when these things are still accepted by major health authorities today.

what's a healthy number of scoops?

>The previous poster is correct. Dietary Cholesterol and blood Cholesterol are not necessarily related.

They certainly are

ibcmt.com/2009-03-16-EffectsOfDietaryCholesterolOnSerumCholesterol-PaulHopkins.pdf

>Carb intake is what needs to be avoided if you're worried about bad blood Cholesterol levels.

By what mechanism do carbs (all carbs?) raise LDL cholesterol? Fiber, a type of carb, actually lowers cholesterol.

Apparently not, since you see increases in blood cholesterol when eating dietary cholesterol.

Is this good while cutting? I'm not really good with nutrition.

Hey, I'm working harder to get fit and something clicked in me where I don't really care about food anymore. I don't enjoy junk food as much, and good food just seems sort of like fuel. I mean it still has to taste okay, I'm not going to be eating dog food or anything, but food just seems like something I need to put in me and that's it.

I'm cutting and I'm wondering what I can eat that's easy rather than making chicken every day. I saw a post up above that says powder is cheaper to get your daily protein anyway.

Is eating a few salads a day and some protein shakes good enough? My sedentary TDEE is 2500 and I've found myself having to remember to eat to get above 1200 and get some protein. I'd like to aim for 1500 calories a day (which also leaves room for occasional cheat meals with the family, if they want to go out to a restaurant on the weekend).

Do you have any recommendations for what type of powder to buy? I've never bought anything like that. Textures probably matter to me more than taste, if that's important.