Anyone use this?

Friend just gave me level 1, 1.5 and 2.

Is it a meme or what?

Is it a meme? What are you actually asking. Are you asking if they work?

>current year
>not knowing what a meme is
TOP CHORTLE

I'm well aware what a meme is. It's idiots who use the word improperly that I don't understand.

I use them. I have an adjustable one up to 90lbs

I switch daily between 3x12 @70lbs and 5x6 @90lbs each hand. Daily I do 3x60sec. contractions @90lbs.

I've been able to up the resistance since I started and pretty soon I'm gonna be buying another so I can do heavier squeezes so I guess it's working. I'm a handlet though so every bar is a thick bar and I need all the grip strength I can get.

>tfw thumbs are to short to do hook grip

dang, bro, are you me? i'm stalling on my deadlift because my grip sucks. small hands fucking suck. i tried hook grip and while i could sort of manage it, it wasn't great and i still couldn't hold tight

They work for improving crushing grip strength. For static grip strength the effects aren't as huge.

what if you close it and hold? similar to doing static holds with dumbbells, no?

No, because your static hold position for DBs (or on the bar) is very different to the position you're in with the gripper closed.

If I do these, will I be able to crush people's hands when I give them a handshake?

I used something similar to improve my finger strength for guitar. It works

>tfw know the rest of your body is capable of pulling so much more weight but you can feel the bar slipping out of your hands when it passes your knees

It's worth pointing out in my experience it was a carryover to deadlift because of the "feel" of stronger hands and forearms. There's something to be said for the mental aspect of touching a deadlift and just feeling like you'll get it. But I agree, hanging from a pullup bar, farmer's walks, these things carryover more

They work, it's just you will never ever need the level of finger strength you can get to with these for anything. Can close #3, so I would know

Christ, that's a monster grip.

Oh man you really should rest your shit. You WILL get tendinitis. Treat it like any other muscle and give it rest time.
Google it, EVERYONE talking about these stresses this.

I guess, I think anyone could work up to it honestly, just takes effort and time like anything else. Could also close #1 from beginning, so I may have had a bit of a leg up, but not that much

Iron Mind still does certifications for people able to close a #3. Its not international elite anymore with the 3.5 and 4s out there but its still notable.

thats called a negative and it targets the same muscles as when you close it quickly

how did you evade injuries while training with these? When I use them after a couple months I start getting pain in my right tendon

they are a meme.

unless you want to crush stuff don't bother

these won't help your grip with deadlift since its different then holding a bar.

if you want to increase grip for deadlift, do static holds and farmers walks.

tl;dr its a meme

i have a trainer and a sport one
pretty sure trainer is below 1

getting pretty easy to close 1 now so i might go up

>Is it a meme or what?

Nah user, it's a product that can be purchased with currency.

My hands used to peel off while doing dead lifts but these things definitely helped with grip strength

Welcome to Veeky Forums. Get your tech support from /b/.

yeah it may not help impress your fellow blahas at the gym but who gives a fuck these things give you massive forearms which is what the bitches care about

Oh god no, fuck these things. You can seriously fuck your hands up like this. Deadlift more, or just switch to a grip with your thumb under your fingers olympic style, don't do this shit

How can i injure myself

Yes

>Needing finger strength for guitar

Son your technique is whack, and you're heading one a first class, one way ticket to tendinitis city.

IT's fucking kills boredom