instagram.com/p/BF8BrJrG1h1/
instagram.com/p/BF7b9V-BHtC/?taken-by=jonsteinhaur
youtube.com/watch?v=AvrzgKsRnJ0
instagram.com/p/BF9BXF-HeXs/
instagram.com/p/BF80T1CHeUl/
instagram.com/p/BFXfjfHneaY/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

when doing jerks for reps do u guys breath in rack and/or when bar overhead

i tried not breathing when bar was racked during my shit sesh yesterday and it made them less tiring. tech was even more crappy than normal tho but i think thats just general fatigue

question for you that train with a trainer/at a federation affiliated club/etc:
do you also do deads/squats/bench as part of your training? I mean what the coach tells you to do, not what you do in your spare time.

I want to train super total but there's no powerlifting clubs where I live. I realize I can train alone in a commercial gym but I'd rather use olimpic equipment and have a trainer, you feel me?

When do you start to get faster :/

I spent first 2 months with a coach, and he made me do only the main lifts and their pulls/variations, back/front squat, push press and core/lower back work.

When i asked if i could do bench, he said that its ok if done like once a week or two, but even then it will make shoulders more stiff (and i agree). He thought that pulls are more important than deads, atleast for a beginner + deads are hard to recover from

Opinions on bulgarian method for squats for say a couple months? With a 120kg 1RM.

I've seen a quite a few people say they have added 30kg in a couple months and thats starting at a higher squat like 140kg?

I don't have access to a coach right now and I'd like to build my squat strength, so I'd only be squatting and maybe pressing 2x week.

with a 120 1rm you can do pretty much whatever and still get loads of progress, bulgarian is stupid unless you're gonna do it properly and even then its still p stupid. just do texas method or something

breath in while the bar is racked.do you not breath after recovering from the clean and before jerking?

When the cable pully is too light for your triceps.

instagram.com/p/BF8BrJrG1h1/

Approach them and say your goal is super total not just oly, they may not think it optimum but a decent coach will still be able to program it

yeah but I guess oly gyms don't usally have a bench and a squat rack do they? that's going to be a problem.

What's your bw? Unless your like a 53 woman you don't need daily maxing to get the best from your squat, 120 isnt very big

What? Squatting is a huge part of weightlifting just squat from stands.

Also, most oly gyms will have a bench because they are fairly.frequently programmed by oly.lifters, it's a bit of meme that no one does them

i do but jerk reps give an extra opportunity to breathe
i was just crs

I do a normal weightlifting program, pulling heavy at least once a training cycle and benching once a week. I find that's enough, twice a week bench may help a bit more with one session being lighter.

Geordil always used to advocate bench for lockout

I'd say strict press.

oh, right. sorry I've only ever been in a commercial gym, I should've specified I'm an utter beginner.

what if I use a squat stand with the barbell on the safety rails (or lowered j cup) and an ye olde gym bench?
>inb4 decapitation

Squat stand has no safeties

Mist oly gyms will have a bench press. Much more likely that than having an old wooden bench like that. Unless you live in China or Russia the gyms don't look like that. Western Olympic lifting gyms are just gyms with platforms usually.

>or Russia
heh. pretty close. Romania. there are NO powerlifting gyms in the capital, only a few ones scattered throughout the country. there are also NO oly gyms, save for the oly section of (state) sports federations.

the only thing that comes close to a real oly gym where you could also do PL would be crossfit boxes.

I am eating, gaining weight, sleeping enough but texas method and normal LP just does not work for me?

72kg

Yeah just do linear progression you should be able to get that squat alot higher

garbage from last bread

instagram.com/p/BF7b9V-BHtC/?taken-by=jonsteinhaur

>normies are impressed by this
baka senpai

Kuya is still alive

I have tried and tried but I cant without my form breaking down and going to shit.

Well what makes you think Bulgarian would help then?

>bench will make your shoulders stiff

When will this meme die?

I'd argue bench, weighted dips, or push press.
Press is usually more limited by your shoulders and traps/serratus than your triceps... at least for people who do the three lifts above - as the load they have for your triceps is much higher than in the OHP (and closegrip bench or dips have pretty much the same range of motion for elbow extension, if not more).

Never post that guy here again

Did a sweet jerk PR today. 120kgx2. here is the video so you can mock me

split wide skeletor

you tight rope every time

Very explosive, good job.

If you start to get deeper in the split, you'd manage to jerk more weight.
For the second jerk, keep the shin more vertical by splitting with the front leg a bit more.

And try to keep your torso a bit more vertical during the dip down.
And move your "head" through once the bar is up, so that the bar stays on top of your upperback.

It literally does tho
>inb4 you post a vid of a russian benching
It's never incorporated into their actual routine, they just do it for fun

>It literally does tho

Getting stronger will make everything stiffer.
That's why you stretch and do mobility.

It's not a specific characteristic of benching.

Trappy what do you think of Mart Seim?

ye it does make my chest and shoulders tight
you need to get that head through and use your upper back more on lockout

Split diagonally and make your front shin vertical too
yeah but weightlifters dont need a strong chest

The stiffness you get from benching isnt worth the non specific gains

Way to generalise

It's not massively typical but for example, lovchev benches as part of his program, not just for fun.

>The stiffness you get from benching

Just stretch and do mobility?

>weightlifters dont need a strong chest

Upper chest, anterior delts, and triceps are pretty major for weightlifting senpai.
Sure you can get all of that from other exercises... which will also make you stiffer.

I don't watch much SHW, so I don't know much about him.

thanks for the tips. appreciate it

Unless you don't have a life besides lifting and you're on roids for increased recovery time I wouldn't recommend benching to any weightlifter....

It's hot and humid here now

not very pleasant

i go outside and feel sick and unmotivated because of the dang heat

and my grip slips even though i'm using chalk

I hate summer -__-

Going to hit back squat PR WISH ME LUCK LADS

I lift in my back yard in south Texas and it's nothing but humidity and mosquitoes. It's the worst.

Daily reminder spicy Chinese and Thai food are the key to snatching 180kg

It is unspecific strength training, so there are methodologies that would argue it's not as useful.

Don't you have any straps and portable fans?

Do you have any tips

I have straps and maybe fans in the basement.

But i know i'm not supposed to use straps all the time

Gonna go search for fans before afternoon training today

Deal with it lad, I used to lift 6 hours a day in an open aired gym during the hot shanghai summer

:^(

You think I forgot?
You don't even deserve to save pics of Rika

: ^)

alright i'm deleting all of my pics of her now i swear

Get used to it. After awhile you kinda enjoy it. Also have a towel handy or something to clean up sweat cause my bar tends to slip a lot.

So do you only watch the twink classes?

She watches old 105 comps involving klokov on repeat

Hit a 20kg PR on my back squat and it was virtually a pause at the bottom.

youtube.com/watch?v=AvrzgKsRnJ0

Clarence's toes come off the ground during the ascent here. Is the weight on his heels or the midfoot and he's just lifting the toes?

Clarence is an estatter and fakes his lift and uses women's bar for more bar whip to make things look heavier he's a total faggot

Weight is (supposed to) always be over midfeet during the squat senpai.
For it to go to your heels you would have to get the bar out of position.

105 and 77 are my fav
Though I like watching 94 just to see Ilya's lifts, and old 85s to see Dimas.

Oh, and women's 48 :^)

Those are the best yes.

these fags just announced they're getting married

bar whip?
thats not what he asked you dumb slut

you jelly?

That's just reflex senpai.

just learned how to squat i think

i have trouble keeping the bar on my traps tho

you're deacending too slow. drop inro the hole as fast as you can (yoyre a weightliftwr, the key is SPEED). should be less than 500milliseconds..
go lowbar
it buildsmore strength, especially in the hips which has better carryover to your pull = lift more weights in sn and clean and jerk

why?

It's just someone shitposting.

Ignore it.

why?

!ChHPL49Sk2

Just a reminder...

Wew lads, hitting all kinds of PRs lately. Been really grinding away at push presses and focusing on getting a lot of boom out of the power position. Hit 315 on hip hang clean today, best clean off the floor before this training phase was only 305#. Looking forward to transferring gains into the full lifts.

315 hip hang clean:

instagram.com/p/BF9BXF-HeXs/

305x2 push press

instagram.com/p/BF80T1CHeUl/

Oh, and got this little ditty awhile back

370#x1 btn jerk:

instagram.com/p/BFXfjfHneaY/

Who else here PRcrew?

what is a hip hang clean vs a hang clean

>pounds
didnt read

Starting at the hip instead of around the knees

sorry m8, I just like memes

Hang clean would have his shoulders in front of the bar (hips unlocked), in the actual power position. The bar would be lower "down at the knees".

His "hip hang clean" was simply unlocking at the knees with a small dip, kinda like a push press or jerk. The bar was higher up in the upper thighs or "hips".

Very strong lifts, good job.

Great squat senpai!

Is it because of where you're putting it on, or because of shifts in torso angle when going up?

I already knew you were ignorant about oly lifting (not sure about your general programming) but that post just proves the point. Upper body work can be helpful to some lifters however there are many who do none or next to none.

Excellent uneducated post, good job.

Basic knowledge. Uneducated is the shit you spew because you have a false sense of importance because you spam webm's all day instead of actually lifting. Come back when you post your numbers and maybe somebody might take you seriously.

Explain how weightlifters don't train upperbody when jerking and snatching inherently involve upperbody.
And I'm not even talking about spinal erectors and lats, which are also used in every single competition lift.

Speaking of...

Trappy you ever post that webm of you doing a muscle up?

>inherently involve upperbody.

not according to you a few months back

lmaooo

>not according to you a few months back

That's something I've never claimed, but I'm sure you're gonna post proof that I said that. Right?
Enjoy spending hours in the archive looking for something that doesn't exist.

You could at least ask for my max squat or C&J or snatch... a muscle up is so unimpressive and barely even requires proper strength. It's mostly just technique, which isn't even that hard to learn.

from unrack it feels not right

besides snatch and jerk i dont do any upper body strength work really

So what you're telling me when you read my post saying that some lifters don't do upper body work, you assumed that I meant those lifters don't clean jerk and snatch? If you aren't trolling and didn't understand my obvious implication meaning accessory work such as benches or push presses, that is quite sad.

So you can do a perfect technique muscle up is what you're saying?

This I have to see!

yeah but trappy was talking about people who actually lift

can we see your max squat for the max booty camera angle?

The point is that the snatch and jerk train your upperbody. You can't "not do upperbody" if you snatch and specially if you jerk.

Not perfect, but I can do it.
Lmao is this now supposed to be impressive?

agreed, there's no way you can hold 200+ lbs above your head if your arms are too weak. i dont care how powerful your jerk is

Stop samefagging pls trappy. Not using caps doesn't make it any more believable.

jesus those posts were close together

Wrong quote

this doesn't make us twins and no i won't be your boyfriend

damn 4 seconds between posts. You really are syncing posting from your phone and computer like a champ aren't you?