/routine general/

Previous thread >t-thanks boogie spam edition

Check out our new sticky!
>fitsticky.com/

>Novice Programs & Routine tips (Rep Ranges, Volume, Frequency, etc)
fitsticky.com/novice-programs/

>Intermediate Programs
fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs/

>How to perform the Main Lifts
fitsticky.com/how-to/

I'll be helping everyone as much as possible

Other urls found in this thread:

fitsticky.com/texas-method
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hG1LGKxTHftDpxgiBU135IA4ruV_iKKh-IpdyhDA5jg/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=W92SdAZptHY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Let's go ice skating in brazil :)

Btw all I do is swim will I still have a groovy body trip traps?

is the standard 3 day a week texas method enough to drive strength and hypertrophy in the upper body? i mean shit. I did 3 sets of bench press this week, and a light weight at that. That's it. I feel like there's no way im gonna gain anything doing that little volume a week.

What would happen if I'd drop flat bench and started doing incline

You'd lift less weight.

Which version of it are you doing?

Depends on your diet senpai.

High protein and in a caloric deficit + only swimming. Would I end up skinny fat?

Unless your goal is to lose weight, you shouldn't be on a caloric deficit for swimming.

If you're not overweight, eat more and swim with frequency, or you won't see much results.

I'm 17% bf. About 40% muscle.
That's a really hot gif btw. Do you look like gif related?

X: 1x20 Push Ups, 4xF Push Ups, 1x20 Dips, 3xF Dips, Plank for as much as I can
Y: 4xF Assisted Pistol Squats
Z: 1xF Chin Ups, 4x10 Inclined bench dumbbell rows. 4x10 Bicep curls.
C (cardio): 30 minutes jump rope
XCYCZC
no rest days, unless you consider cardio rest days, which I do.
My goals are 4x12 Pistol Squats, 5x20 Push Ups and 4x20 Dips.
Rate, and also, should I increase my core workout (Planks) to more than once every 6 days or is it ok?

>which version of it are you running
just the standard one from practical programming on page 118

i was/am doing a sort of condensed 5/3/1 since i only have time for 2 gym sessions per week
day 1 : ohp 5/3/1, DL 5/3/1, kettle swings 3x20, face pulls 5x10, standing btn press 3x10
day 2 : bench press 5/3/1, squats 5/3/1, clean and jerks 10x1, db bench 3x10

on top of that i do core and pullups at home
i will be switching to a more regular 5/3/1 soon now that ill have time to hit the gym 4x per week, so considering what i do now and that ill be splitting the workouts into 4 days, what would you add
>ohp 2x70kg, dl 2x180kg, bench 3x100kg, squat 5x115kg / 181cm 99kg (yes im pretty fat atm, dont care, need to get back to my pr shape)

I want to do Madcow but I don't want to do rows. Can I do chin ups instead? Also I don't want to do the acessories they recommend (hypers, sit-ups, etc.). What can I do instead?

Trappy how much do I have to pay to talk to you on Skype

Power cleans and power snatches.

Chinups
Hanging leg raises

Just make a wechat acc and I'll add you senpai.

Yeah I'd probably add some chinups or stuff like that as accessory after the main lifts.

Why only work each muscle group once per week?

squats 3x5
ohp 3x6-8
db bench 3x6-8
dips 3s
shoulder accessories
abs

dl 2x4-6
weighted pullups 3s
rowing movement 3s
bicepcs 2s

squats 1x5
db shoulder press 3x8
close grip bench 4x3-6
shoulder accessories
abs

calisthenics day at home on rings

abxcxdx
seems fine? primary goal is to hit 2plaet ohp

>Why only work each muscle group once per week?

Why shouldn't I? Every one of my workouts is really tiring, even the leg day with just one exercise, and I don't think going PPLxPPL or PPLPPLx with cardio after every workout really suits me, because my goals are to take it a step at a time, from not working out to consistently breaking a sweat. Also, are core exercises important in the beginning or should I postpone them for after I will have already built some muscle? Should I maybe increase them?

what are your thoughts on using doubles for TM volume day for squats as in lascek's ebook and how would i implement it in my training? it is only briefly glossed over and i'd like some more detail on it. i asked in the other thread but got no answer. i have enough mass on my quads already and any more is going to make my gymnastic goals very difficult if not impossible. as i understand it, using doubles will result in minimal mass gain.

No one is talking about PPLPPLx

Are you just working out to feel exhausted, or are you training to reach a goal?

>are core exercises important in the beginning

Depends on what your goal is.

>Why shouldn't I?
because its fundamentally ineffective for naturals. if you're on roids ask in fraud general.

its a well established fact that naturals need to hit every muscle group at least twice a week for growth beyond beginner stage. your body will forgive you for training like a retard when you are starting out, but if you continue bad practices (training once per week) after you've exhausted your newbie potential, you'll stall fast and basically never progress beyond a certain point.

With three sets a week you aren't going to get the results you expect, but you are on a Rip routine so I'm not sure what you expected.

>Core exercises ever not important

Don't fall for the "squats and deads are enough for abs" meme.

Being healthy and at a lower bodyfat % are my goals desu, so I guess my goal could be considered ottermode, but I'm not really rushing it since I'm still really young. I think this boils down to working out to feel exhausted and I'm not ashamed of it

For a novice program, would it make sense to replace bench with DB bench but with the same rep scheme?

I'm not even doing weightlifting senpai apart from isolation, also it's not about the abs, since I guess I am at 20~% bf, it's about core strength and not being injured, at least these are my goals. Should I do core exercises yes or naw?

I just realised you were talking about upperbody, not upperback.

Take a look at some of the examples on fitsticky.com/texas-method (I prefer Pendlay's old method of doing intensity OHP and/or Front Squat on the Light day, but this doesn't work well for everyone)

The example on Page 118 is simply a basic template.
But in any case, you should also bench on the off days during the Week 2 on Rip's basic template. Just do it with lighter weights or variations, and after the main stuff.

No. For what purpose? It will only make progression harder.

If you don't have any actual training goal then just do whatever you find fun and lets you be consistent with it.

guys

did sheiko and I LOST STRENGH wtf is wrong with me

yes I ate like a motherfucker and yes sleeping properly

Which program?
What are your numbers and bw?

doing SS phase 1

i don't want to do power cleans

riptits mentioned (not sure what edition) doing pullups/chinups instead of power cleans, essentially alternating deadlifts with chins/pulls

is that acceptable?

Chinups/pullups are added to the program after the power clean.

If you don't want to learn to power clean, just do lighter deadlifts. See pic related as an example.

Trappy do you have a Skype or whatsapp or line or kik or snapchat?

well, firstly there are no citations there and secondly it doesn't talk about rest times, sets, or any other info, which sadly is exactly what i was looking for.

i am talking specifically about TM part 1. lascek mentions using 5s for general strength training, 3s for those interested in raw strength and doubles for those interested in remaining within a certain weight class, all on volume day. what i was asking was how to program doubles into volume day, how doubles might change the progression of volume day when it is necessary, and any other things that i might need to know, given that pretty much all literature on the TM talks about either 3 or 5 reps per set on volume day.

wechat

strengtheory.com/hypertrophy-range-stats-adjustments/

This is my PPL routine right I'm planning on doing starting Monday. It is P/P/L/P/P/L/R

The Bench Press || OHP means that on the first push day I will do bench heavy and OHP light, then switch it up on the next push day that week.

Any suggestions Trappy?

template for 3 days, large load

bw: 88
squat: 150 kilo
bp: 85 kilo
didly: 150 kilo
(female)

went to check my maxes on last weeks and barely could do squats with 130-70-120

wtf seriously

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hG1LGKxTHftDpxgiBU135IA4ruV_iKKh-IpdyhDA5jg/edit?usp=sharing

Is there a reason to not progress on the chinups like on any other lift of the big three? And i mean generally not just SS.

>Any suggestions Trappy?

Stop doing PPLPPLx and start a good program instead.
No one wants to hear this though.

If you want examples of PPL splits I'd recommend, check fitsticky.com/texas-method

Might just be fatigue accumulation. Most people prefer the medium load.
Did you inflate your maxes? Did you finish the whole cycle, aka tested your maxes at the end of #32v2?

Not a competition lift.
But many programs have Weighted Chinup progression, SS included.
If you're doing something customisable like TM, you can just add it in. See examples on fitsticky.com/texas-method

>trips

just to be clear, you mean to deadlift at 80-90% instead of the powercleans as phase 2? (with no accessories yet)

>Might just be fatigue accumulation. Most people prefer the medium load.
>Did you inflate your maxes? Did you finish the whole cycle, aka tested your maxes at the end of #32v2?

pretty rare because I felt fresh as fuck and did the program line by line

nope, in fact I used conservative maxes (not even my maxes, at the end of TM I can do 2 reps with those maxes)

dont know trappy this routine was a complete disaster and yes I tested new maxes at the end of everything just like the program says

what can I do?

Yeah i know it is not a competition lift but if you look at most programs they use some sort of clever progression scheme on the big three and maybe row. And i want to know if there is a reason for chinups being just an accessory you do 3x8 at the end. I mean is it dangerous to do three rep maxes with chinups for example?

trappy pls post the girls booty lifting routine

well, fuck. can i take this to mean that my quads will inevitably grow too large and curb my gymnastic goals early, then? this doesn't seem likely, since oly lifters and other weight class constrained strength athletes have muscle size which is proportionally small to their incredible strength.

so i suppose my question now becomes: is there a way for me to prevent my quads from growing excessively on the texas method, because my gymnastic goals are as important to me as my strength goals are, and with large legs those goals become unbelievably more difficult.

Yes, but you can just add the chinups/pullups as well. The point of not adding them initially with the power cleans, is because it takes some time to learn how to PC properly.

Keep in mind 80-90% is of the weight you use for 5 reps on the other days, not your 5RM.
And start with something closer to 80% and add 2kg on every workout. If it gets to 90% faster than your progression with the regular DL, deload the light DL separately.
If you find 3 sets is too exhausting, you can do less sets.

Hm, I see.

It's unlikely that you actually lost strength. It's probably just fatigue accumulated. You might feel fine, but it can still affect your performance in the gym.
So trying a lighter peaking cycle for a couple of weeks and testing your maxes again at the end of it might show you better results.
But this would of course, require more time. If you feel it's really not fatigue (I have no idea as I haven't been following your training), just jump in another program.

Training without a coach is a lot of trial and error senpai. If this didn't work, try something else. Medium load, the advanced program, C6W, Nuckols, etc...
I can't really help much because I didn't follow your training and don't have any idea about the details.
And different stuff works differently for different people.

There are plenty of strength programs out there with chinup progression senpai, you just haven't been looking in the right places.
No there's no reason. It's not dangerous. It's just not a competition lift, so you don't see it often when looking at competition-specific programs.

thank you trappy, maybe I'll try something different with less volumen-higher intesid c6w and had a similar problem at the end of the cycle

will report back

I feel like DB press is a more complete exercise. Works more muscle and as a result has more carry over to athleticism.

How much did you weigh before and after starting the program?

no offence trappy-chan, i say this to help you and the integrity of these threads, but who are you to be advising on anons' routines like this? if you were mark rippetoe or something, people could trust you, but i am just genuinely curious as to who you are what makes you qualified to dish out advice. because, and i'm sure you'd rather i say it than not say it, but the fact you are a transgender guy/girl only makes me think that you are trapmode and are telling others how to train based on book smarts.

again, no offence intended, just trying to work things out here.

before: 85
now:88

are rdl and chins enough for back development

What's your wechat? Or should I give u mine for obvious reasons

A
>dumbbell clean and press 5x5 ramping
>speed deadlifts 5x3
>barbell ohp lockouts from forehead 2x5

B
>Dumbbell clean and press 3x 10,8,6
>dumbbell snatch 5x2
>chinups 5 x max

C
>Complex (5 sets) - cleanx2, front squat x1, push press x1, squat x4, behind the neck thruster x1
>50 weighted pushups
>farmers walks 2 loops of the gym
>wrist curls 2 sets

youtube.com/watch?v=W92SdAZptHY
Skip to 53:00

>I feel

Yeah, try something different from what you've tried already.

Good luck senpai.

I'm in medschool
I have worked in a biomechanics lab for a while (though it wasn't very sport specific)
I've been working as a part-time strength/PL coach in my gym since oct 2015. I've been helping people on Veeky Forums when it comes to training every day nonstop for nearly as long.
I train weightlifting myself. I'm not exceptional at it, but I do ok. I'm currently 2kg away from 2xbw squat and 1.5xbw C&J.
I have and still am reading and researching a lot about everything when it comes to training. So far I've read almost all the major books when it comes to training, programming, biomechanics and physiology.
I constantly discuss and exchange opinions with more experienced coaches (some big names even), and I'm always reading articles, posts, and interviews by more experienced coaches.
I spend a lot of time discussing and exchanging opinions and ideas with athletes, and learning from their experiences.
I have written quite a lot of indepth original content for Veeky Forums. There are some screencaps in the website in the OP.

I love this and spend almost all of my free time talking about, writing about, helping people with, and learning more about strength training and sports.

I'm not the most intelligent, experienced, or knowledgeable person ever when it comes to all of this, but I put in a lot of time and critical thinking into learning more and getting better at it.

Depends on your goal and level of advancement.

Just post your username and I'll add you.

>I love this and spend almost all of my free time talking about, writing about, helping people with, and learning more about strength training and sports.
>I'm not the most intelligent, experienced, or knowledgeable person ever when it comes to all of this, but I put in a lot of time and critical thinking into learning more and getting better at it.

I'm I FUCKING LOVE YOU GIRL!!!

oh, well that's actually a very nice thing to read. props to you. and thank you by the way for all your hard work and effort in helping us on Veeky Forums with our problems, i have asked a fair few question in your threads that i didn't know where else to look for and you helped me out, and i'm not the only one. yes people hate and shit but the threads are a very good service on Veeky Forums and i'd say one of the few generals that are worth following.

iceylane is my username :)

Been lifting for about a year, on and off. Still beginner tier lifts, but I want to focus more on upper body. How is this routine?

A

Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Weighted pullup 5x5

B

Deadlift 1x5
Press 5x5
Row 5x5
Weighted dip 3xF

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

most useless general on Veeky Forums

just fucking google

good. if you want to focus more on upper body, throwing in a few lighter sets of 3x12 close grip bench press and curls or something then you could do that, too. start low and add one exercise at a time, let your body get used to it. do the cgbp on A and the curls on B. don't bother about moving heavy weights, just get a pump with these exercises. ab work also doesn't hurt. knee raises, leg raises, L-sits, weighted crunches, are all good

lol, no. this is like QTDDTOT: routine edition, except questions are actually answered here (which would take hours of wading through google searches only to turn up empty handed or with some half-related post on tnation)

Thanks. My arms are tiny so this is a good idea

Push press 3x5
Push press 3x10
Pullup 5x10
V-up 5x0

Deadlift 3x3
Deadlift 5x10
Pullup 5x10
V-up 5x0

Benchpress 3x5
Benchpress 3x10
Pullup 5x10
V-up 5x0

Squat 3x5
Squat 5x10
Pullup 5x10
V-up 5x10

1RM:

Push press 90
Squat: 160
Bench: 130
Deadlift: 230

In kilokgrams you faggot

Oh, and it's M/T/REST/THURS/FRI

Doing pic related. Not sure how to program though.
Should I just add 2.5kg every week to squat/deadlift and 1 to bench/ohp and deload whenever I miss a rep?

>Keep in mind 80-90% is of the weight you use for 5 reps on the other days, not your 5RM

on the other days, won't I be progressing on the DL to my 5RM (5 rep max, i believe)? or put another way, what's the difference between the "5 reps on other days" vs the 5RM?

>with regards to the 3 day texas method upper body volume

do you think just adding in a fourth day that focuses on volume would suffice in addition to doing the 3 day program? I'm thinking of just lifting upper body saturdays

I meant 1RM*, sorry.

Yeah that can be useful if you're not doing much volume on the ID.

ty senpai

Do OHP before the DL.
Switch 5x5 for 3x5 and add accessories. See pic related I'm not a fan of the "1 lift per day" approach. I prefer having some bench on press days, some squats on deadlift days, and so on.
Frequency is very important for more advanced lifters.

But if this is working for you so far, then sure.

Look at the examples at the bottom of this page fitsticky.com/texas-method

>Do OHP before the DL.

Yeah I've already decided to do the presses before the leg exercises. (You didn't mention doing bench before squat - is there a reason I shouldn't do that?)

P-please respond, I'm going to bed soon

you are a degenerate and i can't wait until the race war starts and somebody beheads you .

You can do that as well. In fact many people prefer that.

>race war
>brazil

lmao

they dont need a race war for that to happen in brazil. to be honest im surprised they even have internet there.

Trappy can you help me ? I'm doing a routine that will help me get a huge chest. I just added two chest exercices to this shitty routine I just made. Can you help me make it better ? It's 3 days a week.

CHEST//BICEPS

- Bench Press 4x5-8
- Incline BP 4x5-8
- Incline DB Press 4x5-8
- Cable flyes 3x10
- Preacher Curls 4x10
- DB curls 4x10

LEGS//SHOULDERS

- Squat 4x5-8
- Leg Press 4x10
- Leg extensions 4x10
- OHP 4x10
- DB Press 4x10
- Lateral Raises 3x10
- Front Raises 3x10

BACK/TRICEPS (chest)

- Deadlift 4x5-8
- Bench 3x10
- Wide grip pulldown 4x10
- Sitted Rows 3x10
- Cable Flyes 3x10
- Cable triceps extensions FailureX10

Upper
Lower
x
x
Pwr
Cond
X

Upper main lifts are bench&row / ohp and w.pullups.
Lower main lift is obviously backsquat. Use some alternatives like front and paused from time to time.
Power day is basically oly lifts related. Clean, pushpresses or jerks and snatchs.
Conditioning day means some sort of deadlift or heavy carries (depends on what the Pwr day lifts and how heavy they were), some dedicated grip or other work, stabilizers work and general strenght endurance training.

Is there a PPL variation that has you squatting 3 times a week?

I've been doing SL for about 6 months and my upper body is lagging behind in terms of size despite adding accessories (pull-ups/chins/dips/curls) and that's really fucking bothering me.

So I want to switch to PPL for two reasons:
1)More upper body focus
2)I'll have the time to be in the gym 6 times a week this summer
However, I also want to squat some heavy ass weights.

What's a good routine for these goals?

fitsticky.com/texas-method

texas method style

day 1: volume, day 2: light, day 3: heavy
all 3 days not consecutive

A:
>BP 3x6
>Squat 3x5
>Pullups 4-6, 6-8, 8-10 and then unweighted xF
>Incline 4x8
>Push isolations

B:
>DL 1x5 + 1-2x8-12 / Power Cleans 5x3 when there are two B days in one week
>OHP 3x6
>Rows 3x8
>BB Curls 4x10
>Pull isolations

Monday: Muay Thai
Tuesday: A/B
Wednesday: Muay Thai
Thursday: A/B
Friday: Fuck you or cardio
Saturday: A/B
Sunday: Whatever I feel like. Athletics, skill training, cardio or sports

Throw in some cardio every now and then my gf wants to run with me.

>DL 440
>SQ 350
>BP 245
>OHP 190
>PU 19

I'm just starting up, and where I am I don't really have access to workout equipment (besides dumbells and an exercise ball)
Can someone suggest a routine?

Hey trappy, can I add you on wechat? I don't want to post my id here because it's my real name

Anyone goot a noob routine that doesn't involve presses/deadlifts/squats ? Benching is fine, I just don't want to put any pressure on my back for medical reasons (in b4 how I wouldn't if I had perfect form).

how heavy are your dumbbells?

which between starting strength or stronglifts is a better routine for me to get into your bed?

I'm a fatty trying to get skinny. Recently went to a personal trainer and he rocked my shit and told me to build endurance muscles to shock my muscles more and burn more calories

I basically run a basic greyskull lp with arms plug-in

30 min incline walk each day.

Monday
Bench/ or Press (A/B) 2x 5, 1 x 5+
Curl 2x 10-15 (bench days)
Squat 2x 5, 1x 5+
Pullups 2 x 6-8

Wednesday
Bench/ or Press 2x5, 1x 5+
Pullups 2 x 6-8
Deadlift 1x 5+ (with or without power cleans as warmups)

Friday
Bench/ or Press (A/B) 2x 5, 1 x 5+
Curl 2x 10-15 (bench days)
Squat 2x 5, 1x 5+
Pullups 2 x 6-8

I get that I have to increase the reps to x10 or so, however he told me to make new days for push, pulls , and legs.

Just wondering how I can implement a rep increase into my workout/ if I should even change my workout.

Your routine looks solid, especially if you're a beginner. If you're still making gains on Greyskull then keep it up - if it ain't broke don't fix it. Count your calories and focus in the gym and you'll make it.

Thanks!

If I wear a sweat shirt during incline walks am I just wasting time, or is it actually getting my heart rate up and burning significantly more calories?

No. Wear what feels comfortable, don't make changing your life one day at a time any harder than it has to be.

i am doing madcows 5x5 and try to add sccessoires for A: chest B:back, shoulders, A:triceps

AxBxAxx

A:
squat
bench
rows
+flys, incline with barbell and dumbbell, dumbbell flatbench

B:
squat
ohp
deadlift
+pullups, cable pulldowns, sitting ohp, lateral reises

A:
squat
bench
rows
+dips, skull crushers, cable push downs
cable rows

how wrong is this? what should i change? thanks

Are PPL routines (6 days a week) just a meme if you're natty?

Yes

A: squat 3x5, bench 3x5, ohp 3x5
B: dl 3x5, bentover row 3x5, pullups 2x8

y/n?

A
squat 3x5
bench 3x5
powerclean 5x3
pullup/chinup, alternating 4xf
ab wheel 3xf
machine curls 3x8
wristroller 3xf

B
squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
deadlift 1x5
dips 4xf
ab wheel 3xf
hammer curls 3x8
wristroller 3xf

i go 3 times a week so standard AxBxAXX then BxAxBxx

Novice here r8 my routine pls

A:
Pendlay Row 3x5
Benchpress 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Hammercurls 3x10

B:
Squats 3x5
OHP 3x5
Chinups 3x10 later 3x5 weighted
Dips 3x10 - later 3x5 weighted

Forgot to say 3 times a week alternating A and B

A1: squat 3x5, bench 3x5, ohp 3x5
B1: dl 3x5, bentover row 3x5, pullups 2x8

A2: squat 3x5, , ohp 3x5, bench 3x5
B2: bentover row 3x5, dl 3x5,, pullups 2x8

A1 B1 A2 B2 x A1 B1 better?

bumping this shit

I wanna do gslp 3x per week but dont have squat/power rack in gym. Is smith machine good for replacement for regular bb squat? If not which one is best for replacement and will not ruin the routine?

So for 4 days a row you hit your quads, hams, glutes and lower back (squat, deadlift, squat, deadlift). I hope you know how to vary intensity/volume and have a kickass recovery ability, or you will not makes gains for long.

A1 B1 x A2 B2 x x is max unless you really know the secret of programming