Veeky Forums I need to lose weight

Veeky Forums I need to lose weight.

The sticky is a big vague on it and it concentrates on nutrition instead of exercising.
I'm saving for a gym membership and in September I should be able to join but right now I don't have much money to go with. I wanna start at home, I don't have weights, only an old yoga mat.
I'm 1.75m
I weight 75kg

I'm not really fat and my body fat should be around 20-21%.
I do have quite some belly fat.

I eat three meals a day

>Breakfast
Coffee and milk with two or three tablespoons of sugar.

>Lunch
Various, usually Pasta with various sauces and red meat with a ton of Salad with just Salt, Oil and Lemon as dressing. Fruits like Oranges, Bananas and sometimes Apples. I also eat them as snacks.

>Dinner
Usually Red Meat with Salad or a Sandwitch.

I drink Sodas occasionally (Not everyday, but there have been moments where I drank a couple of glasses daily) and the occasional Whiskey or Beer when I go out.
I believe I drink something like 2lt of water a day.

Suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pmLpSY5w6u0
youtube.com/watch?v=9V9I1KbJvs0
healthyweightforum.org/eng/calculators/calories-required/
nutritiondata.self.com/
tdeecalculator.net
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's because nutrition is the majority of losing weight

>pasta with various sauces
>fruits
>sodas
>beer
found the problem

i know everyone calls it a meme diet but try intermittent fasting

Yes but I still have no idea of what to do.

Again, I drink beer maybe once every week also I haven't drank a Soda in like a month now.
What's wrong with fruits?

You're saying that I should I skip breakfast?

Nevermind I just realized you're baiting

I really am not

Its pretty simple, hard at first, but it pays off:

1st
>Cut A L L industrialized drinks. Sodas, juices, beers, whiskeys, etc. Drink ONLY water. Teas made at home and coffee both without sugar/milk are OK, aswell as an occasional NATURAL fruit juice without sugar.

2nd
>Cut A L L sugar and everything that has sugar (candies, most fruits, ice cream, etc), eat A LOT of vegetables, they are your best option

3rd
>Obviously exercise. You said at home, well, good for you, to lose weight your biggest friend is walking/running, so just walk, everyday walk, and when you start going to the gym, keep walking until you are in the desired shape.

Oh and also, very important

4th
>If you don't want to waste your time, DO NOT have those punk ass I-eat-what-I-want-on-weekends, that's for bitches

So I keep the Coffee and get rid of the Milk.

Is the change gonna affect my health in any way?

Also I don't eat ice cream and I do eat tons of veggies.

I do not see how cutting milk would affect your health..some people trying to bulk may drink it for protein but it has lots of fat, so for losing weight its necessary to cut it

Got it. Another question:

I've been reading/watching tons of HIIT stuff. How practical is it to do a 30 to 45 minute workout with bodyweight only and how does it compare with Running?

This fampai

No more sugar whatsoever.

Veggies and lean protein at every meal. Limit your grains but keep eating them. Think a bowl of oatmeal plus a banana per day.

>Intermitted fasting

Explain.

you can lose weight lifting, but for that, you have to eat VERY small quantities..if you do not want to feel hunger I'd recommend walking/running. Also eat more times a day with less quantities each.

Eat just under maintence like sticky says and do some HIIT everyday. Start working on form for squats with a broom or something so when you get to go to the gym at least you have that. Do two core exersices every day. Two sets of 20. You can YouTube those. Download JEFIT.

disagree. I went down to 12% percent by doing a brosplit, lifting ABx until everything hurt.
you burn calories throughout the day that way.

If you're on a tight budget don't blow your money on a gym membership.
Buy standard weight plates and dumbbell handles. You might find a good deal on craigslist.
Also a door mount pull up bar for like $20 a walmart or whatever.

Stop drinking your calories.
Drink your coffee black and eat real food for breakfast.
If you absolutely can't eat solid food in the morning drink nonfat milk with a scoop of protein powder.
Replace red meat with chicken.
Use a vinegar dressing for your salad instead of oil.
Cut out soda entirely, but if you can't, schedule the 2 days a week that you can drink 12oz of soda.
Drink more water. at least 2 glasses before every meal.

Is pasta responsible for belly fat or not?

I am pretty skinny but i have a bit of a big belly (not too much, but too much for abs) and i wonder if i have to cut pasta to lose it or not?

Why do I feel like this is op?
youtube.com/watch?v=pmLpSY5w6u0

Excess calories causes body fat.

Pasta contains calories.

So... yes, but then again so is all the not pasta you eat.

Count calories, eat 1500 a day for a few weeks. That's it.

calories in
calories out
nigga

Applies to OP too

>No more sugar whatsoever.
>Think a bowl of oatmeal plus a banana per day.

spotted the retard

This. Also cardio, even if it's just brisk walking for 20 minutes.

fitness blender HIIT
they have a tone of diffrent videos that go from 6 to 60 minutes so you can put together a playlist that fits what you want to do
youtube.com/watch?v=9V9I1KbJvs0

Dog... 75% of your diet is carbs. Sugar and yeast is carbs and you're having it with every meal. Energy in with no energy out.

1500 calories of carbs does not equal losing weight breh.

It does for people who are not dwarves

This is literally all you need to do.

Calculate what your intake should be and don't go below 1kg a week. That's healthy and extremely manageable. You can still eat shit if you want, just plan for it and track calories.

I found it hard to lose weight at first so I'd get a personal pizza from domino's instead of a large one. A personal pepperoni was like 600 calories and it fit perfectly in my diet at the time. It's better to do that than deprive yourself for too long and give in to a binge fest.

Eventually you do need to move away from foods like that, and it does get easier, but if you're just focused on losing weight and nothing else do that. Just keep an eye on the calories and NEVER go above your limit. It's easy to say you'll subtract it from another day but you'll already be running at minimum and you need those daily calories.

healthyweightforum.org/eng/calculators/calories-required/

Also, recalculate every other week or so. The more weight you lose the less calories you require. A lot of people do great but then stop losing and start gaining because they didn't do a simple recalculation. Also must stress again that you need to move away from junk foods and sodas to maintain a healthy weight. Of course ocassional junk meals are fine, but don't let them be a centrepiece of your diet.

Good luck OP.

GO BACK TO R9K

I've been walking incline for about 30 minutes every workout day. I'd wear a sweatshirt to increase heartrate because heart beats faster (I think).

>Get a personal trainer
>Tells me I'm just sweating out water
>Sweatswirt is spending a miniscule amount of calories and not worth it

Is this true?

Keto my nigga

You sound like me a year ago, so I'm going to tell you the answers.

>The sticky is a big vague on it and it concentrates on nutrition instead of exercising.
1) The sticky is not vague on it. Nutrition matters. Exercise is less important.

2) Your the amount of weight you lose is simple:

Calories Eaten - Calories Burned

Divide that number by 3700, to determine how many pounds you will lose/gain. A pound of fat is roughly 3700 calories. (or 8200 kilograms, I think).

3) You can estimate how many calories you burn in a normal day, by using various online calculators. Try several of them, and use the consensus. Most of the calories you burn will come from daily life, and not exercise.

4) Normal exercise won't burn very many calories, so it doesn't have a huge impact on your weightloss rate. A typical hour of intense exercise (for someone of normal weight and fitness level) will burn about 500 calories. Unless you're doing it for an hour a day, most of the weightloss will come from eating at a calorie deficit.

>I'm saving for a gym membership
You don't need a gym. You need a few basic strength exercises, and some form of cardio. Biking running, et cetera.

The standard weightlifting recommendation is Starting Strength, which you'll find in the sticky. If you prefer bodyweight exercises, try the recommended routine in /r/bodyweightfitness.

>Suggestions?
Your first priority is the calorie deficit. Second priority is eating enough protein. At least 140g. Third priority is eating a moderate quantity of fat. You eat protein for muscle building, and fat for hormone levels.

It's pretty easy to eat enough protein and fat if you eat a lot of lean meat.

>8200 calories is a kilogram of fat
Is what I meant to say.

>cut sodas completely
>cut the sugar and drink black coffee you fucking pussy
>limit alcohol consumption to an occasion
>whole grains (pasta, rice, bread, oats)
>cook with coconut oil, olive oil

Op here, I'm back.

I've been watching those but they have so many videos it was a bit confusing. The video you posted though seems something that could work.

The site looks useful (pic related) does that mean that I need to gradually lower my calories for the period I set?

Alright, I'll be cutting the meals in half and flat out replacing them slowly.
Also I believe I eat enough protein as it is, Meat is usually something that's always present in the house, we don't fry it so we cook it on a grill.
Still, how do I know how much protein I'm eating?

>>whole grains (pasta, rice, bread, oats)
>>cook with coconut oil, olive oil
I already cook with olive oil.

>Still, how do I know how much protein I'm eating?
If it's not on the packaging, weigh it, and look it up on the internet. The following site has just about every food listed.

nutritiondata.self.com/

Also, protein is 4 calories per gram. Fat is 9 calories per gram. Meat (without any stuff added) has only protein and fat. So if you know how many calories it is, and how fatty it is, you can estimate the protein. Lean meat is usually going to have 80%+ of it's calories from protein.

Alright, this is good info. Thanks.
I'm probably going to weight it since I mainly buy my meat from the butcher.

OP is 5'8 - 5'9. Will this actually work for him?

>OP is 5'8 - 5'9. Will this actually work for him?
A-Am I a dwarf?

>The site looks useful (pic related) does that mean that I need to gradually lower my calories for the period

Yeah mate. The table there is giving you your daily caloric intake for a week at a time. Week one is 1468/day, week two reduces to 1459/day, week three to 1450/day and so on.

To be honest, there's not that much a leap in those numbers, so just round up or down, but keep the rounding consistent. You don't literally have to eat 1468/day to the digit, more like 1460 for the first week, 1450 for week two.

This might sound confusing at first so just stick to the calories and see how you deal with a week it. When I first started the scales were telling me I lost half a stone, but obviously most of that is water weight. Even so, that first weigh in will be a big motivation and you'll find it much easier from then on.

With regards to things like water weight (which is liable to come back so don't worry about it, just keep track of your numbers and actual fat loss), you can do away with that by just measuring your waist line or your stomach. Measure the inches at the same day every week to see how much fat you're actually losing. I find this to be much more helpful than scales which can muddle results with variables such as digestion and water weight. Still use scales though; the more points of reference, the better. 1/2

Sorry for the long post, but once you're done by week five, recalculate for maintenance (the column on the far right) and stick to that for a few weeks. Once you reach your goal weight you want to stay there so don't start over eating/drinking again, just hold on out for a bit more. Once you know you can maintain you can focus on other fitness goals (if that's what you want). I'd also recommend just keeping an eye on your weight as general practice to everyone, but to people like you and me in particular who have had to lose a lot. Statistics show that people who lose a lot of weight through cutting put it back on, plus extra. It's VERY important you avoid this. It happened to me and it was devastating. I got to my goal weight, maintained for a few weeks and then ballooned. For reference, I started at 102kg, went down to 72kg, and shot up to 105kg or something. I did end up getting back down to the 70s, but it wasted half a year of my life that I could have spent improving my fitness. The social impact is bad too, you don't want people noticing you're getting fat again! Don't let that scare you, it's still better to take action now than to let it escalate. Just remember to calculate maintenance and stick with it. 2/2

and after a few weeks then what? give op advice for the long run man. based on it isn't going to all come off in a few weeks

>I started at 102kg, went down to 72kg, and shot up to 105kg or something. I did end up getting back down to the 70s, but it wasted half a year of my life that I could have spent improving my fitness
Man, must've been fucking horrible.

I mean he's kind of right. If you ate lunch at 12 and then dinner at 8, and skipped breakfast everyday you'd be doing intermittent fasting.

>The sticky is a big vague on it
Calories in/calories out. How is that vague?

>and it concentrates on nutrition instead of exercising.
There's a reason for that.

Stop listening to bad fucking advice.

Go to the gym and incorporate 20 minutes of cardio 3 times a week to your life.

You can lose weight while eating above 2500kcal daily because of these steps.

Milk is also fine, full fat too. Calories are not that many and it's fucking filling, not to mention good for you.

>20 minutes of cardio 3 times a week
>eat above 2500kcal
>can lose weight

Maybe if you're running a marathon. Cardio isn't enough burn off all those calories. A lot of people's maintenance is below 2500, how can they eat over that and not gain weight? You're assuming their cardio will be hardcore and consistent which it might not be. You also assume everyone has a maintenance of at least 2500.

From this post someone could construe:

Three cardio sessions per week + Eat loads = weight loss

It doesn't work like that, weight loss needs to be calculated and monitored. Exercise is nothing but a bonus.

Agree about milk though. Would add that fish is low calorie and high protein. Great to incorporate into your diet.

I personally do 20-25min of HIIT 3x a week, an

hour of lifting 2x week, and light intensity cardio

for the 6th day. I'm cutting and it sucks like

balls eating 1400 a day but it'll be worth it in

the end, OP. All it takes is dedication and

determination. You can do it.

tbqh
tdeecalculator.net
go there and follow it.
Download a calorie counting app
eat less
try and lift and drink whey