I just joined a gym and I'm awkward in new places

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_0WxyKGD7sU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dont wear gloves
Do squat deadlift and bench press with a powerlifting technique and go heavy
Eat right
And don't be on your fucking phone

Don't be a degenerate and leave your shit out, clean up after yourself.

Lol ignore the first reply.

No one gives a fuck unless youre in the way to someone else. Like

>>dont be fucking hogging machines when its clearly busy as fuck
>>dont fucking deadlift in the middle of the fucking walking areas.
Those are some examples

Don't be a fucking faggot asking on Veeky Forums about your local community.

Do go and ask the gym owner.
Unless it's a chain gym with no owner present, then go find a real gym and support your local lifting community.

Don't wear basketball shorts.

Approaching women in gym, yes or no ?

how does one hog a machine?

does he simply... use them? and rest in between sets?

Good form babby

no.

we're trying to fucking lift

mire our butts but don't bug us

thx

Not OP, good to know though. If you strike up conversation I'm going to try my luck though.

good form babber

dunno about other chicks but i'm not going to talk to anyone in the gym unless i'm asking you whether or not you're using [x] when it's unclear

Hogging a machine would be like, doing sets of 10x10 during peak hours. Or doing your full squats/press/bench in the same rack when you could be doing 2/3 exercises somewhere else.

Resting is fine. If someone asks how many sets you have left just tell them and ask if they want to work in. If they won't work in at least try to give them a nod or thumbs up when you leave the machine.

If you need to talk to someone (ask for a spot or to work in) wait till they're resting. Super dick move to ask when they're concentrating on a set.

You'll figure it out. If you're there and someone pisses you off, don't do whatever they did in the future.

Don't forget to tip the receptionist

why?

I meant dont be doing circuits hogging 3 - 4 machines if its busy as hell. Obviously "hogging" just one thing means yourr using them

mfw I wear gloves. I don't really care what people think about me tho, so would rather have them think ill of me than have callousses

you're an idiot

>Dont wear gloves
Why tho?

Non gloves wearing faggot

Don't workout on one machine and leave your phone and fucking water bottle on the machine next to you

I have seem far too many people doing that

what's so bad about wearing gloves? I'm a coder, and calluses from lifting have been a problem for me in the past.

>Tell me what to think and do because I'm insecure
Yup this is Veeky Forums alright

Just clean the equipment, put all the stuff back once finished, and don't hog.

Only autists like will care rather you wear your fucking glove or not. Any normal person wont care as long as you show basic etiquette

Here's a classic one that happens once a month at my gym.
>Machine is free.
>Start lifting.
> Some college kid tell me his using it.
> He then goes back sitting on a bench, drinking water and surfing on his phone for the next 5 min

Bonus points if he starts talking on the phone

passive_aggressive_rage.jpg

I am also a coder

my calluses are no hindrance for me in any way.

the gloves add an additional layer of "skin" to your hands and reduce grip. but wearing or not wearing them is pretty much neglectable.

I used gloves only when I had a cycling accident and tore of the skin from my hands.

NEVER

My approach when a woman walks in is "oh shit don't look don't look", works like a charm.

Questions are basically limited to
1) Are you using this
2) Can I use this collar/plate
3) Hey bro, how much do you squat to get that ass, no homo

>And don't be on your fucking phone
What am I supposed to do between sets?

Look at yourself in the mirror. Thats why most gyms have them.

>And don't be on your fucking phone
Subtle bait, 8/10.

kek gotta have smooth hands for jacking off your boyfriend, right babe?

dont go near the squat machine only autistic people go there. Stick to the bench press and dumbbells you will find people with actual social life and talking to them will help your social skills

I didn't think of that, but I guess it applies. I just want soft hands. Which someone pointed out is funny, because I'm training the rest of me to be tough and strong

youtu.be/_0WxyKGD7sU

I come to Veeky Forums to look at hot guys.
>No homo
We have one fat thread already. Stop spreading the beetus.

I look on my phone all the time in between sets.
Why would there be any problem in that?
Kek

>What am I supposed to do between sets?
Many things.
>Pace around your area,
>slapping yourself,
>sip water
>stretch
>mouth rap lyrics to yourself,
>occasionally count numbers on your fingers that don't mean anything, so people think you're serious

Skinny fag here. Gonna start going to gym soon. Should I go for personal trainer to show me the ropes?

make you look like a bitch

also after some time lifting you wont need them

I also code and have also had lots of calluses in the past. No idea how they could be an issue for coding.

Rule #1
Dont you EVER wear basketball shorts to the gym.

just dont smell

Only curl in the curl rack. Squats are unnecessary if you do leg extensions. 10 minutes of lifting and about 30 of cardio will keep you toned.

>local lifting community

Is this nigga serious?

>Tell me what to think and do because I'm insecure
Yup this is EVERY FUCKING BOARD ON 4CH alright

Shit b8 m8. Not even ir8.