Why do people do this to themselves?

Why do people do this to themselves?

It's not like people who are aesthetic ubermensches are 'deciding' do turn into gorillas. Powerlifters are people who have taken this path because it's the only one open to them in the world of lifting.

Because they aren't posers who spend all their time muzzing at music festivals?

>Why do people do this to themselves?

Because all of those people are 183cm + genetic dead ends that HAVE to be a superheavyweight to be competitive.

if you're a proper height between 5'9 and 6'0, you can be lean and athletic while being strong and competitive as fuck

for anyone who might be turned off powerlifting because of this post - you don't have to be obese to participate in powerlifting, there's weight categories

And the most popular are around 200lbs, which is overweight or obese for 99% of men

powerlifting is about strength not aesthetics

>genetic dead ends
that could literally rape you and you wouldnt be able to do anything about it

manlet detected

You don't compete in a weight class because it's popular, dumbfuck.

Lü Xiaojun isn't going to suddenly bulk up to 200+ pounds because the 105 kg category is popular.

Likewise in powerlifting, you compete in the class you are best at.

Going off of BMI instead of body fat maybe but they aren't obese by any medical standard.

You are a dumbass

Weight classes.

Your goal in a strenght sport is to be the best possible relative to your weight class. You train to remain or achieve your ideal WC. Protip; at the elite level weight classes are essentially height classes.
The super heavyweight class is a completely different game as far as weight management. With no limit at all athletes try to bulk to heavier lean BW perpetually to lift more.

>21century
>you wouldnt be able to do anything about it
where the fuck do you live

I like the way that looks more than super ripped bodybuilders.

it's even proven that you don't need 25%+ body fat to be as strong as possible. Most of these powerlifters, even the professionals, use their fat gain as an excuse to increase muh strength. Look at guys like Derek Poundstone and Dan Green. Strongest motherfuckers you'll ever see and don't look like sloppy messes.

>dan green
he considers a "low dose" of test to be 850mg/week

People believe that by lifting things that are heavy, they can be special snowflakes and gain attention.

Powerlifters are the women of fitness.
Meanwhile Chad did a 10 minute workout of abs this morning, then fucked some pizza.

I wish I was Chad.

I'm 6'8 shw is the only way I can have a juicy total

> thinking that top tier powerlifters use anything less than 5grams

Nigga have you seen chris duffin's cycle (guy who held squat wr for a while at 900lbs)
He used 7+ grams/wk and like 20+ius of slin and gh daily

They're like the guys who start playing a guitar and just learn scales and copy Yngwie Malmsteen solos instead of writing songs or playing in a band. Rather than using their hobby to improve their life holistically and express themselves, they autistically focus on one particular aspect to the detriment of everything else. The powerlifter does not care about health, beauty or happiness, only about picking up and putting down bigger and bigger numbers.

>Dem fuzzy pecs and enormous arms
It's like they painted a giant "Place Face Here" sign on him.

Are you retarded?

I think cutting down to under 10% body fat is ridiculous but i still do it.
People enjoy lifting heavy and the more mass you have the more weight you can move so some people take it to the extreme.

Honestly, this. I mean good for them that they can lift heavy things but wtf is the point? What's the end game?