What's so bad about the Keto diet again??

What's so bad about the Keto diet again??

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seed_oil
abc13.com/health/study-sugar-is-as-addictive-as-cocaine/533979/
cronometer.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>constant cravings for bread/sugar
>severely limited in options when it comes to eating out
>often feeling weak and tired
>generally unsustainable for the vast majority of humans

The never ending urge to talk to others about it.

Forbids most healthy foods and people usually rely on unhealthy foods for calories

I did keto and this is basically the biggest cons. The cravings pass eventually, but the eating out was a pain. Never felt weak or tired though, just "oily"

have you made it a week on keto?

Heart Disease

spiked my fat % like crazy

Where is the evidence that it's good??

Oh wait, there isn't any.

Most of the non-anecdotal evidence people use to say keto is good involves weight loss trials where obese people on keto diets lose weight and either see no difference in bloodwork after keto (bad) or see some improvements (due to weight loss and cutting out sugary foods). Calorie-controlled comparisons of different diets don't support keto as having any kind of advantage.

Keto is unnecessarily excessive. All you need to do is LIMIT carb intake to lose weight quickly, in conjuction with exercise. Eliminating ALL carbs is stupid and unhealthy and ultimately self-defeating.

I made/ate this today.
1500 cals 100g protien 120g fat 22 carbs
There are some amazing keto/low carb recipes on the Internet. Sticking to meat & grease is the old-school way. Join the 21st century pros.

recipe plz

Ketoacisodosis then death ?

ketoacidosis*

I can tell you have no idea what you're talking about because you eat low-carb on keto, not no-carb.

Nothing, as long as it's /veganketo/

>8% battery
that's what triggers me more

>my battery is almost ded
>let's keep GPS, Bluetooth, 3G on
I'd say it's done on purpose

im dying lmao

it's reddit fedora shit.

Ever seen a ripped/lean person on keto?(that wasn't selling you his program) thought so.

ketotards are just (much) fatter versions of vegans.

>who is Dave Palumbo.

gluconeogenesis sounds like a great concept on paper, but it doesn't work very well in keto. at least not so far, from my experience.

>Technical specificity in communication is tantamount to the successful collaboration of ideas
It's like this nigger thinks he's on linked in

I feel like killing myself on this diet. I'm 1 week in so far not sure if I can handle it because it's triggering my depression big time.

What? It killed my food cravings completely
Only real downside
You're not doing it right then, after a week you should start feeling a whole lot better, you're basically still consuming too many carbs
That's why it's not a lifestyle diet but mostly for short term fatloss

Tho it's not that much better for fatloss and unless you're having a hard time dealing with cravings on a normal regular cut I wouldn't suggest it

Question, I've been on keto for about a month now and for the past week or so I've been having the most liquid diarrhea I've ever had in my life, its like pissing out of my ass its so liquidy, is this a thing with keto adaptation? I was supplementing to make sure I got all my electrolytes but ever since it started I stopped that in case it was Hyperkalemia, but it hasn't gone away.
Is this normal, did I give myself Salmonella or some other infection since I haven't been cooking for myself that long and now have to every day?
The weirdest part of it is other than the diarrhea I feel completely fine, so I haven't even seen a doctor about it yet.

> queer atheist vegan clubfoot autistic retard anarchist clopper pozzer

this is getting out of hand.

>autism

>yfw retards like this post on Veeky Forums

This guy needs to be beaten and hung

- cutting out an entire macro is bad
- you'll lose water weight
- craving for sugars

>halitosis

This is what 4 months of keto looks like
drew on it with red because its up in another thread too rn

>mfw he lost 25kg and still looks like crap
This is what diet without lifting gets you.

ok so thats about 6kg a month
every month
aproching half a year soon
looks like this fella is gonna achieve long term weightloss
he removed himself from whatever his old eating habits where
and since he stuck with keto for so long h should be able to aquire eating habits that stop him from getting to chubby and help him build muscle when he comes off keto

After keto every carb makes your blood sugar sky high and you gain weight a lot faster than you used to, so its not a very good diet, you better of eating everything in moderation.

this nigger is me.
i'm 4 months in you dumbass nigger, do you really expect me to look like an aesthetic god after 4 months of dieting after mistreating my body for so long? I'm still aiming to lose another 10-15kg

You're supposed to be at least 18 to post here, lil' preggo girl

way to go user now go lift some weights

i'm 20, and i can guarantee you i've been browsing Veeky Forums for longer than you even knew Veeky Forums was a website you autistic redditor. This site is so shit now, its not even about fitness, its about weeby haters who dont see gains and contemplate using steroids or suicide because they can't talk to women
yeah but during keto you're blood sugar is sky low so it balances out.

No need to get that angry, tubby, better start lifting heavy or you will end up with saggy old man tits.

>i'm 20, and i can guarantee you i've been browsing Veeky Forums for longer than you even knew Veeky Forums was a website you autistic redditor.

Gee, sorry, mister, we didn't realise you were a respectable oldfag.
Fucking pleb, I hope you keto yourself to death and clear this board from your fad diets.

that's cos he's still fat
keep it up user gr8 improvement

>I'm 20
a girl can dream
>I've been longer than you
ahahah no
>in ye old times it was better
>old Veeky Forums best Veeky Forums
ahahah no

Shut the fuck up sissy, get out of your momma's basement and start lifting

>claims to be such a oldfag
>obese teenage with stretch marks
>advising keto
thanks for the laugh anyway

Diet heart myth, government propaganda pls go.

Well I guess summer is here.

>this_is_the_guy_giving_you_diet_and_routine_advice.tiff.exe

JUST

i started a "healthy" version of keto today, meaning im just eating healthy fats (no fucking bacon or chicken wings etc). Is it still that bad of a diet? going to try it out for a month now with heavy lifting

>i started a "healthy" version of keto today, meaning im just eating healthy fats (no fucking bacon or chicken wings etc).
Glad to see you joined our /veganketo/ family! Rainbows are beautiful

But pig and chicken fats are ok, its most of the vegetal fats that are bad.

wtf user im still eating meat you fucking faggot im just not eating fucking 30 stripes of bacon for breakfast

>its most of the vegetal fats that are bad
>vegetal
>fats
Dude, what the hell
Dude
You meant oil? Like, extravirgin olive oil? Or fats like the ones in Avocado? Or in cashews?
Those are literally the best fats you can get

>What's so bad about the Keto diet

you have to have epilepsy or another condition that causes uncontrollable seizures in order to have any legitimate reason to be on it

l0l didnt realise you were baitng me before, 3/10 i guess for getting me to respond
Do i look american to you fuckwit?
Oh look another loser whose real life sucks enough they have to be destructive when they see someone completely turn their life around instead of constructive, end of the day that's your problem. Don't believe im 20? i dont believe you have any real friends so i guess we square
maybe in your shitty country
you forgot to upload weebavatar921.jpg

Fuck you Chad

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/

What the fuck have you been doing on Veeky Forums all these years?? Just browsing and trolling? Fuck outt'a hear bitchtits.

suck my dick faggot
post a photo of yourself if you're so quick to judgement, otherwise keep your dumbass fat autistic mouth shut you virgin redditor swearword meme

>implying summer starts at a different time in different countries

Oil is fat. Olive and avocado has good fats, but almost all seed oils and palm oil, which is very common in processed food, are the bad kind.

>2 tons of peperoni

absolutely disgusting

>calling someone a virgin redditor
>projecting this hard

Wow, great defence mechanism, fatty.

Friendly advice
You're just embarrassing yourself, I'd suggest you to stop posting; then get a gym subscription and read the sticky.

Hopefully if you'll read this post (actually, these posts of yours) in 10 years you'll realize how much you're cringy right now and you'll thank me for this advice.

Or. You could keep going on this route, without understanding why you're a full retard, trying to defend your honour on an Anonymous llama shearing forum. You're just blabbering nonsense. It's cringey to even look at that post.

It's up to you

Then, blame processed foods, not oil or vegetable oil tbqh; also "seeds oil" isn't bad (olive oil is in this category and most of en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seed_oil are recommended as really healthy)

Not OP, but i did keto for 2 weeks with

Well different sources have different oppinion on fats, not long ago all animal fats were considered bad, anyway I try to consume fat in moderation since its so calorie dense.

>37365453
intended to quote obviously

Because sugar is addictive, and the cravings last for a week - month at max abc13.com/health/study-sugar-is-as-addictive-as-cocaine/533979/

you can eat chicken, steak, dry rub ribs and chicken wings, fish, and any meat with a side salad or veggies

for maybe a week as your body gets used to using ketones for energy, but if you get enough electrolytes you should be fine

This is true because people love beer, pasta, rice, sugar, and fruits but you could always keto to cut weight and then slowly up carbs to a more sustainable level

Mark Bell and Zyzz both claimed to use Keto to cut weight. Tiny although not massive was always shredded, and he said he generally ate clean with little carbs.

how big is your calorie defict?

Lol are you anything close to Mark Bell and Zyzz level? They used keto to go under 10% bf and they both had decent lean mass, and its general advice of fit to eat clean with little carbs to maintain a lean look and its not keto.

yep, thats what i thought

can you tell em what you typically eat in a day?

just curious :)

Eating bacon and pussy 24/7, something you beta weaboo redditor virgin will never achieve.

A diet that is not sustainable is not worth being on.

Results come from consistency, which needs sustainability to be possible. Jumping on fad diets to achieve 10% faster results compared to simply being in a solid calorie deficit while working out makes no sense.

Yeah you will see results with Keto, might aid you more so if you are going from 10% to 7% BF, but you will attain results either way in a calorie deficit.

Sustainable dieting triumphs every time. Also don't pretend Keto is sustainable, it's not. Your body needs carbs to function properly, and carbs are not your enemy. If you want to focus on cutting something out, cut out added sugar. You can lose shit tons of weight in a calorie deficit eating shit tons of carbs.

Calorie deficit + Meeting protein requirements>Keto every time.

> Eating bacon and pussy 24/7, something you beta weaboo redditor virgin will never achieve.

>i'm 20
I wouldn't believe this even if you showed me your HRT prescriptions
That babby face, soft obese skin, no facial nor body hair at all.. not even if you ate hamburgers filled with hormones all day every day you could claim to be 20
>i've been browsing Veeky Forums for longer than
lost it. Start lifting babby

>A diet that is not sustainable is not worth being on.
This.

No? But you don't need to be to be impressive looking. Tiny and Prometheus are pretty light for their heights, but were are very good looking due to just being shredded.

>eggs, tuna mixed with mayo, and chicken breast + frozen broccoli for dinner
Keto is pretty easy senpai, buy your favorite meats whether its chicken, turkey, salmon, tuna, talapia, kangaroo, pork or beef and buy some green vegs + cauliflower. Fatty cuts of meats are better, but you can just add stuff like olive oil or full fat salad dressings. I use unsweetened almond milk for whey when I get tired of water, and diet soda/crystal light works for sweet cravings. Natty peanut butter, and fiber/low sugar condiments like jelly and ketchup exist if you can't give them up. I also found high fiber low carb tortillas which help for making sandwiches, burritos, or breakfast wraps.

Don't fall for the reddit meme of bacon + eggs. You can have variety and lots of veggies are always good to fill you up.

I'm not embarrassing myself. I lost 25kg through keto and im proud of it, i'm secure in who I am as a person and I don't give two shits about people taking easy shots at someone who had the balls to post halfway through progress pics. Maybe you should read the sticky, as long as we're suggesting things to each other that they've already done years ago, and i would never 'look back on myself and cringe' if i was defending myself against low effort insecurity projecting by people whose lives suck.
youmad that when im 40 i'll look like i'm 25?
its ok bro

thats retarded
short term diets help distance you from your old eating habits wich makes it esier to switch to long term sustainable diets afterwards

your face gains are amaze
pls reveal your calorie deficit

Glad it worked for you my man!

but you probably still would have lost 25 kilos if you were also eating carbs to be fair.

>>eggs, tuna mixed with mayo, and chicken breast + frozen broccoli for dinner

How much of each per day??

Are you planning to be on keto your whole life? No? You will baloon up the moment you touch carbs.

>i'm secure in who I am as a person
>calls everyone who questiones keto virgins weaboos and redditors

>I'm not embarrassing myself
That's your opinion, and your opinion is wrong.
Props to you for losing 25kg through a caloric deficit. Keto didn't really matter, but maybe it suited your eating habits.
People are targeting you because your replies are inane and largely autistic. Also, if you're trying to prove you've been here since 2012, what the hell have you done for all this time? You didn't browse fit, did you.
I've been here since 2009 but I don't start my posts with oldfag introduction and /b/-tier memes (no one mentioned weeaboos nor attached anime avatars nor mentioned reddit - you're the only one insofar so attached to an identity)
You don't have any reason to go ballistic as you're doing
Next time remove the face btw
>I don't give two shits
You're begging for validation.
>look 40 when I'm 25
no bro, a lack of test won't make you look better. You hopefully may increase your test with lifting, something you should have started in 2012.

thanks, i saw my friends girlfriend for the first time in like 2 months and she went on for 10 minutes about my cheek bones. I'm 20M/183cm, not sure what the recommended calories for that is but i'm eating about 1300-1500 calories a day.
it's called low effort retorts for easy-target bullying.
To be fair to you, i probably would not have. When you're on keto you know you can't touch a carb, there are no cheat days, there are no 'one bottle of soft drink a week's, if i was losing weight purely through calorie deficit, i know for sure i wouldnt be able resit temptation to snack, something i dont do on keto.
I've been on Veeky Forums since 2008, i was 12. On my old MSN email inbox i have screencaps of that. Oh boy.jpg, whats with this whole 'down with keto movement', is it taking away too many fatties for you guys's liking? The easy targets, the bullying of which makes you feel better about your own problems in life that you're not addressing? Keto is real lol, fatties, if you want to lose weight, try it for a month. Agreed it's a short term diet and shouldn't be done for more than 6 months.Remove the face? I'm secure in who I am as a person, i took those prog photos for me, not you. I just cbf editing them before i uploaded it to Veeky Forums because again, i'm proud of what i've accomplished and there are 7 other billion cunts in this world so what does my face matter.
>You're begging for validation
if you truly believe this you're probably younger than me, you can't just have one experience and use it as anecdotal fact and assume everything must be exactly like that one time.

There are faggots here claiming keto is a meme diet. I accept that. But it seems like some of you are going out of your way to falsely discredit and obviously successful way to lose weight You calculate a 500 calorie defecit over 4 months and tell me if it comes up with 25kg,

bro look at my soft baby face, chubby cheeks. I'm so youthful, forever young.

cronometer.com

you'll need that to make sure you don't get ill from all the vitamin and mineral deficiencies your meme diet is inevitably conjuring up inside of your meme body.

have a meme life you fucking meme.

>I've been on Veeky Forums since 2008, i was 12
And you still are it seems

The autism is trong in this one.

>cronometer.com
i dont install
heh, very clever observation. 10/10
>is trong
lol nice typo you weeb

ok night guys bye

So soon? Please spill some more insecurities, I need a last laugh.

>ok night guys bye

1-0

lol

:)

thanks I just started keto for the first time
I was down 17KG started at 96KG and kind of plataued and i hope this will help me lose the last 8KG

so in your opinion a person that managed to stay on a higly restricted diet for a half year is incapable shifting to a sensible long term diet in order to stay lean?

maybe check the person who posted pictures of them at their worst and then a current photograph of their progress, versus the loser not dealing with his own problems in life but projecting his own insecurities in the form of poorly worded assumptive insults towards some 20 year old, lel.
its midnight and i have a mol.bio pres tomorrow 30%

keto is real

n
x

Man look at your face.

You are looking so much better it's amazing. Ur gonna be a chad face. mirin

Depends on how hard you're cutting, I generally shoot for .6-1 g of protein a day, 20-30 carbs and whatever for fats. Also you can easily go to mc donalds and order a mc double and take the buns off for an easy 200 cals.

Personally I also use IF + Yohimbine + EC along with regular HIIT sessions after lifting which I don't recommend unless you're a neet and can just workout and sleep all day.

Dude, it happens all the time, the moment he stops keto, he'll start gaining weight and he'll be beack where he started within a year. Fit is filled with these stories and I know exaples from personal life, the only fatties that succeeded went "slow and steady" and just eat in moderation.

>I've been on Veeky Forums since 2008, i was 12
>Remove the face? I'm secure in who I am as a person
So you never visited current body threads in all these 8 years. Nobody fucking care about your face, you fucking attention whore.
>Keto is real lol, fatties
you're the fatty
>some of you are going out of your way to falsely discredit and obviously successful way to lose weight You calculate a 500 calorie defecit over 4 months and tell me if it comes up with 25kg
Oh boy, are you humbly suggesting that a keto diet created a reality distortion field around your body so that the normal laws of thermodynamics didn't apply?
There's more reason in , >so in your opinion a person that managed to stay on a higly restricted diet for a half year is incapable shifting to a sensible long term diet in order to stay lean?
Not him, but in my opinion you should stick to a healthy, calorie-controlled diet. The more weight you lose, the more likely you'll bounce back - especially if you lost it too fast. If you're switching to a different diet you didn't refine and plan after keto, the chances might be even higher

>>You're begging for validation
>if you truly believe this you're probably younger than me
I'm way older, and this
>The easy targets, the bullying of which makes you feel better about your own problems in life that you're not addressing?
tells me more about you than the rest of your meme posting.