Things you wish people told you sooner

I spent 5 months eating as many salads as I could before finally figuring out they only help you lose weight if you eat them IN PLACE OF the other stuff you eat, not in addition to.

DO DUMBBELL BENCH

Seriously, literally any new lifters reading this, DO DUMBBELL BENCH.

Why

Don't quit lifting. ...ever.

No breaks, no skipping, stick with it no matter your progress.

Quitting for years and starting again is sooooooooooo fucking hard.

your lower back will always feel stuck after you deadlift, deal with it faggot

I'll never date you, user.

Much better chest builder than barbell. Not that you shouldn't do barbell, but add dumbbell bench. Best lifting decision I've ever made.

Paused or no? I'm already doing bench and ohp on the same day so my triceps are tired as fuck by the end. Don't know if they can handle another exercise for enough weight to actually benefit my chest at all. It's why I do straight arm pullovers for chest at the end.

Meant for

Not paused, but doing paused would be fine. The most important thing is to do a slow controlled rep and drop your arms as far as you can.

And you shouldn't really be benching and ohp heavy on the same day.

I'm doing Candito's 6 week program and that's what it says to do, and I trust him over you, sorry familia. I'll keep it in mind though if I start a different routine

never take anything on Veeky Forums seriously, everyone is maliciously trolling you and/or developmentally disabled

I deliberately give bad advice CONSTANTLY

I wish someone told me about proper nutrition as a child as well as what happens with your skin if you become obese.

1. A. Most supplements are bullshit and just make your urine more expensive.
1. B. Every model in every ad for every product in every fitness magazine is on steroids; most have never even used the supplement they're selling.
2. The six small meals meme is based on a misunderstanding of the thermogenic effect of food, most notably protein.
3. You don't need 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight. This is based on bro science and a con by the fitness industry dating back to the 60s.
4. Eat more carbs, you autistic dyel. Especially clean carbs like oatmeal, yams, etc.
5. The bro split of one body part per day 5 days a week will produce results but you're better off just doing full body workouts and alternating ABA, BAB, week by week.
6. Natties need to train HEAVY as fuck. Fuck your getting-a-pump rep range.

I don't want to date you anymore

Thanks for the sage advice, user.

Any tips for stretching: static or dynamic? I wanna get loose

Life related:
>when I told you that I was going to love you forever I didn't really mean that.
Veeky Forums related:
Every single one of them is on roids.

Why would natties in particular have to train heavy? Just wondering since that's what I prefer doing, when most routines ive seen say to go x8 or even x12, even on some compound lifts

>Natties need to train heavy

Everything else was spot on but this is not true for everyone.

I've been doing barbell flat bench and dumbbell incline, is that good or should I change it up?

> tfw on my way to becoming a pediatric dietitian

No child will suffer your fate on my watch, user.

Just do flat barbell and incline dumbell/barbell