Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums
You all know of the uberman sleepingschedule.
I am thinking this is not enough.
Is it possible to reduce sleeptime even more?

how to fucking kill your gains in one easy step

The day science eliminates the need for sleep will be a beautiful day. Unfortunately I'll probably be dead by then.

explain please

training in the gym = tearing muscle fibres

sleeping and eating = recovering muscle fibres

therefore if you sleep for 20-30 minutes 5 times a day, you will give your body 0% chance to recover your muscles, and you will infact LOSE muscle mass instead of gaining any

research polyphasic sleep. not uberman stupid shit. not even going to look into it but it seems like some fad shit some asshole is pushing as his own after reading the wikipedia on polyphasic. Its great for mental clarity, not sure for muscle recovery. I imagine its quite shit. Before I worked out and worried about muscle recovery, I slept 3-4 hours per night, plus two 30minute naps throughout the day and was perfectly functional.

OP here
I just had this idea of only sleeping every other day/night. What do you think?

An impossible sleep schedule unless you're a complete NEET or you operate a company that is pretty autonomous without you. But as said earlier, your gains will suffer because sleep provides restoration for damaged muscle tissue which results in them growing.

Retarded. Just kill yourself before you come up with more stupid ideas.

How is this retarded? Sleep is the biggest waste of time in your life. It should be common sense to reduce that waste to a minimum for optimal productivity.

>Sleep is the biggest waste of time in your life
And you are the biggest waste of oxygen in mine.

The idea that sleep is a waste of your time is only partially true. Sure you aren't doing other things but studies have shown repeatedly that people who get less than optimal amounts of sleep per night over time have lowered mental clarity and reaction time that help make split second choices.

Polyphasic sleep IS a thing. However it's only a thing meant to put you directly into REM sleep. It doesn't give you the same benefits as a full eight hours of sleep.

Tldr:
>recovery and keeping sharp are not worthless you idiot

Your fucking body regenerates when you're asleep you retard. Sleep is hugely important. If you don't sleep you literally CAN'T make it.

Sure, kys my man and you'll never have to worry about sleeping any more

>The day science eliminates the need for sleep
it would be extremely painful
and gay
and pointless, sleeping is the best mechanism for your body to recover and heal and reinforce memory processes
science has better focusing in improving the overall life expectation and life quality
sleeping is a crucial component in in life quality

The only way you can have optimal productivity is by having a proper sleeping schedule.

Stop this retarded 'waste of time' meme. You're a biological being, not a machine. You need to stop, sleep, and regenerate.

>technology doesn't even exist yet
>you're already sure it's bad

hey, if they manage to make it so that we get all the benefits of sleep in less time with little or no side effects, I'm down.

Doubt they will though. The more research that gets done, the more it becomes apparent that sleep is hugely important and can't be sidestepped.

Coming home after a day of hard work and feeling my tired body falling slowly asleep is literally one of the best thing in life
I'd even say that sometimes it's even better than sex

Uberman is marginally effective for mental recovery but utterly useless for physical recovery. If you are physically active in the slightest then uberman is not for you.

Even catching a cold while doing uberman requires you to switch to long-sleep in order for your body to fight the infection.

>science still doesnt have a sound explanation for why we need sleep
We were born too soon senpai

is this autisms final form?

>not wanting to dismiss your daily worries
>not wanting to turn off your brain for a while
>not wanting to enjoy unconsciousness as a relief from life's scourges
what the hell is wrong with you

Guess my life isn't as shit as yours m8

I don't sleep
Cause sleep is the cousin of death

>posting about wasting time on a Argentinian carpentry forum

Sleep is anabolic. If you don't recover properly you'll never make it.

>posting Veeky Forums
>complains sleeping waste time

>mfw Sleep is the biggest waste of time in your life.

>methamphetamine

So this is the power of autism?

Ineffective as fuck compared to sleep cycles. Usually I'd post a post I made ages ago that explained them really simply, but I lost it, and I can't be fucked recreating it.

So here's a link to a site that does it for you:

sleepyti.me

Why do you browse Veeky Forums?
You clearly dont lift so fuck off.

top fucking lel

>be worried about being unproductive
>be on Veeky Forums

choose one,and choose wisely

Sure m8 I'm sure you're partying 24/7 and no worries ever perturbed your life