Homegym general

Built this badboy over the past week or so. Thought it would be a field of dreams style if you build it gains will come type deal. I have yet to seriously use it. Anyways let's see some cool homegym setups. Also r8 my homemade guillotine.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zbjQ3Ak56ws
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump

Hangers I made at work

No interest huh. Oh well one last bump

I've been wanting to assemble a ghetto home gym, just a rack, somewhere to do pull ups and dips, bar, some plates and a pair of adjustable dumbbells.

Has anyone here had any success having the bar and the plates made in a steel mill or some shit like that? I know I can have the rack made if I give them the measures, but what about the plates and the bar? Here in Brazil they are very expensive to purchase.

Looks OK mang, it seems secure enough

Craigslist got my back. Total cost $280. Coming soon; pullup attachment for rack, dumbbells, sex swing.
Cool gym, bro. Now I wanna make a real powerrack outta wood.

I made this whole thing for free. Lumber I got from my aunts husband dying granted, but all of the steel I found on railroad tracks. Don't know how the railroad track scrap metal situation is in Brazil but here in the U.S. there's plate metal, roundbar, aand sometimes I-beam just discarded off to the sides. If you have access to some fabrication tools you can make whatever you want basically.

Looks legit. Got a routine figured out yet or am I the only one putting the horse before the cart

cage/cable system 350 new
bench 150 new
Oly bar and plates 150 used
Dumbbells 250 used and new
Cable attachments 50 new

Craigslist ftw, that's where I found all my used shit.

Rubber for my platform and my rogue yoke is coming this week I'm so hyped

>Tfw your gym closed
>planet fagness
> the other gym was literally more expensive then buying a rack
>already have a weight set

Noice. Are you a machinist, welder, etc?

SS 4ever. Lifts stalled when I moved and skipped gym for months. Starting from square 1. Added barbell curls and some bodyweight. Shitloads of walking at work. Racquetball for cardio.

Welder. Saw a pic of some j-hangers on Amazon and figured I could build the same thing for free.

Slick welds, bruv

Recently bought wooden gymnastics rings from aliexpress for 20 usd, + car towing rope locally.

A granny walker is perfect for dips. Without wheels for better stability.
got the idea from: youtube.com/watch?v=zbjQ3Ak56ws

Ha thanks. I actually redid The damn things twice because I fucked up my measurements between home and work. Hence the obvious crap weld towards the back

Old pic, replaced barbell with one with no center nut, also I have squat stands now. Chinup bar upstairs.

How many months training until I need a better bar?

Better stuff than my gym

um colega meu tem pesos feitos de cimento e ele emborrachou, a barra é uma barra de academia velha que ele comprou usada

>Train derailment kills 86, Bodybuilding thief suspected of stealing signalling and switching apparatus

Next step: get yourself some Olympic weights.

You should have bought an olympic bar from the start desu

Well, I inherited the setup from my dad. It's hard to argue with free, and I don't like my college gym (also parking makes it almost impossible to get to it regularly).

I'm not a hundred percent sure an olympic bar would fit in that room desu, and as the date on the pic would suggest, I've only been training for about a month and a half.

If I upgrade the bar one day, would I also have to upgrade the shitty bench?

Shieeeeeeet don't remind me. Also I didn't even build this for a standard bar. If you look closely you can see that the weights are off like 2 inches either side because I measured my holes to the center of where the, stopper I guess lays. So I have to very precicly set my weights down. Ykwimb?

sick walmart bar bro

Why did you stain the wood?

Walmart bar, sams club gf. Fuck off cunt.

Looks better.

Underrated btw.

I don't understand what you wrote, but nice walmart bar, I couldn't expect you to make any gains but with that bar its even worse.

Cost me just under 1000AUD. Pretty happy with it. Is it worth getting an Ez-curl? Can someone recommend some good alternatives to Skulls?

Self deprecating humor at my girlfriends expence. Sorry bae. Now why haven't you fucked off again? Cunt.

Oh shit I have that same bar.
It's fucking garbage. Like idk how you deal with it, but I'm fucking tired of my weights spinning when I do curls because the screws hold shit in rather than clips.

Yeh my plan is to lock the weight in from 2 sides but it still takes forever screwing and unscrewing that bullshit

Brb killing self over bitchy gf. Keep thread alive in memoriam

DB skullcrushers?

they're easier on your elbows too

Definitely want to get a new rack. Considering making the rack from the Buffdudes Channel.

Got most of my gear 2nd hand through Offerup and Craigslist.

Dood fancy shit ITT. Op out. Anyone been fishing this evening?

Bro your room isn't at least seven feet wide? And don't get a new bench if you're poor, just get some squat stands and a stand alone bench.