You guys do realize all that protein is gonna destroy your kidneys down the line, right?

You guys do realize all that protein is gonna destroy your kidneys down the line, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

highintensity.net/Forums/ViewTopic.asp?topic_id=1235
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

[citation needed]

I'm training my kidneys too.

Must suck to be a weak kidney'd beta like

>implying you can't just get another

Jokes on you OP. The alcohol will kill them long before the protein does.

Right here.

"The results of the study showed that my body was sloughing off, or excreting, large amounts of water soluble vitamins, proteins, and other nutrients. Worse than that, it was also determined that since I had been consuming massive doses for many years, I had forced my liver and kidneys to grow excessively large to handle the influx of all these nutrients. You may desire your muscles to grow excessively large, but you don′t want this to happen to your liver and kidneys. Physicians say that doing so can lead to several medical complications and eventually shorten your life span.

When my urine was analyzed at Flordia State University in 1970, I was consuming 380 grams of protein per day. Approximately half of the protein came from a 90 percent protein powder.

Why did I consume so much protein? Because I had read repeatedly in muscle magazines that that′s what all the champions ate: from 300-400 grams of protein a day.

Yet, Dr. Schendel kept tellin me that the RDA for protein is .36 grams per pund of bodyweight. Thus, at that time at a body weight of 215lbs., my protein requirement was 77 grams per day.

The results of the study proved that Dr. Schendel was right, and that RDA was accurate. Most of the protein I was eating was being broken down and excreted through my kidneys."

—Ellington Darden, PhD

highintensity.net/Forums/ViewTopic.asp?topic_id=1235

10 year waiting list, on dialysis the whole time 8+ hours a day. Good luck with that.

>grams per pound
doctors everybody

>400g protons
>half was protein powder
CMON
LEAVE YOUR KIDNEYS BEHIND

Fucking 400g Jesus. MAX 1g per pound, some say per kilogram.

I had my kidney removed last year because it decided to randomly fail on me. 27 years old. Doc told me to forget drinking orange juice and protein shakes. 1 kidney at 65% left.... Don't wanna risk that shit brehs

No one is dumb enough that they are going to eat twice the amount of protein they need

Go to Europe and get another one

Don't worry though, by 2030 we'll have clone-able transplant organs

>Go to Europe and get another one
Kek, good joke. In my european first world country all the organs end up in the trashcan, because almost nobody is organdonor.

I know that feel. Got sudden kidney stones last year, followed by a raging infection. Scared the living daylights out of me. I'm 28. They never figured out what caused it either.

Doctors everywhere will tell you that normal kidenys will be able to cope with a shitton of protein. But if you have kidney problems, you shouldn't do it, since the kidneys digest the protein. It's like saying "working out makes your heart die" while it will only kill your heart if you have a heart problem

This is like when the article came out that some guy became ill from protein shakes and then buried in the article it said the guy was drinking 7-8 shakes a day.

ofcourse at that much protein you retard lol

You'll die eventually anyways faggot

>everybody on here eats 380g of protein a day

retard

/thread

>380 grams of protein per day
no fucking shit sherlock. If you consume a shit-ton of anything it can kill you

Might as well advise people not to drink water since too much can kill you, not just cause your organs to grow

Dont know about you bro, but I dont want my organs touching some sick guy.

Haha, jokes on you, fag. My kidneys are already destroyed.

>10 year waitlist, on dialysis the whole time 8+ hours a day.

Yeah, talking out of your ass. It's 3-4 hours every other day for dialysis, and the kidney wait list depends on your region, with some areas being between 2-3 years or 3-5 years.

Source: I'm sitting in fucking dialysis right now.

>300-400 grams of protein a day

>Implying I have something to live for

hey no pain no gain bro XD besides i can get a new pair via donations or black market so who gives

Yeah but if one of your kidneys mysteriously blows up maybe the other one isn't in good shape either.

How expensive and painful is it?

>dialysis
how did your kidneys wither?

Normies can't use common sense and realize that that much protein is horrible for you and then blame some vague muscle magazine that they probably misread in the first place.

In the states, renal failure gets a special consideration. Most patients of any age get put on Medicare if they don't have a ridiculous insurance plan that would cover it. The treatment would be impossible to pay for out of pocket. For a young, healthy person like me, if they can keep me alive and get me back in the workforce, I've got 40+ years of taxes to put back into the system.

Thats nice what about the pain ive heard dialysis is not the most pleasant thing.

>painful

Not at all. I've got a catheter that goes into a vein above my heart that is used for both removing and replacing the blood. Sounds gruesome, but I don't feel dick. The older patients have a fistula in their arm, which has to be accessed by big ass needles. Looks like it hurts, but the treatment itself is painless. Except for leg cramps if they pull too much fluid off.

Alright thanks for the info user hope you get that transplant.

you're a big guy.

I have a kidney disease. Could have been hereditary, could have been a childhood kidney infection. The other young patient in my clinic is here due to Rhabdo, so stay away from crossfit. Kek.

Fortunately, I'm on the list. In my area the wait time is 2-5 years, but only the worst candidates go 5 years without a kidney. I've been on the list for about a year, and I've already gotten one call for standby. It all depends on your health and the quality of the kidney they recieve.

Thanks brother, it's only a matter of time.

are you serious? most people here don't eat above 180g protein, and thats on a cut. you don't even need that much if you're not cutting

I've done psmf for 3 weeks. that shit is FUCKING expensive.

got down to my goal of 12-13% body fat though, but my dick didn't work for 2 weeks after that and I wanted to fucking kill someone who made an unfunny joke.

excess of protein is bad because proteins need to release ammonia to be discarded, and if it get to a high concentration it become toxic. Do I care? just as much as I care about them bitch knees during squat