/routine general/

Previous thread >shorty edition

Check out our new sticky!
>fitsticky.com/

>Novice Programs & Routine tips (Rep Ranges, Volume, Frequency, etc)
fitsticky.com/novice-programs/

>Intermediate Programs
fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs/

>How to perform the Main Lifts
fitsticky.com/how-to/

I'll be helping everyone as much as possible

Other urls found in this thread:

fitsticky.com/novice-programs/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiromi_Miyake
fitsticky.com/texas-method
youtube.com/user/JDCav24/search?query=abs
fitsticky.com/novice-programs
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FYhl4P8OnCd_C2v2tjOC55X
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FaJbNrQrwYXkP0BVDKdTpPy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> taking advice on how to look strong, big and manly from a tranny

come one he was literally so bad at being a man he decided to change gender, come on now. Say beta Veeky Forums

currently doing my 3rd cycle of C6W

I've been thinking of adding front squats into the program but can't really choose between 5 x 3 or 3 x 5

any advice?

no bullying, Veeky Forums is a safe space

>fitsticky.com/novice-programs/
Ice cream fitness 5x5 beginner routine should be added.

I have swapped out the bench press for weighted dips on GSLP (hope that's viable). That means I will have to opt for the close grip bench press rather than the dip, as the third excercise on Day B, correct?
Again, thanks for all the help.

Posted this already in the last thread, would like some additional thoughts:

Opinions on doing 3 days 5/3/1 (diddy, le press, skwaat) and one day 'full body"?

I want to experiment a bit with Olympic lifting, but I don't think abandoning my strength training progress to do a complete oly routine is a good idea, because I have no access to a proper gym and coaching, and have never done the lifts before. So it's really just *experimenting*

Also, should I abandon low bar squats in favour of "Olympic style atg high bar squats", which would also mean reducing my squat max by 20-30kg?

Tue:
Deadlift 5/3/1
Front squat 4x8
Calves, abs

Wed:
The press 5/3/1
Pendlay row 3x5
Incline DB bench 4x8
Pullup 4xF

Fri:
Squat 5/3/1
Snatch grip DL 4x8
Calves, abs

Sat:
Power cleans
Push press
Dips, Pullups

IMO there should be less novice routines in the sticky, not more. ICF is a shitty 5x5 variant and doesn't belong in any recommendation. just SS, greyskull and reg park's should be enough. the rest are silly

repped

My beloved trappy.

I've been lifting for around 2 months. Have been deligently following an SS variation and running on most off days. Have seen rapid strength gains and 6kg weight gain from my previous, 175cm 61kg, skelly self. There are however, a few aspects of my training that aren't improving. Firstly, my hamstring flexibility is terrible. I'm doing sticky recommended stretching every session but progress is marginal at best. Is this just a long process or am I missing something? Secondly, my lats have always been especially weak and haven't seen much improvement in my chin ups (currently doing 5x16kg assisted). All my other lifts are still improving rapidly. Would it be advisable to increase the frequency of chin ups to every workout as I do with squats.

Also, would it be advisable to integrate Olympic lifts into my routine at this early stage and without actual coaching?

t. An eager manlet

thx m8 icf is good bro

The difference between 3 and 5 reps is marginal.
A limiting factor with front squats is often upper back strength, with less reps you can avoid putting too much stress on that and hit your legs harder.
But then again, higher reps will allow you to build your upper back as well. And considering front squats aren't your main lift, you don't need to hit your legs as hard.
So I'd say 3x5.

You could alternate chins and rows.

As for oly, don't do too much for now. You can do some technique exercises with just the bar or even just a stick, but don't go heavy. You're still just building the base on SS.
Overhead squats, power cleans, power snatches, push presses, ... just do a few sets of one or two of those at the end of your workouts, to get a feel for the technique
And a lot of mobility work.

ICF a shit.

witnessed tho

W-why is it shit tho? D:

It's too much volume.
It's something you can work up to from base SL over a few months. And even then.
Bloho himself said it's basically to cover all possible weaknesses and imbalances.

is gs lp good for aesthetics ? should i do gs lp or greek god program ?

What's your wechat id? Or if you'd rather not post it here, I could post my email.

So what'll happen? Been doing it for two months progressing fine.

you are going to die.

alrighty then thanks for the advice I'll do that instead

just do regparks if you want to get some aesthetics in it's much better in terms of progression.

ICF will have you stalling sooner than reg parks or SS because of the volume

Yeah but I don't like doing dips/chinups/pullups because I fucked up my elbow/wrists last time I did them.

learn proper form

I'm trying to fix my hyperlordosis, and everywhere I read say no back work like deadlifts. Is it safe to do Reg Park's SS w/o any back work. Do pull/chin ups count as back or shoulder?

pullups/chinups are almost full body movements.
But primarily lats and biceps.

You'll want to avoid anything that stresses your lower back.
Strengthen your abs
Stretch/release your lower back
(look up what to do with your hip flexors, glutes, hamstrings)

I guess lat pulldowns would be the safest option for back training.

I've been doing hip flexor stretches 3 time a day 1 min each leg, and got rid of my chair at work. For abs I have been doing about pull downs on the tricep push down machine.

What do you mean stretch my lower back? My lower has been hurting from standing at work from poor posture. Every hour or so I'll go into an atg Squat position to move the spine a bit. Feels good but hurts when I stand back up.

What about exercises do you recommend?

foam rolling or other massage stuff can help greatly

"Foam rolling the critical body parts" in the sticky leads to a dead link. :(

Yo trappy

Is it okay to add facepulls to one of the upper days on the beginner UL split from the sticky?
Just at the end, perhaps supersetted with lateral raises or something?

Also, almost 3 months in to lifting, based off my numbers any idea when i should consider an early intermediate program?

OHP: 3x5 for 51 kg
Bench: 3x5: 90 kg
Squat: 3x5 90 kg
Diddy: 1x5: 125 but deloaded to 110 to work on form cus i had back pain.

adding 5 kg a week to squats atm, 1-2,5kg on bench, 1 kg on OHP and 2,5-5 on diddy. Missing some progress here and there on bench, but the other stuff is going okay.
Squat is weak due to torn ACL and therefore imbalances/weakness

playing hockey like 3 times a week this summer, in school also, so my training is going to be pretty selective and i wont be able to make big gains on the barbell lifts. i planned out my training though for during my internship and beyond:

3 months of:

TUE:
bench 5x5
pulldowns/chins 5x5
abs

THURS:
ohp 5x5
deadlift 5x5
neck work
SAT
squat 5x5
curls 5x5
close grip 5x5
wrist curls 3 sets

then 3 months of:
TUE:
incline dumbbell press 5x5-8
rows 5x5-8
abs

THURS:
dumbbell press 5x5
rack pull from knees 5x5
grip 2x10-15

SAT:
front squat 5x5
alt dumbbell curl 5x5
foot elevated pushup (weighted) 5x10
farmers walks

so trappy chan, my right leg is a small bit longer than my left leg is, presumably due to my scoliosis. Do you have anything suggestions on how to alter my squat form to accommodate for this? I've noticed I very much prefer one side when i squat and my feet are in 100% even angle and distance from one another.

greyskull LP better as a 3 day or 4 day-a-week routine?

>tfw I know that feel
Annoys me more during bench presses since one arm is 1.5 or 1 inch longer.

What exercise can I do to substitute bench press?

I've got a similar problem, my right leg is about an inch and half longer than the left.

You've really got to play around with your stance and find what feels comfortable.

Try staggering the longer leg forward an inch or two, and then rotate that foot just a little more outward so the knee can track at a wider angle.

Trannychan why should anybody here take you seriously as a source of lifting information? What have you ever achieved?

if you can't bench, something's wrong

I exercise at home but I can't do bench press now

Nice meme

Hey trappy what is a good program for someone that only has a barbell, dumbbell bar, squat rack, and bench?

It shouldn't be

Reminder that SS is a meme that will take you to T-Rex city.

Rippletits has zero achievements and results as a coach.

Trappy will just shout roids at anyone who makes gains outside of her narrow view on how to lift.

Trappy:

I know you're asleep right now but I would really appreciate it if you took a look at this routine. I mostly need help figuring out percentages and progression, and fine tuning the rep ranges.

Keep in mind my "big 4" are all between intermediate and advanced according to strgraphs.

Thanks!

What's a good abs routine that I can do on off days?

>should I abandon low bar squats
Yes, atg high bar will be beneficial for your pull movements.
There's nothing wrong with your frequency.

This is more of an opinion. But I'd add more accessory exercises to Tuesday and Friday. I'd also have more lower body and less upper body on Saturday.

Hope that helps, user

Ok trappy chan, i need you halp.

Permacut mode/recovering fatty. Been able to progress linearly until pretty recently. Current lifts are
Ohp 135x4
Bench 200x6
Hip thrust 275x6
Chin up w/ 35x5
Row 155x8
Deadlift 275x3 (stopped training dl because it wws making my waistline thicker, call it broscience but i was measuring that shit with a tape measure, so basically i am a massive faggot and there's nothing you can do to stop me)
180lb bw
Previous routine was
Ohp 3x5
Chin 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Side lat raise 3x10-15

Bench (really floor press) 3x5 or 2x4, then 1x8-10
Row 3x5
Hip thrust 3x5
Shrug or snatch pull

How to change this routine for cutting, now that my gains are stalling?

Pretty much every lift has stalled except hip thrust, so i have been lifting like a,bro, trying to get that "volume" in, with no real program, and i feel like my gains are suboptimal.

But i also feel like i am strong and lean enough to where cutting is going to affect my gains.

Why no squat?

How were you lifting and progressing before?
Alternating the two workouts every other day? or?
Adding 5 pounds every workout to every lift? or?

How tall are you? Do you still feel fat?
How long have you been lifting?

Homegym, no squat rack or bench, just a barbell.

My legs are pretty massive from being an obese fat fuck and walking around.
Hip thrusts hit my legs pretty hard, and i do hill sprints, so i have what i would consider optimum leg mass.

Also artemus dolgins says squats widen the waist, and i can believe it. One set of deadlift undoes 1 week of stomach vacuum progress, ime.

I was progressing 5lb a workout, still am on hip thrust, now i do more like kinobody style RPT but i still try to progress my weight.

A lot of times when i make gaind in weight loss i will lost 10lb off the bench or so, then have to progress back up to it.
It was AxBxAxxBxAxB

If possible i would like to lift more days and with higher volume.

Used to be 5lb to every lift, but as of late i focus on one lift per workout, mostly just focusing on shoulders and my pathetic tiny chest.
5'9
Finally got rid of my gut overhang, dont feel fat, but rather fit, i would guess i am at 16-18% body fat.
Been on a proper program, truly lifting since mid january.

Before that i did bodyweight shit, babyweight dumbbell shit, and bodyweight pull ups for like a year before i bought my """""homegym""""""

I typed that confusingly.

I meant to say when imget really good progress on my weight cut, i will slip down 10lb or on a given lift, so a lot of my recent progress has been reclaiming previously made gains.

Yo trappy

Is the assistance work necessary on coan-phillipis deadlift program? I wanna slow the deadlifts into my current program but not really keen on removing a whole day just for the assistance work

weighted dips

Your legs are not going to be "massive" without doing squats and deadlifts.
Don't listen to bodybuilding fags.
Do deadlifts, especially if you can't do squats.

For progression, you could try the "rep goal system"
You set a "rep goal" and use the same weight until you reach that, then increase the weight and repeat.
I.e. you start with a weight that allows you to do 10 total reps (over 3 sets, like 4/3/3) and then use that weight until you can do 20 total reps (like 8/6/4 or 7/6/5), increase the weight so that you can only do 10 total reps etc.

As for the routine, If you're limited to deadlifts and hip thrusts for lower body, I'd suggest a "Push/Pull" 4x/week.

"heavy" means 3-6 rep sets (~10-20 rep goal)
"light" means 8-12 rep sets (~25-35 rep goal)
for bodyweight exercises, just do 3 or 4 sets to failure

A - Pull:
Deadlift - heavy
Row - light
Chinup/pullup

B- Push:
Hip thrusts - heavy
"bench" - light
OHP - heavy
pushups/dips

C - Pull:
Deadlift - light
Row - heavy
Chinup/Pullup

D - Push:
Hip thrusts - light
"bench" - heavy
OHP - light
pushups/dips

If you want to do extra shoulder or arm work, just add a few sets at the end, doesn't really matter how exactly you do it.
If you have dumbbells, you can try doing "floor flies" for your chest. (I think Scooby has videos on that)

Whoa whoa whoa, hold the fucking phone... since when do you guys dislike Push/Pull/Leg workouts??

At the risk of my fragile self esteem, here's my workout.

Split as follows: Monday - Friday, no weekends
ABCABxx
CABCAxx
BCABCxx etc

A. Pull
- Pull ups for 3 mins, 3 sets and rest of 10 secs
- Upright rows, Wide grip 3 x 10
- Deadlifts 5/3/1
- Lat Pulldowns 4 x 10
- Straight Arm Pulldowns 4x 10
- Rows, (switch between cable, bent over DB, t-bar, etc) 4 x 10
- BB Curls 4 x 10 superset 21's at the end of heaviest curls
- DB Hammers 4 x 10

B. Push
- Overhead Press 4 x 10 superset with db lateral raises
- Incline DB Press 4 x 10
- Bench Press 4 x 10
- Flyes (DB incline, Machine, etc) 4 x 10
- BB Front Raises 4 x 10
- Tricep Pushdown 4 x 10
- Weighted Dips 4 x 10

C. Legs
- Calf Extensions 4-5 sets x a lot
- Front Squats 4 x 8-10
- Back Squats ATG 4 x 6-10
- Straight Leg Deadlifts 4 x 10
- Leg Extensions 4 x 10
- Leg Curls 4 x 10

Don't be gentle, tell me how wrong I am.

Does anybody have Caladan's starting girls routine from a while back?

>Your legs are not going to be "massive" without doing squats and deadlifts.
I dont want "massive" legs.
Their current size is sufficient,

Also no offense but that routine looks crazy dumb for me as far as ohp and bench same day, when chest and shoulders are my main focal points, and i dont one to take away from the other..... also probably not gonna deadlift still.

I told you i was a massive faggot...

If you can't or don't want to do PPLPPLx, you should probably do something like
ULxULxx or PPLULxx or PPLxFxx or PPxPPxx

Why do you want to do everything for 10 rep sets?

You should try to do each major lift twice per week (maybe a variation for one of them) and probably do them heavy once (3-6 rep sets) and lighter once (8-12 rep sets).

Taking your exercise selection and applying it to a Upper/Lower (or rather LUxLUxx) would give me something like this:

A - Lower/Deadlift:
Deadlifts 3x5
Front squat 4x10
Calves 4xF
optional leg, lower back and ab isolation

B - Upper/OHP:
OHP 3x5
BB Row 3x5 (pendlay)
Incline DB Press 4x10
Lat pulldowns 4x10
optional bicep, tricep, shoulder isolation

C - Lower/Squat:
Back Squat 3x5
SLDL 4x10
Calves 4xF
optional leg, lower back and ab isolation

D - Upper/Bench:
Bench Press 3x5
weighted chinups 3x5
OHP 4x10
pullups 4xF
optional bicep, tricep, shoulder isolation

As for exercise selection:
upright rows are shit, they fuck your shoulder up.
Front raises are totally unnecessary, front delts get worked enough by pressing.

For the "optional" exercises, you can really do whatever you want and feel like that day.
You can do the same every time, you can do something different every time.
Just be aware that those are *optional*, they are not your main exercises.
They are there to hit weak points and if you maybe want to get a pump at the end.
You can drop them completely if you don't have time or are exhausted or whatever.

If you think so. But don't come here in a year and whine that you have legs too small compared to your upper body.

That's why you do the combination "heavy bench - light OHP" and "heavy OHP - light bench". One as a strength movement, the other for volume.

And they are not going to take away from each other. That is a stupid myth.

>don't come here in a year and whine that you have legs too small compared to your upper body.
Seems silly, i would probably just buy a squat stand and start squatting rather than complain.

I cant imagine my upper body can get big enough as a natty to where i need to grow my legs any more, but i'll see how they look at 10% bf

Also what is the benefit of that scheme of bench and ohp as opposed to ohp day and bench day, doing rpt?
How would they not take away from each other? If my shoulders and triceps are fatigued from a previous pressing exercise, how would i not press less?

Your 10rm of ohp wont suffer if you do a heavy bench session first?

You're going to press less. This isn't the same thing as getting less growth or less strength gains from the movement.

You don't do 10 rep sets to test your 10RM. You do it for volume, do apply stress to the muscle and to practice the movement.

You do heavy sets of 1-5 reps to test your strength.

Progressing on your strength movement is the most important.

If you increase the weight on bench press, but don't increase the reps or weight on OHP, you still hit a PR and stimulated the muscle more than the week before.

> Why do you want to do everything for 10 rep sets?
My thought process was focusing on a single compound workout for strength 3 x 5, and have the rest 4 x 10 for muscle growth. Usually on pull days I go heavy on Deadlifts, on push days I go heavy on Overhead or Bench Press, and on leg day I usually go heavy on Front or Back Squats.

> upright rows are shit, they fuck your shoulder up.
That they do, I use to do shrugs but went back to Upright rows for lower weight and only the wide grip version. I'll make sure to cut out upright rows again.

> Front raises are totally unnecessary, front delts get worked enough by pressing.
I try to do hit shoulders hard, I start off with Overhead Press and I also like to hit the front, side and rear muscles with a light 4 x 10, Front Raises, Lateral Raises, and Rear Cable Crossovers. Plus Front raises make me look beastly lol.

I appreciate your recommendations, I'll give your workout a try and make sure to hit my major lifts twice per week.

I'm coming into my season for my sport and I'm planning on switching from a PPLx2 routine to a 5 day split. Any recommendations?

something like PPLULxx , ULxULxx or PPLxFxx

Who is this Olympic weightlifter?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiromi_Miyake

Yes, it's what's written in the program.

If you don't like the assistance work, you can customise it, but then it's not the same program and you should expect different results.
Alternatively, just look into another program.

Whatever you find fun.
There's lots of stuff on youtube.com/user/JDCav24/search?query=abs

Looks ok but I'd suggest higher frequency for the back squat and the OHP.

fitsticky.com/novice-programs

Dips or single-bar dips
Floor press
OHP

3 days

Yes, facepulls are fine if you like them.

You didn't say your bodyweight, so I'm not sure, but I'd recommend you stick with a novice program for now, since you're still able to progress fine.

Just send an email to afoxinthewoodsx at gmail dot com

Read the "routine tips" section on fitsticky.com/novice-programs

Yes you can do chinups on every workout.
If you find your grip is tired after the deadlifts, just use straps or hookgrip the pullup bar.

You can integrate Snatches to the DL day and do the full Cleans on the Power Clean day.
It's also a good idea to start doing front squats at least once per week, on wednesday instead of the back squat, as front squats are more specific for WL.

Watch these videos:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FYhl4P8OnCd_C2v2tjOC55X

Keep in mind you'll pretty much need weightlifting shoes to be able to have enough flexibility for snatching and cleaning deep.

Back squat doesn't matter. Highbar, lowbar, they're all unspecific for WL. It's just strength training.
If you want to start WL, start Front Squatting more. That's the important one.

5/3/1 isn't the best way to go if you want to start with WL. I'd recommend a beginner's WL program instead. You're not gonna abandon strength training because most of those programs include a lot of strength training.

You can stick to your routine if you want to go slowly at first, but I'd recommend you start working on the full clean and the full snatch. Doing powers only isn't gonna be very beneficial at all.
And start training the C&J and Snatch with the bar at least 2-3x per week.
Watch the videos linked in this post.

Just alternate between volume and intensity work, plan your program using the Texas Method.

That should keep you progressing for a while.

If that doesn't work, go with something slower. 5/3/1 works well for people cutting who can't progress on anything else.

PS: No lbs reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>artemus dolgins says squats widen the waist

Artemus is a retard. Every oldschool bodybuilder did heavy squats and deadlifts - including big names like Arnold, Park, Franco, Zane, etc.
In fact, many competed in Powerlifting as a side hobby.
And they all had thin waists and deep vacuums.

Your waist gets wider if you get fat or use HGH.

>Hip thrusts hit my legs pretty hard

Hip thrusts don't hit your legs, it's for your glutes. Unless you're doing hip thrusts wrong.

>My legs are pretty massive from being an obese fat fuck and walking around.

No they're just fat.

Learn to clean & front squat.

And deadlift.

Or don't, no one cares. Do whatever you want.

Just inherited a humble home gym, pic related minus my dumbbells. I've been doing weighted dips previously, but instead of dropping $70+ on a dip station, I decided to opt for rings to hang on the chin up bar.
I have now realized that ring dips are way harder, which isn't a problem in itself, but should I eventually add weight to them or would that be dangerous?

You can get dip bar addons for he power rack

I'm Thanks, my BW is around 85 kg.
Also, isnt the novice ULxULxx split kinda weekly progression? Squat is the only lift where i add weight to my 3x5 every session, the other lifts are only added to on a weekly basis. is this correct?

checked

Trappy pls post a video of you lifting

I've been lifting for three weeks now doing SS and I've got an almost constant lower back soreness. I'm keeping my chest up, foot stance a bit wider than shoulder width with toes pointing outward, elbows behind the bar, etc.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Should I deload, maybe I'm lifting too much?

Pls r8

A
Squat 3x5
Bench Press 3x5
Kroc Rows 3xF
Neck Curls 3xF
Hanging Leg Raises 3xF

B
Squat 3x5
Overhead Press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Chin/Pull ups 3xF superset w/ Dips 3xF
Hanging Leg Raises 3xF

Hey trappy, thoughts about this for hypertrophy? (men physique, a friend of mine also post one routine, but he's a bench only guy)

Mon: Pecs n biceps
Incline Bench: rest 1 min 30s
1x20* warmup
2x15
1x12
1x10 rest 20 sec, 2 reps, rest 20 sec, 2 reps
Chinups
3x6
Dumbell Bench
4x10 rest 2 min
Ez bar curl rest 2 min
3x10
Hammer curl rest 2 min
2x12
Scot dumbell curl rest 1 min
1x10
1x12
1x15 every time less weight.
Abs
4x12 leg raises 1.30 min rest
2x30s weighted planks

Tue: quads, femoral, calves
5x8 squat lowbar 3 min rest
4x12 femoral curl
leg press 2 min rest
1x5
1x6
2x8
Calves in smith machine rest 1 min
1x15
1x20
1x30

Wed: Back and tri
Pullups
2x5
2x8
1xF unweighted
Dips 2x8 weighted
1xf unweighted
Skullcrushers smith machine
2x12
2x15
1x20
Cable rows
4x15 1 min rest
lat pulldown wide
2x15 1 min rest
1x20
Planks
3x30sec
Thur: Cardio swimming 30-40 min
Abs 4x12, planks
Fri: pec, bi, and shoulder
Same as Mon, but OHP instead of incline and lateral raises 1x8, 1x10, 1x12, 1x15, 1x20 1 min rest

Sat: Morning cardio (8 am) swimming 20-30 min
5pm Back and legs
3x8 snatch grip Deadlifts 2min rest
3x6 pullups wide 2 min rest
4x12 cable rows wide 1 min rest
Pullovers
2x10
1x12
1x15
3x15-20 abs
3x30s planks
Sunday: rest

Pullups are in a very wide tube so I also hit forearms and Diddys are without straps

I got u bb ;)

Does Veeky Forums's Greyskull LP (as described on fitsticky.com) make you CHOOSE or ALTERNATE between Rows and Chinups?

Autismsplits
hit gym later than usual x1
people x150
wait for powerrack x1
highjack smith machine for OHP 3x5, add weight because lol don't need to balance that shit.
acquire rack, squats 5x5
after each set a different person comes up and asks me how long i'm going
decide this is bullshit, move dips, pullups and deadlift to next day right after work, go home.

Can you post new lewds? We could use a boost in motivation ;)

In my leg day I'm doing assisted one legged pistol squats with my hands on a pole. I think the pistol squat is a cool exercise and relatively safe, yet I feel like doing an incomplete/assisted version of it is a slower way to the real exercise, than doing other leg strength exercises. It's the same thing I feel for pull ups/ chin ups, since I'd rather do dumbbell rows than negative pull ups/ chin ups. So, what do you think guys? Should I keep doing the assisted single leg squats (that nevertheless still make me feel sore the day after) or should I switch to another exercise. If I did, it would have to be something safe and done with dumbbells. In the winter I was doing dumbbell squats ass to grass, while being watched by my brother, but now I don't feel confident in doing them alone. So if I changed the assisted pistol squats I'd do maybe:
A) Dumbbell lunges
B) Dumbbell step ups on bench/chair
C) Dumbbell goblet squat
or D) Dumbbell sumo/pile squat
I'm also considering bulgarian split squats, but I feel like they need to much balance.
What do you guys think?

actually nvm, fuck sumo squats, they don't really allow you to go below parallel. Also, fuck bulgarian split squats since they need a lot of balance and they don't feel like an exercise for a beginner. So I guess that leaves me with DB Lunges, DB Step Ups and DB Goblet Squat

You still check that email?

>mfw we had a pen-pal thing going and you just disappeared

My suggestion would be that you either work up to a full pistol squat (check startbodyweight.com for the progression) or that you do any combination of the three excercises you listed.

>Your waist gets wider if you get fat or use HGH.
Bitch i can measure my waist before and after a set of deadlift, i usually gain 3-5cm to my waist, which takes me a week of daily stomach vacuums to lose again.

As far as hip thrusts, if i pull my heels in to my body, my hamstrings and cavles die before my glutes. If i push my feet away from my body, my quads die out before my glutes.

Given that i can do this with almost 300lb, and my legs are weak as fuck, i am not overly concerned.

And like i said, as long as i stay natty, my upper body cannot get too big for my lower body.
Lower body development is not an aim of mine, even if that makes me sound like a benchbro.

>No they're just fat.
No, cunt.

They USED to be fat. Back when i was 255lb

Now i weigh under 180 and they are lean, but still have musculature from my former obesity.

Post pics of your thighs.

How would one set up a program that would focus on oly lifts but still be progressing on the big 3 (or 4)?

Trappy give me a 4 day strength/hypertrophy program with all main compounds. no cleans

I'm doing this because I fucked around for a while before doing a serious beginner routine, but I don't want to lose all my arm gains.

Low or high bar?

Y'all motherfuckers make fun of greg o'gallagher for having tiny thighs, and his leg proportions are literal perfection.

I dont have shit to prove to you autists, if i want more leg mass i will squat, but i don't so who gives a damn?

Can you literally not write a routine without skwatz?

>not being a pioneer of the midbar masterrace

so I have been trying to teach myself the clean for untold months, and after watching the klokov videos, I think I was just pulling too high for me to pull myself under the bar, and I wasn't contacting the thighs hard enough.

So after drilling that for a day, i was able to do what i think is a proper clean, but both my thighs are bruised from bar contact

A-am I doing it right?

>her

Agreed though. Also don't forget that everything that goes outside of his xenophobic training bubble is a meme.

Reddit pls go.

yes.

Oh and reddit....

Everything that he disagrees with is roids, meming, or reddit.

Do you disavow Reddit or not?

High bar

Is reddit ppl for begginers any good?

Can anyone recommend a mainly aesthetics program for intermediate lifters? Goal body > Goal strength in this case