I have trouble sleeping

I go to the gym and wreck myself. I tire my mind out when I study for professional exams. I eat clean and drink a lot of water. Yet no matter how exhausted I am lying on my bed, my mind is overactive as shit and can't relax

What the shit bros?

try resurrect pm, it's a sleep supplement for lifters. It helps put me to sleep and stay asleep while releasing more growth hormone.

I lay in bed for hours every night, I want to die

honestly me too

sometimes i stay up all night just laying in bed and just decide to get up at 3 am and do nothing for 3 hours

Before lifting:
>8 solid hours of sleep per night.
Now:
>3-5 hours of restless tossing around +maybe an 1 hour nap.

WTF is this shit?

I also noticed that if I get less than 5-6h of solid sleep my lifts start plateauing or even going down ie. I'm fucked.

sounds like you need some time off
try going out for a walk in the evening, just think about shit
works for me

dr gave me lorazapam.. :) I sleep like a baby on a bunch of medication.

Do benzos fuck up gains?

ZMA
stack it with some sleep aid

Take 1-5mg melatonin 30 mins before bed. You can buy it in any supplement store or section at a supermarket.

nope they fuck up brain and addiction is unreal.
dont do it please, just dont

This isn't gonna put u to sleep tho breh. It's only something that helps your mind get sleepier if you're already on a semi consistent schedule every night.

It won't help insomnia brehs

Something that I've been doing for a long time:

>Get a white noise maker.
>Cut and sew a pocket into a 70" bodypillow.
>Get a 70" plush pillow lining
>Get a 70" soft cotton pillow cover of someone you like/admire (currently for me, a picture of my boyfriend sleeping).
>Get some faux fur that feels like headhair
>Attach it via velcro to the end of thepillow lining
>Put the white noise maker in the pillow and load it to make slow breathing/heart/stomach sounds - so basically womb sounds if guys had wombs
>Go to sleep half resting on the pillow, with the head positioned over the white noise maker

Ever since I started doing this, sleep comes really fast.

Yeah, but the downside is you have to kill anyone who stumbles upon the abomination.

A sip or two of whiskey will do the job.

Youre anxious. Theres some part of your life that you done like and deep down you know you need to change it. Meditate on what it is, figure out how to change it, develop a plan, and start making progress.

Melatonin

I've lived with fluctuating sets of roommates for about seven years now, and almost without exception they've made fun of me for it. But I've never once been embarrassed of it. It's a sleep aid. What's there to be embarrassed of?

Though I do keep it hidden when my boyfriend is around because he expressly told me not to make a dakimakura of him. Also I have a recording of him sleeping which he didn't say no to directly but would probably be pretty damning if he found.

Not that I think he'd break up with me for having these things, but it'd definitely make him uncomfortable I think.

promethazine i.e phenergan

I hope to god you're a guy.

No I'm not vaguely anxious about something, I feel like there is a legion of shrill voices in my head just below the threshold of conscious thought. I am too afraid to fall asleep because I see more than hellish things in every one. I can no longer fall asleep - only fall unconscious from exhaustion. Each time I despair when I sense my vision growing dim. Each time I come to a broken man. Will melatonin fix this? What doses do you guys take?

>I hope to god you're a guy.
Why?

That's not creepy at all

I cant sleep sincr she left me
She was a lil chubby but so warm and never snored. Wide hips, huge titties.
But that warmth. Her body was loke a furnace, never needed the heat during the winder. And she was so..fucking...cute.
Havent slept a single good night since

That's what my boyfriend says. But we've been dating for a year and he has no other complaints, except that I have sometimes expressed a desire to keep a dakimakura of him.

But honestly I don't see what's so wrong about that. It's weirder to me, listening to some stranger who was paid to make sleepy sounds into a microphone every night instead when I could just be listening to him.

Lol she sounds cute as fuck making stuff like that. Why is it only penis autists are allowed to do non-normie shit?

I mean wouldn't it be weirder for me to prefer some stranger's vocal accompaniment to that belonging to whom I'm faithful?

Have you expressed a desire to kill him if he ever looks at another person?
But seriously, you need some help with that, the sleeping problem seems like the least of your problems

Are you by any chance fond of knives

as weird as the body pillow is, I understand your desire to have one of your boyfriend.
Smell
Feel
Taste
All things that comfort us when a lover is close and can cripple us when they are away.
I had a hoody that I let a girlfriend wear (but she could never take with her) when I'd go to bed i'd smell it and feel better like she was there.

Because I have successfully convinced myself that all women are boring as fuck. If that illusion is shattered I'll have to leave my white-bread gf and go find a qt3.14 yandere.

Honestly 2.5mg knocks me out. I had sleeping problems for years and it really helps. If I take anything more though it doesn't do anything except make me a zombie in the morning.

As a tool for cooking, knives are great. But to be honest, not really? I guess they're kinda cool. But like my boyfriend has steel replica blades for the Master Sword and a couple others. I think he has Ruroni Kenshin's sword too. But to be honest I was kinda taken aback to find that they were real. I thought they were just cosplay tools. But no they're definitely real!

As for weaponry in general, a lot of it is mechanically interesting. E.g. I built a springload trebuchet in elementary school and an electromagnetic trebuchet in middle school. Also I help my boyfriend's dad clean his guns after he goes hunting and stuff. And that's fun. I like how elegant the gearboxes for pistols are, especially. And antique rifles have pretty gearboxes too. Clockwork machines are really fun! It's a lot of why I enjoyed Howl's Moving Castle so much.

Right!? It just makes sleeping alone so much easier!

I think it's much the same idea of having religion, where Jesus (or whatever other deity) is always around and present. Like a lot of my Catholic friends claim to feel His presence as they sleep, and they tell me that it's profoundly comforting.

It's like that, I think, having a breathing dakimakura.

I forgot to mention in my >howto that I also gave mine a batterypack and heated liner though. It really brings the comfort to the next level. And since I spray my sheets with his cologne, it's almost like he's there.

Sometimes my love of smells gets me in trouble though.

Like about a month ago
>go to pick boyfriend up at gym
>we're about to leave when his gym buddy arrives and challenges him to some basketball
>he asks me to hold his gym bag while they play
>I hold it and sit down outside the court
>His gym buddy notices me smelling it and bursts out laughing

Sometimes I wish I didn't have these compulsions but I guess in the big picture they're not so bad - like I could have pica or something.

>tfw no yandere qt gf to love you to death

Now I'm jelly, but that's still crazy yo

This is the first time anybody's been jealous of my daki. You don't think it's creepy?

Nah, that shit's still crazy, I'm mad about the "loved one smelling your clothes" thing, good luck with the body pillow though

I've had trouble sleeping all my life. I would lay there for like 5 or 6 hours every night before i fell asleep and end up with about two hours before i had to get up for work.
Thing that helped me was getting depression. The medication i take makes me feel physical pain from being so tired about an hour after i take it.

Don't lift right before sleep, allow at least 2 hours between end of woorkout and sleep.

Don't drink caffeine or pre/post workouts that contain uppers

Spend at least 1 hour before bed reading in dim light, not in bright light like at a computer

Go to bed at the same time every night.

Wake up at the same time every morning at least 8 hours after going to bed. 9 would be better.

If you wake up during the night go back to bed, if you cannot, read for 30 minutes then go to bed.

>senpai daki
>boxer sniffing
Is it really that big a difference?

nothing helps

my mind just wanders like crazy, it's insane. It's not about stress or anything, just retarded stuff like "I wonder what kind of a movie I'd do if I had infinite money" or "how do flies land upside down on the ceiling"

I try to not think anything but I start thinking about not thinking and it's all downhill from there. It's a constant struggle and on top of that I simply cannot find a comfortable position to sleep in

I sometimes wonder if I'm just the kind of person who needs someone to hold while sleeping and holding a pillow makes me fall asleep faster but that's gay as fuck and I'll never get to truly prove it since I'll die alone

Alcohol actually results in less restful sleep, many studies prove that much. It fucks with rem cycle and such.

It's not as creepy

Have you tried meditating? Or just sitting still, letting your mind wonder like that during the day instead of watching tv or playing a game?

Very few people actually sit and think about whatever comes to mind. Instead they move from structured work to structured play or even passive entertainment like tv.

It is actually a great way to determine what is important to you, what you think, why you think it, what your goals are, why you want those goals, what specific actions you can take to make progress towards those goals.

>t' Crazy Bitch

>Ctrl+F meditate
>only 2 resuts

Most of you aren't gonna make it

Well I have tried it, but it's just aimless wandering. I feel like I haven't gotten much out of it, although it's pretty relaxing, kind of like leaving reality behind for a moment and just existing with your thoughts. It's like drifting along a river on a sunny day, it's nice and all but what am I really doing?

The doc got me this pills named zopiclone 7.5 mg and i dont even remember going to sleep once I pop one. Doc says it takes 30 mins to kick in but to me, id say less than an hr tops.
30 pills for 7 bucks. Pills are small as a ladybug and you only need to take one. Only side affect from what I've felt, im more relaxed and calm throughout the day. Maybe its because I get more sleep now

not them, I like meditation and all but i couldn't ever stick with it for more than 3-4 weeks just like i cant stick with a stable sleep schedule for more than 5 days, which sucks because the 5 days or so i can I feel fuyckin great

kill me now

It's training your mind to be more mindful of how your thoughts affect your reality, so mediating once or twice is like going to the gym once and wondering why there isn't any gains.

If I'm thinking then it doesn't matter what I do, I can't sleep. Doesn't matter how tired I am either.

Drowsy pills (anything where the side effect is that), T3s, ambitripyline (however you spell it) in high doses, ZMA, etc does nothing.

The only thing that makes me tired beside alchohol is weed though I don't smoke it, but that only makes me tired, not sleep.

The only things that have put me to sleep are during surgery (stayed awake during one) and passing out, not drunk, but straight up passing out.

I have to literally clear my mind to sleep and not think about anything important or mildly important. There's been quite a few times where I've stayed awake for 3 nights straight and went to work for 12 hours, which makes me fuck up on the dumbest things.

So I try my best not to miss surfire sleeps. When I used to go out, as soon as I'd get tired I'd leave wherever I was and go to bed. No matter what was happening.

2 days out of this week I missed sleep because I was going back to work for instance. A month of goodnights, and as soon as I have to work again, my mind wanders.

Have you tried something like just laying out in your back yard in the grass, closing your eyes and thinking? Shit is relaxing, and you get outside, see nature, etc.

yeah but when I go to the gym I have a set program to follow, I know exactly what I'm doing and it's easy to make gains since I have a lot of knowledge and experience. I spot my flaws and I know what's what

with meditating it's just so random. How long should I be doing it anyway? 3 sets of 30 minutes each week?

>it's nice and all but what am I really doing?

retraining your mind to be able to catch yourself getting stuck in negative thought loops. you learn to clear your mind and keep moving toward your goals instead of dwelling on things.

force yourself to do it every morning and night until its habit, like going to the gym. you should go into it realizing that you plan to continue doing it for the rest of your life.

>mediating once or twice is like going to the gym once and wondering why there isn't any gains.

truth

You talk about not being able to sleep, then you mention you take things that can affect your ability to sleep like pills, alcohol, and weed.

Has it ever occurred to you that it takes time for your body to adjust, and the best thing you could do for your long term sleep habits is to drop them completely and commit to the things that people in this thread have mentioned?

Your overthinking it. It should be without structure. What ever you happen to be thinking that day. The only purpose is to understand.

well idk where the best place to start again with meditation is.

are there any good meditation videos on youtube you could recommend, cause thats really the only way i have meditated and it works well so why stop?
pls help

>with meditating it's just so random.

just sit for a while and observe the fucked up shit that forces itself to surface. you'll get a better realization of what's stressing you out in your life and can take action to fix it. As a bonus I found my addiction for things is basically non-existent these days. I'm perfectly content when doing nothing at all, no need for constant stimulation.

>How long should I be doing it anyway? 3 sets of 30 minutes each week?

I like 20 minutes every morning and 20 minutes every night. It might seem like a lot but I can promise it will do you a lot better than the same time on Veeky Forums.

It takes some time though, I think they're looking for immediate results

melly will spike your tolerance like crazy. like i'm already on 12mg after starting at 3 in september. also had to start taking benadryl and a capsule called "snooze time," which contains valerian root, chamomile, and some other stuff that i should probably actually research. taking double/quadruple doses of everything just to knock myself out.

part of the problem for me is definitely all the preworkout tho, not gonna lie.

Lmao you fucking Retard.

>tfw started having trouble sleeping 3 weeks ago

I don't get it. I've never had this problem before. There's no change in my life that happend recently that should stop me from sleeping either.

Breh

75-100mg diphenhydramine will knock you out. It's what's in zzzquil but it's much much cheaper if you buy it by itself.

Yup. I have insomnia confirmed by two sleep studies, and I have learned to fall asleep within minutes by meditating. I used to sleep literally every other night because I couldn't fall asleep.

Not gay ass spiritual hippy third eye aura empty mind shit.

Just concentrate on relaxing literally every muscle, head to toe. Get a position where your pillow holds your jaw shut and just go top to bottom: relax eyebrows, eyelids,eyes, mouth, jaw, tongue, neck, traps, shoulders, arms, forearms, fingers, back, hips, glutes, hams, quads, calves, toes

Go in waves. You'll be surprised how much you can relax the muscles if you just try.

your body doesnt sleep based on when you want to sleep, but when you get up. EG if you get up at 730 everyday your body will eventually be like fuck it, this bitch needs to be in bed by 12 and youll get sleepy around then. if you go to bed and wake up at abnormal times throughout the weeks, your body wont give a shit.

>daily meditation
>bright light during the day
>no blue night at night (get flux)
>activity during the day
>read before bed
>chamomile, valerian, tulsi, skullcap, catnip, kava tea
>magnesium citrate
>glycine
>theanine
>occasional 5HTP

Alzheimer's.

yeah gotta agree flux is great

Get a bottle of melatonin. That shit will put you and get your sleep cycle back on track.

>go to bed early, fall asleep instantly
>wide awake 5 hours later
Will glycine save my gains?