/qtddtot/ Time

Old one at 300+ again
Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

nattyornot.com/chest-flys-useless-exercises-mass-builder/
nattyornot
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Locking out one's joints and balancing your weight seems like an excellent way to make things momentarily easier on your muscles and momentarily harder, by an equal measure, on your joints. It also, I imagine, might have some stretching effect on the muscles being used that is even greater then simply locking out during a stretch with no weight.

Obviously locking out has it's place in competition and maybe PRs and crossfit.

But should locking out have it's place in everyone's day to day lifts?

I'm currently doing starting strength and I switched around the exercises because this guy was taking forever on the squat rack.
Instead of doing Squats -> Bench -> DL
I went Bench -> Squats -> DL
It's not bad to do it right?
Also, in between Bench and Squats, I had about a 15-20min rest because this guy was taking forever in the squat rack. Shouldn't be a problem right?

Shouldn't be a problem, but just make sure you never deadlift before you squat

Is sodium bloat really a thing that may prevent you from seeing your lower abs? I can see the top ones but there's still some puff around my lower ones.

>suffer testicular injury
>acne starts springing up all over
>hairs coming out of shoulders

wtf did I do to my nuts?

Probably not in your case but you could just try going light on the sodium and dehydrating yourself for 2 days to see if it makes a difference.

What are the benefits of starting on SS rather than PPL ?

What's a good estimate for length of time i can count on noob gains for ? Should i still get them if i worked out for 6 months a year ago ?

What's a good youtube channel for getting informed ?

Thank you

You've activated your hidden test, time to leave humanity behind

More strength n better foundation
3 months
Athlean x, scottherman,alan thrall

SS is more tailored for beginners and you can expect faster, more linear gains.

I'd say since you have already lifted it you should just do SS until you feel you have exhausted noobgains (i.e. you keep stalling and adding weight every workout is not feasible).

As for youtube channels, I reccomend Alan Thrall, Johnny Candito, Scooby, and other guys like that. Try and avoid the meme channels like sixpackshortcuts and athleanx (for the most part). The starting strength youtube channel is nice aswell

nattyornot.com/chest-flys-useless-exercises-mass-builder/

What are Veeky Forums's thoughts on this ?

Hurt my lower back from bad squat form, tried to change form on 3rd set like an idiot

Lumbar area and sides of thighs are in pain (might just be DOMS from previous squats)

Plz offer advice on how to stop pain,

Ibuprofen and some food. Get a massage from your qt. And stay off it for 2 days.

pretty shitty article, the only argument it gives is that chest flies can hurt you pretty bad if you are reckless with them.
No explanation as to why they are useless

I started lifting 2.5 months ago while cutting, When do my lifts start to stall (Noob gains stop)?

Does doing cardio matter if i'm already on a 500-700 calorie deficit?

>nattyornot

stopped reading there because its clearly shit.

how do i lose weight without feeling tired?

Restricting my calories to 1800 daily has always made me a lot slower mentally and sapped my ability to get work done. I'm busting my ass with summer classes now and if I can't focus, my grades are going to fall.

Does this deserve it's own thread?

You are adding a moment arm by extending your hands outward. There is no secret muscle that is activated by doing this. It's physically impossible for a db fly to do anything that a db bench press can't do. They are an identical motion but for the db fly begging for an injury.

what kind of testicular injury? how do i replicate this?

Is there such a thing as cardio ceiling for a smoker?

I've been smoking 10 cigs a day for something like 12 years now. Will I ever be able to run a marathon in decent time if I just train hard enough or will I get a heart attack before I ever get any good at running?

>smoking in 2016

5'10, 145 pounds. 15-18% body fat (not sure.) i have a shit ton of lower back fat, fat inner thighs, and some fat on my man tits/stomach. never lifted in my life. should i try to cut down to 135 to get rid of this fat and then bulk, or just say fuck it and lift while eating at my TDEE?

What should my carbs fat protein ratio be?
I made a diet plan but I just calculated the ratios and mine are 27% carbs 45% fat and 28 percent protein. I'm getting in enough protein and calories by the way. Am I going to feel more tired with only 27 percent carbs (159 grams) ? Or is it not that important

So I'm doing my first LP, but I'm also trying to do 3 sets of 21's during my A workout. I'm not sure how I should treat these, like should I be trying to add a little weight each time? It's so easy to overestimate how much you can do with that particular exercise.

I can't really tell if I'm fucking up here. Lots of people say to add 21's to your workout for a bit of added size, but they never say how many sets to do or how to progress.

Just finished swimming. Been seeing double for about 2 hours now. Is this normal? Maybe the chlorine?

does anyone know any good diets for bulking that you can eat everyday and not get any terrible negative health side effects from them?

There are Olympic athletes who smoke. As long as you're not a heavy chain smoker and you're in otherwise good health, it won't have much of a detrimental effect on your physical performance.

lift you skinny faggot, you are underweight for your height and you are thinking you should cut?

fuck no
fuck it and lift, don't overeat

Currently on SL 5x5 as a novice
Can I switch pendlay rows for Yates rows? My pendlay form is shit and are hell on myower back. Can't seem to get that problem out of Yates Rowz

Should i do a strength oriented full upper body workout 3 times a day while on a heavy cut? Want to do 3 days of cardio while maintainin strength gains. Keep in mind im high bodyfat but been lifting half a year so far.

did the same thing a few weeks ago.

do your balls hurt too?

It's likely your SI joint. I couldn't walk straight or squat for about 2 weeks before it got better. Just give it time, and try to stretch it if you can. Just lying around all day is the worst thing you can do.

I decided to start running to crosstrain for cycling and I managed to give myself a stress fracture. Should I be looking to correct form/get different shoes once I heal up or was I really just a stupid faggot that should've started with 1-2 miles at a moderate pace and worked up from there?

help

just bought an oly bar for $14.98 at a store closeout.

what can I do with it given I have no weights and no bench? I can curl it about 35 times without stopping and OHP it about 60. how do I get more than a pump with this thing

Yeah, eat more of a normal healthy diet.

Coming back to lifting after a time-demanding semester. Lot of strength lost, muscle imbalance particularly in triceps, lats, shoulders. My 4/5 day split I had before taking a break isn't really cutting it.

I'm considering going to SL 5x5 to build a good basis again, with some isolation movements. Any other tips/better ideas?

Do macros really matter if you're eating under your tdee and you feel mostly fine all day.

>pole vault
>swing like ax from one end
>set both ends on elevated platforms of equal height and do pull-ups
>throw like a javelin
>stick one end into the ground so it stands upright and pole dance on it
>marching band baton routines

if i do a normal bulk ill get even fatter.

so my options are cut more then normal bulk, or just lean/clean bulk.

Seriously given your weight, height and anal questions the best advice I can give you it

JUST FUCKING LIFT

Do this for a few months and track how you are eating. Once you have actually done something besides overthink the simplest thing there is in life then evaluate your bf, weight, strength and look. Then and only then. Like three months, not "ive been lifting for 10 days, once every 3 days and I dont see any progress" bullshit. Then come back with broad questions that dont deserve their own threads.

Alright atm I'm 5'10 and 142 pounds, trying to pack on some muscle mass

can I get visible abs and get bigger at the same time? Or do I have to bulk till I'm a fat cunt then cut?

How much sleep is "enough"? Is it just 8 hours?

Pls respond

younger you are the more sleep you need. 8 hours is pretty much optimal for 15-24 or something like that

If you are above 12% BF and questioning wether or not it's the sodium you ate that has them visible or not, you are staring down the wrong hallway. Yes sodium bloat is factually real, but the perceptible difference is only noticeable once you get rather lean.

athlean-x on youtube is good for raw science-based learning. not the most entertaining guy but he knows his stuff.

if you continue to cut, newb gains might keep coming for another couple months despite caloric deficit. from then on you'll pretty much need to be in a caloric surplus to some degree in order to add lean muscle mass.

lots of caffiene, take in the majority of your carbs in the AM

fuck it and lift while eating tdee for 2 months to recomp, then actually go into small caloric surplus (+300) for 6-8 months. going straight to the bulk is better long term but that's on you.

protien is the only one that matters for the most part in that situation. keep protein at 0.8g per lb of bodyweight so ensure minimal muscle atrophy due to prolonged caloric deficit.

Answer pls

Highly unlikely. What you're describing is called recomping and it's a painfully slow process, much slower and less end results than simply bulking at a moderate caloric surplus (+300ish) until you have good enough muscle mass to justify a cut (usually 6 months at a minimum). And by much slower I mean probably 25% as efficient.

Recomping is usually reserved for people who already have significant muscle mass, need to trim only 5-10 pounds and have 2-3 months to do it properly/slowly. It allows them to not have to full fledge cut in a caloric deficit. Strongly advised against during first year of lifting if you want to make notable progress, it's extremely inefficient.

2, 3, and 6 seem viable, anyone else?

I know this is pussy shit but still

I'm a skeleton (6'1" 160lbs) and have been lifting for about a month, but I really havent seen any strength gains and no changes in how i look (obviously).

I think this is because I'm not eating enough so I've been counting my calories and i've hit +500 over my tdee for the past 5 days.

How often and how much weight should I be able to add after every workout? (for example if I was doing an upper lower split should I add weight on every upper day, or every week on the same day, and how much?)

>recomping

Isn't that what zyzz did

No. Hes been decomping

Answer pls

should i be worried about the saturated fats my trail mix gives out?

Also how much saturated fat should i limit a day without fucking up my macros?

just want to say thanks for answering my question bro

lol'd at decomping.

No, Zyzz had bulk/cut cycles like most lifters. He just never bulked above 10%BF, ever. Most people are more willing to hit the 12-14% range when bulking. In his last video before he died he talked about how he was currently bulking and how you could see the loss of definition in his abs.

Not to mention Zyzz was on multiple AAS + DNP, so trying to speculate how that influenced his diet is anyones guess.

oh shi-

Any opinion on this routine.

Can I go heavy while on yohimbine?

Also, if I were to lift before my low intensity cardio, how many minutes before the entire workout should I take YHCL+Caf? (ex. lifting at 6pm, around 7pm I should be done with my routine and do cardio; should I take it at 5:30pm or 6:30pm?)

bump

do you have a job

Full time

That is a heinously large amount of volume

Opinions on the quality of the routine? I made a couple minor changes:
>Dumbbell press instead of barbell
>Replaced face pulls with reverse flyes
>Replaced second bicep exercise of pull day with cable Xovers (Wanted a little more focus on chest without adding volume to push day)
>Calf raises are seated

>Inb4 no deadlifts

Are you on gear? No reason for a natty to do a brosplit like that. Stick to heavy compounds 3-4x a week + 2-3 accessories bis/tris/chest.

Male 6"1 ottermode, how much lean mass ?

Thanks balconybro. You're one of the few tripfags on this board that aren't annoying so far.

Wait why is that a problem. I do dead lift squat then rdl and switch the two deadlifts every now and then

They don't, I'm gonna go to a doc if it still hurts tomorrow

25 lbs

kek

why chest accessoires?

Any opinions (strongly held or otherwise)?

shameless self bump.

Is the hexbar suitable to use for deadlifts?

he got abs as he went wtf is this shit

How much peanut butter is typically spread across a standard slice of bread

5 tablespoons

1) I've lost a significant amount of weight from my year-long bulk (went 184-160), and I finally have a
visible ab muscles, but I still have a fucking pouch of fat underneath them. How fucking long do I need
to cut to get rid of this god damn love handle?

2) Is there an alternative to bulk-cut cycles in terms of building muscle efficiently? I've heard
some talk on this board of building muscle without doing such a cycle. Anyone have an alternative (inb4 lose gains)?

3) Lastly, I've talked to a few bros who are "intermittent bulking," and they say it's pretty
legit. I personally have done an intermittent fast so far and am very happy with it. Is int bulking
a way to build muscle effectively without putting on as much fat?

No

Ill give you two guesses to which question I am answering.

Low bar squatting anything over 3 plates kills my right shoulder for a couple of days after; can't lift hand past shoulder height, can't sleep on that side. Heard thumbless grip can cause this but thumbed grip kills my wrists. Also I have inflammatory arthritis, its probably that huh.

That sounds real fuckin' bad m8. Not an expert on arthritis, but you should probably drop the weight and work up to it again slowly. Start stretching before you lift heavy if you're not already doing so. Does it feel like a tendon?

1) That fat is fucked up stubborn. No telling how long it'll take.

2) Yeah slow bulking. Being very, very slightly above maintenance.

3) It's very legit but more like a lifestyle choice since muscle gain is relatively slow.

Are there any supplements that are worth it for a regular guy who lifts 3x per week? Are any of those pre/post workout mixes actually useful or are they just a waste of money?

What supplements besides omega-3 and vitamin D3 would be good for a man in his mid-20s?

How high a bodyfat should you bulk up to? Say, from 10% body fat. I've no idea how long to bulk for. How does everyone decide. I was once told to bulk to 15% then cut to 10% and repeat. Is this the way?

I'll go with the, "this question isn't even on anyone's radar" therefore weightlifting never causes undue wear and tear on joints.

Protein

Otherwise it depends on your diet. I benefit from ZMA but my diet is lacking in Zinc and Mag.

Creatine is also generally considered a net positive.

Nigga, you cant add a third question.

I'm not adding questions I'm jumping to conclusions based on the utter lack of opinion.

The only benefits of locking out are to reduce muscle strain when competing. There are no health benefits, only excess wear and tear.

So it is more efficient than a regular bulk- clean or otherwise? I can see the reasoning behind it. Have you done it yourself?

That sound pretty reasonable. In going to go ahead and guess then that everyone locking out on youtube is kind of a dumbass.

>dehydrating yourself
>professor fitness
>asks dumb ass questions in the qtddtot everyday

It depends how long you're going to bulk and how you'll bulk rather than the bf end goal.
If you're clean bulking like +300-500 then yes. But if you're going to dirty bulk then just go with 18% if you're comfortable with getting a little thick.
Tbh senpai you're probably at at least 12-15% if you're asking questions about bulking.

Not him but yes, locking out if only asking for injury. Not to mention it hyper extends joints under weight which puts stress on the tendons.

so i dont know if i should cut or continue bulking
5'6 weigh 171 lbs(77.5643kgs)
i can bench 140lbs (63.5029kgs)
squat 175lbs(79.3787kgs)
deadlift 215lbs(97.5224kgs)
ohp 80lbs(36.2874kgs)
all except deadlift are 5x5 and yeah i have shitty shoulder muscles

You think you have shitty shoulder muscles? Man, I squat 225 3x5 and DL 295x5 and my OHP is the same as yours. Feelsbadman.

If you're looking for aesthetics then you should cut. My lifts are overall better than yours but I'm taller and weigh ,ess and I'm still like 17% bf or something, you're pretty chubby.

You are fat and weak. Keep lifting but eat less. Also, WTF is up with your chest. Stop shaving or eat better and get some sun.