Well it finally happened Veeky Forums. My dad died this morning...

Well it finally happened Veeky Forums. My dad died this morning. I had to think back to this post I made over 3 1/2 years ago, I remember an outpour of support from the community, and I remember how much strength it gave me to go on. So I thought of you today and thought I'd say hi one last time.

Pictured: the post from 2012 and just for fun: him feeding a grizzly bear wearing a shirt that says "no risk no fun". The terrified little kid behind him is me. He was diagnosed with Fronto-Temporal Dementia 8 years ago, slowly turned his brain into mush. His name was Hans-Ulrich Dietzel. He was the bravest man I ever met, and I will miss him dearly.

Thank you Veeky Forums

Sorry for your loss, OP.

Sorry for your loss bro.
Hope you do well my friend, keep his legacy on, and become a badass yourself.

His name was Hans-Ulrich Dietzel

Sorry man ;(

We'll always be here for you brah.

why was there a grizzly bear there

Sorry bro. He'll be watching you from the heavens.

we're all going to make it brahs

He'll be spotting every lift you do for the rest of your life.

RIP Hans-Ulrich Dietzel

Rest in peace to your father.
Deepest condolences for you. I know how it feels when someone important in your life leaves. Power through

Not you blog. Fuck off

Condolences on your loss...but do not mourn, he's now resting in-between sets at Mt. Olympus.

Shit I teared up from "have you become a bigger man"

Sounded so much more poetic than "have you been lifting"

Sorry for your loss OP

I lost my dad to liver cancer when I was ten.

I was such a naive assholes then.

My dad would pick me up from school after he started chemo.
He was bald and frail and I don't know why that made me feel embarrassed as a kid.
I would run to him as quickly as I could and ask to leave immediately.
I didn't know it then but I know it now. I hurt his pride.

I hope my dad can forgive me. I hope he's proud of the man I've become.

Make him proud OP. You are his legacy.

Are you an even bigger man today, user?

>His name was Hans-Ulrich Dietzel

thanks guys. it means a lot.

dude yes. thank you.

I'm sorry to hear that dude, we're all gonna make it

haha... it was in our home country, Austria. These weirdos in the countryside had an old circus bear and they trained it to have dinner with people. so that's us having dinner with a grizzly bear. place got shut down a few years later because it attacked someone. good times.

Man that's extremely upsetting. I've lost my little brother, but I imagine losing your father would feel like something completely different all together. Why the fuck are we put on this planet just to be ripped apart from the people we love the most?

mein Beileid bro

Man. I'm so sorry. Your dad sounds like a great man. He's lucky to have a son like you to carry on his legacy. Keep making him proud, user.

Here's a nice image. It's the best I can do.

>have you become... a bigger man?
I remember that thread.
Inspired me to stick to my workout
I'm sorry for your loss, m8. We're not there physically, but we're here for you.
We're all gonna make it.

Jesus christ i remember that thread.

Hold strong user.

God, these are the moments for which i come to Veeky Forums.

Tell us more about your dad OP.

I'm this guy What I remember about my dad:
Hard worker. Worked 60 hrs a week not including
Logistics and maintenance for his own business.
Forever loyal to my mother. My mom never remarried or saw other men after he passed.
She raised 5 kids on her own. No federal aid.
Shout out to my mom.
Great at basketball
Huge Lakers fan, made me record their games on vhs
Never drank or smoked. Straight edge as fuck.
Made my older siblings teach me higher level math.
I was taking Calc by 8th grade.

Sorry for no green text. Typing this from phone.
I wish I remembered more.

Haha nobody cares some balding cunt dyel manlet passed away

sorry for your loss dude. Rest in Peace.
Your dad looks like an awesome guy and I'm sure you will make him proud user.

His name was Hans-Ulrich Dietzel. Remember it well. Carry his bravery with you and you will have become a bigger man.

RIP Hans.
Sorry OP.

/b/

Sorry for your loss user

I'm terrified of this day myself but i know it will come

i'll dedicate todays workout to your dad OP

0/10 would not bang

stay strong op

i love you

Sorry for your loss OP, may he rest in peace.

I can never figure out if passing suddenly or passing over a period of time is more difficult. I hope you stay strong man, I don't know if I will be able to handle one of my parents passing. I hope you and me both make it. My next workout will be in honor of your father

danke bruder

thanks man

those were the feels man

inb4 dad becomes a meme

your mom sounds rad. not easy being a single mom.
As for him, he was a weird dude, he ran his own business of consultants but was a weird hippie buddhist. didn't care about expensive things, but drove a mercedes because he travelled a lot for work. He was never impatient or unhappy, compared to him i have no chill as you'd say, but he was the embodiment of chill. found another picture for ya, pictured is my moody ass as a kid :)

how old are you OP

thanks dudes

I have to say today I felt like I woke up from an 8 year sleep. Him not being sick hasn't been a thing since I was 19. Now I'm almost disoriented, like that was a constant in my life that's now gone. I don't know which is worse, but we will make it.

nice trips. yesterday was my 27th birthday. I spent it crying like a bitch.

I'm 27 too, can't imagine losing my dad at this age

I hope you are getting some counselling dude, or at least have some IRL people to talk to. Best wishes.

rip beardad

if my dad died i dont know what i would do to myself because then my workout buddy wouldnt be with me anymore

Lol kys and then you can see him again faggot

I'm not writing this as an attempt to comfort you and I have personally not experienced this but one of my close friends had his mom die from cancer after 1 year of being diagnosed. He said as hard as it was, after she passed he felt a small weight/burden lifted from him in the sense of now being able to start the recovery process instead of constantly worrying and thinking about her.

He told me this when we were talking about it, and it really took me by surprise. I know 8 years is much longer and tougher but still an interesting perspective..

Shit man my dad died when I was 26 (he was 56) from a brain aneurysm. 6 years later I still think of him everyday and it hurts a little constantly.

Sorry to hear that OP. I hope one day I get to mean this much to my kids (if I ever have them).

I thought this was a humor thread... I didn't want these feels

You aint gonna have kids...

>I didn't want these feels
This is the first feels thread I have stumbled into on Veeky Forums. Damn you guys over here don't fuck around.

>it hurts a little constantly
Sounds like an aneurysm

He was proud of his big man

sorry for your loss bigger man
make your dad proud and dont stop lifiting

had a kek and felt real bad

You are right. He broke his leg last wednesday in the home (was still walking around), and on friday they said he started having a fever and developed pneumonia. He had been gone for about a year before that (i.e. unresponsive) so all the siblings decided it was time. The doctors pumped him full of morphine, and let the pneumonia kill him. It took 3 whole days, and apparently he passed without any pain. Hell, average life expetancy with FTD is 4-5 years and he was with us for 5-6 more years. My older brother was there to hold his hand. It's true a weight feels like a weight has been lifted, but i have to tell you imagining him in those last 3 days was terrible. But the whole family is glad it's over. My only regret is living in america I didn't make the most of those years. I'll probably cry about that later.

Jokes on you I am and he was non-religious.

it makes you grow up fast. especially when you hear the news at 19. shit sucks, but it made me who I am I guess.

I'm sorry to hear that dude. I can't imagine it happening so suddenly. Him and Bruce Lee are lifting in heaven now.

Sorry brah, one way ticket to pheeladelphia, hop on board.

I promise

Holy fuck bro. Those feels don't do that shit breh. Not even OP and that shit hit me like a sack of bricks.

Lol i bet it didn't hit as hard as the morphine pumped into op dead father (rest in piss)

/b/ pls go

Go fuck yourself OP. Your dad would be fucking disappointed in you killing yourself you faggot. You should be lifting in his honor and kicking the shit out of life in remembrance of the man who raised you. Your father didn't raise you to be a cum guzzling faggot. Why mourn when you have zero regard for how he would have felt seen you sulking and contemplating suicide like a fucking cuck. You are literally lifes cuck you faggot. I dont even fucking know you and I'm disappointed in you. Get the fuck off my Macedonian almond trading forum.

who said anything about suicide? I'm confused

Rip Hans he's gonna be spotting you from now on user
>We're all gonna make it

>So I thought of you today and thought I'd say hi one last time.

>Lol kys and then you can see him again faggot
Response.

>Jokes on you I am and he was non-religious.
(Implying ready to suicide)

I'm sorry if I misinterpreted said posts. My condolences regardless, would hate for you to do something stupid.

Sorry for your loss. Your dad looks like a great man who knew how to enjoy life.

Nah fuck it i dont want to live on this gay earth anymore actually gonna kms and be with the old pops again

>we will never have a date like 11/11/11 or 12/12/12 ever again

Wat

lol no worries man, I've just never said "he was" until today, so the grammar was a bit weird. he was and I am both non-religious :) thanks for watching out bro. I meant that I'd post about my dad one last time.

quads are truth

I feel like this is the same butthurt guy posting over and over, I feel like you have something painful you want to share but instead are letting it turn into anger. I recommend against that, but whatever floats your boat.

thanks man, that means a lot

Sorry to hear that user. Stay strong.

i came to Veeky Forums to make gains not to feel

Lift better knowing your dad is looking down and pushing you in the way only a dad can.

Fuck lifting for chicks. Lift for your dad OP. My condolences.

fuck op this got to me since my parents divorced recently and I rarely ever see my dad anymore
Lifting mainly for him so I can be a son he can be proud of
Sorry for your loss man and I hope you keep lifting for him

Lifting for your dad tomorrow

>tfw dad died when I was 4 and was raised only by my mother
Feels good to have an excuse for my mediocrity

>tfw never knew real dad

Np bro, were all gunna make it breh. Glad to hear your not planning on doing something stupid. Been through my fair share of stupid shit and at times this place was the only thing that kept me from doing so and was just trying to pay it forward.

I have been trolling this thread and i just want to say im fucking sorry for being a cunt and shitting up an otherwise gr8 thread and OP is right i am butthurt

I know that feel bro. My grandmother has dementia as of january. Its not very bad yet, but she always repeats her questions multiple times and seems confused all the time. I guess its kinda ironic to post this on Veeky Forums, but her dementia is caused by a steroid, which she took for asthma. She off it now and I hope she gets better. I never spent enough time with her when I was a kid. I was such a brat, annoyed at my own grandmother. Good luck user.

YOU'RE A BIG GUY

It's not too late user, I can tell you now she will appreciate every moment you spend with her even if she doesn't remember it. Please go out of your way to spend time with her, regret will eat away at you later on in life if you actually care about her.

>wore a tshirt in front of grandma last week
>"wow user, youre such a big boy now!"
>Looks like im lifting for grandma now
>T-thanks grandma :')

hope she gets better brah

Damn nigga them trips.

Wishing you all the best, bro!

Be good to your grandma, satan

grandma confirmed for going to hell soon

St. Leon-Rot?

Witnessed.

His name was Hans-Ulrich Dietzel.

Remember him for how he lived, not how he died. Celebrate his life, don't mourn his death.

He loves you user.

I had to take care of my father with my mother while he went through ALS (basically paralyzes you gradually, he was really abusive towards the end as is natural for someone who has no real control over themselves anymore). That was 4 years ago now (I'm now 22). In my case the grief never goes away entirely, but you learn to make peace with it and, hopefully, grow stronger from it. The best solace I've gotten is knowing that my father loved me and, more importantly, knew I loved him, and that he would be proud of the man I have become/am becoming. I'm sure the same is true for your father OP. Most people don't know the pain of losing a father to a bad bad illness like ours, but I'd just encourage you to try to grow from it, and try to remember the man he was when he was at his prime.

ur a big guy...for ur pops

RIP in peace

Always liked your story OP, whenever I saw it I'd get a boost of motivation so I could be a bigger man, I'm sorry for your loss

For you OP, my haiku.
The man who fed bears...
The father who fought a tremendous battle,
He was Hans-Ulrich Dietzel

You're the real big guy

His name was Hans Ulrich-Dietzel

Condolences your family and yourself user, may I ask what should we call you to remember you?

>His name was Hans-Ulrich Dietzel.
So sorry for your loss user. Next month it'll be the two year anniversary of my dad's death. What helped me a ton was just talking about him, so I'd love to hear more about the bear story if you don't mind. Was that in a zoo or something? Or was that a wild bear that just wandered up? Or just feel free to tell any story about him. He seemed like a cool guy.

Sorry for your loss OP. My next PR is for your dad.

Capped for posterity, OP, and Hans-Ulrich Dietzel.

Ruhe in frieden Hans Ulrich Dietzel.