How much progress is a beginner supposed to make in ten weeks?

How much progress is a beginner supposed to make in ten weeks?

The sticky said between 2.5% and 5% increase each week.
Since I started squatting at 154 lbs i should now at least be at 154 lbs * ( 1.025 ^ 10 ) = 197 lbs. But right now I'm only squatting 176 lbs.
Same thing with bench press. I started at 88 lbs and now I'm on 105 lbs. But I "should" be able to press 113 lbs.
With Standing Military Press and Pendlay Rows I haven't done any progress at all. I'm literally where I started, although my form is better.

Also when I started lifting I weighed 128 lbs, and now I'm 134 lbs.

Is this to be expected from a skinny guy who has never lifted before, and probably had shit form the first few weeks? Could I expect more progress soon?

Eat more, sleep more, lift more x3

Put more weight on the bar more frequently, when I first started I was doing my compounds twice a week and putting 5lbs on each session for a good while.

Alright. Will do.
Should I just put more weigh on the bar?
With the weight I'm using right now the fifth rep is very heavy. If put on more weigh I feel like the form will suffer or I will not be able to complete all reps.
Should I do it anyway? How important is good form? Haha... Sorry for my stupid questions. I just feel very lost in all this.

Dear God, I think you mean sets not reps, and FORM IS EVERYTHING!!!!! Fuck lifting your ego for 1 shit form rep, lift weight your body can handle (obviously pushing your limit or you won't accomplish anything)

>tfw 155 pounds
>only bench 12.5 kg plates
How the fuck you niggas so strong?

2.5 lbs and 5 lbs not percent you absolute spoon

No no, I meant reps. I do three sets with five reps in each set. The fifth/last rep in the last set feels heavy.
12.5 kg on each side + a 20 kg bar is 45 kg. My last set is 47.5 kg so you're really not that far behind. :)
No the sticky definitely says 2.5% to 5% increase per week.

The last rep should feel heavy, but try to do it anyways. You should have safety bars to catch the barbell if you fail.

Always go for 5 reps, keeping form, no matter how tired you are. If you get it, increase the weight next time. If not, keep the same weight next time.

You might surprise yourself with how often you will be able to get that last rep in if you try.

>weigh a measley 130lbs
>bench 80lbs
>workout for a month
>benching 135lbs

Just push yourself, nigga. How are you not benching bodyweight?

Another stupid question: some guides recommend 5 minutes of rest between sets. Is it OK to do other exercises between those sets? Is it OK if they focus other muscle groups?

What I'm getting at is that the last rep feels heavy now, so if I increase the weight next time then I will perhaps not be able to finish the last rep.

But I will try increasing next time, I might surprise myself as you said. :)

My first 10 weeks on SL.

is those numbers weeks or days?

I'm old, and I'm weak. Heavier than you and lifting less. But you know what? I don't give a shit what other people think of my progress. I'm still moving forward, still putting more weight on the bar. It'll take me longer to get where I want but I'm not giving up.

read what he just posted you fucking mongloid

>Seconds.

Weeks. Been staling lately because I can't sleep for more than 4 hours a day. No idea why.

yea i just started recently and I'm 142 lb 5'7'' and benching 185lb. though my diddy refuses to go up.

I used to have the same problem. Quitting caffeine, reducing stress and meditating helped, maybe this will work for you.

>going from 0pl8 to 0.5pl8 deadlift.
>10 weeks.

Sauce on pic?

This picture triggers me

I think that's all in kilos lad

You're such a retard if you think it's a 5% increase, do you seriously think the rate of strength increase will improve the more you lift?

This is a troll thread 8/10 well done.

What? The sticky says that a realistic goal is to increase the weights with 2.5% to 5% each week. Is that wrong?
>do you seriously think the rate of strength increase will improve the more you lift
No not necessarily. But there's something that ought to improve it.

Also I still want an answer to >some guides recommend 5 minutes of rest between sets. Is it OK to do other exercises between those sets? Is it OK if they focus other muscle groups?

If you can actually do those exercises inbetween without compromising your recovery for the next set, go nuts.

But that's rarely the case with heavy lifts.

Don't worry about fucking % increase that it says on the sticky everyone is different. you should focus on
>Form
>EATING
>Sleeping
>adding weight when you can
Worrying about other shit is austistic and will waste you time

this
It's up to you how long you can rest for. Obviously more rest usually = more weight but its personal. I like 2-3 on compounds and 1-2 isolations

Do you think squats/bench press and squats/military press would work well to alternate between?