/qtddtot/

Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

anyone have any info on how much calories you burn during a SS workout?

Other urls found in this thread:

livestrong.com/article/428523-calories-burned-in-a-30-minute-strength-exercise-session/
youtu.be/4dF1DOWzf20?t=238
youtube.com/watch?v=5SFnGBCe5eA&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its not a lot - weightlifting doesnt burn nearly as many calories as cardio.

i would just ignore it as neglible.

I wanted to get a home gym but the only place that I can put it is in a tiled area. What do? Should I build a platform?

cant you buy those jigsaw-piece shaped plastic mats?

Rubber plates

how do I make lifting help with depression again, and how to stop having suicidal thoughts?
>inb4 kys
no u fgt

my instinct tells me it shouldn't really be negligible. picking up objects as heavy as a person and putting them back down again should require a bit of energy, as per basic physics. I could be wrong tho. I'll look it up.

Do those work well? I assumed they were just for kids so that they don't fall and hurt themselves, not for heavy weights.
I was thinking that, but they are really expensive.

Anybody else have problems doing cleans? I've watched a million videos on form and I can't figure out how to rack the bar. I literally cannot find an arm position that let's me drop the weight on my front delts.

>doing grueling sessions of squats, power cleans, deadlifts and presses
>negligible caloric output

I have the same problem but with OHP.

I've seen them in use at my old job's gym. Maybe there are special kinds for gyms, i dont know.

I do know that one 2 hour powerlifting workout of heavy squats I tracked a while back only burned 200 calories, even though i was sweating like a horse at the end of it.

Based on doing roughly 9 sets and spending about one set per 5 minutes, I'd imagine 250 +1/pound over 150

answer pls fgt

Not the samefag but it really is tiny. 5 miles of running burns about 550 calories depending on speed. And weight lifting isn't even close to that. Your hour at the gym burns maybe 200 calories if you're really pushing it.

get a lifting buddy/get a proper goal

after the rush of just starting, you need a new target to aim for. I would recommend amateur powerlifting, as the community is one of the nicest around.

There's no answer to this you tard.
>I found SS to be really good for depression.

The fuk do you wanna hear? Nobody knows. Work out more.

is it okay to include alcohol calories into my carb macros when i am bulking?

no, alcohol is empty carbs.

You able to fix it? I can't front rack the bar at all. I just don't bother doing so for OHP.

D-does natty mean without steroids, or without any supplements at all?

Set a goal. About the suicidal part, only time can fix that, and you ofcouse not killing yourself.

without steroids.

alright here's what I've found:
Most strength-training workouts burn only a modest amount of calories compared to aerobic activities.
>Half an hour of moderate weightlifting burns 112 calories if you weigh 155 pounds and 133 calories if you're 185 pounds,
>Vigorous weightlifting burns 223 calories for a 155-pound person and 266 calories for a 185-pound person.
however
>Lifting weights just 5 to 10 percent heavier than the ones you currently use may help you burn 500 to 600 more calories per strength training session.
>Heavier weights with which you can perform only 6 to 8 repetitions are a better option than light weights with which you can perform 12 to 15 repetitions
>Compound exercises, which involve multiple joints, burn more calories than isolation exercises involving just one joint, such as biceps curls.
take that as you will.

My partner called me sexual the other day, and I'm not sure what he meant by that. Any one got any ideas? I know the definition of sexual, buy when I apply to myself, a human, it doesn't quite make sense to me.

Calling bullshit on the 5% increase burns 500 extra calories, that number is absurd. Need source.

can I cross the border from canada to usa with creatine in my carry on luggage ? what do I risk ?

Alcohol calories are specifically not a for of protein/fat/carbs. They don't count for any of those. They're pretty shit.

wish I knew where they took that from as well. here's the article.
>livestrong.com/article/428523-calories-burned-in-a-30-minute-strength-exercise-session/
references at the bottom

maybe they meant sexy+sensual. is english your native language?

I'm failing one of my subjects hard (sitting at 30%) and I have an exam tomorrow. I haven't even looked at this subject in about a month or shown up to classes in the last two. Should I show up to the exam and get a fail, or can I just settle for the Unit Incomplete.
I don't think I can pull 70% out of my ass writing in a language I know nothing about and I'd rather train legs instead.

any ideas on what I could add to this basic protein batter to make it more moist and chewy?

basic recipe is
>whey protein 1scoop
>egg 2

tastes like eating sweet dishwashing sponge and is a bit hard to swallow. you could probably choke on it and die.

used it as a base for a cake for someone's birthday and it turned out alright really. they're on a really retarded diet and I had to make do. all things considered, it was edible.

you can also use it as a base to make protein bread.

I went through their sources and none of them gave that 500 cal number. Literally never mentioned. Wtf livestrong?

Hmm, OK. Yeah, not my first language, but now it's my most fluent. I think he was referring to my high sex drive

So what's the best food tracking app? So far I've looked into LoseIt and LifeSum. I'm about 5'8'' 198lb and want to lose fat.

Lifesum tells me I have to eat ~1300 calories to lost 2lbs/week.

LoseIt tells me I need to eat ~1600 calories to lose 2lbs/week

Why is there such a big difference? What should I follow to git gud?

>tfw you're more fluent in english than you are in your native language
iktf bro. at least that's how it feels to me. not sure what the opinion of a native speaker would be.

I use those jigsaw mat things on a concrete basement floor, they keep from damaging the concrete and the weights themselves, just don't slam stuff around. Tile floors though you should probably be a little more careful, depending on what kind of tile too

So I have fucked up my shoulders due to poor form. Just started lifting two months ago and now my shoulders ache every time my push day comes around. Specifically shoulder workouts. Chest workouts are fine and no pain stems from those. So now I have to change my routine and add a lot of stretching and light weight workouts to train my shoulders to health and add double the back workouts to chest workouts considering I never have to begin with. Now that I'll be switching it up, should I continue to advance on weight elsewhere even though I won't be on shoulders?
>Anyone?

Yes. That and you're probably pretty touchy compared to most English speakers. We tend to keep our hands to ourselves at all times. Also being "sexual" and being "sexy" are very different. Are you sure "sexual" is what he said?

what are some good snacks for bulking?

Why does she not love me?

Tuna
Greek yogert
Protein shakes.
Chicken breast
Depends on what you mean by "snack"

Weak lats

myfitnesspal is p good

something to eat between meals

Ok what is a meal? Food isn't magically divided into meal-food and snack-food. Everything you can eat as a "meal" is also a "snack". Are you looking for something portable? Can be eaten cold? Low prep? What are you looking for?

I'm 6'1", 132.6 lbs and am about to start very intense workouts so that I can be fit by the end of the summer. I have a few questions that the sticky and google haven't answered.

Firstly, what's a good basis for a diet? My plan for now is to eat a ton of red meat, eggs, and drink whey protein mixed with water (though I threw up when I tried to drink one a few minutes ago since it's so disgusting). Are there any tips you can give for eating?

Also, my workout routine is as follows (I will fill in the weights as needed):
A Day - Squat (3x5), B. Press (3x8), Deadlift (3x8), Dips (3x10), Curls (3x10), Overhead Extension (3x8), Pushup (3x10), Situp (3x10)
B Day - Squat (3x8), Military Press (3x8), Bent Over Rows (3x5), Chinups (3x3), Seated Calf Raise (3x10), Pushup (3x10), Situp (3x10)
A and B days alternate, no breaks except maybe like once every weeks or if I physically can't work out.

Is this too harsh? As pic related will show, I'm absurdly skinny and out-of-shape, so I figured I needed to basically torture myself if I want to get any results.

lad, that phone looks like it weighs more than you.

How can I feel more shoulder activation when doing land mine tbar press or whatever it's called? I can't OHP and this seemed like the best alternative but I don't feel a lot of shoulder work happening

I know...whatever you say is true, I'm a complete weakling. I want to change that.

6'2" 210. No matter what I do I can't fucking build muscle. Feel like giving up. Wat do

If you want to pass and not waste your money, then I suggest you start studying right now.
This was a stupid as fuck question.

describe the pain. is it sharp? do you only feel it when working out?
You want my opinion? You don't know what the fuck you're doing with that routine. No rest days as well? Hahahah! Oh man, where do I start? I'm 100% sure you wouldn't last 5 days on this routine. Not only that, but since you're new, a way less "complex" routine would be more beneficial. You don't know what the fuck you're doing.

I have about 15 lb of body fat to lose before I'm satisfactorily cut (6'2" 210), but I'd rather bulk. Will adding muscle on a decent frame be as aesthetic as losing 15 lb without building much muscle?

Sadly as much as I try to justify it to myself, alcohol has no place in being Veeky Forums. Don't care tho, I'll be drinking my beer on my patio every weekend

Hypothetically, let's say I give it my all and I last the whole summer on that routine. Would it work? What I mean is: is that a good routine? It's my own concoction.

If you bulked without any supplements at all you'd be huge but you'd also be poor as fuck. And your cholesterol would probably be all fucked up too

>Firstly, what's a good basis for a diet?

the hierarchy of diet gainz is like this:

1, Total calories
2. Total carbs
3. Total protein

As long as you eat _some_ protein (from animal sources + eggs) you got No 3 covered.

By far the most important is total calories and total carbs - protein should almost be an after though.

Cue the millennial fags telling me I'm wrong lol

you have to take into account how much milk you drink as well.

Nigga you're not going to last on that routine. Not even if you "gave it your all. "Like I said, you DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOU'RE DOING.
>no rest days
>3x3 chinups
>3x5 to 3x8 alternating day squats
>3x10 pushups
>3x8 DL
>situps
You have a clusterfuck of a routine; it's laughable

Looks like you've got almost everything covered except you won't be able to work the same muscle groups within 2 days so try either splitting the work outs up over 3 days or have a rest day after every 2 days good luck and eat lots

Depends on how many reps if you think about it. Ft-lb is a form of energy, just like kcal. I think the conversion is like 1 ft-lb = .000324 kcal. So if you do for example curls, a curl is lifting something like 2 ft right? So
3x10x20lbx2ft each arm= 0.7777kcal
3x10x22.5lbx2ft each arm=0.8749kcal

So 2.5 lb per arm increase is a 12.5% increase in calories burned

>except you won't be able to work the same muscle groups within 2 days

lol, tell that to a sherpa or a construction worker.

this peopel is why the west is fucked. faggots cant do two days in a row lol

Im too fat too do a proper pushup. I can only do half of a proper push up, if i lay on my stomach i can lift myself pretty easily, so if i repeat this will it help me with the lowering portion? should i commit to the down movement even though it fails?

Are you a retard or do you actually not know what a snack is?

do fat burn supplements work?

Is protein derived from animal sources actually different from whey powder?

>3x3 chinups
That will change as I get stronger. As of now, I can hardly do 3 chinups.
>no rest days
Again, that could change. My schedule is in beta right now.
>3x8 DL
Is 8 too much? I think I can manage.
>situps
What, pray tell, is wrong with situps? So far they're the only thing I've ever done that I can feel results from. In the past exercises just hurt and don't do anything for me.
>3x10 pushups
Again, nothing wrong with that afaik

Would a rest day severely hurt my gains?

youtu.be/4dF1DOWzf20?t=238

rest is when your body makez the gainz. you absolutely need rest days or you will do serious damage and gain no gainz. check the sticky at the top of Veeky Forums to get some basic info.

Anyone got the chart that says the bodyfat percentages of certain heights and the most weight the body can naturally hold at that bodyfat?

different guy
What do you hope to accomplish with sit-ups?
Sit-ups are probably the worst exercise there is.
You don't need 3x8 for DL's
You are NOT going to make it with that routine. You probably won't even make that much 'gains.' I can tell you this much: you lack so much information on working out that you won't get anywhere. just follow a different

Is my current routine good or am I stacking too much on one day? I feel like I'm doing way to much on upper body days.

My current is Monday and Thursday upper body and Tuesday Friday lower body

Upper Body: Everythings 4x8
Bench Press
Dumbbell Flys
Single Arm Row
Lat Pulldown
Dumbell Shoulder Press, Lat Raises, Front Raises, Supersetted
Curls, Hammer Curls, Side Curls, Supersetted
Tricep Pulldown, Skullcrushers

Lower Body: Again 4x8
Squat
Deadlift
Leg Curl
Leg Extension
Calf Raises

I was following a 4 day split and started throwing in more exercises which I think might be to my detriment.

Any recommended cook books/recipes/websites for eating healthy and meeting macro/calorie goals?

I started working out with weights 3 months ago or something and am fairly new to this

can someone tell me how important form is?

If I do curls for example I fear of adding more weight because my elbows move a little more with every rep (after initial 4 that usually go without probems)

is there some kind of middle ground I should aim between form or is form everything and I shouldnt add more weight unless I can keep everything but the used muscle still?

thanks for this m8

are front raises a decent substitute for military presses?

should i be switching my overhand on mixed grip deads? or does the hand i use repeatedly not have any effect

What's a Keto diet, is it effective and if so how do I get started?

pretty new here and this is gonna sound so stupid but what is cutting? like what do I have to do to cut

What BF% do you lose the flabby chest? Will your skin be loose?

I just found out I crossed into the overweight territory for my height. I'm 6'2 and 204 lbs. I looked up a BMI calculator or what and it says I need 1800 calories a day to lose weight. Does that sound right?

What can I do exercise-wise to help with the weight loss? At what point do I stop cutting and start trying to put on muscle?

When did the whole sempai/fampai shit start. I stopped coming to fit 2 years ago. I'm only back on here because of deployment boredom.

Will 2 days on, 1 day off work?

>What do you hope to accomplish with sit-ups?
Working my abs, it feels like it works man.
>You don't need 3x8 for DL's
Yeah I kinda agree that it's not as effective (or at least doesn't feel as effective) as I'd like it to be. Should I swap it with a different exercise?
>You are NOT going to make it with that routine
I dunno man, I just did my first workout with it and it wasn't too brutal, much easier than my previous routine (which I lasted months doing) but feels more effective.
Granted, it's my first day so the weight was probably laughably low by Veeky Forums standards (15 pound curls, 45/45/65 bench, 45 squats, etc.) Still, I think I can improve and overcome.
>You probably won't even make that much 'gains.'
It's just meant as a starting routine, after that I'll switch to a "mass workout" that my friend does (the one I used to do) which focuses more on individual muscle groups each day rather than a lot of general exercises.

It worries me a bit that I'm becoming more sedentary, due to work and studies -I'm working as an illustrator and designer, so I spend a lot of time sitting- I don't eat garbage food but I don't eat so much as well, maybe three or two small meals per day. The only physical activity that I do is walking 30' everyday to go to the college.
I'm a poorfag, so I can't go to a gym, but there are some exercises or small routines that I can do to become more active and healthy? Any advice?

Chalk and hook grip. Look into it.
I noticed I can't dl as much when my left hand is the underhand

you do both at the same time, eat less and lift weights = muscle and you'll slim down. but dont think you are turning fat into muscle, you're not.

NO. Front raises are good at working your front delts, and that's about it.

OHP works more heads of your shoulders, as well as several other body parts, like triceps for ex.

youtube.com/watch?v=5SFnGBCe5eA&feature=youtu.be

Could someone give me a form check?
How do I into straight bar path?
How do I into elbows down?
How do i just fucking squat better?

Word filter implemented a few months ago

Switch your grips son. Imbalances are real.
youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw

Are you being intentionally dense or did you come looking for advise then shit on the person trying to help you. Your body has no idea what a snack is. I snack on cooked chicken breast. I also snack on protein bars. "What should I snack on" is literally the least useful indicator of what you actually want. You're basically asking "what should I eat". Fuck off then, and read the sticky.

me again, id also up your calories and lose weight slowly. start on 2300 calories. if you lose weight too fast you will get loose skin and nobody wants that. goodluck!

You're such a fucking retard .Your god awful routine wont help you at all. And situps just fuck up your back you weak silly faggot.

>comes to a thread for questions
>gets answers he doesnt likes
>WELL ILL JUST KEEP DOING IT MY WAY ANYWAY CLEARLY THAT IS WORKING

READ THE FUCKING STICKY.
PEOPLE HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR DECADES AND YOU THINK YOUR CANDYASS IS GONNA REINVENT THE WHEEL OR SOMETHING

>I'm 195lbs, 11 weeks into ss
>DL 285 with the proper warmup sets as well
>Grip fails me 3 times
Should I just strengthen my forearms or switch to hook grip? I feel like it's so early to change my grip....

Bump

form over everything. as long as the muscle is burning and the form is perfect you are doing great and you will see results, then once you feel a bit stronger and can still maintain the perfect form then go up to that weight, you dont want to injure yourself and set yourself back trying to lift too much when you dont have the foundation in place. hope this answered your question

>much easier than my previous routine (which I lasted months doing)

You're a shitposting faggot there is no way you were working out prior look at yourself you literally have NOGAINS.

is it just on /pol/ or site-wide?

I love this pic. That's glorious.

How long until I'm not a fatto no mo