Texas Methode vs Madcow 5x5?

>Texas Methode vs Madcow 5x5?

texas

pick 1 and stick with it

What about 5/3/1, I want to try them all.

why?
if you're making progress on one of them there's no need to switch

SS + GOMAD

Read the sticky.

Which program is best for maximum strength, but also mass?

I'm intermediate lactose intolerant

There is no universal best.

You're gonna be at this for decades if you're taking it seriously. Plenty of time to try all kinds of routines without being an impatient program hopper.

ummmmm whatever

How long have you been lifting?

What routine were you doing before?

am on texas method atm
light and heavy days have too little volume
mid day is fucking impossible after a few weeks

you're thinking about it the wrong way

there's no magic program that will instantly maximize your gains
texas method and madcow are both solid templates that you can customize to your individual needs

Stronglifts 5x5 for 2 months. Starting Strength for 1 month. I'm at a intermediate level accoring to Symmetric Strength. I've stalled on squat plenty of times, and deloading 10% only makes it worse. My other lifts are starting to stall as well.

lol i dont actually know, ask trappy... he always give good advice :DD

sorry!!!

what are your exact stats? the levels in symmetric strength or exrx have nothing to do with your training needs.

dont do madcow after SS. the volume is ridiculously low. its better suited as a short phase after a higher volume program (SL), you probably wont make long-term gains with it.

texas method is decent. the standard 3-day TM is boring as fuck though. i'd do the 4-day version with split volume and intensity days instead.

5RM
2pl8 squat
80kg bench
2,5pl8 deadlift
1pl8 pendlay row
30kg dips
15 kg chinups

50 kg OHP

Deadlift might not be accurate. Deloaded to start using hook grip. Also I've switch pendlay row until bodybuilding style pendlay row with 40 kg, because I would only cheat about 1pl8.

What's your weight?

how tall are you and how much do you weigh?

Let's try one more time. My 5RM
High bar sqaut: 2pl8
Front squat: 1,5pl8
Deadlift: 2,5pl8
Bench press: 1,5pl8
Overhead press: 50kg
Pendlay row: 1pl8
Chinups: 15kg
Dips: 30kg

70kg, 175cm, 20 years old.

you should definitely be able to make some more progress. you have room for like 10 kilos of more bodyweight so just eat some more.

i take it youre doing advanced novice already since you front squat.

Progressing on front squat just didn't work anymore for me. So had to change it up. Could only increase 5kg on Front Squat, so I might change it back again.

Lactose intolerant?

Wendler explains this one in his 5/3/1 book

Buy some baby wipes. It's gonna be messy

After drinking more than 2 glass of milk, my shit is floating, and I'm constantly gassing up rooms. Too bad there aren't no jews here.

Fucking with you. I'm lactose intolerant too. I just suck it up and buy lactose free milk. Shit's expensive tho

How is your row so low?

>light and heavy days have too little volume

I don't think you understood the point of TM