Are your chicken breasts legit?

Are your chicken breasts legit?

Sure your not being scammed?

If I weigh out raw and for example the raw weight equals to 80g protein ....But when I weigh again cooked and get a lower protien figure that means it was pumped with extra water to increase its raw weight? But if I get matching protien amounts, that my chicken is legit?

>not buying activated chicken breasts

>not raising chickens in your backyard for access to fresh, high quality meat

>not buying vegan chicken

Yes. What matters is not the before and after weight. What matters is what the actual before and after weights equating to the same total grams of protein.

If your cooked chicken breast ends up having a lower total amount grams of protein, that means your raw chicken breast had excessive amounts of water weight added to it, this is done to increase profits by increasing total raw scale weight to charge more, while you're just paying for water and not getting as much meat as you think.

Tfw I'm legitimately confused at what this guy is even saying.

Can someone explain better?

>pumped with water
>he doesnt know that his own body is mostly made of water

You need the lower body befou you get the upperbody

Chicken has water in it. Water leaves chicken after cooking.

If before cooked and after cooked weights are similar, you have good chicken. If they differ, bad chicken

You don't get it. Yes the chicken will always weigh less after its cooked, but the total grams of protein should still match up. Regardless of the before and after weight, the total protein and calories should add up.

If your raw calculation says the breast has 50g protein, but then you cook it and calculate based off cooled weight and you get 40g protein. Your cooked weight is the true figure, and it means your raw weight had artificially injected excessive water in order to increase weight to increase profit for less actual meat.

Nope you got it don't aswellz lmao, people are stupid and don't know what I'm even taking about.

Here I'll explain it again, hopefully easier for you to understand.

The chicken will always weigh less after its cooked, but the total grams of protein should still match up. If they don't match up, there was artificially injected excessive amounts of water inside.

i was fucking paranoid when i first started lifting about this, cause i had been calculated my breasts raw and then i read about this and i panicked.

chances are though unless you live in the us, your chicken won't be brined

How do you measure the grams of protein? wtf? Obvious b8. Pretending to confused total weight in grams with grams of protein. Either that or there's some miraculous calories scale idk about.

Give it another read, you've missed the point entirely.

>people are stupid and don't know what I'm even talking about.

kek this thread. Thanks OP, I needed a laugh

holy shit, lmao my sides are in orbit

Weigh raw breast - X weight : equals to 70g protein

Weigh again (cooked) - Y weight : equals to 70g protien

The above is an example of a chicken breast that had a different raw and cooked scale weight, but total grams of protein matches up perfectly, this means the only difference in weight was naturally occurring water within the breast.

For your cooked weight ends up giving you LESS total grams of protein, it means that the chicken breast had artificial levels of water inside of it, which cooked out along side the naturally occurring fluids.

Understand now?

Raw chicken has water in it. Cooking the chicken gets rid of this.
If the average 200g raw chicken breast loses 25% of its weight being cooked, the calories/protein should still be the same.
First you weigh the raw chicken and work out the calories based on the guidelines for raw chicken.
However if the calories you work out for the cooked chicken are less than expected, this means the weight you used for the raw chicken was too high. Therefore we can assume that the raw chicken contains more water than than usual.
OP is saying supermarkets pump raw chicken with water as they charge by weight, so by adding water they are driving up the price.

A+

You get bonus 200% gains for month.

Okay, let's back up a second.

1. You have a raw chicken breast. Using a scale, how do you determine how many grams of protein are in it?

2. You have a cooked chicken breast. Using a scale, how do you determine how many grams of protein are in it?

It wouldn't be the supermarkets though, it would be the meat packaging plants that sell to the supermarkets. And while it would be easy to inject water/saline into the cavity of a whole chicken, it's probably more trouble than it's worth in regards to cuts of meat, if it's possible at all to evenly distribute water into the meat without breaking down the cells due to the new hypotonic environment.

This whole thing doesn't seem legit to me, maybe in sketchier food markets around the world but not NA/EUR.

you damned fools..

you dont cook the protein out of raw chicken breasts, it will weight 2-3 oz less cooked than it was raw because you are just cooking the water out of it.

example: lets say an 8 oz raw chicken breast has 50g protein

you cook it and it shrinks down to 6 oz, it still has 50g of protein you idiots...

Alternatively read the label to see if it has added water because you live in an OECD nation.

This is why I switched to chicken gizzards

this

>yfw it says right on the package 17% solution added

you're close, but not quite getting yet, the water in the protein is what activates the synthesis and is cooked out, weighing it makes sure this does not happen.

Not getting the point of OP's picture, you're close, try agian.

>Not getting my daily 500g of protein from my 17 scoops

how the fuck do you calculate the macros you massive retard.

colour palletes you dumb fuck. the whiter the chicken the more carb it has.

>Wanting to eat chicken jerky
>Thinking the protein measurements were done on chicken jerky
ishiggydiggy

The FDA regulations say that meat can be marketed as "No water added" only if less than 10% of its weight is added water. That means if you buy a chicken breast that doesn't say "no water added" more than 10% of that breast is water.

Legit part of my plan. I am a few years financially away from buying some land to raise my own food. Chickens, cows, and a greenhouse for dem veggies.

this thread is stupid and needs to die