That guys who lifts the bar while giving you a spot

>that guys who lifts the bar while giving you a spot

You know that you could tell him not to do that, right?

/thread

I always get a bump off the rack. I'm not a powerlifter, but I find it far easier to maintain tightness in my back and keep my scapula retracted if I don't have to reach up and out and unrack the bar.

No, that's cool bro, I'd rather expend a ton of energy to lift the bar off the clip at a weird angle, rather than on the bench press form. I didn't want my gains anyway.

If you're actually feeling fatigue after you unrack the bar then you may have much deeper issues than just being DYEL.

>spotter gives you a kiss on the cheek after I hit a pr
>didn't say no homo
Wtf is wrong with these shit ass spotters?

>that guy who let's his spotter touch the bar when he is not needed

>That guy who trips while spotting

>that guy that asks for a spot for a weight he clearly can't lift then tells you not to help

When you start benching 2+++ plates, yeah, you can't just casually lift it off. It takes a bit of energy. Sometimes its the difference between 4 reps and 5 sometimes.

Nope.

>that guy who gets trips while spotting

but it's better to lift 3 plates with a spotter helping you, than lift 2 plates on your own

>that guy who benches in the smith machine

Literally nothing wrong with that.

yes

>that guy who deadlifts in the power rack

Yeah a guy ruined my 250 max attempt.

Fucker pulled the bar up from my chest and it felt like a 225 bench.

Afterwords he gives me a high five and says 'man, you could have gotten 3!"

No big deal really, guy made my day with his kindness but he still ruined the bench lmao.

I'll give it another go this week.

>that guy who thinks there is literally nothing wrong with benching in the smith machine

Why? If you can't handle a weight for 1 rep by yourself then it's way too much.
Not counting lift-offs of course. But if you're rolling all over the place and spitting from one shit rep then maybe lower the weight fag.

>having a spotter for bench press
>not autistically looking around for nearby people without headphones to casually call over if you fail a rep

true story

>Lifting with bro, he's a klutz and doesn't lift as much as me but wants to bench
>isn't hitting a pr but his arms are looking wobbly so gently touch the bar to help him out
>"dudebro what was that I could've finished that myself"
>try to explain I just don't want him to hurt himself but he's acting insecure, says he'll signal me when he needs help
>fine whatever, next set
>looks like he's really struggling this time but still no signal
>barely re-racks it by himself
>"bro why didn't you help me I could've hurt myself!"

Workout by myself from now on