Why don't my delts look more impressive

Why don't my delts look more impressive.

I OHP twice a week. Right now my one rep max is 180lbs(81.6466 killograms) at a body weight of 171lbs (77.5643killograms).

one day I will go heavy and do a 5x5 or 5/3/1 and the next day I will do German volume training 10x10 dumbbell shoulder press.

If I incorporate bench pressing into my routine will I finally get capped delts? As of now I have never bench pressed.

What is the best side delt exercise I can do?

Is push press better for building strength than strict press?

Other urls found in this thread:

strongfirst.com/should-you-train-your-slow-fibers/
strongfirst.com/how-to-build-your-slow-fibers-part-i/
strongfirst.com/how-to-build-your-slow-fibers-part-ii/
strongfirst.com/how-to-build-your-slow-fibers-part-iii/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

strength training and bodybuilding are two completely different things. You won't get big rear or back delts by strength training

I do high pulls, face pulls, and rear delt flies.

is a lack of rear delts the reason my delts look so bad?

I was thinking the same thing my 1 rep max is 165 and my delts look kinda gross. Then I realize how underdeveloped my rear delts were man. I recently started working on it and I'm hoping it'll even out eventually

post a pic autist

Also in case you're not a troll and you sound like one do side Lateral raises and facepull for start.

I've been searching for this gif for a while. Who is this?

same

ryan nelson

nothing a reveres google image search couldn't have found out.

no camera

got yah.
il going to star doing behind the neck press and rear delt flyes

p sure it's from aag. all of those guys are ridiculously hot.

Cable delt raises, and lateral raises and dumbbell shoulder presses worked on my delt heads and made them pop out.

Before that I was doing push presses and military presses. Didn't do a thing.

The difference is that the first set of exercises are for bodybuilding while the second is just for strength.

At least, that's how my body reacted. Not everyone is exactly the same. Gotta check your form too.

In my own experience, the pussy weight gave the most mass.

I mean, you want to isolate. Isolate each of the shoulder heads and they will grow huge
Stop doing compound strength movements.

Also, for me, to really build my chest up requires me to first build my triceps up and then do a 25 degree slight incline dumbbell presses and flyes.

Before that, I was benching a shit ton of weight but had sad pecs.

>impressive delts
>no steroids

you're living a fucking delusion. just stop lifting altogether.

Not OP but i want to add lat raises to my routine to hit side delts

Im finding conflicting info regarding proper form

Most common recommendation is internal rotation, but i see a lot of ppl claiming that this can easily result in injury and that external rotation is better... but won't this hit front delts?

You only do one compound for shoulders and you expect them to grow nice a round.

You have to add in accessory work. Lateral raises, rear delt flies, front raises. It sounds dumb but get them burning with volume. The key to a round delt is mass on all sides.

Pic related, rear delt is really important and the weakest for me.

You should keep your thumbs facing forward the entire rep. Arms slightly bent, chest leaning a little forward so the weights come just in front of your cock. Squeeze your abs the whole time and pack your shoulder blades so your traps aren't doing any work.

Works with dumbbells or cable. You should alternate dumbbell and cable; they hit different parts of the Lateral head, makes a really big difference.

you gotta do heavy lateral raises; 8 reps 5 sets of 50lbs down to 30 lbs

mirin user

>st and bb are two different things
L M F A O

brehs how does this delt routine sound

3x6 The Press supersetted with 2x12 side lateral raises
3x8 Dumbbell OHP
3x6 Dumbbell row

>no camera

Its 2016

You either have a laptop or tablet or a webcam or a smartphone with a camera

You don't not have a camera

Just post a pic brah

Routine?

>just does OHP
>expects shoulders to be big

lmao have you learned literally nothing while shitposting on Veeky Forums?

shoulders respond well to VOLUME

front lat raises, rear lat raises, DB shoulder press, do everything and do it often. twice a week just doing OHP is NOT enough volume.

and also BTN press and facepulls, if you're worried about snapping your shit up doing BTN just go down to chin level, that works fine

>supersetting heavy compounds

nah keep them separate

do rear delt lat raises too and facepulls

i cant tell if this is bait or just another retard DYELer

>behind the neck

Push day, pull day, abs/rest day

Push
Squat 5x5
Db Incline or Db ohp 3x8
Flat Db Bench 3x8
Weighted dips 4x10
Db or cable fly 3x10
Single leg calf raise 3x12
Wrist roller 3 sets of up and down twice
Lateral raise Db or cable 3x10
Tricep extensions 3xfailure

Pull
Deadlift 5x5
Weighted pull up 3x10 or Pendlay rows 3x10
Close grip lat Pull downs 3x8
Reverse curls 3x10
Hanging leg raises 4x12
Shrugs 3x12
Db rows 3x10
Bent over Lateral raise 3x10
Wide grip bw pull ups 3x failure

Genetics and not doing OHP behind the head

genetics

get on test tren mast

that will make your shoulders look good enough

I think I have ok-ish shoulders for a year, and my OHP is still piss (0.7x bw)

Tinytrip only did 24kg DB Seated Press for 3x12 and had absolutely sick delts.

OHP for delts is a meme.

As anons have said, the lateral & rear delt heads are the oft-neglected heads, but the ones that need working the most to make the shoulders pop and get nice seperation.

Ideally I aim for 6 sets targetting rear delts, 6 sets for lateral delts.

*3x12 Cable Lateral Raises (Yes, do the less-developed heads while you're fresher)
*3x15 Face Pulls (Make sure you're hitting your rear delts primarily, not traps. I like to do these in the seated cable row station because it's pretty much impossible to fuck up that way)
*3x12 Seated DB Press (Seated DB Press is of course far and away the best front delt developer, imo)
*3x10 Seated Lateral Raises (Why seated? You're not using any momentum to bring up the DBs. You're going to have to go 5lbs lighter on this one, likely)
*3x15 Rear Delt Cable Crossover (I like to do 30 second rests to just fry the FUCK out of the rear delts.

your shoulders arent that big though, and tiny is a fucking retarded example because he was on roids and couldve done pushups for all we know and still get pretty full delts

You are correct of course, but i've noticed a fairly large difference between me and my peers despite generally doing the same routine.

Tiny has a very definitive pre-anavar stage, his explosion of growth post-2013 does not diminish that his natty shoulders were goat.

Duh they're not big, but he's got the right idea and only been lifting a year. Natty progress is natty progress.

describe your routine.

i'm doing a sort of ppl split adapted to my schedule and i can't really do 6 fucking hypertophy sets of shoulders on push day since i'm not getting rid of ohp and other shit.

Back & Tris
Chest & Bis
Shoulders & Legs (Primarily shoulders cos fag)

3 Days on, 3 days off

I opted for this split over the traditional back/bis, chest/tris because by the time I got to the arm isolations I could never give them my all after they'd been fried by rows/bench and what have you.

Focus is on shoulders primarily because tinytrip is my general goal.

3 Days on, 1 off, 3 days on rather.

Compounds are 3x6 following Candytoe's regime, with assistance lifts on the latter 3 days (eg Spoto Press/Paused Squat) on the latter 3 days.

Strength =/= equal aesthetics and 10x10 is retarded. Do 3x8-12 dumbbell shoulder press and lateral raises

Not the guy you replied to but they are heavily related.
Its a meme that strength training will not bring size peeple are misled by powerlifter who train for strength while making sure to stay in the same weightclass but with a surplus you will gain both if training properly

strongfirst.com/should-you-train-your-slow-fibers/

strongfirst.com/how-to-build-your-slow-fibers-part-i/

strongfirst.com/how-to-build-your-slow-fibers-part-ii/

strongfirst.com/how-to-build-your-slow-fibers-part-iii/