How to make vertical jump gains?

how to make vertical jump gains?

Lift heavy and jump a lot
You develop strength with weights and speed by jumping

You can't

Weighted lunge jumps and explosive controlled squats with like 65% of maximum

Sadly you actually can't improve it significantly. Maybe one or two inches but that's it

plg sticky - plg website - dropbox link - plyometrics section - vertical jump bible and the other book about vertical jump

lmao dude, who told you that

You can, but not if you're a Veeky Forums-tard who thinks training is lifting weights and nothing else, like these tards

rippetoe

Front squats, and practice jumping a lot

stop trying to be a nigger when you are not

If you already really suck at jumping (haven't been playing basketball most of your life), then getting your jumping form down will be of most help.

How do you do that? Jump a lot, practice lay ups, try getting as close to the rim as you can while you practice lay ups. Throw up ally-oops to yourself, incrementally raise the height the ball. Your body will figure out how to jump correctly over time.

Front squats, power cleans, and push press are probably your most important lifts. Plyometrics will give you a faster boost as well. Again, just jump more.

Be born a nigger x 10

vertical jump bible.

Pause Squats with explosive concentric
Jump Squats, especially from pins
(Power) Cleans

Box Jumps are fucking king though if you do them with proper form
And actually add height on them over time just like you do with weights not just do the same height forever

Just from regular lifting I started being able to do box jumps just barely at belly button height
Added in box jumps twice a week and after a couple of months I can do them up to the top of my rib cage,
managed to do a miracle one up to nipple height when I was on an adrenaline rush

This guy makes a good point that just fixing form and learning to use momentum to your advantage helps a shit ton

Read vertical jump bible, it's a free pdf and is an enjoyable read if you like reading about Sports performance. Written in layman's terms

Also:
>cut to around 10% body fat
The less weight your body has to move the higher you will jump
>high bar squat with speed
>power cleans and Oly style lifts
>kettlebell swings
Im not huge on them myself but I've spent a lot of time at a major university athletic training facility and the strength coaches there swore by them for improving explosiveness
>squat and deadlift heavy
>plyometrics

be black

Get on a plyometric split

Take so much melanotan that you become black

Step ups
Hex-bar jump squats
Straight leg dead lift

Mostly these two

In addition to this, increasing glute and hamstring strength and overall flexibility will do wonders for your jump - as will strengthening your core.

Ultimately the only way to improve jumping is to jump consistently and do other shit to improve your athleticism generally.