Going supplement shopping for the first time today.. this stuff is on my list:

brotein
creatine
omega 3
multivitamin
vitamin d3
creatine (not taking it now)
maybe beta alanine

Where should i go to buy all this shit? vitamin shoppe? costco? GNC? and what brands are best or which ones do you take? Is there anything I should add or subtract?

come on fags what do you take

90% of the shit that's in that pic are hardcore memes

the only supplements that have actually been proven to do anything is whey and creatine. everything else on your list is snake oil.

just a pic bro

okay so what do u take? pretty much gonna meme it and get ON for whey, just dunno what creatine to get

>creatine (not taking it now)
Why not? The younger you are when you first hop on a cycle of creatine, the less likely you are to go bald and have kidney failure.

protein, fish oil, vitamin d3, multi, zinc is all you need

Want a good supplement plan?

Eat at least 500g of fruit and veg a day

get in a good load of carrots and broccoli

If you really want extra shit:

Zinc if you want bigger loads
D if you live in a dark place
Omega 3 if you don't eat a lot of shit
Creatine if you don't care about being natty

An all around healthy diet is all you need.

However, if you really want to supplement here are the basic supps to get

-Multivitamin, if you are female of childbearing age make sure it has at least some folic acid in it, you will probably need to get a separate folic acid supp in addition to this
-Vitamin D3
-B complex
-Omega 3
-FIBER
-Probiotic

IF you want a little extra energy or caffeine I recommend Amino Energy. I use it in the morning, its low in calories no sugars and I really like it. I use it instead of coffee or energy drinks.

Whey protein is good too, but remember its a supplement, a majority of your protein needs to come from food.

flintstone vitamins and metamucil

>Whey protein is good too, but remember its a supplement, a majority of your protein needs to come from food.

Meme.

How the fuck is whey not food?

If whey isn't food, then any dairy product isn't real food. Do you think the proteins in whey aren't real or something?

Get all of your stuff on Amazon. It tends to be cheaper and if you're a student or have access to an .edu email, you get Prime free for a year so it's free two day shipping.

Optimum Nutrition is a decent brand for whey. I use Bulk Supplements whey as it comes completely flavourless.

Casein protein is an excellent addition prior to sleep. It will prevent you from going catabolic during those hours if your metabolism is high.

BCAA's are good for prior and post lifting unless you're trying to burn fat. Isoleucine as the major component of BCAA's facilitate glycogen production. Again, prevents catabolism.

Creatine, 5g a day AFTER you lift. Doing so prior can cause gastrointestinal upset and will draw water out of muscle. You'll look vascular as fuck but dead during your lifts.

For your pre-exercise, Caffeine in pill form (one pill). And you can always stack that with ephedrine if you can get it/is legal in your country.

Multi-vitamins are garbage. You wind up excreting most of it, they are horribly balanced and despite being 'time release' aren't specifically time released for each specific nutrient.

B12 is unnecessary unless your diet is garbage or are a veggie eater only.

Krill Oil > Fish Oil. Krill oil doesn't require bile to digest and is more readily taken by the body as it skips the gall bladder/liver.

>whey
>creatine
>multivitamin (don't get a jewy bodybuilding company one)
>zinc & magnesium supplement if you feel your T is low or you don't get enough in your diet

Anything else is a meme or you're gonna end up having very expensive piss.

My stack currently

Daily
Protien (Isopure Whey 0g carbs 25g a scoop)
Omega 3 + Omega 6 (generic)
CLA (generic)
multivitamins (GAT multi and Test)
Aminos (ERGO best brand for the buck)

Gym
C4 Neuro (preworkout)
DHEA (generic mix with preworkout)
CremTOR (post workout)

kek

Vitamin D is good too. Fish oil has proven anti-inflammatory effects as well.

Beta alanine isn't worth it. I would stick to creatine and whey though, and add D if you could stand to get more time outdoors.

if you're happy consuming a scoop of powder instead of a finely seasoned and grilled chicken breast, then do it bro. it's your life. follow your dreams.

nothing
/thread

why not both.

Fucking hell you really fall for marketing easily. You wouldnt notice any difference dropping all that but the protein, omega 3 and multi vit

OP here i work a construction type moving job so im in the sun alot plus doing reg parks 5x5 at my outdoor backyard gym 3 times a day, then on rest days i do like 30 mins of cardio. Just bought ON choc whey at costco.
Was gonna get fish oil at costco too but gonna hold off on it. Just gonna go to GNC and get creatine. What brand do i get? Read all the posts thank you guys, really helpful.

Creatine is creatine. Micronized is good because it blends easier.

If you get fish oil get high purity straight oil. You need a lot, 4-6 grams of DHA and EPA not just the oil itself.

beta al has too

lol dude are you kidding, i would rather drink protein milkshakes 80% of the time.

MILKSHAKES DUDE

but then again i have a bigger sweet tooth than most

still, drinking whey is nearly the equivalent of drinking milk, sans the casein and lactose (hopefully your protein powder has added calcium as well). still food.

i've never had a problem with creatine consumption pre-workout. with what's in my pre-wokouut powders included, i prooobably get a total of about 10g before workout. i know nothing more than 5g is helpful, but i make sure to supp creatine with high-glycemic carbs (which is what you should do), of which i consume the most 30 mins prior to my workout. and i dose pre-workout powders 5-10 mins prior.

but yeah, no stomach discomfort at all. but i also don't get beta tingles, so maybe i'm a weirdo.

>MILKSHAKES DUDE
>Peanus Weanus

top kek

I'll echo that. Don't get the kind that's mixed with a bunch of other nonsense. Straight creatine powder is fine.

Don't buy into the loading nonsense. You can saturate in a week with 5g a day or 20g a day and achieve the exact same saturation with the latter just being more expensive. ON makes a cheap, good brand. The buffered creatines like AKG actually do worse in lab tests despite their claims (35%+) so skip those as they tend to be more expensive anyway.

It's a reported side effect that some people get. I tend to get side effects on everything, that included. Completely shuts down my appetite so I have to eat prior to taking it.

The water displacement from your muscles however is accurate across the spectrum. Ever experimented with taking it after versus before to see how your body reacts?

I'm not completely sold on the high glycemic thing prior to exercise. I haven't seen any studies to substantiate something high glycemic skipping the digestive cycle and enhancing glycogen production/ATP processses versus just eating normally a few hours prior to lifting. Have you noticed a difference?

As for OP, I forgot to suggest Vitamin D. Most people are deficient in this, but check your blood work since you do your career outside.

buy everything

thanks brehs ended up getting ON for both creatine and the whey.

I only take creatine
Vitamin d 3000ui since im anti social and sit indoors
C4 pre workout for energy
Vitamin c 250mg

You dont really need any supplements, just eat normally and you will get all the nutrition you need.

All these powders only exist because people buy them.

c4 sucks

Whey
Multivitamin
Zinc and Vitamin A pills (because I have acne)
Vitamin D3 pills
Creatine
Beta Alanine

My first pre workout actually, plus i dont drink coffee. Was going to buy hyde but that has 300mg of caffeine. Want to start small.