/owg/ /wlg/

A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults, bullying, and shitposting to a minimum.

>Doping news
allthingsgym.com/retests-olympic-doping-samples/
olympic.org/news/statement-by-the-ioc-executive-board
They're gonna extend the testing. Expect even more people getting caught.

>How to Snatch w/ Klokov
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FYhl4P8OnCd_C2v2tjOC55X

>How to Clean & Jerk w/ Klokov
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FaJbNrQrwYXkP0BVDKdTpPy

>Pas notes about the Chinese System
chinfl.blogspot.sk/2016/02/notes-from-china.html

>Commisar's notes on the dank, zesty Meme Method (DZMM)
pastebin.com/u0jiY8sM

>Everett Basic Novice Program
imgur.com/pCKsrOM
catalystathletics.com/article/131/Starter-Program-for-Catalyst-Athletics-Online-Workouts/

>Takano Example Programs [CIII, CII, CI, CMS]
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M8AqZyApAyeSx-AoX3drVwpQEAJzVDvAJsE9PKoPwZw/edit?usp=sharing

>Mobility stuff
catalystathletics.com/video/section/2/Mobility-Flexibility-Training-Prep/

>Useful videos
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

>Helpful blogs
yashathoughts.com
chinfl.blogspot.com

>Commisar's notes on the dank, zesty Meme Method (DZMM)
pastebin.com/u0jiY8sM

Other urls found in this thread:

the-japan-news.com/news/article/0003004530
youtube.com/watch?v=D-vCKkgaDwc
youtube.com/watch?v=OSdZC8L1tPE
youtube.com/watch?v=7_JxlA08Mx8
watch2gether.com/rooms/ipf-er4gn94pd2pmbjxy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the-japan-news.com/news/article/0003004530

>Russia wants Olympic retests tossed out

lmfao

russia saving the sport?

thank you for making a good thread.

did 2 waves of heavy singles today from 85-95%
actually felt really good

How did Travis cooper do

REAL THREAD
Further posting in non-merger /owg/ and /plg/ threads will result in deletion of posts, and if posting is repetitive, a ban will be in order.

As well, if any new non-merger /owg/ and /plg/ threads are created, they will be deleted and the poster will be PERMANENTLY banned.

Thank you for your co-operation.

REAL THREADS
OLD ONE DELETED AND TWO NEW ONES CREATED FOR EASE OF TRAFFIC AND LESS CLUTTER

AS THE PREVIOUS POST SAID. ALL NEW POSTS THIS IN THIS IS BANNED

THANK YOU

relocated thread

lol

absolute shit hole

no u

shit like always

Keep it up bb

Why are the jannies holocausting our general?

How bad is snatching for my shoulders?

I've been wanting to get into WL, so I started doing some snatch drills (snatch push press, snatch balance, hang snatches, power snatches, overhead squats).
Just with the bar, some even just with a broomstick at home.

Now my left shoulder is cracking and popping even with normal, small movements.
It's not painful, but there is a slight discomfort.

After 4 years of lifting this is the first time I have issues with my shoulder.

Could it be that my shit mobility forces me into a compromising position?

snatching is usually not bad for shoulders unless you have insufficient shoulder mobility.

You need much warm up and mobility work before EVERY snatch workout.

If your mobility is not sufficient you should concentrate on fixing that before attempting to snatch.

I hope mods ban the power tripping janitors who thought this was a good idea, I don't care if commie is one if them he should know better

What would be "not sufficient"?
I *can* do overhead squats with a snatch grip, with my index finger right outside the ring marks is about as close as I can get.

The usual shoulder mobility assessments show that mobility is quite shitty though.

I've been doing mobility work daily (mainly dislocates for shoulders) for months, but I've not seen much improvement...

Does /owg/ have a list of lifts tripfags have done, like /plg/ does? If not, which trips here actually knows what they're talking about?

Do your mobility routine after exercising, when your body is well warmed up

tripfags are fags

What has Veeky Forums become when people actually want them around?

There was a list has made but some aren't confirmed.

Pas, commie, durkz, Geordie, kuya, ob, all have totals confirmed on video or comp. They're not all amazing but they lift what they claim

The notable two who act like bigguys (for u) are deliuge and trappy who spout advice like they're pros but neither has a total that is confirmed. Deli has videos on his Instagram and his tech isn't bad. Trappy has never shown anything.

Deliuge is just passing 100kg Snatch after all these years lol. He's at like 105kg

Stop being an old man.

I'm 15 years old and have great mobility.

k

I don't believe it

Post proof

That's just what Commie told me.

not true

Trappy is a 100lb mentally ill faggit who is weaker than actual women who weigh as much as he does. Never listen to him.

Literally true, and I'm half your age and well past you LOL.

this is blue shoes

actually this is blue shoes
can't even spell my name right and he literally calls himself out for attention...

Actually all of these are blue shoes.

Don't fall for it.

I literally have not posted ITT once.

This guy is not me and i'll be pissed if the mods think i'm evading

Now that i'm a janitor, i have control over all of /owg/. You must all bow before me and accept loli into your life, or else i will ban you from Veeky Forums

>imitating a moderator/janitor
literally permaban

I now pronounce this general /dg/, or /deliuge general/

>literally squats 400lbs after 4 yers
why do you even try

I actually squat way less than that

If you do not post with the name deliuge you are officially banned from my general

sorryyes 15 pounds les LOL

i heard that sedov challenged ilya to 2020 woah

Sedov gon win ofc

is illya pop official?

even less than that

I thought the trappy drama was the worse shirt recently to happen in these threads but the last day has been the worst

I hope all /barbell general/ people and blueshoes fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=D-vCKkgaDwc
kinda cool ehab docu.

Tomorrow have to hit 3 singles @95% in snatch block clean and back squat

I'm scared

Should be ezpz if you've been training right.

Training going pree good so trusting the program, just gotta not let the numbers get in my head

>tfw blueshoes removed me from his friendslist on steam ;_;

Post yfw classic powerlifting replaces weightlifting in the olympic program

It never will, powerlifting is boring as fuck

back squat 3x5@ 85% followed by 3x3 Front squat at 90%

>end me

the good thing is thee past two weeks of squating i feel a lot stronger, like first monday 3x5 at 116kg was horrible, but this past week i did 116 5x5 much easier.

its great having a good program/coach to follow

Agree m8. My program of squatting was changed, % (of best normal squat) stayed same yet the word 'paused' added. Was hell at first and almost missed 3x3 @80% but the following weeks I did 6x3 and 5x2 easily. At this rate my current best back squat will be my new pause pr hopefully beltless too

weight also moving up well, weighed 71.0 this mornin

lovin it

Who else /dayoff/ here?

me

v bored rn desu

it totally will

stay mad DYELS don't forget to lower the weight and work on technique, we wouldn't want to accidently build some muscle right?

Stay fat and weak, just like every other little bitch faggot user in plg

Maybe one day you'll hit that 2pl8 binch once you learn that sickening arch and ugly wide grip

Look how unexciting this is. There isn't even a proper crowd. Not even in a proper stadium. This would never sell out an arena like Olympic weightlifting does.

>Stay fat and weak, just like every other little bitch faggot user in plg
oh no I'm so sad don't hurt my feeling you fucking twink shit I will put you in the fucking ground with your blue shoes stuffed up your ass
>arch and ugly wide grip
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>using wide grip on snatch and not shoulder width
>"jerking" the weights USING YOUR LEGS instead of The Press it
cheaters lmao

>
youtube.com/watch?v=OSdZC8L1tPE

Wow a conference hall that seats 100 people how impressive

Nigger you probably look like the blue shoes faggot but at least he squats to depth yet you don't

Fuck out here kid I squat you're max deadlift for triples

this is literally the most boring shit I've ever watched

>you're

Jesus, that has to be the most boring piece of shit sport I've seen in such a fucking long time.

>Wow a conference hall
Wasn't a conference hall, was a sports hall. I was there, I watched that.

You didn't see the men's superheavies in 2015. Literally 200 person crowd, the place was stuffed.

Wow a whole 200 people

That's nothing compared to how many weightlifting worlds get. Or euros. Shit, even the British champs this weekend got more. Pretty sure the fucking under 17 British got more than 200. Local meets can get that much.

Face it, powerlifting has even less mass appeal than weightlifting no two ways about it

>Wow a whole 200 people
The place was held in a tiny city in Finland two hours away from the capital.

Local WL meets and even the British do not get 200 people turning up to watch. They get the friends and family of the people lifting.

You are being disingenuous if you disagree.

is it good to use a hookgrip on the clean rack position?

We're you at the British this weekend? No. Way more than 200 in the crowd.

And regardless, what I said holds true. Powerlifting is not as popular because it's not a spectacle.

And who cares about where it was hosted. Euros were in forde this year which is tiny and they still sold out even b and some c sessions.

how many viewers those arnolds have?

No idea but many many

youtube.com/watch?v=7_JxlA08Mx8

Isley gtfo. you're only competent in 1 of the 3 powerlifting lifts. How do u suck at such a basic sport?

No point, hook grip is used for a more solid grip on the bar during the pull, it'll have no benefit in the rack senpai

guys i was perfectly fine then I attempted a max out and had a 3 second grind and past 3 days my quadricep has been throbbing in pain randomly and it feels weak. I rolled it out last night and made it even worse it's terrible.

help?

2/3 now

is commisar here

Why are powerlifters being so buttmad in here

Belt yay or nay? Should I wait until strong core or nah

Commisar pls save the shitshow that /owg/ has become. Ur the one true king.

I have a plan going on behind the scenes to save us hehehe

Help me /owg/, I don't know how to clean.

Little bit of background, only been at it for about six months, but I feel like I "get" and understand the snatch. It's become a natural and intuitive motion to me, and if I'm doing something wrong on a particular day, I can reason through to the cause based on my instinct and knowledge of lifting mechanics.

Not so with the clean, and the problem is that I can't keep from slamming the bar into my thighs and losing all power using anything resembling orthodox form, no doubt partially because of my monkey arms. No matter what adjustments I make, I can't accomplish these three things in a single attempt:
> keep bar very close to body, particularly during the explosion (or whatever you care to call it)
> get decent power, bar elevation, and "oomph"
> use a grip width that is too narrow to be used seriously for snatching
I can get "oomph" and a natural-feeling motion by widening my grip to the point it should only be used for snatches (pointer fingers on the lines at 5'7" tall),
OR
I can keep the bar further away from my body, CoG over toes, bar two inches or more away from body during the explosion.

I can't think of any high level lifter other than that one chinese girl who use such a wide grip on the clean, nor anyone who keep the bar so far away from their bodies, even if there are a few who don't quite make contact with hips or legs. Keeping the bar away from my body feels totally natural and lets me pull more than widening my grip to the extreme, but I'm guessing the stress on my back will be too much once I graduate from baby weight. Grip width increase is such that the bar makes gentle contact with my hip crease; anything less and the bar crashes into my upper leg prior to the explosion, forcing me to bend my elbows and sapping all power from the lift. I've spent days upon days trying new things and fixing problems successfully in the snatch, but no amount of reasoning or effort has gotten me anywhere with the clean.

Isley is mad because I'm going to shit on his bench in under 2 months of training.

what are his lifts, also what is ur current bench?

shittt nigga extend more thats all about in pulls, also fucking fix your face, open mouth during lift of something

i think he benches 155.
I benched 150 at 85 and since ive started training it again ive gone from 130-148 in a few weeks but I'm around 98kg body weight now so its within reason that I'll be hitting a lot higher than 150 or 155 soon

your posts are better than any Veeky Forums humour thread posts

ggogoog that would be so funny, you could shot at his dl too i guess demn i need to gain some weight