Olympic Lifting is for FAGS

Can somebody explain to me why ANYBODY would choose to pursue olympic lifting rather than powerlifting?

Not only do you need to be on steroids to be COMPETITIVE in oly lifting, but you need to spend hours and hours practicing form with just the bar like a pussy. Olympic Lifting is such a joke that four top lifters are getting BUSTED because they were forced to hop on juice to stay conpetitive LOL.

On the other hand, powerlifting is a display of raw strength and power instead of oly lifting faggy athletic movements. On top of this the exercises are easier to learn and you don't need to hire a $1000 a month coach to show you how to just perform the movements with the bar. AND ON TOP OF THAT you don't need to take steroids to be competitive.

Your move, olyboos, prove me wrong cuhcks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wNbrVw1Yp5c
youtube.com/watch?v=gPfY35wNq4g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bar is best bae
cmon lad

>prove me wrong cuhcks.
OP pic made me thinkyou meant literally the opposite of what you intended. Who would like to be such a fat faggot?

Just look into /owg/, every one is a weak twink.

/plg/ at least has strong trips

>the one on the left
Happy, atractive, pussy magnet
>the one on the right
Fat, depressed, probably impotent

>world's top powerlifters are natty
Kek

Oly lifting:
- True sport
- You need to be an actual athelete
- Your form needs to be on point

Powerlifting:
- Cheating ROM
- Full of fatasses on roids
- No proper judging on form

Didnt you answer your question by yourself with that pic?

Powerlifting is for fatties that are too useless/dumb to do activities that require any sort of skill but they still wanna do some sort of "Sport"

>benni is a powerlifter
kys

>what are weight classes
>it doesn't require any skill or technical mastery to be at the top of a sport

mad fatty detected

Plg is more popular so obviously it has more

The average user in plg isn't even squatting double bw which our twinky olyboi can do for a double

This

Do you think that real athletes spend their time in Veeky Forums? They do it because its a sport and they love it, not because they are insecure and want some muscles and strength to compensate, ending up in PLG to make it a hobby

Don't compare PL and WL. You don't have to be athletic to be a powerlifter, but for weightlifting it really matters what your sports history looks like, how explosive and flexible you are, and how you can adapt motor patterns. There's a reason you spend lots of time doing something else than just raw strength training, and that's why you don't compare these

>average nipponese w9lifters

nigger detected

both sports have their share of fatasses and mediocre lifters. just doing cleans and snatches doesn't mean you have anything in common with a klokov or dimas. you're still just an unathetlic nerd on Veeky Forums lifting babby weights.

Nice b8 m8, I r8 8/8.

I lift oly, and I think powerlifting is fine. Only sometimes some lifts are doing with horrible ROM-cheating form, bventually they'll find better ways to regulate form/rules for the lifts, just like oly took decades and decades to do.

There are many real athletes who spend their time on Veeky Forums. Bodorio is an example.

Powerlifting is oly lifting for people with bad genetics.

>technical mastery

Did he win anything?
Nope.

Can you figure out why?

>Did he win anything?

this did

all powerlifters do this shit though

That's a woman though. Women's classes are literally shit no one cares about.

So are men's, you're just in denial.

She set a total record? Don't think so.

Can you figure out why?

because you're a faggot?

It's a man.

It's a man and actually he did.
youtube.com/watch?v=wNbrVw1Yp5c

>under 200lbs
>adult male

pick one

Lol holy shit the butthurt in this post.

Also, black people have almost no presence in oly.

Why not just do a bit of both and meet halfway. Be strong and p good looking.

Non competitive idiots hurling shit is whats happening around this thread

weightlifting is a sport for athletes
powerlifting is a hobby for pretend athletes, retirees and fatasses

oly just dropped The Press
should pl just drop bench?

ass isn't on bench

>being Gohan

nice pasta, Tony

>cherry picking powerlifters and comparing them to klokov

kek
Here's a fair comparison
youtube.com/watch?v=gPfY35wNq4g

>/b/ - Why are you happy?

lmao @ your life

Hello, can you read? TOTAL record.

You fuckers never get that powerlifting is about THREE lifts, and while your genetic proportions might make for ridiculous bench presses, they FUCK you up in the deadlift and thus your TOTAL sucks.

How is that so hard to understand?

bait thread

oly is better. there's rules of course, but and the end of it you have to lock the bar out over your head. powerlifters invent a variety of ways to cheat.

arcing the back into a rainbow on bench to decrease ROM

sumo deadlifts

wide stance squats only to parallel

>oly is better

>oly

>oly

>oly

It's called weightlifting, WL for short.

Who CARES about TOTALS when no one even MENTIONED them?

YOU spend years of TIME and EFFORT getting a 400kg TOTAL which gets you NO attention while CHAD got a 3 plate BENCH when he was 18 and tells PRIME TEEN BITCHES about it to this day while they MIRE his FACE, FRAME, and HEIGHT.

very funny meme thanks

>powerlifter

I cba downloading a pic of Holly Mangold, but imagine posted one with
>weightlifter

>weightlifter

Lol don't need steroids to be competitive at some shitkicking bumfuck country fair freakshow maybe. Get a reality check you simple motherfucker.

false. Some names.
me, juan, geordil, several others that don't trip. Commie is also decently strong

>me

you're weak as fuck

>juan

literally the only strong person

>geordil

doesn't even come to Veeky Forums anymore

>Commie

lol

Only power lifters are insecure enough to make threads like this. Why would I want to be an insecure power lifter like OP?

/thread

I would only really discuss the ipf athletes (raw) and like top end super heavies like Malanichev, Greene, Sumner, Williams ext ext. other than those people powerlifting is a joke. Fat unhealthy goofs who look like shit.