I'm trying to work pout a routine to make me stronger

I'm trying to work pout a routine to make me stronger.

I'm a weak guy, who is sick of not being able to lift as much as others, so in the long term i want to increase my strength. I have tried routines in the past, but I never stick to them and so I always fail.

I want to make a routine that perhaps wont get me results as quick as other, better known people's routines, is perhaps slower, but requires less commitment and is therefore more stable in the long run.

I was thinking of just lifting weights twice a week and having two days

Day A
Squats 5-8 reps 3 sets
Deadlifts 5-8 reps 3 sets
Overhead press 5-8 reps 3 sets

Day B
Squats 5-8 reps 3 sets
Deadlifts 5-8 reps 3 sets
Bench Press 5-8 reps 3 sets

Randomly throw in 3 sets of pull-ups on a day off

I would give you actual advice, but considering the whole internet is at your fingertips and you're going to ignore it to make your own program, I don't think you really want our help

You can be the new poster boy for T-Rex Mode

read the sticky you fucking [spoiler]new guy who needs helpful advice from a good source[/spolier]

NEVER EVER do that much deadliftng.

1x5 deadlift. The warm up sets and one working set is all you need.

I would also recommend you replace squats on one day with hip thrusts.

Stick to the 3-5 rep range, rather than 5-8

just do SS you daft cunt

>NEVER EVER do that much deadliftng
you can, it's not necessarily advisable but you certainly can do it
you'd do it as part of a training cycle, not day-in-day-out though

what is it with noobs and thinking they know how to make a routine

just do SS ya dip

you are missing the point, what i'm asking is if i can do a routine which requires less commitment than SS, which perhaps does not achieve the same results in the same timeframe, but will be easier to stick to because I will only be doing it 2 times a week.

Never going to make it with that piss poor attitude

well my point is that you're a lazy fucking shit who "is sick of not being able to lift as much as others" and should do SS to change his ways

3 days a week is nothing

if you can't commit to such a small amount of training, you don't deserve the gains

Is 3 times a week really much more commitment than two times? if an extra hour a week is enough to put you off the routine isn't the problem, it's that you're the definition of a moist sideman

Fair enough, im trying to be realistic though. I always go into a routine (like SS, which ive tried before), follow it religiously for a couple of months and then life gets in the way and it all goes to shit.

I was looking for a routine that was very very very basic that would require such little commitment that unexpected life events wouldn't get in the way.

I read the sticky and im seeing seam10mm

looks alot simpler than SS, and i might give it a go.

But the real question was; Can i expect to gain strength if I goto the gym twice a week instead of three times? even if its less than going 3 times will i still get stronger?

These two know what's up
I was , my point was that your routine is shit and you'd be better off with a pre-made one (or even a variant of it). If you're so much of a newfag that you can't commit to 3 days a week, you're too new to be able to make a good routine yourself

The workout you described is literally SS for rank novices. If you look in the sticky, the 'never touched a barbell' novice routine has squats on day A and deadlifts on day B. You also alternate deads with glute-ham raises, but once you get the hang of the lifts you go into squats and deads each workout.

okay i guess ill follow the advice you guys have given then. Ill go for 3x a week instead and just try the full commitment again.

how would you guys compare SS to sean10mm?

I'd just do SS lad

it's only 3 sets compared to Sean's 5 sets

>can I expect strength if I go twice

You can expect sub-optimal strength and more fat gain

I've been through what you've been through with going in and out. There's a simple cure for it: Discipline yourself.

>im trying to be realistic though
>3 hours a week isn't realistic
sort your life out cuz
physical weakness isn't your problem, mental weakness is

this

stop being a wetty OP

ok fine ill commit to the 3 days a week routine.

Ill go for Sean10mm though, the excercises look alot less exotic

I really dont wanna power clean.

There is no beginner program but SS, and Rippetoe is its prophet.

do snatch grip DL's instead of powercleans lad

if you're gonna do seans, do 3x5

Read the sticky

>i really don't wanna power clean
Do you have a vagina?