Dumbbell press vs bench press

Let's settle this shit.
I think dumbbell presses are better because of the larger range of motion.

Dumbbells for mass.
Barbell for strength.

Do both.

Aesthetics: DB
Husbando: Bench

i vote dumbell cause you use equal weight, whereas with barbell you can slightly favor one side

I snapped my shoulder with regular bench once, now i can only do the dumbbell version without feeling pain

so my vote is for dumbbells

so DB's are better for aesthetics?

>my form was shit so barbell bench is shit

Yes.

I only lift for aesthetics.
I do cardio for actual health improvements. I guess I'll stick to dumbbells.

>proper weightlifting doesn't have health benefits
>a strong barbell bench won't carry over to a larger dumbbell bench and more asthetics

Come on mang.

i don't like how bench press makes my shoulders feel. DB feels more comfortable

i dont think anyone thinks they have a bad form before goin to snap city

i was feeling no pain, i taped myself regularly and followed all the steps to a good bench

was not going for a pr or anything, my left shoulder just fuckin snapped out of nowhere and the weight came down on my chest, no pain as a sign or anything before the snap

It was way cooler with the barbell, and i could progress in a more linear fashion, but now i dont see another choice

or you could just learn proper form. jesus christ.

All of these. I prefer DBs to keep my arms symmetrical and I usually lift without a spotter anyway, but doing both is important

Both plus weighted pushups faggot

>weighted push-ups

You meant dips right Fag?

I prefer neither. My personal choice would be the Weighted Dip - and before you ask, no, I am not wearing OR tipping my fedora right now. I have perfectly reasonable reasons for using the Weighted Dip as my primary tricep and pectorial muscle builder and that is more than you uneducated apes can say for your precious 'bench press' or it's slightly less evolved cousin, the 'dumbbell press'.

How the hell do you guys do just as much weight with dumbells as barbells?

by lifting them up?

I dunno about "just as much" but you can get closer by DB pressing more often...

What the hell does this even mean?

'husbando' usually refers to more bearmode guys, meaning men who train for strength instead of aesthetics
so for aesthetics you would DB press, for raw strength bench press

Do you guys drop the dumbbells after benching or do you have sit up with them?

I drop them, everyone I've ever seen DB press drops them

Okay also if you're switching form barbell to DB how much should you do with the dumbbells. EX: 135 for reps = 65 lb dumbbells?

Slightly lower, if you do 135 for reps you'd wanna go with 60 or 55.

My arms are a different length and my left pec turns into a tit if I exclusively use bench press due to my uneven arms. My vote is for Dumbbells

I know a guy that benches like 215 for reps but can only handle 65 lbs DBs for reps... it all depends, though, since DBs will target your arms individually and he might just be really heavy on his dominant side when benching

I'd start with what said and adjust if necessary. You can't always guess what your bench will translate into for DB press

thanks

>bench 255 for reps
>can go high, but shoulder gets cranky
>switch to DBs for a while to let shoulder heal and de-crankify

I benched the 100 dbs just fine, could definitely do 105 or 110s but the dbs themselves get so fucking unruly, how the hell does anyone do this regularly? especially when considering warm up weights?

Whats your reason? Because dips damn sure don't have a large moment to the pec demanding force production, so what is the reason?

I've been doing DB for a while now and it always feels like getting them up the first time is the hardest. If I can get them up, I can usually go for 5 or more reps