Kidney / red beans

My mother tells me that buying that shit is stupid because before you cook them, you have to let them sit in water at least to days.

is there a faster way to make these fuckers Veeky Forums?

you leave them o soak overnight senpai

Alrighty.

You guys got any idea what I could make them with? What recipes do you use?

And by overnight, do you mean like 8-9 hours is enough?

matey.Soak your beans overnight, then change water, rinse and boil for hours until soft. Do a huge batch at once and freeze them so you dont spend a life boiling beans.
Also put in a tomato and paprika sauce, or chilli, or anything really

I buy two cans of kidney beans and one can of baked beans and one can of diced tomatoes.

Soak the canned kidney beans in water for like 1-2 hours and rinse a few times.

Heat oil in cookware, add oil, some garlic and diced onion (red). Cook for 40 seconds. Add in the diced tomato can.

Stir that shit around. Next add in 2 cans of kidney beans and 1 can of baked beans.

Stir that shit a round some more. Add in curry powder + salt to taste. Done.

I could literally eat this shit every single day. Cut up some salad (lettuce, tomato, red onion, italian no calorie dressing) have it with that.

Huh. No rice with that?

Also, do the baked beans really go well with the kidney beans?

Man, I really gotta find something I can eat al day everyday just like you, because eating is increasingly difficult, and I really gotta grow (110lbs feel me)

I saved that recipe tho, gonna try that.

Fuck I'm hungry as shit now!

>It's stupid because you have to plan in advance!
What idiocy is this?

Well I'm trying to bulk and she gets it, but she advises me easily edible food, not stuff you have to prepare beforehand.

I have a hard time eating food, and I don't have a lot of monies.

Just sharing a staple in my diet. Have it almost every other day.

The baked beans is already in a tomato sauce so helps really add flavour. The canned kidney beans are tasteless. I personally love it. Experiment and see what flavours work for you. My recipes just an easy to make bbing recipe.

You can have it with rice as well. If I'm cutting down on carbs when cutting I forget the rice :P

Sweet man. Last question though, how many grams are those cans of beans?

Beans go incredibly well with spearmint. Try it.

not the guy, but usually the same as your baked beans, so about 415g.

that's guys recipe sounds mad nice, gonna have to cook it up soon lol!

Just having a look for you, He's right 400grams.

2 can of kidney
1 can of baked
1 can of diced tomato

Also I don't like chunks of tomato in my food so I blend the diced tomato can before using it.

Wait you're supposed to soak these? Whenever I use them I just use them straight out of the can

They're already soaked while in the can. However, if you buy them in bulk, you'll have to soak them.

>Wait you're supposed to soak these? Whenever I use them I just use them straight out of the can

Maybe not. I thought it would help with flatulence as the gas causing agents would soak out.

No, only if you're buying them raw and dry. The ones in the can are precooked and presoaked. Just like with any other canned product. You can eat it straight out of the can.

If you don't soak your kidney beans you get bean lectin poisoning

yessir, put them bitches in chili and serve it over rice. if you make a vat of chili you can portion it out and have several weeks of tasty meals in your freezer.

Can you die from dis shit?

Buy organic canned beans? Dummy

>soak overnight
wew ladd

Do you have a link to the curry powder you use?
I have 3 kinds of generic curry powder and they are wildly different from each other and I don't wanna fuck it up

If they are dry and not been cooked before then yeah you can get ill but canned beans have been cooked once so it's safe to eat out of the can

Do I have to soak them in water even if when I buy them canned they are in beanjuice?

Man, one time I tried eating like 300 grams of these without soaking them and got fucked up.

Killer migranes, vomiting, diarrhea. CouIdnt even move.

Did you check the condition of your batch?

how long it takes to soak them in total until you can eat them?

this is not the ideal way to prepare beans but it's worked for me in the past

> place dry beans in pot with water
> bring water to a boil
> let boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat
> allow beans to soak in hot water for one hour, then cook them normally

some of them will be a little undercooked, but if you're strapped for time it works

alternatively, buy canned

>beanjuice
Topkek, nope that was water but after months the beans have basically leaked into it a bit, a lot of the nutrients are in the juice I think.

Just google it holy shit.

I;m thinking bout thos beans

Beans expert here

For starters, get chickpeas instead.
Soak those shits overnight. Then rinse them, throw them in a pot with water. As you start to boil them throw in some vegetable stock and soy sauce, and then let that low boil/simmer for at least 2 and a half hours, maybe more.

Toward the end, throw in some onions or whatever else you like

fun fact: raw and undercooked beans are actually toxic for humans. ie. they contain an actualy toxin that causes food poisoning.

Thats litterally the instructions on every package

This is what I love using daily. All purpose curry powder.

Don't you guys get canned beans that are already soaked in brine? Four bean mix etc?