This dude looks better than 99% of Veeky Forums and is probably stronger than 95% too. He also happens to do crossfit...

This dude looks better than 99% of Veeky Forums and is probably stronger than 95% too. He also happens to do crossfit. Tell me again why that isn't what you are doing right now, Veeky Forums?

because i dont want to hit a kiddie pool full of water with a sledgehammer while balancing on a pogo stick

Crossfit is nothing like what they advertise. I've seen my local Crossfit gym, and a Crossfit gym in the city. It's full of 30-50 year olds with a few kids sprinkled in there. Most of them have average physiques, some are small, some don't even look like they lift. and it's funny because you can totally sense that they're all full of themselves.

He takes steroids and doesn't actually use crossfit workouts

Crossfit where i am is full rich spoiled but hot girls
Makes sense, its basically 300/mth here

Because I don't see the practical application of doing barbell flies on a yoga ball with a raging erection and a child strapped to my chest

The official crossfit WODs are primarily metabolic conditioning, that is correct. Obviously Rich does strength training too, but you'd be foolish not to think he doesn't also incorporate metcons in his routine.

Even if he uses steroids, why not train the way he trains (with less volume)? You would obviously get more fit.

>300/mth

Christ

Those lads already looked like that before they started doing crossfit. They're also on so much juice they would end up looking like that even if all they did was bodyweight shit and running

This
Most CrossFit "athletes" aren't athletes they are basically fitness models who work for CrossFit

tbqh most crossfit boxes include heavy weightlifting in their wods. At least in germany.

First heavy weight than HIIT. Thats how we roll ;)

Enjoy paying 200€+ for basic weightlifting and cardio

>crossfit
>less volume
>getting rhabdo from less volume

Yep.
And its an open air gym too.
Brb imma start a crossfit

congrats for making one of the gayest posts I've ever seen on Veeky Forums, and thats saying something

>tfw crossfit makes you say shit like 'wod' and post smileys

Because the fuckers that compete in the games don't do the bullshit you see in the average box. Most of them are Oly lifters with some body weight skills and hella work capacity. They don't train crossfit. They train to compete in the games.

That's how most reasonable people train, except they have scheduled workouts and progressive loading instead of random workouts. It's actual training.

The dude not using the method he's training makes it apparent that CrossFit is an exercise-not method of training.

Also, when you consider he's on roids that's actually not an impressive physique.

And, as another user said is stupidly expensive and isn't justified.

he did not get this body by doing crossfit.
he looked like that before he was hired

>Tell me again why that isn't what you are doing right now, Veeky Forums?
Because he didn't get that big on crossfit, he was already big then stepped over to crossfit because it has a larger crowd following it and therefor makes it easier to make money with

crossfit is literally poverty strongman

What makes you say that

>tries to combine athleticism and strength
>doesn't want to do anything too arduous though
>changes all the actually good events for meme versions
And have you ever seen them lift stones? It's a joke

Did he start crossfit from a skeleton or a fatass and then get to where he is now using it?

No. No he didn't. Even elite lifters like Klokov have dabbled with Crossfit. Even Rippetoe himself got involved with Crossfit, briefly.

>THEY LOOK LIKE X AND THEY'RE CURRENTLY DOING Y! DO Y AND YOU WILL LOOK LIKE X!

You aren't that stupid are you?

This dude looks better than 99% of Veeky Forums and is probably stronger than 95% too. He also happens to not do crossfit. Tell me again why that isn't what you are doing right now, Veeky Forums?

Strenght training and cardio in the same workout, say goodbye to your gains.

hiring and promoting these ripped athletes and pretending they got that way by doing crossfit is part of the marketing. and it works, but everybody knows that the best crossfitters don't do wods and all that shit. they just train like normal human beings.

not necessarily, you can do conditioning in the same session as lifting, a lot of exercises are both
I do yoke as part of an events session and I'll do a mix of heavy, short distance walks and lighter speed ones (e.g heavy 15m walks with 300kg and 30-60m with 220)

He's on steroids. Programs and regimes don't matter when you're on gear.

Is this bait? Cardio has been proven time and again to aid in recovery. I always do cardio after a leg workout and I squat 5plate natty.

He looks like a manlet, so your opinion is invalid.

that's also true for manlets.

He's 5'9, which is not short enough to get him those kinds of gains natty.

what the fuck are you talking about? those gaains aren't natty? How fucking DYLE KEK is this bored?

crossfit gyms in my area $150/mth
regular gym is $20/mth
hmmmmmmmmmm which one shall I pick

If you think he's natty then you're dyel scrub with less than 1 year of experience. Enjoy your newb gains while you still can.

>$150/mth

WHAT THE H*CK?? WHERE CAN I SIGN UP?! HAHA XD

I would injure myself. This fuck is fit cause he puts more time into it then others not because crossfit is somehow better. Its just something to do if you are bored of other shit. Id rather do straight compound lifts that minimize injury though.

cross fit is basically a games for manlets anyone above 6ft is fucked and basically wont win because its done on time and it will take a manlet less time to do most of the lifts.

training 2 years. Think I'm doing alright.

>example of one guy who completes professionally in crossfit competitions
>literally top 1% example

>omg teh crossfit is so much betters

>He happens to oly lift correctly then competes in crossfit.

FTFY

"Met-con" is basically like any other sport-specific conditioning, only here the sports are all made up things that don't exist.

So much of crossfit is just getting more efficient at doing their specific fruity movements that have zero application outside of crossfit, but are essential to being successful at crossfit. You have to kip pullups. You have to practice your double unders. You have to do their kipping handstands on the bars.

It's athleticism for people who aren't actually athletes and ne ver will be.

skinnyfat

basically this
he'de be a scrub jobber in an actual sport/weightlifting but in crossfit he's a big fish in a small pond

>"Powerlifting " is basically like any other sport-specific conditioning, only here the sports are all made up things that don't exist.
>So much of powerlifting is just getting more efficient at doing their specific fruity movements that have zero application outside of crossfit, but are essential to being successful at crossfit. You have to arch your back to bench press. You have to practice your sumo mixed grip deadlift. You hace yo do loww bar squat.
>It's athleticism for people who aren't actually athletes and never will be.

I have nothing against powerlifting, just wanted to show you how any weigthlifting sport will eventually lead to that.

Eh, except powerlifting falls into venerated tradition of specific human extremes.
>who can run the fastest.
>who can lift the most
>who can run the longest
>who's the best boxer
>who's the best wrestler

These are the most ancient of human competitions. Powerlifters (or sprinters, marathoners, etc) are all just seeking specific extremes.

On the opposite end, you have people who are seeking out conditioning as a means to further their sport, but who also focus on refining their craft, strategy, finesse, accuracy, specific to their chosen sport.

Crossfit has neither the history, the extremes, or the specialization that these other sports have, aside from a broad band of "fitness" that is applicable mainly to crossfit. Rich Froning would gas out early on with a high-school level wrestler or amateur boxer merely due to unfamiliarity with the movements.

Did you ever see when they first threw a small swimming portion in the crossfit games? Severl of the "fittest people on earth" couldn't finish a few hundred meters, because they simply were awkward, thrashy swimmers.

>dyel cuck claims anyone with mass is on roids

>hehe showed him.

Hes in better shape than 99.9% of the population. Lol 95% of fit? He is likely in better shape than every person on fit.

are you huehuebr? crosfit is what most people do in my shity brasilian town right now, i love those fake weights like, dude deadlifting 4pl8 but its actually 90kg

>This dude looks better than 99% of Veeky Forums

>tfw I'm in the 1%

rpoodz

Good picture to illustrate 'average bodybuilding results' when X-fitters post some pro-athlete to show how effective Xfit is.

Takes too much effort that doesn't correlate with gainz. Has a high chance of leading to injury. Expensive. Could be fun with the right people but it looks like it attracts cunts that take themselves too seriously. Also don't want people telling me what to do.

His beard is so shitty.

Because I'm an actual athlete and crossfire doesn't help me get better.

Wasn't he a D-something football player? He clearly roids as well. I'd hardly blame crossfit for his strength or physique.

I tried, but all the kipping got me airborne and put my head through the ceiling.

i have a crossfit fugly chick on my Facebook
>mfw she says it's not calories in calories out
>mfw she looks the same for the last 3 years
>mfw she brags about doing meme workouts with special attention to form, in particular not having a good one

RRREEEEEEEEEE

He looks dyel af is this bait?

I think this guy got shot in Orlando the other day

because unlike him i'm not on PEDs

also

>crosshit athletes only do crosshit

fucking lel, they all do oly lifts and the usual compounds

Crossfit is about being in the middle point and the chose some bad exercises for it, so people who compete on it for any reason has to do them, I don't like crossfit by any mean, I just wanted to make you understand that whenever you pick something to compete in people will specialize one it and cheat as much as possible to win.

weight lifting and the usual compounds are the bread and butter of crossfit. the first thing they teach beginners is to deadlift.

Have you seen a crossfit deadlift? Fukin snap city

>this one person does something and is better than you, therefor you should do it
the argument's retarded and you should feel retarded.
other than that, yeah crossfit-like methods are great to keep you in shape while keeping you strong (particularly when cutting), but the boxes tend to be shit.
Veeky Forums hates hard on the boxes and forgets that being able to
>power lift
>oly lift
>run
>climb
>jump
means having more fitness than
>DL 18lmao plates
>not being able to finish a mile

That guy would be stronger than 95% of Veeky Forums regardless of what routine he did. Probably even more so if he followed a decent routine.

Majority of crossfiters don't look like that.

I'm actually gonna start doing a crossfit program this summer.

you are not wrong, but that has nothing to do with what i said

To the best of my knowledge (and please correct me if I'm wrong) crossfit programs tend to focus on drills/repetitions over form in order to congratulate their customers for their success.

Also, as my interest is a combination of weight loss, strength, and aerobics in that order, I'm not sure that I see the point of the thing.

>crossfit programs
you mean crossfit gyms
just look up the programs in their website, find the ones you like/think are beneficial, and do them.
>no kipping
>no high rep oly
>no dangerous jumping over shit
worked for me.

same breh. switch it up a bit

Seveneves was shit, Neal.

This. Just sort through the webpage for workouts that look good.

Crossfit just took a bunch of shit that other people were doing, swapped it around a bit and marketed it in an accessible manner. There's lots of good stuff that's come from it. They just went stupid with their "sport of fitness" and box culture.

Just join a boxing or grappling gym. You'll do mostly the same stuff and learn an actual skill at the same time.

Sounds pretty reasonable then.

Yeah, doing roids and working out, no matter how shitty, tends to do that

It really depends on your gym and trainer if u have one. We have 2 locals, and the one I go to takes it very seriously, and damn people do look ripped. The other one lets people choose what kind of exercise they want to do, like wtf?

Yeah, same here in Hungary. I love it, it has so much diversity conpared to just going to the gym.

This.

Welcome to the world of advertisement you fucking idiots.

Way too much muscle in my opinion
>inb4 b-but muh gainz

>The Sport of Fitness(tm)

>he thinks world class competitive 'crossfitters' actually train using crossfit

wew lad

You can't fucking learn the right form for all the exercises in crossfit. You have to have someone to tell you.
Also, I dunno about you amerifags, but here in Hungary I pay 30€/mth with 3 times exercise/week

How do crossfit boxes work, crossfitfags? What if I want to go to a box because they just have better equipment (tons of racks, platforms, plates, etc.) than anything else available near me, but I don't want to do any of the WODS and shit. Its not all guided classes right?

Do they offer a cheaper price if I just want to do my own thing? I don't think I could justify shilling out the same amount of money as someone who does a daily workout with a trainer, if I just follow my own program.

In the US btw

Well yeah, if you go to a shitty gym with 20+ people on a lesson. A WOD/drill takes up like 20 mins max of the lesson itself, the rest is about form/mobility/preparation.
At least here in Hungary

Most boxes have open gym hours. Not sure about pricing on that if you dont plan to do the classes

>even if all they did was bodyweight shit
>bodyweight shit
Kill yourself, please.