Couch to 5k

Is this legit or a meme?

Are you legit or are you a meme?

no it's pretty good you could probably go at it harder depending on the amount of fat you have on you

its pretty fucking simple
>run a little
>run some more
>repeat
>confuckingrats

it's the SS of cardio routines

It's legit. Running distances of 2km-10km is one of the most easily trainable exercises out there, as humans are a long distance running species - Running long distances and projectile throwing are the two things humans excel at, physically, in the animal kingdom.

Question is, why do you want to run 5k, and how fast do you want to run it.

Bump my bros I've been thinking of starting this just need motivation now to start.

>need more motivation

never going to make it. kys

i've done it and it works. Like another user said its pretty simple.

Agreed. It starts off super slow from untrained.

Going to start this tomorrow. Embarrassing that I can't run a mile when I'm otherwise in such fine physical shape.

>Embarrassing that I can't run a mile
>I'm otherwise in such fine physical shape.

I mean, I probably could. But you know, yuck. Back to the free weights.

>just started it
>knee feels like shattering from past injury

hopefully it gets better since the knee feels fine for everything except running

Yeah I guarantee you could. Anyone can. Even if they're barely moving at a slow pace they can. It's all mental.

What terrain do you run on?

If you're in even decent shape, you could push yourself to do 2 miles.

Running is %100 mental. It's all about will power.

sidewalk. only other thing I could do is run on a small dirt path in circles.

also thanks for the picture. I have seen it before and try to do that but I was jogging on forefoot and might have to lean forward more.

it's legit as fuck

and works really well

>HURR DURR EVERYTHING IS A MEME
Chug this faggot

It is totally legit. Follow it and don't cheat. It allows you to skip ahead if you're completely comfortable doing so. Do NOT push yourself too far too fast. It might seem like being a pussy but if you can't run a mile... like I couldn't before I did C25k... you were just like me, a total fucking biatch.

Running is an awesome workout that I skipped out on in my teens and early 20's. C25K worked great for me. Being able to run a 5k is now a breeze.

Drink plenty of water, get good sleep, diet properly.

>Welcome to proper fitness.

When I run on a track it feels super soft. I also like because I'll know how much further I have to go. Maybe give it a try.

no tracks by me sadly. Guess I will try the dirt path and grass and see how it works out

It's a very legit program, OP. It's how I started running. I was able to work my way up to marathon running. I'm going to be running my second one in October.

Jeez, I've been running the wrong way my whole life? Good thing I don't do it much. But landing midfoot seems like it's going to be very jarring, compared to rolling from heel to toe.

So I stopped running because of 'chronic' shin splints that I assumed (key word here) I was getting because of running on hard surfaces. Now I'm thinking it might be because I was overstriding.

However, that being said, can I just run on the soft sand on the beach? Would this prevent (or highly minimize) injuries I would sustain from running on hard surfaces like the sidewalk?

Pretty sure Arnold said he did cardio by running on the beach.

Chronic shin splint victim here as well - doing reverse calf raises help, a lot. As much volume as you can, with some sets to failure. I don't know the name of that muscle but basically when you run (especially on a hard surface) it has to absorb the shock or your shin starts to ache. The more endurance you can gain there, the less pain you'll have. If you're like me, it's because you overtrained your calf without training the muscle that wraps over the shin. Reverse calf raises will help fix this.

works fine but start old man slow. don't go above 6 mph for the first several weeks, and then up in increments. i finished the program at 6.3mph, then the very next week started upping speed .1 every workout. Seems to be a pretty decent linear progression plan currently.

Shin splints means landing on toes.
Heel strike gives knee pain... Runners knee. Sucks.

it works

welp Veeky Forums because of this l8m thread I started this today.

went ultra slow (4mph) and leaned on the treadmil bar to try and train myself for a proper mid foot strike and not stretch my legs out in front of my body.

Probably looked pretty ridiculous but I liked it. Will continue.