Still can't beat my father in an arm wrestle

What gives Veeky Forums?

Father is in his mid 50's. Carpenter of some sort. Has not worked out or been to a gym since his 20's. Horribly out of shape.

He weights 160ish. Me 145lb.

Be 23. Lifting for 3+ years. I can bench 160, Dip with 45 pounds attached, curl 40 pounds, do 20 pullups and 25 chin ups in a row, and I still cannot for the life of me beat my father in an arm wrestle. He still kicks my ass with ease.

What gives Veeky Forums? Is functional strength a meme afterall? Dad strength? What is this mystery?

G R I P
R
I
P
S T R E G T H
T
R
E
N
G
T
H
If your dads a carpenter he probably works with his hands all day has them for arm and hand gains wich is THE most important part of arm wrestling

Dude same my dad RAPES me at arm wrestling, yet I destroy him in the gym.

My money's on dad strength. Also:
>Me 145lb.
>Lifting for 3+ years.
How?

arm wrestling is a lot of technique (look up a video for best form), also fucking old dudes generally have big forearms/calves. Two muscle groups that get hit constantly daily and are hard to grow over short period of time.

forearm strength is a big factor in arm wrestling too

>145lbs bodyweight
>160lbs bench
>no squats or deadlifts
>3 years of lifting
I really hope you're trolling. what the fuck have you been doing those 3 years?

The dad strength meme is real.

Also arm wrestling depends as much on leverage as raw strength. If you have shorter forearms or shit technique you'll be at a disadvantage.

The bigger question here is how the hell have you been lifting for 3 years and manage to weigh 145 and bench 160?

Are you a twink? (no homo)

rape him

One of your problems is that you're a faggot. All your other problems also involve being a faggot in some capacity.

Used to work in a full machine shop
Wasn't unusual for me to hold a 10-15lb part in a sandblast hood in my left hand for 1-2 minutes at a time, perfectly still.
Ended up having to learn how to do it cross handed after my dominant right hand was weaker in endurance than the left

functional strength, bitch. you dont have it.

speaking of papa's what is Veeky Forums getting for their dad on dad's day?

me and my dad are gonna go for a walk. he cant stand presents but he and I would always jog and bike and walk at this park near our house

itll bring him memories

Half of arm wrestling is who has leverage, the person with the longest forearm will generally win, outside of the guys who do it professionally. My skinnyfat friends destroy me in arm wrestling and my arms are twice their size

My dad has a big beer gut but still destroys me in every lift

feels badman

no shit, i went from 155lb bench to a 245lb bench in less than a year. this has to be trolls or else i quit Veeky Forums due to sadness and pity

>be me when i was 16
>start using dads weights, old school weider cement covered in plastic
>no idea what im doing
>DB bench 3x10
>DB press 3x10
>DB curl 3x10
>manage to get DB bench up to 85lbs each hand, feeling good
>enter dad
>sees weights
>"wow son! finally lifting some REAL weight!"
>short burst of pride, ends immediately as dad grabs a 85lb DB and curls it
>curls it
>CURLS IT
>strict form, elbow on knee, no swinging
>dad drops weight, shoots me a look of pride, leaves
>stare at weights for a long time, avoid family dinner that night
>become quake 3 champion in training

old man strength is grip strength.

it can build up for decades, even after muscles start to shrink. If you want to beat him, make grip training your #1 priority. Be willing to risk your biceps snapping into orbit though

why'd he dick you on purpose though?

I had a strained relationship with my dad, and he recently passed in April. I got a call from his wife.

he didnt, he assumed i was using them for curls since he didnt see me benching them.

on a side note id like to mention that my dad was an absolute slab of strength. he was a naturally huge dude and i inherited his huge frame, wide shoulders, and height. i feel like ive let him down since i fell off the training wagon and have only started taking advantage of the sweet genetics hes gifted me.

mind if I save your picture bro?

he wins simply by default.
>mid 50s
retained strength, probably going to lose it soon. no speed, not all that powerful, stiff, slower.
>carpenter of some sort
he's moving around constantly.
>weighs 160ish. Me 145lb.
he wins by default again, the 15lb difference makes all the difference. you're maybe 145 wet.

should feel good cause he is showing you more about what you may be like at his age.

he knew you were probably benching or squatting with them. he didn't ask because he wanted you to keep doing your own thing at your own pace.

EAT BIG
LIFT HEAVY

BEAST MODE MOTHERFUCKER

Genetics bro and am sorry to say probably ain't your father

nice bait user.

>Lifting for 3+ years.
>weigh 145lb.
>bench 160

Did you forget to eat or lift? No wonder your dad is beating your candy ass.

>why can't a curlbro beat someone with actual functional strength wtf this is bullshit
This is how stupid you are.

underrated post, fix these things OP

:(

> forearm strength is a big factor in arm wrestling too

don't ever post again if you're going to be retarded.

you better fucking not