How are you getting those intellectual gains Veeky Forums?

How are you getting those intellectual gains Veeky Forums?

>8214 [Reply]▶
>How are you getting those intellectual gains Veeky Forums?
I'm not
I've been rejected from every University trying to transfer out of my current one
Ill be working in retail for the rest of my life
why bother
maybe I'll just drink enough to kill as many brain cells as I can so I don't realize how shitty it is

Got a couple degrees. Read a few non-fiction books per week. Have 2-3 meetings with people per week specifically to brainstorm and discuss various things. Still take courses and private tutoring or lessons in different subjects. Laid out curricula for topics I want to gain better mastery in. And that's about it, except for continuing to browse this malaysian rice forum.

Learning programming
Reading a certain amount each day
Sometimes do khan academy

Studying engineering at a top school. Multiple internships and nearly assuredly a dull time offer at a top company by the time I graduate. Read books and listen to audio books in the car.

>dull time offer
ee here, you got that right pham

I'll bring you back down to real life user.

You are failing your university degree. Last book you read was SS 2 years ago. You have no friends and you rant at people on steam about various things. You have to take courses and private tutoring due to failing grades but you don't go. You have no clue what your will do once you graduate if you graduate.

And you come here and refresh, fit, r9k and pol 7 hours a day.

Damn bruh you're circle jerking yourself with that woe is me shit

universities are a meme

By not wasting time reading novels. Don't fall for that meme, you're basically wasting time on overrated tales. If you're going to read do it to gather information, about economy, about politics, about fitness.

Reading the stranger won't make you smarter but a hipster faggot.

CS myself at a top tier uni. headed to facebük for a job
reading trying to read books this summer before I head out

Med school. On my neurology rotation, and 6 weeks out from STEP 2 CK. Made a 231 on a practice NBME yesterday. Wanna get into the 250+ range on the real thing. Should be doable, since I haven't even entered my 4 weeks of dedicated step prep. Doing about 2 hours of study a night after I get out of the hospital, plus whatever I need for the neurology rotation.

Finishing my undergrad reqs at a mediocre state school. Took 4 years to transfer there from community college. Had friends going to Berkeley, Ohio State, UCLA, and here I am. Don't be like me brews

I went to college. Then law school.

My biggest secret is I hate being intellectual. I'm happiest doing manual labor, bullshitting with men I don't have to impress.

kek that is pretty standard for this board, but happy to report that it's all true, user. You can make it, too, bruh. We can all make it.

Even this little bitch

You sound like a pretentious fuck. Dont forget to tip after you say all this to someone you just met

I don't usually mention it, except when people ask like OP did.
>le tip

Reading Anna Karenina codified everything that i now believe defines a man. I value that book more than any class i've ever taken or relationship i've ever been in

Do the technical stuff too but damn man, learn how to live too.

I'm wealthy so I don't really concern myself with academic achievements other than reading a book every week

Any auidobook you recommend? Just finished 11/22/63 and it was good as fuck. I have 2 credits to spend. Thinking about getting the outsiders or just another american classic

Its always nice to bring up in a conversation you read books. Then you can just discuss authors and stories like you would tv or music. Sure its great to know more about the economy or politics but I find talking about that stuff to be autistic af.

I read for fun and try to have a goal, even if it isn't something I'll ever follow through on.
This year, for example, I'm studying for the LSAT. I don't ever really plan to pursue law school but it seems like a hard and fun test to write.
My career also has certain professional development requirements, so courses, correspondence, etc that I have to complete every year to retain my professional designation.

Read James Burnham to learn the correct way of thinking about political science.

This.
Grew up working class and had to help my dad in construction because mexi parents think its a rule to instill a work ethic into their offspring, fucking hate it. But sometimes while im in Uni i just want to lay brink in the hot sun and not give a shit about anything.

If you can't see the inherent value in literature and philosophy then your life must be pretty shallow.
Aside from that, plenty of people read for fun, and while it may not make you an intellectual giant, reading a lot helps you retain information better, it improves your concentration and attention span, it helps you immerse yourself into escapism more completely than television or movies.

>Read "The Stand" by Stephen King
>Jam out to Anthrax's "Among the Living"
>Buy blue jeans and cowboy boots
>Walk around shirtless wearing them because I'm the Walking Dude

With some help from Captain Tripps, we're all gonna make it.

I kind of wish I went to a community college or at least a state school. I know where my intelligence level stood but i was forced to go to a university. I hate it. Went from being a decent social person in high school to a fucking loner virgin loser in college(commuting didnt help at all). Pretty much went to my schools rec center during my 5 hour gaps. I just want to graduate and become a firefight im done pursuing education.

Thats the thing though, If i didnt go to uni, would I have still found my love in lifting attending a community college? These are the questions that keep me up at night familia

Pff most of you just use it to sound like you have something useful to say on you PoF accounts as opposed to appreciating it for what it is..

You guys remind me of Brian Griffin, just a pseudo intellectual wanker.

Dmt and meditation. Books too