Large deficits

Who here /above average/ deficit? -600kcal reporting in. Post your deficit. How is it treating you? Lose dat dere muscle yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

uni-hohenheim.de/wwwin140/info/interaktives/energiebed.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Weight lost is good but i'm a bit scared about bouncing back, i'll have to be very careful once i'm done.

Gained some muscles, or is it they are a bit more defined since I've lost fat ? lifts however are mostly stalling.

I went from 120kg/260lbs to 80/175 in around 3 years and I cant fking wait for this journey to be over, If I don't screw up by the end of summer I should be fine at 75kg/165

What's your bf % now? I'm running a 750deficit atm. Seems safer than a full blown 1000

24 but its bs, I have love handles, gut, big legs, arm fat .. the whole package

Rocking the -800 cal life.
Only need to go a little over a month and a half more before I'll reach my goal. 157 down from 185, hoping to reach around 145 around beginning of August, maybe drop to 140 depending on how I'll look.
Yes I'm a manlet.

Still, it sounds like you've come a long way. Keep going dude.

It's okay. I too am a manlet. What's your bf right now? Will you maintain that -800 deficit all the way to your goal? When I hit 15% bf I'm seriously considering just a regular -500 deficit. Scared of muscle loss

Just done with a week cut of at least -700.

Lost about 3kg but felt very lethargic the last 3 days.

Now I'm at -200

1000-1500 deficit, 6'4 225 16% in the begining

2 weeks in, weighing 210 gonna do it for 6 more weeks.

I'm fucking dying in the gym doing PPLxPPLx

Been at a 1,100 defecit for 6 months now. Go on without me boys I have seen Hell.

FUUUUAAARKKK TRIPS FROM HELL

Ayyy hello Satan

what was your weight then and what is it now?

Started at 175lbs, now down to 150lbs. Put on some alright muscle too.

Im such a slow cutter.

I know my EXACT maintenance calories and the moment I go in a deficit I feel it.

I spent 50% of my cuts @ maintenance and 50% in a deficit. I honestly don't know how you people go 100% deficit for extended periods of time.

started PSMF yesterday, getting about 1100 kcal daily. 180cm, 76 kgs, working out 3 times a week, so i have about 1400kcal deficit. not that bad so far, i just hope i can make it to the end of the 2 week cycle

-1000kcal, cutting from 150kg
now I'm at 100kg eating 2300kcal per day and loosing 3-4kg per month

Damn all these 1000 cal deficiters. So is losing a muscle on these big deficits a meme then? So long as you get your required protein?

Is it per day or per week? If I weight 265 and eat 1000 calories a day, and do a 1000 calorie work out per day. Am I at 0?

I eat a lot of protein, and drink BCAA during/after workouts and whey after the workout. I don't seem to loose significant amount of muscle, but I still am around 16-18%bf.

Perhaps that will change once you get sub 15%

Have you still got muscle??

Only tangentially related, but what body fat percentages do you lads bulk and cut between? I'm trying to decide if it's time for me to start planning a cut, or keep trying to gain some mass.

Maybe. I measure myself and my progress a lot, so I will notice soon enough and adjust.

if you are losing weight and your BF% is not changing then you are losing muscle and fat at the same rate

holy fuck Satan great job

10% to 15% then cutting back down to 10% seems to be the consensus around these parts son.

checked

Im eating 1700 a day with alot of adderall and running. Dont know my exact deficit.

Yeah, I've actually put quite a bit of muscle on. I had none to begin with, I started this cut when I started lifting. It's definitely stunted my muscle growth and plateaued my lifts but as long as I get enough protein and rest I do okay.

-700 reporting in

thankfully im doing intermittent fasting so the cravings aren't too bad

I've stalled at 137 kg (roughly 300 lbs), been doing -900 for about five weeks. What am I doing wrong? I should lose 1 kg a week according to this with three days a week lifting.

Anyone here daring to use a /large/ deficit to cut all the way down to 10% bodyfat? Who here /bravesoul/

Bf % ¿

I'm not sure, probably like 15-20%.

I'm fat but not obese.

nigga, you made hell

6'0" 187 pounds when I started. My TDEE was allegedly ~1800 when using various websites. Scooby's TDEE put me a bit higher.

I still didn't see any weight loss the first week. Granted, I went back to the gym and lifted weights 3x last week and did cardio.

Still very disappointing to see no weight loss after eating healthier, getting back to the gym, doing cardio, and following a -500 TDEE deficit on most days.

500 deficit.

Lost approximately 5 kgs i 6 weeks.

Bench press has taken massive hit

Stalled on squats

Usual slow progress on DL.

>tfw thinken about what strength gains I could have had if I just stopped playing football and returned to bulking.
>tfw 170 cm and 83 kg is of no use in football
>tfw 77.5 kg and feel lighter, vertical jump has improved.
>Just wanna squat 4 plate asap.

I had the same thing happen to me, make sure you rule out the fact your kitchen scales may be broken and they you are definitely eating what you think you are. Once you know your calories are spot on and and you still aren't losing weight try a fasting day or two, seemed to snap me right out of the stall. If it's only been 1 week with no weight loss then I wouldn't worry too much at the moment, it's probably just something to do with hydration levels

5'11 eating about 600 cals a day of my recommended 2500 or so at 96kgs
I usually make it 0 after ive hit the gym
So a -1900kcal deficit.

oh really? I know that
eat less, pic related

How long since you started.

I'm actually slowly gaining strength on this deficit as well.

Just a week ago. I know it's too early to stress about because I've already done a more drastic cut from 220 to 165 a long time ago.

Just feels slow as hell this time while maintaining the weight. Also, I seem to eat around ~2000 mg of sodium a day which might contribute.

I'm low protein and still lift.
I haven't really lost muscle size but my lifts are going down slowly

It is literally 10x as hard for your body to break down muscle than it is fat.

You people are basically all talking about being afraid of starvation mode, which doesn't fucking exist if you're over 10%ish bf, and God knows you are.

Also, stop looking in a mirror and comparing your picture to the ones on the Internet to guestimate your body fat %, get some calipers.

Tell Cara your bodyfat percentage

Cut down on the salt then, not only will it help lose water but its better for your body.

Dont fuck up this one chance you have at life by eating to much salt.

We're all going to make it.

cutting down from what he is on is fine but too low and you will get some wicked cramps.

~10%

Thanks anons. Goodbye my salted vegetables.

Sounds about right. I'm skinny fat and 20%, so I might get my ass cutting, and bulk again at 12 or 13. Cheers for the help.

I'ts been atleast two weeks. I lost 15 kg the first six months by just lifting and adjusting my eating habits (beginner phase) but since then I've stalled. Tell me about the fasting you did. Can I do a spontanious fasting today when I've already eaten 674 kcal or am I screwed for today and should wait?

When calculating my TDEE I get 3394 kcal, I currently count that Im eating close to or sligthly above 2400 kcal. I use the "MyFitnessPal" app to calculate and keep track of the calories.

Should I really eat less? Won't that send me into starvation mode?

My TDEE is 3500 ish and MFP says I eat 1300-1500 a day

am I gonna die ? I'm worried I don't eat enough, but visually I'm looking better. I lift 3x week / walk 8-10km every other day with a 30lbs pack. I lose about 1lbs a day during the week and gain 1lbs a day during weekend (no junk food)

Is the cut too harsh ?

I'm at -600 on diet (cutting at 1800 with ~2400 TDEE). I don't bother counting "exercise calories burned" cause it's a joke but I must be burning around 400 cause I've been losing 1kg a week :^)

Starvation mode is BS.
Also is that number factoring high exercise or sedentary.
I cut at -1900kcals and have had no issues.

Starvation mode does not exist. Ask people that were in Auschwitz.

Anyway, are you using a calculator that uses lean body mass or total body mass? If you use the latter, and are overweight or obese, it will overestimate your TDEE. From my point of view (and I lost 54kg over the last 16 months), you either overestimate your TDEE or underestimate your calorie intake. You need to be precise, especially with calorie-dense foods. I use a kitchen scale and measuring spoons.
How much do you weigh? How much body fat do you have? How active are you?

>I don't understand what starvation mode is

>I never cut from being a hamplanet

You're a braver man than I user

The body does not go into shutdown to a degree that starvation mode means anything.
Its made by fatties to make it okay that they don't try.
At best the body will slow metabolism down a few 100 at tops.
Also this doesn't happen unless you are already really low in weight.

back a year ago when I was you I was eating 1600kcal per day, just checked
I cannot believe that was possible (I'm often hungry eating 2300kcal now), but the weight loss was quite fast then.

/retardsoul/

24 year old male.
137 kg as of this moment (weighed myself for this thread)
193 cm tall.
I go to the gym three times a week, 90 minutes per time. 1 hour lifting and 30 minutes cardio on bike. Otherwise I sit still.

I have no idea regarding the calculator, MD Mifflin and ST St Jeor is the one the site uses for calculation.

The site allowes me to choose between the options "Exercise 1-3 times a week" and "Exercice 3-5 times a week" and I took the first option.

Damn nigguh see you on the other side f a m

Estimated BF%: 30

I can see my ribs through my skin, yet I still have a round belly. What the fuck do I do with a fat distribution like that, Veeky Forums? I really don't know if I should be eating above or below TDEE, it's stressing me out.

Its easy enough when you really want it.
Been on a -1900kcal run for the last 6 months.
Only worry is the damage im doing to my metabolism.

I started counting and instantly dropped -1200 calories.

I never realized how fast those king size snickers add up.

Already lost 15+ pounds.

Im 1.74m and 82kg at max. 1400kcal daily...lost 8kg in 2months...dont feel bad though..its pretty chill

Hey bro, you see that dramatic drop in weight on that chart? There's more motivation for you. I saw your other thread. That slope is your 400,000+ calories bro. That shit is amazing. Your progress is huge and this chart shows that. You got this bro. Keep going

t-thanks.
I just really want it, and I do it for mysel. I started lifting and its fun. I'm not longer depressed and feel like a different person, really disconnected with who I was a year ago.
I would just try eating less if I were you. There is no magic to it. And really be precise in counting calories. Small things add up.

30% bf at 137kg is not really realistic, it would mean 100kg lean body mass. Even at your height that's a lot of mass, Klokov tier. I don't think that can be the case.

Your activity is a not a lot in terms of calories, so I would not count on it to create the deficit.

From my experience, the best way is to:
1. Plan a certain macro/calorie amounts for a month
2. Stick to it for a month
3. Weight yourself every day, preferably in the morning after taking a piss/shit and average out every week. Then you look look at changes in weekly averages.
4. After a month you evaluate your progress. 1kg lost = 7000kcal deficit. From there you can calculate your TDEE.
5. If youre happy with progress and the way you feel day-to-day, stick to it. If not, change calories/macros. You will find your sweet spot, and you will make progress while doing it. It's a marathon, not a sprint. ]

Oh, and just to be clear:
- change calories to decrease/increase amount you loose first
- once youre happy with that, assess how you feel
- change the macros to fine-tune the way you feel

I feel like shit if I eat too much carbs or too much fat. I like a lot of protein, my current macros are 40% protons, 40% fat and 20% carbs. But different things work for different people.

Ok, I'll lower the daily intake of kcal to 2000 for the rest of June, starting today (674 kcal already). I migth do a fasting day once a week to spice it up. If it doesn't work, I'll go down to 1800.

Thank you for the help.

no problem, keep it up
once you reach lower weight and start seeing muscle definition, you will see it was worth it!

[1100*7*(4*6)]/3500 = ~50 lb

Nah, you were on a 500 calorie deficit at most -- and that's assuming you didn't step foot in a gym.

Well. This was a successful thread. OP here, mirin his thread :')

El Diablo. How did you not get sick from such a high deficit?

I would like to know this also. Btw how can you just enter this thread and NOT tell us your deficit?

currently bulking, but once I did a 3,000 calorie deficit and lost 35 lbs in less than 2 months

Sorry about that user.

I'very been around a 500-600 call deficit since April. Dropped from 84kg to about 74-75kg. Checked out my bf % last night and it was 15%.

I know i'very got a bit to go, but right now I'm feeling really good about myself.

That's good to hear. And it sounds like you're playing it smart with that deficit. Keep up the good work my anonymous friend.

*I've

Fuck auto correct on my phone.

Thanks. I haven't felt this energetic and healthy in years and I don'the plan to stop now.

Wut. Is your willpower a separate living entity or something?

I don't really know, because the results I get from various calculators for my TDEE vary too much.

For the basal metabolic rate I get roughly the same result of 1900kcal/day from all of them.
But the activity factor differs so much that I got results from 2400kcal/day to 3200kcal/day.

The standard ones with 5 selectable levels give me 2400 up to 3000, depending if I choose level 2 (light exercise) or level 3 (moderate exercise) and which calculator I use.
I do 30min of bicycling each day at a heart rate of about 130 and some crunches and push ups.

The ones where you can specify you activity a bit more like this one:
uni-hohenheim.de/wwwin140/info/interaktives/energiebed.htm
(it's German) give me 3200kcal/day.
But I'm still not sure if it's correct because I can't select bicycling at a faster speed than 10km/h there.

m8 my TDEE is 2,337 and I'm eating 1,290.

Making sure I get enough protein and sleep. I do get tired a lot easier than previously though.

Checked

sounds like you need better nutrition,also try putting some muscle on that rib eh?maybe some sit ups and crunches

I don't actually know how many calories I consume in a day, but for what it's worth, I only eat one regular-sized meal a day.

>no breakfast
>no lunch
>maybe a few cups of black coffee (negligible amount of calories, like less than 2 per cup)
>dinner only

The only liquids I consume are water, coffee, and soup if that happens to be my meal.

-800 to -1000 cal deficit here. Running half dosage EC stack for all of June so hunger isn't really an issue. At 175 down from 183 so far

so what is the best way to monitor calories. Im currently using TDEE but it might be wrong because it said mine was 3,600. Im eating only 2000 and feeling ok with that amount as long i go to sleep early enough.

-900 cal

Going to lose weight before building my muscle. Currently at 230, on my way to 170-180.

>less than 2 calories per cup

eating about 600-700 calories a day.

28 pounds lost in 5 weeks so far, going well.

Just go for tour basal metabolic rate and calculate your cardio seperatly.

Wolframalpha.com is a great tool for calculating your burned kcal.

I personally do not even count cardio so I am sure I am way under my defecit, I ride my bike for at least 15 min a day at about 28-30 km/h and thag burns me about 300 kcal.

All you need for this is a stopwatch.

biking 15 minutes at 30kmph burns more like 150kcal, just saying, unless it's mad uphill

5'11 down to 152 from 189, cutting since February at -650-750 cal.

I really want to start eating at maintenance+300, my lifting progress is starting to take a hit

been on between 300-700 cal deficit for a few months apparently . i do havensome gains but dizzy most of the time, stomach is too.pussy for fat food sometimes.

help me brehs

Not making any significant strength gains on my lifts since this cut, but no loss either, so eh.
Just 1 year lifting and around 1/2/3/4, so I can still afford to go a bit deep in my cuts.